Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos (126788 Views)

Italian Embassy Lagos Is The Most Corrupt Embassy In The World / The Canadian Embassy Lagos- Study Permit: / How To Book Appointment At South African Embassy,lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Ekeeyhandsome(m): 4:44pm On Nov 05, 2014
Mine wasn't funny cos I was denied for no good reason...I refused to cry cos it wasn't worth it,but I couldn't stop over sweating...I belive every disapointment in life is a lesson...don't ask me what I learnt there,not until u go there ur self and the deny u a visa, then u go wasupp.... grin grin

9 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Ishilove: 4:45pm On Nov 05, 2014
sukkot:
its true grin cheesy
Obadiah, these your lies tie wrapper, come wear socks and canvas join cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Jerryolumide(m): 4:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:
I was there a week back around 6:30am. We all waited patiently for the first interview and hoped that if his/her visa was granted the goodluck would rub off on the rest of us....for where?

It was a lady and her interview took place in booth 7. She claimed that she was going to attend a seminar sponsored by a company she distributes for here in Nigeria. After the VO found her not eligible for the visa, he was about handing over her documents when the lady said, "Oga, please hold on to it, my interview can't be over". Then VO repeated that "you are ineligible", while he was saying this, the lady keep on explaining how many clients she has, how much she makes... vo repeated himself, Lady also repeated her self. At that point everyone laughed so hard. The lady left a few seconds later.

My own unusual experience.

Same day as above. While waiting in line outside, I discovered that I was feeling some fresh air around my toes, on both feet. When I looked down, the sole of my shoe was coming off from the front. Horror!!! I've not even entered the Consulate yet. Why me? With each step I took, more of the sole was coming off, got to a point I couldn't lift my feet to walk, I dragged them, I was already in the interviewing area at this point.

I kept on praying for this little incidence not to cause any visa denial. It didn't. After it was approved, I majestically walked out with half of the sole of my shoe gone. When people waiting outside saw me, there laughed, and I thought within myself......"dey laugh me, make you no go face your own interview"
hahahahahahaha u keep the shoe since or na recently e happen?

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
Pishure or Idon'tblivit..........
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2014
I don't actually find these stories funny. Except this one:
EvilSeeed:
One young guy came out the door of the embassy building into the waiting area just outside the building and started jumping and praising God like he just won the lottery.. na so people outside start to para o! They started attacking the guy o! Saying all sorts and calling him name and asking if he was the first to get a Visa.. One very vocal woman and her husband who were dressed in matching ankara outfit just wouldnt stop, they just kept saying things like; Na Visa to Heaven?!, Its not a big deal, see how he is embarassing Nigerians, this is why the would keep rejecting us as if America is heaven, blah blah..

Then comes their turn.. The Cousular guy just asks them 'Why are you applying for this Visa', they gave an answer and he just straight up denies them.. OMO!! See as the woman burst cry inside the embassy o!! grin She started crying, begging, telling the guy that they were well travellled, have been to Ukraine, malysia, etc.. Omo! As the Security guy approached them, she started calling the guy a racist, saying God would punish him, calling him wicked, e.t.c.. grin

But other than that, I don't see people’s misfortunes or people reduced to tears as something to laugh at.

6 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by dotman2460: 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
47!! Now, that is what I call the Ark of Covenant.
Maybe the zoom in those pictures made them look like Noah's Ark.

Ishilove:

Tah! Size 46 ke?? My brother wears size 47 but his shoes are no where near as large as this your Noah's Ark you call shoes. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by eduxerxes: 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:
I was there a week back around 6:30am. We all waited patiently for the first interview and hoped that if his/her visa was granted the goodluck would rub off on the rest of us....for where?

It was a lady and her interview took place in booth 7. She claimed that she was going to attend a seminar sponsored by a company she distributes for here in Nigeria. After the VO found her not eligible for the visa, he was about handing over her documents when the lady said, "Oga, please hold on to it, my interview can't be over". Then VO repeated that "you are ineligible", while he was saying this, the lady keep on explaining how many clients she has, how much she makes... vo repeated himself, Lady also repeated her self. At that point everyone laughed so hard. The lady left a few seconds later.

Same day as above. While waiting in line outside, I discovered that I was feeling some fresh air around my toes, on both feet. When I looked down, the sole of my shoe was coming off from the front. Horror!!! I've not even entered the Consulate yet. Why me? With each step I took, more of the sole was coming off, got to a point I couldn't lift my feet to walk, I dragged them, I was already in the interviewing area at this point.

I kept on praying for this little incidence not to cause any visa denial. It didn't. After it was approved, I majestically walked out with half of the sole of my shoe gone. When people waiting outside saw me, there laughed, and I thought within myself......"dey laugh me, make you no go face your own interview"
lol, Bros eh! Ur shoe fit swallow my landlord

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by stonecoldcafe: 4:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
dammilotun:
I tapped myself to wake myself up from the dream...the consular asked how many month was she gonna help babysit the child as she claimed...she said 8months...the consular denied her and here she goes kneeling down.please sir for heaven sake,for the sake of this new baby pls give me this visa...I literally busted into an uncontrollable laughter as the security guys showed her the way out.it was such a gorycomical sight.guys share your funny experience at the us embassy

You kidding me. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL chai what a time i had right there grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by bjdon: 4:50pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:

O boy you no try at all. I was reading this in work and laughed so hard all the Oyibo started looking at me like I don craze!!

6 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by dotman2460: 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
Actually, a week ago today. Hahaha. Can't stop laughing here.

Jerryolumide:
hahahahahahaha u keep the shoe since or na recently e happen?
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
TS2:

Kai...dem don deny this guy visa taya.
I've never applied for a visa.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by sukkot: 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
Ishilove:

Obadiah, these your lies tie wrapper, come wear socks and canvas join cheesy
grin grin grin grin
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Tarokboy: 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
timpaker:
[b]Mine was last year September,
I was to attend a graduation party of a friend in New York. I applied for Visa through my the Abuja Office and when they called me for an interview, I wasn't feeling too well but went all the same. I stood for about 3 hours with empty stomach on a queue so long like cars during fuel scarcity.
A girl (a buttee) whom I was chatting saw the way I was leaning on the wall took pity/interest in me asked me what the matter was, and I told her I wasn't feeling too well and was hungry also. She told me to secure her line while she went to get me food but before she got back, my interview was over and my visa approved. I stood outside waiting for her while about 7 people had gone in and when she came back I told the people that she was on the queue before and that she just went to get me food - pointing to the food pack on my hand... for where, dem no gree.
She told me to eat my food that she'll handle it well. I started eating the rice and fish while chipping in points in their argument.
Long story short... She got angry and called someone from State House/VILLA and within 5 mins her name was called, she entered and didn't spend up to 5mins and her visa was approved. She came out booing the people on queue and decided to walk me to the car while I enquired why she didn't pull her connect from the beginning and allowing us stand that long. She smiled and said "At times you need to avoid showing off" (I don't know what she meant by that. She demanded we exchange contacts... Just when I stretched my hand to collect her phone.........I puked on her and those people on the queue just started laughing at us.
I just use shame enter my car zoom off.... grin
[/b]

Story for the gods

14 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by sukkot: 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2014
sandijey:

Chaiiiiiiiiiiii shocked.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Ishilove: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:
47!! Now, that is what I call the Ark of Covenant.
Maybe the zoom in those pictures made them look like Noah's Ark.

Ark of the Covenant were mid-sized stone tablets, while Noah's Ark was a gargantuan edifice, so there, your Noah's Ark takes the cake. cheesy

My guy chill, no be zoom matter. Ya leg big cheesy cheesy

You can row across a river with 'em shoes cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by stonecoldcafe: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:

Chai u guys are killing me here ooooooooooooooooooo! grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
tellwisdom:
Where is u.s embassy located? sad....What type of food do they sell ??
Hamburgers and the like I believe, its full name is American Fried Chicken.
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by GboyegaD(m): 4:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
On my 1st visit to the US embassy, my first funny experience was a woman who was going to visit her son in the US who left Nigeria since 2002 but never returned or visited Nigeria as at 2011. She doesn't speak English so the VO had to call a Yoruba lady to help interpret. The woman said she wanted to visit the US for only 2 weeks to warn the soon that if he doesn't follow her back that when he dies, none of his children will be there to bury him. We all laughed as it was extreme.

There were also 2 guys who were acting oyinbo speaking so many grammar and chose not to seat down even after the security guys came to meet them. At some point they became center of attention with their big big grammar. Unfortunately, when they were denied, their reaction was so funny that we all had to laugh.

Another one was when we were about entering into the embassy and a guy decided to move ahead of me when we were arranged in 5's to go into the interview room. We were interviewed simultaneously and he was denied while I got mine. On our way out, he told me I got his visa and all I could do then was to laugh.

18 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Ishilove: 4:56pm On Nov 05, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Cholls(m): 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
My brother that place na mind game.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by sammieblaize: 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
austinbrown:
marseille
ce que l école a Marseille
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
Ishilove:

My guyyyyyyy. Dangote cousin wink grin
I just dey hail o tongue grin cheesy

hah ahah aa. i no reach dat level ooh, i just dey hold ma side
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Ishilove: 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
voltron:

hah ahah aa. i no reach dat level ooh, i just dey hold ma side
Ma niqqqqa!!! wink grin
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Jerryolumide(m): 5:03pm On Nov 05, 2014
dotman2460:
Actually, a week ago today. Hahaha. Can't stop laughing here.

a week ago? No shoe maker 4 ur area? Any way wish u safe journey sir

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by dammilotun(m): 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
GboyegaD:
On my 1st visit to the US embassy, my first funny experience was a woman who was going to visit her son in the US who left Nigeria since 2002 but never returned or visited Nigeria as at 2011. She doesn't speak English so the VO had to call a Yoruba lady to help interpret. The woman said she wanted to visit the US for only 2 weeks to warn the soon that if he doesn't follow her back that when he dies, none of his children will be there to bury him. We all laughed as it was extreme.

There were also 2 guys who were acting oyinbo speaking so many grammar and chose not to seat down even after the security guys came to meet them. At some point they became center of attention with their big big grammar. Unfortunately, when they were denied, their reaction was so funny that we all had to laugh.

Another one was when we were about entering into the embassy and a guy decided to move ahead of me when we were arranged in 5's to go into the interview room. We were interviewed simultaneously and he was denied while I got mine. On our way out, he told me I got his visa and all I could do then was to laugh.
@warning...That's so funny
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by olempe(m): 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
Mrkuvuki:
The struggle for US Visa
No be small thing o...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by NobleG1(m): 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
tellwisdom:
Where is u.s embassy located? sad....What type of food do they sell ??

Are you going there for food or visa?

2 Likes

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by olempe(m): 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
ibrahym47:
lol@ ori omo tuntun
grin grin grin
Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by Nobody: 5:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
what i see on this thread makes me lol, I would like to visit the embassy one day sha.

1 Like

Re: Funny Experience At The Us Embassy Lagos by dotman2460: 5:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
Not sure if I'll mend the shoe again.

Thanks bro.

Jerryolumide:
a week ago? No shoe maker 4 ur area? Any way wish u safe journey sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

From The Streets Of Warri To Finland: My Story / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.