Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos (126806 Views)

Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: / How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by 100Cents: 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
EvilSeeed:
[b]The Funniest one I saw was in Abuja:

One young guy came out the door of the embassy building into the waiting area just outside the building and started jumping and praising God like he just won the lottery.. na so people outside start to para o! They started attacking the guy o! Saying all sorts and calling him name and asking if he was the first to get a Visa.. One very vocal woman and her husband who were dressed in matching ankara outfit just wouldnt stop, they just kept saying things like; Na Visa to Heaven?!, Its not a big deal, see how he is embarassing Nigerians, this is why the would keep rejecting us as if America is heaven, blah blah..

Then comes their turn.. The Cousular guy just asks them 'Why are you applying for this Visa', they gave an answer and he just straight up denies them.. OMO!! See as the woman burst cry inside the embassy o!! grin She started crying, begging, telling the guy that they were well travellled, have been to Ukraine, malysia, etc.. Omo! As the Security guy approached them, she started calling the guy a racist, saying God would punish him, calling him wicked, e.t.c.. grin

Omo!! I scatter laff for inside there wey be say all the Embassy people start to look me like say I dey mad..

even as I reach outside, the woman still dey cry o!! Omo! See the way wey I rush enter taxi loss fast, before that woman go stab me to death. grin[/b]

Were you granted or rejected ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2014
voltron:
my funny (not funny for the applicant though) experience was watching some dude from the east. answering one question.

1: You said you own a farm, what is the value in naira? JAMB question grin grin grin the dude kept going, it is a farm and i make plenty money on it. it is in millions of naira. it is bigger than this embassy sef. grin grin in my mind i was like, just give the guy a figure between N10-N15 million

I think the key to getting a US visa most times is your Financial Standing when filling out the application. my interview lasted 3 minutes and the interviewer told me my visa has been approved and to pick it up at this address in VI. I never had the chance to show him my carefully packed documents. strange. i thought it was a prank. i actually thought i had been denied until i got to DHL office to pick it up. my Wife was even heavily pregnant and the questions he asked were

1: have you been out of Nigeria as a family -YES
2: Do you plan to give birth in the US - YES
3: have you made arrangements -NO i plan to if i get the visa but I have made calls

scanned our finger prints and that was it.

You got the visa because you told the TRUTH....and I guess the guy appreciated that.

14 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by hazyfm: 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
Mine was when the guy next to me told the consular that he was a musician and introduced himself as Bracket, and he was invited to perform in the US

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
What nonsense! I pray throughout my life, i never have to beg someone for the chance to enter another country. I love Nigeria to a fault and i'm not freaked about anywhere else. If i really need to travel somewhere else, for school perhaps, i still wouldn't beg anybody...i'd rather forget about that school.

NIGERIA is the best place to be.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
Dont really know how americans do theirs,because i schooled in france.

3 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by dammilotun(m): 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2014
ionsman:
I was at the south african embassy last week.When asked my reason for travelling,I told them the truth.Am going there to sample all those big southie babes as.s I see on tv..... cool
Hilarious

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by timpaker(m): 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2014
[b]Mine was last year September,
I was to attend a graduation party of a friend in New York. I applied for Visa through my the Abuja Office and when they called me for an interview, I wasn't feeling too well but went all the same. I stood for about 3 hours with empty stomach on a queue so long like cars during fuel scarcity.
A girl (a buttee) whom I was chatting saw the way I was leaning on the wall took pity/interest in me asked me what the matter was, and I told her I wasn't feeling too well and was hungry also. She told me to secure her line while she went to get me food but before she got back, my interview was over and my visa approved. I stood outside waiting for her while about 7 people had gone in and when she came back I told the people that she was on the queue before and that she just went to get me food - pointing to the food pack on my hand... for where, dem no gree.
She told me to eat my food that she'll handle it well. I started eating the rice and fish while chipping in points in their argument.
Long story short... She got angry and called someone from State House/VILLA and within 5 mins her name was called, she entered and didn't spend up to 5mins and her visa was approved. She came out booing the people on queue and decided to walk me to the car while I enquired why she didn't pull her connect from the beginning and allowing us stand that long. She smiled and said "At times you need to avoid showing off" (I don't know what she meant by that. She demanded we exchange contacts... Just when I stretched my hand to collect her phone.........I puked on her and those people on the queue just started laughing at us.
I just use shame enter my car zoom off.... grin
[/b]

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by EvilSeeed: 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
100Cents:

Were you granted or rejected ?

I went for renewal of sorts so over confidence been dey worry me.. grin
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Boss13: 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
voltron:
my funny (not funny for the applicant though) experience was watching some dude from the east. answering one question.

1: You said you own a farm, what is the value in naira? JAMB question grin grin grin the dude kept going, it is a farm and i make plenty money on it. it is in millions of naira. it is bigger than this embassy sef. grin grin in my mind i was like, just give the guy a figure between N10-N15 million

I think the key to getting a US visa most times is your Financial Standing when filling out the application. my interview lasted 3 minutes and the interviewer told me my visa has been approved and to pick it up at this address in VI. I never had the chance to show him my carefully packed documents. strange. i thought it was a prank. i actually thought i had been denied until i got to DHL office to pick it up. my Wife was even heavily pregnant and the questions he asked were

3: have you made arrangements -NO i plan to if i get the visa but I have made calls

Very honest answers. If you have answered question 2 as negative, you would have been denied.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by johnstar(m): 4:22pm On Nov 05, 2014
ow come u find dis funny

imagine d woman self kneeling down ontop her own moni again

wern dey even do all dis embassy ppl self, nonsense
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by maxtum(m): 4:22pm On Nov 05, 2014
timpaker:
[b]Mine was last year September,
I was to attend a graduation party of a friend in New York. I applied for Visa through my the Abuja Office and when they called me for an interview, I wasn't feeling too well but went all the same. I stood for about 3 hours with empty stomach on a queue so long like cars during fuel scarcity.
A girl (a buttee) whom I was chatting saw the way I was leaning on the wall took pity/interest in me asked me what the matter was, and I told her I wasn't feeling too well and was hungry also. She told me to secure her line while she went to get me food but before she got back, my interview was over and my visa approved. I stood outside waiting for her while about 7 people had gone in and when she came back I told the people that she was on the queue before and that she just went to get me food - pointing to the food pack on my hand... for where, dem no gree.
She told me to eat my food that she'll handle it well. I started eating the rice and fish while chipping in points in their argument.
Long story short... She got angry and called someone from State House/VILLA and within 5 mins her name was called, she entered and didn't spend up to 5mins and her visa was approved. She came out booing the people on queue and decided to walk me to the car while I enquired why she didn't pull her connect from the beginning and allowing us stand that long. She smiled and said "At times you need to avoid showing off" (I don't know what she meant by that. She demanded we exchange contacts... Just when I stretched my hand to collect her phone.........I puked on her and those people on the queue just started laughing at us.
I just use shame enter my car zoom off.... grin
[/b]

Hmmm.......Tales by moon light! grin

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Boss13: 4:22pm On Nov 05, 2014
EvilSeeed:
[b]The Funniest one I saw was in Abuja:

One young guy came out the door of the embassy building into the waiting area just outside the building and started jumping and praising God like he just won the lottery.. na so people outside start to para o! They started attacking the guy o! Saying all sorts and calling him name and asking if he was the first to get a Visa.. One very vocal woman and her husband who were dressed in matching ankara outfit just wouldnt stop, they just kept saying things like; Na Visa to Heaven?!, Its not a big deal, see how he is embarassing Nigerians, this is why the would keep rejecting us as if America is heaven, blah blah..

Then comes their turn.. The Cousular guy just asks them 'Why are you applying for this Visa', they gave an answer and he just straight up denies them.. OMO!! See as the woman burst cry inside the embassy o!! grin She started crying, begging, telling the guy that they were well travellled, have been to Ukraine, malysia, etc.. Omo! As the Security guy approached them, she started calling the guy a racist, saying God would punish him, calling him wicked, e.t.c.. grin

Omo!! I scatter laff for inside there wey be say all the Embassy people start to look me like say I dey mad..

even as I reach outside, the woman still dey cry o!! Omo! See the way wey I rush enter taxi loss fast, before that woman go stab me to death. grin[/b]

The funniest so far

6 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by ElijahFobs: 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
I was denied january 17 dis year...I was not bothered and d nxt tin i did was to apply for canada visa n it was granted...so i made my trip to ontario via Delta airline n had stop over in atlanta in US..so my dream of goin to america was achieved... dem denied me buf I stil enta deir land witout dem visa.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Ishilove: 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:
I was there a week back around 6:30am. We all waited patiently for the first interview and hoped that if his/her visa was granted the goodluck would rub off on the rest of us....for where?

It was a lady and her interview took place in booth 7. She claimed that she was going to attend a seminar sponsored by a company she distributes for here in Nigeria. After the VO found her not eligible for the visa, he was about handing over her documents when the lady said, "Oga, please hold on to it, my interview can't be over". Then VO repeated that "you are ineligible", while he was saying this, the lady keep on explaining how many clients she has, how much she makes... vo repeated himself, Lady also repeated her self. At that point everyone laughed so hard. The lady left a few seconds later.

My own unusual experience.

Same day as above. While waiting in line outside, I discovered that I was feeling some fresh air around my toes, on both feet. When I looked down, the sole of my shoe was coming off from the front. Horror!!! I've not even entered the Consulate yet. Why me? With each step I took, more of the sole was coming off, got to a point I couldn't lift my feet to walk, I dragged them, I was already in the interviewing area at this point.

I kept on praying for this little incidence not to cause any visa denial. It didn't. After it was approved, I majestically walked out with half of the sole of my shoe gone. When people waiting outside saw me, there laughed, and I thought within myself......"dey laugh me, make you no go face your own interview"
Kai, guy, see your big leg. Your shoe big like canoe grin

What size is this? Size 50? grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by IYANGBALI: 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
henrychubayo:
Please guys share the experience please. Unfortunately for me, I have not applied before for US visa, and I got none to share. OP please did u get the visa, share ur interview transcript.
who dash monkey?dem no give am as na tatafo him go do for the embassy and oyinbo no like amebo for their country
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Bitojoe(m): 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:
I was there a week back around 6:30am. We all waited patiently for the first interview and hoped that if his/her visa was granted the goodluck would rub off on the rest of us....for where?

It was a lady and her interview took place in booth 7. She claimed that she was going to attend a seminar sponsored by a company she distributes for here in Nigeria. After the VO found her not eligible for the visa, he was about handing over her documents when the lady said, "Oga, please hold on to it, my interview can't be over". Then VO repeated that "you are ineligible", while he was saying this, the lady keep on explaining how many clients she has, how much she makes... vo repeated himself, Lady also repeated her self. At that point everyone laughed so hard. The lady left a few seconds later.

My own unusual experience.

Same day as above. While waiting in line outside, I discovered that I was feeling some fresh air around my toes, on both feet. When I looked down, the sole of my shoe was coming off from the front. Horror!!! I've not even entered the Consulate yet. Why me? With each step I took, more of the sole was coming off, got to a point I couldn't lift my feet to walk, I dragged them, I was already in the interviewing area at this point.

I kept on praying for this little incidence not to cause any visa denial. It didn't. After it was approved, I majestically walked out with half of the sole of my shoe gone. When people waiting outside saw me, there laughed, and I thought within myself......"dey laugh me, make you no go face your own interview"

bro, nawa o.this your shoe be like fish wey wan swallow somethingcheesy

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Ishilove: 4:28pm On Nov 05, 2014
sukkot:
i dont go to us embassy. they beg me to come to their country. the us consular comes crawling on his knees begging me to give me us citizenship wink
shocked

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by sukkot: 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
Ishilove:

shocked
its true grin cheesy
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by dotman2460: 4:30pm On Nov 05, 2014
haha.. I only manage size 46.

Ishilove:

Kai, guy, see your big leg. Your shoe big like canoe grin

What size is this? Size 50? grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Greatpooss(m): 4:31pm On Nov 05, 2014
My experience was @ US Embassy, Abuja. I could remember while at the point of interview, just because a person was denied visa, all other applicants were busy running to the toilets in order to join other queue for interview by other interviewers. I couldn't withold tears running down my cheeks when I was denied visa @ the front of the embassy 3times in 2011.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
...... shocked
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Ishilove: 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2014
voltron:

My guyyyyyyy. Dangote cousin wink grin

I just dey hail o tongue grin cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 05, 2014
kakiya:
I WAS THERE 2 DAYS BACK. THE COUNCILLOR DENIED ME VISA AFTER ANSWERING ÀLL HER QUESTIONS. SHE LOOKED AT MY BANK STATEMENT AND DO SOME FUNNY THINGS LOOKING AT THE WALL AND SAID I'M NOT ELIGIBLE. I FELT LIKE CRYING BUT ALL THE SAME I LEFT.
sorry dear. Try again...who knows you might get lucky.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
holamiday:
What nonsense! I pray throughout my life, i never have to beg someone for the chance to enter another country. I love Nigeria to a fault and i'm not freaked about anywhere else. If i really need to travel somewhere else, for school perhaps, i still wouldn't beg anybody...i'd rather forget about that school.

Do people beg for visas? No one says it is a must you travel and I do like your originality.

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
I find it hilarious when you see grown men/women crying because they were denied visa! This thread is too damn funny! grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Ishilove: 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:
haha.. I only manage size 46.

Tah! Size 46 ke?? My brother wears size 47 but his shoes are no where near as large as this your Noah's Ark you call shoes. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2014

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Skywalker5(m): 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2014
really enjoying the stories here grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by TS2(m): 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2014
holamiday:

Kai...dem don deny this guy visa taya.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2014
ElijahFobs:
I was denied january 17 dis year...I was not bothered and d nxt tin i did was to apply for canada visa n it was granted...so i made my trip to ontario via Delta airline n had stop over in atlanta in US..so my dream of goin to america was achieved... dem denied me buf I stil enta deir land witout dem visa.

Did you get a transit visa or how do you pass through the point of entry at Atlanta?

18 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 05, 2014
sukkot:
i dont go to us embassy. they beg me to come to their country. the us consular comes crawling on his knees begging me to give me us citizenship wink

Chaiiiiiiiiiiii shocked.

3 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by kcjazz(m): 4:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
Back in 2005, After answering questions from the VO and presenting relevant documents. He asked me if I will come back after my university degree (student visa).

Me: Yes I will, I love my country
VO: Yeah right, thats what you all say, I know you won't come back but I will give you your visa anyway...
Even meself I burst laugh

I am proud, I kept to my words though.

41 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.