Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,733 members, 7,806,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. (4115 Views)

A Comparison Between Christian Doctrine And Mormon Doctrine / Difference Between Christian And Muslim Fast / The Truth About Christian - Muslim Marriages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by experts: 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2008
what is the differnce between christian & muslim.

i am directing this question to the christian but muslims too can rspond.

when a christian person wants to preach to, after too much discussion, the conclusion will be accept jesus to be ur lord and ur savior.

as for a muslim, every muslim have already accept jesus as we are thought in the holy qur'an what what else do u need.

but if a muslim will preach to a christian, its more than jesus issue.

he or she will tell u to testify that there is nothin worth worshipping than Allah and prophet mohamed is his messenger.

u as a christian, do u believe (there is nothin worth worshipping than Allah and prophet mohamed is his messenger.
) no. who have something to believe now?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by mazaje(m): 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2008
there is no difference between the two. . . they are both for control and domination of the human race like any other religion. . . mohammed stole his idea from the christains and the jews. the christains also stole from their ideas jews,roman, greeks and ancient egyptians. . . . there is no god but allah and mohammed is his prophet. . . . .allahuak bar. . . . . lol grin grin grin. . . . .men created all the gods in their own image and according to their own traditions and beliefs. . . . . .
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by experts: 5:38pm On Nov 20, 2008
wat u said is not so.

u can go and more search
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Lady2(f): 5:56pm On Nov 20, 2008
there is no difference between the two. . . they are both for control and domination of the human race like any other religion. . . mohammed stole his idea from the christains and the jews. the christains also stole from their ideas jews,roman, greeks and ancient egyptians. . . . there is no god but allah and mohammed is his prophet. . . . .allahuak bar. . . . . lol . . . . .men created all the gods in their own image and according to their own traditions and beliefs.

I have to disagree with you ons ome issues but there is one that I agree with although not in the sense that you take it.
Christianity is not for control and domination, unfortunately some people use it to their advantage, but the Lord is their judge. The Christians didn't steal from Jews, infact it is a continuation of Jews, hence the New Jerusalem, New Israel. Everything in the Old Testament was leading up to this pivotal point in history where humanity will be redeemed and a new creation will be. The pivotal point is with Jesus, and now the way things were supposed to be from the beginning can be, we just have to make the choice to make it so. That's why things seem so upside down in the New Testament from the Old Testament. What was up ended up being down, and what was doing ended up being up. Jesus put things in the order they were supposed to be.

As for the men created God in their own image, this is true in a sense. The problem, and I only speak on Christianity, is that we have an idea of what we think God is supposed to be. So the other qualities in God that we think he shouldn't have we toss it out and pay no attention to it. That's why you have so many denominations in Christianity. People have an idea of the God they want and when they hear something that doesn't fall in line with that idea they leave and go found another church. Instead of letting themselves be in God's image, they are 'creating' God in their image.

So you're right in a sense but terribly wrong in others.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Bastage: 5:57pm On Nov 20, 2008
The difference is that Islam is a tribalistic religion originally intended for a few desert dwelling nomads.
Christianity was aimed more at the urbanites and is therefore way more cosmopolitan.
Islam is based on the worst aspects of Judaism.
Christianity is very loosely based on Judaism.

So "experts", you can "go and more search". Whilst you're doing it I suggest you don't just hang around Islamic or Christian brain-washing websites. Try to get the real picture. Visit sites which deal with history, geography, sociology, psychology and politics as well as some that can look at religion with a non-biased viewpoint. When you can do that, maybe you'll be able to see the differences and similarities for yourself.

Something tells me you're already too far gone though.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Lady2(f): 6:15pm On Nov 20, 2008

when a christian person wants to preach to, after too much discussion, the conclusion will be accept jesus to be ur lord and ur savior.

as for a muslim, every muslim have already accept jesus as we are thought in the holy qur'an what what else do u need.

he or she will tell u to testify that there is nothin worth worshipping than Allah and prophet mohamed is his messenger.

u as a christian, do u believe (there is nothin worth worshipping than Allah and prophet mohamed is his messenger.

This is quite untrue, and I take it that you're a muslim. But just so you know, I really don't care to start any squabble, so I'm going to put that out there.

Islam does not believe in Jesus in the same way as Christianity does. In Islam Jesus is nothing but a mere prophet, even though he is without sin and has a virgin birth, he is regarded as second to Muhammad. It doesn't add up if you ask me.
In Christianity, Christ is the messiah, and not just for the Jews but for all people. It has always been prophecied to be that way, the prophecy may have been misinterpreted by the Jews, but that didn't change the actual message of the prophecies.
The messiah that is to come will be LORD over all the earth, he is to be a PRIEST, A PROPHET, and A KING. He is a king in that he has his own kingdom and as he said his kingdom is not of this earth. In that he means heaven, only those who know him and his message are his people in his kingdom. That is why a Christian's battle is not with the physical but with the Spiritual. He is a Prophet in that he prophecied of the things that will come, for example the persecution of his Church, it is still evident today, and not just in the physical where people are being killed for being Christians, but in the spiritual too. The belief of Christians are being attacked everyday. He also prophecied of the destruction of the Jewish temple, well in 70 AD it was destroyed.
He is a priest in that he will make a sacrifice. He sacrificed his life for the salvation of all, he sacrificed his life for the cleansing of sins. No longer was a lamb needed to make a sacrifice at the altar as was done by the Jews, the ultimate and last sacrifice has been made. He also left this sacrifice for us to continue to partake in when he instituted the eucharist (Holy Communion, you can look it up) he gave us his body and blood in the form of bread and wine for us, to sustain us in this battle with the devil and principalities.

He is the eternal Word of God, therefore making him God. He is the law that was spoken through the prophets made flesh. He is God. The only one that cannot sin and is without sin is God, then it only makes sense that Jesus is God if he is without sin and cannot sin.

So you see simply saying that I believe in Jesus does not mean you have a relation with Christians. If your belief in Jesus is that he is not God, that he is not the messiah of all people, that he was not crucified (which he really was crucified and is historically true and noted by non-christian sources), that he did not rise from the dead, and that muhammad is the last of the prophet, then you are very different from Christians.

Christianity is very loosely based on Judaism.

Christianity is highly based on Judaism, it only sets things in the right perspective. If it isn't then Chrisitanity can't be. Christianity is the fulfillment of the Jewish prophecies. If anythig Islam is the one that is loosely based on Judaism.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2008
experts:

The difference is - what do you "accept" Jesus as? God or a mere prophet?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Bastage: 6:26pm On Nov 20, 2008
Christianity is highly based on Judaism, it only sets things in the right perspective. If it isn't then Chrisitanity can't be. Christianity is the fulfillment of the Jewish prophecies. If anythig Islam is the one that is loosely based on Judaism.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - Judaism's only purpose was to sell Christianity. Other than that, it has no relevence. Christianity is not a fulfillment of Jewish prophesy. The prophecies were merely used to give it justification and authority over it's new market.
Islam is most certainly not "loosely based". The characteristics of Allah and Yaweh are almost identical - tribal mountain storm gods - and the laws are corresponding and almost identical. Close your eyes and swap the Jewish god for the Arab one and it's hard to tell which is which.

Amazing how fundamentalist Christians claim kinship and cohabitation with the Judaic god when it's completely at odds with the New Testament deity.
But why take my word for it? Why not study properly and not just swallow everything thrown at you like a brainwashed drone?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Lady2(f): 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2008
I've said it before and I'll say it again - Judaism's only purpose was to sell Christianity. Other than that, it has no relevence. Christianity is not a fulfillment of Jewish prophesy. The prophecies were merely used to give it justification and authority over it's new market.
Islam is most certainly not "loosely based". The characteristics of Allah and Yaweh are almost identical - tribal mountain storm gods - and the laws are corresponding and almost identical. Close your eyes and swap the Jewish god for the Arab one and it's hard to tell which is which.

Amazing how fundamentalist Christians claim kinship and cohabitation with the Judaic god when it's completely at odds with the New Testament deity.
But why take my word for it? Why not study properly and not just swallow everything thrown at you like a brainwashed drone?

Who am I to argue with someone who thinks he is wise by his own right?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Bastage: 6:45pm On Nov 20, 2008
Who am I to argue with someone who thinks he is wise by his own right?

I'm not claiming to be wise. All I'm saying is that there is more than one way to look at Christianity. If you just choose one way, then how can you claim any knowledge of the subject? If you study Science do you just look at Biology, ignore Physics and then say "I know everything about Science"?

Your choice.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Lady2(f): 6:54pm On Nov 20, 2008
I'm not claiming to be wise. All I'm saying is that there is more than one way to look at Christianity. If you just choose one way, then how can you claim any knowledge of the subject? If you study Science do you just look at Biology, ignore Physics and then say "I know everything about Science"?

Your choice.

There are different sciences, it is not just biology, physics, and chemistry. Mathematics too is a science, and yes you have the science of Christianity. Science means "Knowing" so you can study anything and have a "science" o r"knowing" of it.
So dear you compared apples and oranges. Christianity is a science in itself. You can study it and get a knowledge of it, even without believing in it. Now Biology and Physics are not the same science. Biology deals with the body while physics deals with the physical forces, external forces, so they are different.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 6:57pm On Nov 20, 2008
Bastage:

Amazing how fundamentalist athiests feel they have the divine authority to teach us about our own way of life . . . yeah the very same one they utterly despise.

Have you "studied properly" instead of swallowing everything ur equally deluded athiest brethren slap at you like a brainwashed drone?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by mazaje(m): 7:02pm On Nov 20, 2008
DavidDylan:

Amazing how fundamentalist athiests feel they have the divine authority to teach us about our own way of life . . . yeah the very same one they utterly despise.

Have you "studied properly" instead of swallowing everything ur equally deluded athiest brethren slap at you like a brainwashed drone?

giving your knowledge of science and biology can you explain to us how jonah survived in the belly of a whale for 3 days? grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2008
mazaje:

giving your knowledge of science and biology can you explain to us how jonah survived in the belly of a whale for 3 days? grin grin grin

Go and ask jonah.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by morpheus24: 7:11pm On Nov 20, 2008
mazaje:

mazaje

You are going to be waiting a long time for that one.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by osisi6(f): 7:16pm On Nov 20, 2008
DavidDylan:

Go and ask jonah.

Or better yet let him ask God.
The denial of God and his miracles is the definition of atheism
need I say more?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by tkb417(m): 7:25pm On Nov 20, 2008
need I say more?

Nope, since science n Biology explains everything, let him/her use his/her science to tell us how he/she has no control over his sleep and the air he breathes
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by morpheus24: 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2008
tkb417:

Nope, since science n Biology explains everything, let him/her use his/her science to tell us how he/she has no control over his sleep and the air he breathes

Huh?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2008
mazaje:

giving your knowledge of science and biology can you explain to us how you can share 99% of your DNA with a Kangaroo and still be so pheotypically different?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by mazaje(m): 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2008
*osisi:

need I say more?

which miracle? killing 40,000 people because they looked into an ark of covenant? or killing babies because their parents worshipped other gods? ohh i forgot it is using the hebrew language to create the heavens and the earth. . . . plants before the sun. . . . (forgetting about basic biology) does the hebrew god know the relationship between plants and the sun? one of his miracles is creating all animals to feed on plants in genesis. . . .
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 7:30pm On Nov 20, 2008
mazaje:

which miracle? killing 40,000 people because they looked into an ark of covenant? or killing babies because their parents worshipped other gods? ohh i forgot it is using the hebrew language to create the heavens and the earth. . . . plants before the sun. . . . (forgetting about basic biology) does the hebrew god know the relationship between plants and the sun? one of his miracles is creating all animals to feed on plants in genesis. . . .

this incredulous fellow is back to droning on the same expired talking points. grin Can his colleagues here at least encourage him to use his brain a bit more?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by mazaje(m): 7:31pm On Nov 20, 2008
DavidDylan:

giving your knowledge of science and biology can you explain to us how you can share 99% of your DNA with a Kangaroo and still be so pheotypically different?

shut up there why are you talking about DNA and phenotype? are there such words in the bible? does the hebrew god know about such things?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2008
mazaje:

shut up there why are you talking about DNA and phenotype? are there such words in the bible? does the hebrew god know about such things?

either u can answer it or you cant. You cant be pushing science as a fool-proof alternative to religion when there are so many gaps.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by mazaje(m): 7:34pm On Nov 20, 2008
mazaje:

look who is talking about brain usage, pls use ur brain and explain to use how the lions  the biblical god created survived on plants. . . .use ur brain to explain to use how jonah survived inside a whale for 3 days. . . .
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by Lady2(f): 7:40pm On Nov 20, 2008
look who is talking about brain usage, please use ur brain and explain to use how the lions the biblical god created survived on plants

Ok this one caught my attention, where do you get it that they survived only on plants?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by morpheus24: 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2008
~Lady~:

Ok this one caught my attention, where do you get it that they survived only on plants?

Isn't that the Nebuchadenezzar/ Turn into lion story?
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2008
morpheus24:

When was he turned into a lion? you must be reading a special history book that is not privy to the rest of us.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 7:57pm On Nov 20, 2008
mazaje:

look who is talking about brain usage, please use ur brain and explain to use how the lions the biblical god created survived on plants. . . .use ur brain to explain to use how jonah survived inside a whale for 3 days. . . .

use your brain to answer my questions too. Always bleating and hyperventilating as if merely disbelieving in God makes you a Mensa candidate.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by morpheus24: 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2008
morpheus24:

I could a sworn I heard that story somewhere. Must hve been My sunday school Teacher when I was young.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by DavidDylan(m): 8:10pm On Nov 20, 2008
morpheus24:

I could a sworn I heard that story somewhere. Must hve been My sunday school Teacher when I was young.

The worst you can do is use google to verify your claims before mentioning them as facts.
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by mazaje(m): 8:17pm On Nov 20, 2008
~Lady~:

genesis 1 vs

God also said: "See, I give you every seed-bearing plant all over the earth and every tree that has seed-bearing fruit on it to be your food;
   and to all the animals of the land, all the birds of the air, and all the living creatures that crawl on the ground, I give all the green plants for food." And so it happened.

In the beginning according to the bible all animals were given green plants to eat as food. . . including lions, tigers, snakes, and hyenas. . . . .
Re: What Is The Differnce Between Christian & Muslim. by mazaje(m): 8:20pm On Nov 20, 2008
morpheus24:

No its david turn into eagle story lol. . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Celebrating Royal Ambassadors Of Nigeria Week / If God Is Good, Why Is Nigeria So Bad? / The Sound Word About Women Wearing Trousers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.