Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,895 members, 7,802,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

HELP: My Benz E220 Wagon's Key Is Not Working. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP: My Benz E220 Wagon's Key Is Not Working. (1692 Views)

Help: My Benz E220 Wagon Stops Working / Turning / Picture Of G-wagon Being Used For 'kabu Kabu' In Lagos. / My Car Key Is Lost? What Can I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP: My Benz E220 Wagon's Key Is Not Working. by fontv1: 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2014
HELP: My Benz E220 Wagon KEY is not Turning.
When inserted the key will not suck as usual. It wont turn either. i have changed the lithium batteries in it still the same. please help me. What do i do. any Key technician in the house?

1 Like

Re: HELP: My Benz E220 Wagon's Key Is Not Working. by AutosBay(m): 3:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
Either the key or the EIS (electronic ignition switch) is faulty.

Try your spare key. If the other one works, it's likely the first key is faulty. If neither works, it's likely the EIS is faulty (it's very rare for 2 keys to fail at the same time).

Some people will tell you to replace the batteries. I can tell you ahead of time that replacing the batteries will not solve the problem because the batteries are strictly for the remote locking of the vehicle. They have nothing to do with starting the car.
Re: HELP: My Benz E220 Wagon's Key Is Not Working. by fontv1: 10:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
[quote author=AutosBay post=27722201]Either the key or the EIS (electronic ignition switch) is faulty.

Try your spare key. If the other one works, it's likely the first key is faulty. If neither works, it's likely the EIS is faulty (it's very rare for 2 keys to fail at the same time).

Some people will tell you to replace the batteries. I can tell you ahead of time that replacing the batteries will not solve the problem because the batteries are strictly for the remote locking of the vehicle. They

Thank you very much. Since i imported the car about ten months ago... i only got one key for it so i do not have a spare key for it. i have changed the batteries... the key light used to blink before when pressed but it wont show light at all when pressed especially trying to central lock it. but when the key is inserted into the car it begins to blink continously.
before now i used to have problems with its central lock, at times the car would lock and next day the key wont be able to unlock it gain until i called panel beater to manually open the front driver door.
i am confused n tired
Re: HELP: My Benz E220 Wagon's Key Is Not Working. by fontv1: 10:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
AutosBay:
Either the key or the EIS (electronic ignition switch) is faulty.

Some people will tell you to replace the batteries. I can tell you ahead of time that replacing the batteries will not solve the problem because the batteries are strictly for the remote locking of the vehicle. They have nothing to do with starting the car.
Re: HELP: My Benz E220 Wagon's Key Is Not Working. by ZIMDRILL(m): 10:33pm On Nov 04, 2014
fontv1:
When inserted the key will not suck as usual. It wont turn either. i have changed the lithium batteries in it still the same. please help me. What do i do. any Key technician in the house?

try this clean the end of the key make sure that there is no dirty on it, it once happened to a friend of mine all he was told was tol clean the end bit

if that doesnt work then there is a easy cheap way of getting the car back on the road i.e change with a set of ECU with its ignation barrel and the locks of the doors and swap them with ones on the car
Re: HELP: My Benz E220 Wagon's Key Is Not Working. by colossus2: 6:35am On Nov 05, 2014
Your key has expired.
It needs to be changed and re-programmed
Re: HELP: My Benz E220 Wagon's Key Is Not Working. by business05(m): 1:02am On Jan 03, 2015
can i change only the key? i was told i must change both the brain box and the key otherwise it wont work.
please help
Re: HELP: My Benz E220 Wagon's Key Is Not Working. by Babalakin(m): 1:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
fontv1:
hello,sorry if this is coming late.do u still have that property in gowon estate for sale? I'm interested in it.thank you

(1) (Reply)

The 1million Miles 2007 Toyota Tundra 4.7L V8 (video) / Choosing Btw 2001 Camry And 2002 Lexus RX 300 / Toyota Corolla 2004 Vs Honda Accord Eod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.