Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,481 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Calling On The Moderators - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Calling On The Moderators (662 Views)

Attension ! Attension !! Attension!!! To The Moderators / Calling On Ibadan Dealers! / Mercedes, Audi, Honda & Skodka Calling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calling On The Moderators by symbianDON(m): 10:01pm On Nov 04, 2014
I once more want to draw the attention of the moderators of automobiles section to this distasteful trend were prospective sellers post ads without stating the corresponding prices and often asking intending buyers to call them instead. I daresay that this smacks of arrogance, disrespect and disregard for prospective customers. I really wonder what it takes to state your asking asking or selling price. why everyone interested in your vehicle call you just to ask how much you wish to sell? the funny truth is that in most cases, you actually discourage interest in the car you are marketing. I therefore call on mods to, as a way of discouraging this trend, to henceforth, delete threads advertising vehicles without the prices quoted.
Re: Calling On The Moderators by aoshea18: 11:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
I agree!
Re: Calling On The Moderators by deeonlyme: 3:37am On Nov 05, 2014
To an extent you are right but on the other hand when you look at the outrageous ways people price cars you get angry and you feel you only want to talk to someone that is really interested. Most times from the little experience I have had here, people that actually buy cars don't even leave any comment they call and make the purchase straightaway. For example:

https://www.nairaland.com/1981960/2005-toyota-corolla-sport-sale
Re: Calling On The Moderators by USAutoBuy(m): 6:22am On Nov 05, 2014
symbianDON:
I once more want to draw the attention of the moderators of automobiles section to this distasteful trend were prospective sellers post ads without stating the corresponding prices and often asking intending buyers to call them instead. I daresay that this smacks of arrogance, disrespect and disregard for prospective customers. I really wonder what it takes to state your asking asking or selling price. why everyone interested in your vehicle call you just to ask how much you wish to sell? the funny truth is that in most cases, you actually discourage interest in the car you are marketing. I therefore call on mods to, as a way of discouraging this trend, to henceforth, delete threads advertising vehicles without the prices quoted.

Anything worth having in life will require time or money. Most times both. If you are looking for a car and you see the one you like on NL, its no big deal to call the seller and talk.

Its no different you are driving down the road and you see a car you like for sale. You will stop, get the phone number and call or inquire. Either way, you will invest SOMETHING to get you closer to your goal.

Anybody can advertise a car the best way he/she sees fit, its not the job of the moderator to force them in any way to conform.

While its frustrating for a buyer and its kinda counter productive for the seller as well cos people will like to know if the asking price is worth the car but the fact remains that none of these setback will matter to a TRUE buyer.

Good Hunting

1 Like

Re: Calling On The Moderators by symbianDON(m): 7:15am On Nov 05, 2014
USAutoBuy:

Anything worth having in life will require time or money. Most times both. If you are looking for a car and you see the one you like on NL, its no big deal to call the seller and talk.
Its no different you are driving down the road and you see a car you like for sale. You will stop, get the phone number and call or inquire. Either way, you will invest SOMETHING to get you closer to your goal.
Anybody can advertise a car the best way he/she sees fit, its not the job of the moderator to force them in any way to conform.
While its frustrating for a buyer and its kinda counter productive for the seller as well cos people will like to know if the asking price is worth the car but the fact remains that none of these setback will matter to a TRUE buyer.
Good Hunting
nice points you have raised. however, I still feel there is a need for sellers to leave prices. just consider this scenerio: I come online to search for a 2010 accord for instance. let's say 6 different sellers have advertised without prices.....it's going to be tasking on my part to call all 6 just to get their prices. if the prices are stated,it will help the potential buyer in making up his mind on which of the sellers he wants to call to strike a bargain. also as a seller you must realize that unserious time-wasting folks will come along to ridicule your advert. that is something every seller should learn to be immuned to. even in the open market people price cars and other products ridiculously!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry,2003,800k,08038466116,08094489646 / Honda Accord 2012 Model From Autoworld Of Autoworld Of America $14,500 / Registered Mercedes Benz E320 (4matic) - 2005 @ N1,050,000.00

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.