Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,881 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Short Story - Kai, Oga You Stink! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story - Kai, Oga You Stink! (602 Views)

Happy Birthday Oga Kingphilip / My Oga At The Top Poetry Contest (over N1.5 M naira worth) 24 hrs to go / Oga At The Top Story #thats All (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short Story - Kai, Oga You Stink! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
I was at a conference the other day. It was an elite event with the aim of raising awareness about a certain disease.

There was good food and drinks and the event proceeded as planned. Everyone was in their best mood.
Well.....except me. I had a problem, a huge one.

The guy that sat close to me was stinking! Like, hard core cigarette mixed with garlic ewwish kinda smell.

I was really patient enough to contail such smell for 35minutes. Then I knew I had to do something.
Honestly, I didn't know when I unconciously tapped the man. Then I went....
'Excuse me sir, you don't smell too good. You know yeah?
I'm sorry if you see this as an insult, but I just thought you should know. Incase you need help on how to conquer it, I know some really effective methods.

All the while I was talking, he was staring. Deep into my eyes. He gave me that kinda 'I want to kill you right now, but I know I need help, so I will just chill' look.

I have to say, I was lucky he was a gentleman or else! Ha, you know the rest.

Anyway, I gave him some tips & I believe he used them because after 6months, he still calls to say 'thank You'.

My advice to that man was purely out of Love and understanding. Understanding, because I've been there.

Yesss, I have suffered from body odour. But honestly not because I was dirty. As a matter of fact, I am a neat freak!

I got bored of using dettol, (which is my usual bathing soap) I have been using dettol since I was born. I thought I needed a change, as per I have become of age.
So my sweet neighbor next door prescribed a soap. The soap is most effective when used along with the cream. So I bought the cream too.

The first two weeks was glorious. I mean, I was glowing. I had become fairer. Which I was indifferent about (I love my semi laiskeen body like that).
The subsequent week, was hell. I couldn't perceive my clothes after a long day, I had to take my bath 3-4 times because I was sweating profusely. I stayed away from people as much I could.
All the while, I still bathed and creamed with my new duo. I had no idea they were the problem.

After 5weeks with the disease (Isn't body odour a disease?). I decided to see a doctor. He asked me all sorts of questions, told me to dispose of my new soap & cream and 'twerk' back to dettol.

Just incase you are suffering from body odour, below are my few tips on how to conquer and avoid body odour :

* Bathe with warm water 2-3 times daily.

* Wear fresh clothes.

* Use antibacterial soaps.

* Avoid bleaching creams. If you can't, make sure you use original products.

*Drink lots of water and maintain a balanced diet.

* Shave your armpits regularly. Clean with antiperspirant or diluted lemon juice once a day.

* Avoid using cologne to mask body odour. It worsens smell.

* Reduce intake of spicy foods that contain garlic or curry. Also avoid red meat as much as you can.

* Quit smoking and chewing tobacco.

Have a smell-free day! cheesy.

visit www.nigerianschoolgirl.

1 Like

Re: Short Story - Kai, Oga You Stink! by lenmafon: 12:11am On Nov 06, 2014
@doublequeen, thanks for ur message u ve done noble. cleAr and simple

(1) (Reply)

Some Hilarious Questions You Can't Answer. / Where To Download Novels Free Online / 30 Idioms About Common Shapes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.