Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader (3400 Views)

Loe Ogor Emerges Minority Leader, House Of Reps. / Dogara Resists APC Leaders' Move to Appoint Gbajabiamila as Majority Leader / Adeola-akande Is The New House Majority Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by kahal29: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Mulikat Akande-Adeola, said on Tuesday‎ that it had now dawned on her that the Speaker, Mr. Aminu Tambuwal, his Deputy, Mr. Emeka Ihedioha, and Deputy House Leader, Mr. Leo Ogor, played a game on her over Tambuwal’s defection.

T‎ambuwal had defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressives Congress on October 28.

He adjourned the House to December 3 soon after announcing his defection, cashing in on the motion for adjournment already moved by Akande-Adeola.

The majority leader has since come under heavy criticism from the PDP, which ‎blames her for allowing Tambuwal to defect under her nose and getting away with a lengthy adjournment of the House.

But, speaking in Abuja on Tuesday, the House leader tried to exonerate herself‎, saying that she had no concrete evidence that Tambuwal was defecting until the announcement came abruptly on October 28.

She added that, it was until he defected that it dawned on her that there was a game going on, which Tambuwal, Ihedioha and Ogor knew about but kept her in the dark.

Akande-Adeola stated, “At that point in the chamber, I didn’t feel anyhow but after he made his statement then I knew that there was something that must have been planned that I was not aware of.

“Because if you know me very well, I am someone; I deal with everyone on equal basis and I have a very open mind. I don’t think it would have been out of place for the speaker to even tell me that leader, I am moving tomorrow. I don’t think that would have been out of place.

“The only thing would have been may be to ask him a few questions and all that. We are colleagues in the House. We represent different constituencies.

“What is good for him may not be good for me. He has his reasons for doing whatever he has done. But I would have expected that I was told no matter what. So, that is just it.‎”

She recalled that before the motion for adjournment was moved, she asked Ihedioha and Ogor if the speculated defection plan of Tambuwal was true since it was not happening, but both officials brushed off her concerns.

Akande-Adeola revealed that a meeting of the leadership had taken place a day to the defection, where the issue of the appropriate date for the adjournment was discussed.

She claimed to have opposed the lengthy defection to December 3 because it did not tally with that of the Senate, which was November. 4.

The leader added that she even reported to the ‎meeting that December 3 was not realistic because the Senate Leader, Victor Ndoma-Egba, had already briefed her that the Senate would reconvene on November 4.

However, she said her own position was overruled by the majority of the nine members of the leadership in attendance, including Tambuwal.

She admitted that the meeting eventually agreed to the December 3 date after the consensus was that the period would be used for ‎oversight duties and party primaries.

She clarified that Tambuwal’s defection was not an item on the agenda of the meeting, neither was mention of it made throughout the session.

“So, after all the reasoning and everything, we agreed that okay, first, members should go and work on their tickets and that the House will adjourn for the first two weeks, let members conclude all the reports in the various committees. And the following two weeks will be for oversight functions towards the budget. That was what we agreed,” she added.

www.punchng.com/news/tambuwal-ihedioha-ogor-deceived-me-house-majority-leader/
Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by Descartes: 5:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
You are not a chessmaster that's why you were outwitted cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by politricks: 5:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
They were able to deceive you because you are as clueless as ..........

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by gmaribel(m): 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
politricks:
They were able to deceive you because you are as clueless as ..........

angry angry brief loss of concentration

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
That is what they thrive on, deceit. Deception is APC's game 99% of the time. They deceived us in Oyo, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun etc. We cannot fall for their game of deceit again.

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by hardywaltz(m): 6:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
So it's this unintelligent woman that they wanted to make Speaker..
Jezzzzzz

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
This woman is a liar! The news of Tambuwal defection were all over the papers 2 days to the actual date. The fact is that, you are just as clueless as your oga -the fedora-hat-wearing-thief from otuoke!

Ndi ara!

11 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by Demdem(m): 6:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
What I can decode from this is that the adjournment was not solely from Tambuwal. It was jointly agreed on even pdp members.
Smart man. grin

8 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
Madam,you're not smart at all. Next time do not let your male counterparts to outsmart you in events happening at the lower chamber.

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by Omimah: 6:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
I don't think Mulikat Akande was deceived, Tambuwal just showed how smart he is. After adjournment had been moved and seconded, the Speaker announced his defection. It should be noted that after the motion for adjournment was moved and seconded, plenary was still technically on until the Speaker struck the garvel. It was in between the seconds (or minutes) when the motion was seconded and the garvel struck that Tambuwal made announcement. Immediately the garvel was strucked, the recess started. Tambuwal is smart.

8 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by tit(f): 6:30pm On Nov 04, 2014
it looks like Ihedioha has lost the PDP guber nomination.
APC has to organize a mini convention to welcome him into our fold.

3 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by Nctrice(m): 6:36pm On Nov 04, 2014
it's Normal sometime you are carried along and sometimes you are not!!! It's the Game, that's why politicians would always want to remain relevant politically! RELEVANCE is the Key Word here!
Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by atlwireles: 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
Mrs Mulikat Akande, please leave those bunch of hypocritical mad men alone. They were all part of the conspiracy. Unfortunately some of them have miscalculated. APC has tickets pending in Imo and delta states,Ihedioha and Ogor can get their tickets. They can either become govs there or try reelection to the house on APC's platform .Enough of this men of deceit. Politics is an Honorable profession, if they can't play it straight, they should become charge and bail lawyers.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by KHAYGOLD(m): 6:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
Tambuwa outsmarted you guys. We only need smart and intelligent people in power, not those that can't even calculate what is likely to happen in future, not those that blame every dick and harry to every challenges they face. Is there anyone like Fashola, Aregbeshola, Okorocha, Amaechi, Oshomole etc in PDP? No. These guys are young, vibrant and intelligent. These are the people we need in power, including myself. We shall get there someday. God bless the FRN.

8 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by dtruth3(m): 6:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
mtchewwwww
Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by divaoflife: 6:48pm On Nov 04, 2014
How?By not informing you before hand?
Nay.That is not deceit madam.Next time,make yourself more relevant.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by brainpower(m): 6:57pm On Nov 04, 2014
There's more to this defection than meets the eye. She was outsmarted cos she trusted her fellow party members and she evn asked them and they denied that Tambuwal was defecting. But one thing is certain, except GEJ is voted out, there are men that will surely pay for their insolence. This isn't just politics anymore Tambuwal, Amaechi and Kwankwaso took this fight this far and I don't think the fight will end after the elections. Let's keep our fingers crossed and see what happens soon. One thing is certain, if GEJ is re-elected, he is going to be more ruthless than he is now, he has it in him.

4 Likes

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by RockMaxi: 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
See the person talking about deception.

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by RockMaxi: 7:20pm On Nov 04, 2014
See the person talking about deception, little wonder she wasn't given the speaker of the house in the first instance. Sorry ma this is politics.
Stop insulting our sensibility, you knew the game plan but you refuse to understand that every schemer will always have plan b. Presidency wanted to push Tambuwal as APC presidential candidate as against that of Buhari, but as it is now all this noise is just for face saving. Tambuwal will be compensated with governorship for Sokoto state and presidency knows what that meant.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by Nobody: 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
Omimah:
I don't think Mulikat Akande was deceived, Tambuwal just showed how smart he is. After adjournment had been moved and seconded, the Speaker announced his defection. It should be noted that after the motion for adjournment was moved and seconded, plenary was still technically on until the Speaker struck the garvel. It was in between the seconds (or minutes) when the motion was seconded and the garvel struck that Tambuwal made announcement. Immediately the garvel was strucked, the recess started. Tambuwal is smart.

I'm done weeping for Nigeria. We're so backward that honesty no longer has a place in our country. Haba!
Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by luv2talk(m): 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2014
I don’t think it would have been out of place for the speaker to even tell me that leader, I am moving tomorrow. I don’t think that would have been out of place.
Tell You wetin? shocked shocked shocked
walahi this woman is a comediane grin grin

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by gtrust: 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
This woman is a liar! The news of Tambuwal defection were all over the papers 2 days to the actual date. The fact is that, you are just as clueless as your oga -the fedora-hat-wearing-thief from otuoke!

Ndi ara!

I think she had no idea what to do if Tambuwal should ACTUALLY defect!
Everybody knew, even in the villages, that Tambuwal was defecting just around when the Ministers were resigning their appointments to go contest for respective State Governorship.

What would she have done This is the main thing.

I would agree with you on this one: she is clueless!
I will disagree with you on her Oga being "clueless".
Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by Descartes: 7:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
She is just a pawn on the political chessboard grin

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by Alphaoscar: 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
like Gej like mulikat.double Mu.mu

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by Alphaoscar: 8:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
like Gej like mulikat.double Mu.mu= Mumu dimeji
Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by orimsamsam(m): 8:12pm On Nov 04, 2014
This mulikat is so stupid and cluess
Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by sule5727: 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
,[quote author=kahal29 post=27725246]Majority Leader of the House of Representatives, Mulikat Akande-Adeola, said on Tuesday‎ that it had now dawned on her that the Speaker, Mr. Aminu Tambuwal, his Deputy, Mr. Emeka Ihedioha, and Deputy House Leader, Mr. Leo Ogor, played a game on her over Tambuwal’s defection.

T‎ambuwal had defected from the Peoples Democratic. no matter how women are they can never be like man so the use sence as man to deceive you women can never rule us in this country may God help naija one love.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by mafifle: 8:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
I am wondering why people keep referring to Emeka Ihedioha. Emeka has not done anything wrong. If not for him, APC would have taken over the leadership of the house. So instead of blackmailing him , we should praise him for standing firm and protecting the interest of his party. The house leader should shut up her mouth. What makes her think that Emeka is also aware in totality Tambuwal`s plan. They may have a close relationship , but in nigerian politics personal interest reigns supreme.
Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by AdeniyiA(m): 8:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
Demdem:
What I can decode from this is that the adjournment was not solely from Tambuwal. It was jointly agreed on even pdp members.
Smart man. grin
that Tanbuwal is one witty and diplomatic politician

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by contactlenz: 9:50pm On Nov 04, 2014
She is still a learner in the game of politics.
Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by skyeboy98(m): 9:51pm On Nov 04, 2014
Mulikat,when ur coleague are busy puting things in place u ar busy attending party in sw owanbe, now people that ready for business are serious doing business u ar now complaining that they didn't tell u, tell u what ? So that u will scatter their plan,abeg sidon for ur ibadan dey go ur party up and down ooo ode oshi.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal, Ihedioha, Ogor Deceived Me -house Majority Leader by burberry89(m): 11:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
tokunboh:
That is what they thrive on, deceit. Deception is APC's game 99% of the time. They deceived us in Oyo, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun etc. We cannot fall for their game of deceit again.

Na how APC take deceive you in Osun cos I am also from Osun state.... Abeg explain urself

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015: Govs Chime, Suswam, Imoke Set To Dump Pdp / . / I’ll Flee Nigeria If APC Wins —bode George

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.