Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

Islam And Poverty:way Forward - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam And Poverty:way Forward (1096 Views)

Islam And Obedience To Leaders / How Zakat Can Reduce Poverty and Starvation / Baby Naming In Islam And The Modern Society. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islam And Poverty:way Forward by baba11(m): 9:56pm On Nov 04, 2014
This topic came to my mind today when I looked around and I saw that because of our environment, we Muslims do things we are not supposed to do naturally due to the circumstances we found ourselves.

Cased study 1: I work in a bank and I know it isn't proper to do that...

Cased study 2:I knew a muslim family some years' ago,because of the hardship they went through,the wife with two children served as cleaners sweeping beer parlour at wee hour everday which is very close to my house Now,the kids who were like 5 and 8 years' respectively with their elder sister have turned into a full time workers I.e bar tenders( My fear is that they should not go into prostitution at soonest).
NB:These were the people that used hijab initially.....
Re: Islam And Poverty:way Forward by baba11(m): 10:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
There was a scenerio whereby a brother got a job in an alcoholic coy but rejected it outrightly but he's still jobless.

Many stories abound but let me stop here.

My point is:What can we really do in a situation s whereby we can't follow Quran,hadiths etc 100% but we must survive one way or the others.....

Should we follow crowd?

OR

Lower our status so low to the point of being looked on as if we came 'from other planets'LOLZ...
Re: Islam And Poverty:way Forward by baba11(m): 10:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
Your respective comment is appreciated

Keep it coming.....
Re: Islam And Poverty:way Forward by coolbis: 12:25am On Nov 05, 2014
Am sory to say, buh honestly we muslims dont usually help ourselves, d followin are my reasons of saying dis; 1) d rich ones dont giv out zakat and even if they do dey share it amongst lots of ppl and each person ends up getting very little mayb 5000N wich is wrong, dats sadaqa. If zakat is been given accordingly, it will go a long way. 2) this affects notherners most because some are lazy, a family man wil prefer to follow a rich man abt like a boy instead of workin. I hav seen a whole able and strong family begging,'haba! 4 Allah's sake'. Taking education as a basic need no matter how poor u are will help too. Lastly self dependence.
Re: Islam And Poverty:way Forward by baba11(m): 7:51am On Nov 05, 2014
coolbis:
Am sory to say, buh honestly we muslims dont usually help ourselves, d followin are my reasons of saying dis; 1) d rich ones dont giv out zakat and even if they do dey share it amongst lots of ppl and each person ends up getting very little mayb 5000N wich is wrong, dats sadaqa. If zakat is been given accordingly, it will go a long way. 2) this affects notherners most because some are lazy, a family man wil prefer to follow a rich man abt like a boy instead of workin. I hav seen a whole able and strong family begging,'haba! 4 Allah's sake'. Taking education as a basic need no matter how poor u are will help too. Lastly self dependence.

thanks for your contributions habibat

1)What have you done to address this issue of zakat.Have you meet them personally to guide them aright propably must of them don't know how to go about it.Besides,do we have strong institutions on ground to do this... what about the integrity of our imams.
Imagine a situation whereby 'jaka';was giving to imam and immediately after Ramadan what did we seeImam's wife selling foodstuff!!!
If you were the one, could you trust such person again

2)Well,I don't support laziness by any form but in situations whereby we subservient to someone else because of monetary values,we have to stop it.
This particular case rampant in the northern side of Nigeria
As you rightly stated education is greatly needed to forestall all these.
There are many opportunities that abound if you are truly educated.
Also,we too we need to do our own part in our environmental and societal affairs and it begins with YOU!!!!
Re: Islam And Poverty:way Forward by coolbis: 8:09am On Nov 05, 2014
baba11:

thanks for your contributions habibat

1)What have you done to address this issue of zakat.Have you meet them personally to guide them aright propably must of them don't know how to go about it.Besides,do we have strong institutions on ground to do this... what about the integrity of our imams.
Imagine a situation whereby 'jaka';was giving to imam and immediately after Ramadan what did we seeImam's wife selling foodstuff!!!
If you were the one, could you trust such person again

2)Well,I don't support laziness by any form but in situations whereby we subservient to someone else because of monetary values,we have to stop it.
This particular case rampant in the northern side of Nigeria
As you rightly stated education is greatly needed to forestall all these.
There are many opportunities that abound if you are truly educated.
Also,we too we need to do our own part in our environmental and societal affairs and it begins with YOU!!!!
Re: Islam And Poverty:way Forward by coolbis: 8:22am On Nov 05, 2014
Well there is little i can do about zakat as a marrie woman. Most of these rich men know the truth but wont follow that path b cos of show off,or fear of poverty. Though things are a bit better here from wat i hav seen in Lagos. Secondly, in d aspect of education, i joined a mass literacy group in Gombe when i was serving, and i tried to sponsor some children arrnd dat dont go to school, but d parents weren't coperative at all. One minute they agree d next minute they change there mind, only d christians totally complied. So u c?
Re: Islam And Poverty:way Forward by baba11(m): 11:29am On Nov 05, 2014
coolbis:
Well there is little i can do about zakat as a marrie woman. Most of these rich men know the truth but wont follow that path b cos of show off,or fear of poverty. Though things are a bit better here from wat i hav seen in Lagos. Secondly, in d aspect of education, i joined a mass literacy group in Gombe when i was serving, and i tried to sponsor some children arrnd dat dont go to school, but d parents weren't coperative at all. One minute they agree d next minute they change there mind, only d christians totally complied. So u c?
hmmmmm
Re: Islam And Poverty:way Forward by maclatunji: 3:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
@Baba11, the solution is proper administration of zakat amongst Muslims.

It is actually something I believe I should work towards in future. Right now, I also face some of the challenges you are identifying but InshaAllah, with some spare time and convenience, it is something I want to tackle in a systematic manner with other Muslims.
Re: Islam And Poverty:way Forward by baba11(m): 4:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
^^@MAC:May Allah makes it possible to achieve your lifeline ambitions.It pains me alot when i see many ills pertaining to muslims going on in our society.Can we talk about it only??i doubt because someone that is in dire need of something will hardly listen to you.Alihamdulilah for NASFAT and co if not,thousand of muslims would have 'jump fence'.But to set it right,we need right: education,knowledge then proper orientations and guidance.We need vibrant,knowledgeable,educated and must be current on what's going on in our society as a leader.We don't need the one that will be telling us hidhuda bird here and there without combining it with Nigerian's issues and world's at large.Atleast,we need to wake up from our slumber.Things are fast changing with the speed of light.Also,zakat needs to be administered as it ought to be done.May Allah makes it easy for you more than the way you plan it..amiiiiiiin!!!

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Aid To Syrians / Surah Muhammad and other Chapters / Coping With Pressure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.