Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,216 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:47 AM

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos (126605 Views)

Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: / How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by ibrahym47(m): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
dammilotun:
Anyone ever been to the U.S embassy Walter Carrington lagos.I was there sometimes ago with a friend to process our student visa. I saw a lot of funny things.the crowd there was similar to that of the redemption camp at a distance grin grin grin.I saw a lot of folks kitted like business men,some from the word go I already denied them in my mind.funniest of my experience that day was a lady who was interviewed just before me.she claimed she was going to see her uncle in Atlanta whose wife just gave birth.the consular asked if she has a job to which she said yes.without asking she said she works in an oil and gas company;name have never heard before,the address she gave was right beside my house....lol.I tapped myself to wake myself up from the dream...the consular asked how many month was she gonna help babysit the child as she claimed...she said 8months...the consular denied her and here she goes kneeling down.please sir for heaven sake,for the sake of this new baby pls give me this visa...I literally busted into an uncontrollable laughter as the security guys showed her the way out.it was such a gorycomical sight.guys share your funny experience at the us embassy
Walai dis post took awaymy sorrow, lol@ ori omo tuntun

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by google1(m): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
When a question, such as ‘do you have a
relation in the US?’ Most often, they are
quick to say ‘yes’, which of course, is in
order. Such an answer creates doubt that
since the person has a relation, there is
every tendency that the person may not
want to come back. So visas can be
rejected on that ground

12 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by TFLAME(m): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
Interesting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by sukkot: 3:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
i dont go to us embassy. they beg me to come to their country. the us consular comes crawling on his knees begging me to give me us citizenship wink

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by tellwisdom: 3:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
Where is u.s embassy located? sad....What type of food do they sell ??

36 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by austinbrown: 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2014
I school in France so I was interviewd in French, I can't share my experience here cos most of u will not understand it

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by ashewopeckas(f): 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
I remember my experience last year, that place could be a crazy place. I went with my son and for no particular reason, the boy was just crying and causing serious scene inside the waiting room. One yoruba woman just said 'Ki won ti e fun eleyi ni visa jare, ko ma ko ariwo e lor'. They called us at the same time but different booths. The VO just asked for my position at my organization, my salary scale and my aim of applying and the visa was ours. The woman brought all the documents in her house (looked like Akpabio chemistry book) and started stammering when they asked her where she would stay in the US. When they denied the woman visa, i laff so tey even my son stopped crying and started looking at me..................................

67 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
lol
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by EvilSeeed: 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
[b]The Funniest one I saw was in Abuja:

One young guy came out the door of the embassy building into the waiting area just outside the building and started jumping and praising God like he just won the lottery.. na so people outside start to para o! They started attacking the guy o! Saying all sorts and calling him name and asking if he was the first to get a Visa.. One very vocal woman and her husband who were dressed in matching ankara outfit just wouldnt stop, they just kept saying things like; Na Visa to Heaven?!, Its not a big deal, see how he is embarassing Nigerians, this is why the would keep rejecting us as if America is heaven, blah blah..

Then comes their turn.. The Cousular guy just asks them 'Why are you applying for this Visa', they gave an answer and he just straight up denies them.. OMO!! See as the woman burst cry inside the embassy o!! grin She started crying, begging, telling the guy that they were well travellled, have been to Ukraine, malysia, etc.. Omo! As the Security guy approached them, she started calling the guy a racist, saying God would punish him, calling him wicked, e.t.c.. grin

Omo!! I scatter laff for inside there wey be say all the Embassy people start to look me like say I dey mad..

even as I reach outside, the woman still dey cry o!! Omo! See the way wey I rush enter taxi loss fast, before that woman go stab me to death. grin[/b]

121 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by kakiya: 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
I WAS THERE 2 DAYS BACK. THE COUNCILLOR DENIED ME VISA AFTER ANSWERING ÀLL HER QUESTIONS. SHE LOOKED AT MY BANK STATEMENT AND DO SOME FUNNY THINGS LOOKING AT THE WALL AND SAID I'M NOT ELIGIBLE. I FELT LIKE CRYING BUT ALL THE SAME I LEFT.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
austinbrown:
I school in France so I was interviewd in French, I can't share my experience here cos most of u will not understand it
me too I sch.in france... Where in france did you reside

3 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
This government sef
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Boss13: 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
dammilotun:
Anyone ever been to the U.S embassy Walter Carrington lagos.I was there sometimes ago with a friend to process our student visa. I saw a lot of funny things.the crowd there was similar to that of the redemption camp at a distance grin grin grin.I saw a lot of folks kitted like business men,some from the word go I already denied them in my mind.funniest of my experience that day was a lady who was interviewed just before me.she claimed she was going to see her uncle in Atlanta whose wife just gave birth.the consular asked if she has a job to which she said yes.without asking she said she works in an oil and gas company;name have never heard before,the address she gave was right beside my house....lol.I tapped myself to wake myself up from the dream...the consular asked how many month was she gonna help babysit the child as she claimed...she said 8months...the consular denied her and here she goes kneeling down.please sir for heaven sake,for the sake of this new baby pls give me this visa...I literally busted into an uncontrollable laughter as the security guys showed her the way out.it was such a gorycomical sight.guys share your funny experience at the us embassy

Come'on you have a job and you want to spend 8 months baby sitting a child in the US - see how people deny themselves visa. What kind of job would grant you 8 months vacation - what a dumb answer from the lady.

Hilarious experience though but she caused her rejection. I guess there was no letter of introduction from the company she claimed to be working with.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
kakiya:
I WAS THERE 2 DAYS BACK. THE COUNCILLOR DENIED ME VISA AFTER ANSWERING ÀLL HER QUESTIONS. SHE LOOKED AT MY BANK STATEMENT AND DO SOME FUNNY THINGS LOOKING AT THE WALL AND SAID I'M NOT ELIGIBLE. I FELT LIKE CRYING BUT ALL THE SAME I LEFT.

With this kind of statement, why would they not deny you an entry visa grin

8 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by 1shortblackboy: 4:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
ed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by hayoakins(m): 4:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
tellwisdom:
Where is u.s embassy located? sad....What type of food do they sell ??

You schooled in Chad se?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
grin shocked
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
1shortblackboy:
D pains of being a citizen of a third world country. Ur traped no body wants to let u in to their country

Actually, they do.

Many Western countries want people from all over to come to their country....and even become citizens....especially as the population is getting older...and their young people are not having any children.

The catch is....you have to be the right sort of person to enter their country. You have to especially show that you would be a contributor to their economy.....not a drain on their economy.

So, want to live in the US? Work hard, train hard, fight easy at the visa portal.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by uwherin(m): 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
no one
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by 100Cents: 4:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
Mrkuvuki:
The struggle for US Visa

The hustle is real..
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Sanguine77(m): 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:
I was there a week back around 6:30am. We all waited patiently for the first interview and hoped that if his/her visa was granted the goodluck would rub off on the rest of us....for where?

It was a lady and her interview took place in booth 7. She claimed that she was going to attend a seminar sponsored by a company she distributes for here in Nigeria. After the VO found her not eligible for the visa, he was about handing over her documents when the lady said, "Oga, please hold on to it, my interview can't be over". Then VO repeated that "you are ineligible", while he was saying this, the lady keep on explaining how many clients she has, how much she makes... vo repeated himself, Lady also repeated her self. At that point everyone laughed so hard. The lady left a few seconds later.

My own unusual experience.

Same day as above. While waiting in line outside, I discovered that I was feeling some fresh air around my toes, on both feet. When I looked down, the sole of my shoe was coming off from the front. Horror!!! I've not even entered the Consulate yet. Why me? With each step I took, more of the sole was coming off, got to a point I couldn't lift my feet to walk, I dragged them, I was already in the interviewing area at this point.

I kept on praying for this little incidence not to cause any visa denial. It didn't. After it was approved, I majestically walked out with half of the sole of my shoe gone. When people waiting outside saw me, there laughed, and I thought within myself......"dey laugh me, make you no go face your own interview"
This your shoe come be like fish wey wan swallow something.

19 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by dammilotun(m): 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
sukkot:
i dont go to us embassy. they beg me to come to their country. the us consular comes crawling on his knees begging me to give me us citizenship wink

grin grin that's funny

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by priscaoge(f): 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
Lmao cheesy cheesy
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
my funny (not funny for the applicant though) experience was watching some dude from the east. answering one question.

1: You said you own a farm, what is the value in naira? JAMB question grin grin grin the dude kept going, it is a farm and i make plenty money on it. it is in millions of naira. it is bigger than this embassy sef. grin grin in my mind i was like, just give the guy a figure between N10-N15 million

I think the key to getting a US visa most times is your Financial Standing when filling out the application. my interview lasted 3 minutes and the interviewer told me my visa has been approved and to pick it up at this address in VI. I never had the chance to show him my carefully packed documents. strange. i thought it was a prank. i actually thought i had been denied until i got to DHL office to pick it up. my Wife was even heavily pregnant and the questions he asked were

1: have you been out of Nigeria as a family -YES
2: Do you plan to give birth in the US - YES
3: have you made arrangements -NO i plan to if i get the visa but I have made calls

scanned our finger prints and that was it.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
_

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by eleko1: 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
undecided undecided undecided undecidedOtuoke sad undecided undecided
penquin:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by austinbrown: 4:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
penquin:
marseille
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Helives: 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
Welome to Nairaland, Damilotun *winks*

dammilotun:

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by experimentist: 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
EvilSeeed:
[b]The Funniest one I saw was in Abuja:

One young guy came out the door of the embassy building into the waiting area just outside the building and started jumping and praising God like he just won the lottery.. na so people outside start to para o! They started attacking the guy o! Saying all sorts and calling him name and asking if he was the first to get a Visa.. One very vocal woman and her husband who were dressed in matching ankara outfit just wouldnt stop, they just kept saying things like; Na Visa to Heaven?!, Its not a big deal, see how he is embarassing Nigerians, this is why the would keep rejecting us as if America is heaven, blah blah..

Then comes their turn.. The Cousular guy just asks them 'Why are you applying for this Visa', they gave an answer and he just straight up denies them.. OMO!! See as the woman burst cry inside the embassy o!! grin She started crying, begging, telling the guy that they were well travellled, have been to Ukraine, malysia, etc.. Omo! As the Security guy approached them, she started calling the guy a racist, saying God would punish him, calling him wicked, e.t.c.. grin

Omo!! I scatter laff for inside there wey be say all the Embassy people start to look me like say I dey mad..

even as I reach outside, the woman still dey cry o!! Omo! See the way wey I rush enter taxi loss fast, before that woman go stab me to death. grin[/b]
grin

Crazy woman!
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by ionsman: 4:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
I was at the south african embassy last week.When asked my reason for travelling,I told them the truth.Am going there to sample all those big southie babes as.s I see on tv..... cool

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.