Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos (126773 Views)

Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: / How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nelrulez(m): 6:59pm On Nov 08, 2014
Really? I've nothing to gain, I only shared d experience. It's either you believe or you bounce it.
johncreek:

Uncle! You can lie ooo shocked

3 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by bigfrancis21: 12:49am On Nov 09, 2014
GolfingDiva:
That's partially untrue. But I only agree with you based on previous VO's comment for past denial on particular applicant.

You think US will just throw open its borders to strangers without carrying out investigation on them? It turns out that they are even 2 steps ahead of that.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by bigfrancis21: 1:05am On Nov 09, 2014
factbox:
Well! My own US embassy experience was quite funny, it was in year 2001. I wanted to travel with my big bro, my visa was denied and my birth certificate seized because they concluded I wasn't going to return if I go. I tried 4 more tyms within 2 yrs making all 5 times all together. Since then I just fashi them and I tried Canada visa once and it was granted. My mistake then now dawned on me that I was too anxious and fidgeting like my whole world depend on it. But anyways I have been in and out of Canada and I realized no big deal about these western countries but if u have never travelled before it can be a serious aspiration though. My little advice ! Pls do not attempt to travel to d US or any other developed countries if u do not have anybody to help u with initial accomodation and stuff. If not nah one chance be dat.
@bold...that's so true. If you've never travelled out before it would seem like a dream of a lifetime to achieve.

And coming here one would need the initial housing, feeding and support by relatives before standing on one's feet.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by lockupman(m): 2:31am On Nov 09, 2014
Please my people in the house. I have an issue and I want you to help me with advice or anything. I have gotten admit from a school in Illinois for my graduate study and I have already gotten assurance of full financial support from my elder sibling and visa before his business had issue. So it's obvious financial support will be difficult but I can't allow my hard earned visa go like that. I'm thinking of going like that with the small $3k he promised to provide and my program is suppose to commence by January for the upcoming spring semester. Ive not travelled out before and I don't have friends or siblings or relative in the US that I can lean on. What should I do? Is the risk of still going to US worth it? What if the school ask me to pay fees before writing exam. I'm really in a fix now I don't know what to do. How do Nigerians with in my kind of situation survive in US? If I can get a PM it would be most welcomed
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:16am On Nov 09, 2014
lockupman:
Please my people in the house. I have an issue and I want you to help me with advice or anything. I have gotten admit from a school in Illinois for my graduate study and I have already gotten assurance of full financial support from my elder sibling and visa before his business had issue. So it's obvious financial support will be difficult but I can't allow my hard earned visa go like that. I'm thinking of going like that with the small $3k he promised to provide and my program is suppose to commence by January for the upcoming spring semester. Ive not travelled out before and I don't have friends or siblings or relative in the US that I can lean on. What should I do? Is the risk of still going to US worth it? What if the school ask me to pay fees before writing exam. I'm really in a fix now I don't know what to do. How do Nigerians with in my kind of situation survive in US? If I can get a PM it would be most welcomed
Each universities usually have rules regarding late payment of fees. some would log you off from the school system hence no access to lectures, library, university WiFi and computers and exams. Some would let you continue your studies and exams but would hold on to your certificate till debts are paid.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by SenatorJames(m): 5:01am On Nov 09, 2014
dotman2460:
I was there a week back around 6:30am. We all waited patiently for the first interview and hoped that if his/her visa was granted the goodluck would rub off on the rest of us....for where?

It was a lady and her interview took place in booth 7. She claimed that she was going to attend a seminar sponsored by a company she distributes for here in Nigeria. After the VO found her not eligible for the visa, he was about handing over her documents when the lady said, "Oga, please hold on to it, my interview can't be over". Then VO repeated that "you are ineligible", while he was saying this, the lady keep on explaining how many clients she has, how much she makes... vo repeated himself, Lady also repeated her self. At that point everyone laughed so hard. The lady left a few seconds later.

My own unusual experience.

Same day as above. While waiting in line outside, I discovered that I was feeling some fresh air around my toes, on both feet. When I looked down, the sole of my shoe was coming off from the front. Horror!!! I've not even entered the Consulate yet. Why me? With each step I took, more of the sole was coming off, got to a point I couldn't lift my feet to walk, I dragged them, I was already in the interviewing area at this point.

I kept on praying for this little incidence not to cause any visa denial. It didn't. After it was approved, I majestically walked out with half of the sole of my shoe gone. When people waiting outside saw me, there laughed, and I thought within myself......"dey laugh me, make you no go face your own interview"
That is the extension of fresh air from Aso rock.

Fresh air in another dimension.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by lockupman(m): 10:07am On Nov 09, 2014
Thank you very much sexywale. I really appreciate. I have tired to reach fellow students from my school but to no avail and I can't ask university officials such question about payment policy. Do you have anybody that has schooled in Illinois area?

saxywale:

Each universities usually have rules regarding late payment of fees. some would log you off from the school system hence no access to lectures, library, university WiFi and computers and exams. Some would let you continue your studies and exams but would hold on to your certificate till debts are paid.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by charzyh2: 2:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
bigfrancis21:

@bold...that's so true. If you've never travelled out before it would seem like a dream of a lifetime to achieve.

And coming here one would need the initial housing, feeding and support by relatives before standing on one's feet.
you have a pm sir
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by hope2007(f): 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
noperson:

Why do pple lie without doing proper research? If you have really ever applied for the US visa, you will know that it is your application confirmation page info that you book the interview with. So what's with the lie that you filled the visa form 20mins before your interview or your mum filled hers the morning of the interview, so how did you book for the interview in the first place

And this goes to those that allow touts at the embassy entrance to cajole you into refilling your forms at the premises before entering the embassy is waste of money and time. The reason your name is on the check-in list is because all previous applications and interviewees for that date has been processed with your application information and list printed. So you refilling your application prior to entering the embassy does not alter or update the previous information you had submitted
Why do you display your ignorance at all places. You are ignorant of facts and you don't want to be enlightened. What do I gain from lying. I just chipped in on what happened when I went for my interview. I wasn't asked to show any document to verify what I filled in my form that morning. 90% of those who were interviewed while I was inside were not asked for any documents. The V/Os only asked questions based on what was in their computers. It's good to go with documents just in case you fall into the group of the remaining 10%.
@noperson pls find out facts before you start throwing accusations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 1:32am On Nov 10, 2014
lockupman:
Thank you very much sexywale. I really appreciate. I have tired to reach fellow students from my school but to no avail and I can't ask university officials such question about payment policy. Do you have anybody that has schooled in Illinois area?

No sir, your questions maybe be best answered on this thread below.

https://www.nairaland.com/1869186/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/148

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

You think US will just throw open its borders to strangers without carrying out investigation on them? It turns out that they are even 2 steps ahead of that.
The US borders are still porous. You're diverting away from the main subject.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by bigfrancis21: 1:50pm On Nov 10, 2014
GolfingDiva:
The US borders are still porous. You're diverting away from the main subject.

Just take this from me or leave it - US doesn't play with who it allows into their country. The US fight against terrorism is very strong and that is one thing they don't joke about - terrorism.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 3:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Just take this from me or leave it - US doesn't play with who it allows into their country. The US fight against terrorism is very strong and that is one thing they don't joke about - terrorism.
Look, the US is not the best country in the world. I know what i'm talking about because i am not living in the darkness and I've been to the United States. They fight against terrorism; yet terrorists still live in the US? cheesy

Please do not take this conversation so far, as i am only concerned with visa interviews and how to be truthful in life.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Vuitton007: 4:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
noperson:

Why do pple lie without doing proper research? If you have really ever applied for the US visa, you will know that it is your application confirmation page info that you book the interview with. So what's with the lie that you filled the visa form 20mins before your interview or your mum filled hers the morning of the interview, so how did you book for the interview in the first place

And this goes to those that allow touts at the embassy entrance to cajole you into refilling your forms at the premises before entering the embassy is waste of money and time. The reason your name is on the check-in list is because all previous applications and interviewees for that date has been processed with your application information and list printed. So you refilling your application prior to entering the embassy does not alter or update the previous information you had submitted

Olodo!!!
To book appointment, all you need is your form number and bank reference, your form could be half way filled and saved, it had a ref number to which you can book appointment with. and in your time befor the appointment, you can finish up filling the form and submit....
Ha!
who says your form must be completely filled before gettin appointment? hian!
you pipu wii kii me sha one day!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by austinebode: 11:12am On Nov 21, 2014
Hi guys.
If someone is refused a US Visa. How soon can he reapplied and does he stand the chance?

Thanks.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by LordReed(m): 12:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
austinebode:
Hi guys.
If someone is refused a US Visa. How soon can he reapplied and does he stand the chance?

Thanks.

You do if you reapply I applied thrice before ai was given a 2 year visa.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 21, 2014
LordReed:

must be because of your British leaning tongue
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by LordReed(m): 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
voltron:

must be because of your British leaning tongue

LoL! I don't know where you got that from.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by austinebode: 10:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
LordReed:

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by austinebode: 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
[quote author=austinebode post=28233764][/quote] did u re-aplyed immediately or you gave them some space?
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by LordReed(m): 11:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
austinebode:
did u re-aplyed immediately or you gave them some space?

I can't remember exactly but I think it was a month I waited.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by VirginBreaker(m): 5:36pm On Nov 23, 2014
lockupman:
Are you in Illinois ??
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by gogochocolate: 8:24pm On Nov 23, 2014
My USA visa interview in 2013 went like this. The woman that interviewed me had denied everybody that came to her booth while I was around visa. I prayed silently to God not to allow her to be the person to interview because I did not like the way she was denying people visa without hearing them out or even denying them visa based on the information they filled on their online visa form. I wanted another Visa Officer (A friendly Guy) at the extreme end to interview me because at least he spent time listening to people before making his decision. However one NURTW chairman kept the man busy for over 20mins claiming he wants to buy used buses from the USA and my worst fears where confirmed when I heard next person from the dreaded woman. I heard no choice but to get up and move to her booth since I was the next person on the queue. She asked me if I had traveled to USA before which I said no. She asked what countries I had traveled to before and I told her UK, how long I have worked and what state I planned to visit and why. She asked what my job was like and I told her. She asked for my itinerary during my visit and I told her I have not drawn up one yet since I was not sure about the visa thing yet. She finally asked if I was married which I affirmed yes. She gave me a red paper and asked me to pick up my visa in two days time and I explained to her that I am not based in Abuja and would only be back in Abuja in about 3 weeks and she said VFS would hold the visa in its custody. She seemed impressed by my frankness. I packaged two of my colleagues (one married and another unmarried) at the office the one that is married got a USA Visa and the unmarried one did not get. We all share the same work profile and earn about the same salary. Just be honest and do your best. Never lie or appear desperate because they have a database where information about you is stored and most embassies share information centrally.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by wildikeman(m): 1:02pm On Dec 19, 2014
holamiday:
What nonsense! I pray throughout my life, i never have to beg someone for the chance to enter another country. I love Nigeria to a fault and i'm not freaked about anywhere else. If i really need to travel somewhere else, for school perhaps, i still wouldn't beg anybody...i'd rather forget about that school.

NIGERIA is the best place to be.
they said funny experience not to come and kpara for here...if u no get waka pass...

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by wildikeman(m): 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2014
johnstar:
ow come u find dis funny

imagine d woman self kneeling down ontop her own moni again

wern dey even do all dis embassy ppl self, nonsense
as in ehh...I wish one day like this even in our suffering Nigerians would say enough is enough and would just bone cooperate and boycott dia embassy...then when their embassy is as scanty as my toilet u go see wetin go happen.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by wildikeman(m): 1:21pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ekeeyhandsome:
Mine wasn't funny cos I was denied for no good reason...I refused to cry cos it wasn't worth it,but I couldn't stop over sweating...I belive every disapointment in life is a lesson...don't ask me what I learnt there,not until u go there ur self and the deny u a visa, then u go wasupp.... grin grin
dis man u are wicked. Fear don dey catch me now...I no go again...(Weeping already)
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by wildikeman(m): 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2014
Uglykunu:
There's this woman on the day of that wanted to go for visiting, the visa officer was like At this moment, we are sorry we cannot offer you visa.. She replied immediately what's so special in your country? I want to go and spend my money and improve the economic situation of your country.. The visa officer has not returned her passport then and she was like I'll grant your visa just for you to see what's special in my country... For all those wey dey lie say dem dey comot for queue go toilet... There's no queue in the interview room... Make una no come here dey blow lie
u dey lie!!! I have heard that story from a different person...so stop it.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by wildikeman(m): 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2014
rallymento:
My experience at the US embassy in Ghana...........
Consular: why do wanna travel?
Me: my pastor said I will be given an American visa.
Consular: your pastor?
Me: Yes
Consular: lemme see your documents
Me: ok,have it.
Consular: where is ur statement of account
Me: I don't have any
Consular: why?
Me: because I serve a living god!
Consular: well mr. Namadi I don't believe in god but come to .......... in Accra to pick up ur visa.
Me: ok, thanks
................na so my people
shocked
rallymento:
My experience at the US embassy in Ghana...........
Consular: why do wanna travel?
Me: my pastor said I will be given an American visa.
Consular: your pastor?
Me: Yes
Consular: lemme see your documents
Me: ok,have it.
Consular: where is ur statement of account
Me: I don't have any
Consular: why?
Me: because I serve a living god!
Consular: well mr. Namadi I don't believe in god but come to .......... in Accra to pick up ur visa.
Me: ok, thanks
................na so my people
u can lie! Na wa ooo
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by wildikeman(m): 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2014
Uglykunu:

Oga am not like you who has never crossed the lines of aba... I'm saying what I saw... So STFU tongue
u dey lie jare...somebody talk say na man u talk say na woman...
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by tluv2(f): 11:05am On Jan 15, 2015
factbox:
Well! My own US embassy experience was quite funny, it was in year 2001. I wanted to travel with my big bro, my visa was denied and my birth certificate seized because they concluded I wasn't going to return if I go. I tried 4 more tyms within 2 yrs making all 5 times all together. Since then I just fashi them and I tried Canada visa once and it was granted. My mistake then now dawned on me that I was too anxious and fidgeting like my whole world depend on it. But anyways I have been in and out of Canada and I realized no big deal about these western countries but if u have never travelled before it can be a serious aspiration though. My little advice ! Pls do not attempt to travel to d US or any other developed countries if u do not have anybody to help u with initial accomodation and stuff. If not nah one chance be dat.

Please how do I apply for a canadian visa....n do u know if birth tourism is legal in Canada?
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by anizi(f): 10:22pm On Nov 28, 2015
Daresh:

Thats a lie! You cannot stop over in Atlanta unless you have a US transit visa. You can only get a transit visa at the embassy. Stop lying

Not particularly a lie, he could have had his connecting flight to canada from Atlanta airport, he does not need to go out of the airport. A visa is need if he wants to go out of the airport into the city

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.