Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,022 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) (82064 Views)

2015 Top 20 Richest Nigerian Musicians, See Their Net Worth / Old Nigerian Musicians Vs Recent Ones / Rate These Nigerian Musicians From Best To Worst (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 05, 2014
AndyBoomba:
NOTABLES:

By matter of fact, it would be grossly erring to have
put these carefully selected names as part of the
above listed because their contributions in the
industry have been of particular value adding input
to it’s growth. Regardless, for some, it is out
sincere wish that the hands of time could be turned
back to the time when they ruled the streets and
frequency waves with their hits while others, we
pray consistency on their behalf.

1. Chuddy K: The Gaga Crazy crooner who once
defended allegations pertaining to his sexuality
previously had music stints with acapella groups,
one of which included Wande Coal as lead vocalist.
It was this prelude to his debut single released in
2011 that bagged him the award for Best Street Pop
at the 2012 Headies. Chuddy K has maintained
fame with other hits Shampoo, Brazilian Hair,
Rambo and Ima Bom to mention a few.

2. Rayce: Believe it, Rayce has been in the business
of music since 2002. His hit single Roll took a bit of
time to grow on fans before attaining the ‘smash’
status. Roll showed Rayce’s impressive music
intellect, a feat that bagged him a top spot on the
best singles of 2011 list compiled by top Nigerian
bloggers (us included). Since then he’s kept afloat
with Jack Sparrow, Tested Ok, Just Like That,
Igbedu, We Dem Boys and more recently,
Gbunmadun.

3. Weird MC: Ogun-native, Adesola Adesimbo
Idowu aka Weird MC gave Nigerian hip-hop a new
status with her Don Jazzy and JJC-produced single,
Ijoya off her second studio album, After Da Storm.
Sola never backed down on her dreams even when
her parents put forth heavy opposition to her
ambitions in the showbusiness.

4. Kel:Remember the chart-topping single, Waa
Wa Alright? Kelechi Ohia a.k.a Kel was the femcee
behind it. Doing an impressive 16bars on a track
wasn’t the only feat she achieved, the cataclysmic
reception her jam got, earned her a couple
nominations and awards for the year her song was
under review… and to think she only got involved
with rap for want of a hobby.

Source : www.tooxclusive.com/editorial/happened-industry-acts/

#BITG

ok.
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by joshfash(m): 3:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
Popular singer, Azadus, tells JAYNE AUGOYE why he wants to return to the music scene soon Ever wondered what popular singer, Olalekan Fadeyi, popularly known as Azadus, has been up to these past years? You need not worry any longer as the veteran singer who is well known for hit songs, such as ‘Madam’, ‘Sodiyen’ and ‘U is the one’, is planning to return to the music scene in a big way with a new album in 2014. In an exclusive chat with E-Punch, the former member of the Hip hop group, Def O Clan, explains that his perceived silence or absence was due to some challenges he encountered a few years ago. “My career suffered a brief setback after I survived an armed robbery attack in the Festac area of Lagos in 2008. I had two gunshot wounds: one in my wrist and another in my right thigh. Luckily, it didn’t affect my gait. That was the same year I left Kennis Music to do my thing. I was with the records label for about seven years and we still do have a cordial relationship,” he says. Azadus’ attempts at reviving his music career saw him drop an album entitled, ‘Undialed’, in 2010. Not impressed with the marketing strategy, the artiste simply recalled the work from public domain. “Ever since, I have been trying my best to see how well I can do my thing,” he says. But this has yet to truly pay off, as the artiste has had some challenges, most of which are peculiar to the Nigerian entertainment industry. “As you now know, it is not about how good your music is, but how well you can promote it. And we are talking about some good money here. Although you will eventually recoup your money, getting the initial capital is rather tough. “I don’t know how to do 419, or meet any ‘Baba’ somewhere. Right now, I am looking for people who will be interested in doing business with us and not just help us. But, we are searching for people. Something big is coming up and I don’t want to let the cat out of the bag yet,” he teases. Despite the fact that his recent singles, ‘Ile Aye’ featuring Vector and Sound Sultan, and ‘See Trouble’ which also features Sound Sultan and 2face Idibia, are getting rave reviews, the self-styled musician’s musician is not happy about the current situation in the Nigerian music scene. If there is one incident that readily brings tears to his eyes, it is the death of his close friend and colleague, Father U-Turn. Recalling the moments they spent together, he says, “Father U Turn was like a brother to me. In fact, a month before he passed on, we were together and he told me he was just recovering from an illness. “This was after I inquired about his health and the way he looked. “I felt sad when he finally died. This is bad for my country because we do not
appreciate real service. Instead, we appreciate only buying and selling. Although this is an African problem, it is worse in Nigeria. “If Father U-Turn had lived the kind of life he wished for himself, he would not have died the way he did. There is also no reason why an OJB, for instance, should beg for money if the industry was the way it is actually meant to be.” Azadus says he is not prepared to give up music yet, though the industry has since grown in leaps and bounds since he recorded his last hit song. But armed with what he describes as his winning formula, it appears that he has a surprise for music fans. “There is an album in progress. I intend to drop a couple more videos and singles. I regularly stay up to beat and keep tabs and update my music with ongoing trends. For every ‘Kukere’, I try to do my own ‘Kukere’ type of music, ditto for ‘Atlanta’. “Unfortunately, I am yet to see anyone who has the courage to step into my shoes. I still do not know why that space is still very vacant. I think I am in a class of my own and nobody has been able to do my kind of music,” he says, laughing. Azadus thinks the Nigerian music industry is riddled with mediocrity. He says, “Our music industry is such, that when you have money, you sound like you are playing good music. The truth is that a lot of people are complaining. Yet this type of music continues to make waves everywhere. “Since mediocres have taken over the industry, there will be no such thing as good music to sell. Imagine someone repeating the same word over and over again in a song and he calls it music. Another guy plays the same kind of music, the whole world dances and jump into it saying it is content. “Endorsements are a wonderful development in the industry. We have all the money now, but we lack content. We are yet to see the content.” The singer waves away the rumour that he is broke. “This is plain idle talk. I do not understand why some people are saying that I am broke. How can you be broke and still take care of your family without begging anybody for assistance? A broke person is someone who will knock on your door and beg for money,” he says. The artiste, who has kept his marriage away from the prying eyes of the public for eight years, has just one word for his fans. “Be a little bit more patient, the ball will soon start rolling. Because I studied the rudiments of music, my own music will continue to be different from that of other musicians,” he pleads.
www.punchng.com/entertainment/e-punch/most-nigerian-songs-lack-content-azadus/
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by Onyenna(m): 3:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
*****back in their separate villages*****
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by mrramadan(m): 3:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
AndyBoomba:
5. MARVELOUS BENJI

Music label, Kennis Music retains the credit for the
success of Benjamin Ukueja – a Delta State-born
reggae/dance hall crooner and producer otherwise
known as Marvelous Benji. Straight from the ghetto
streets of Ajegunle where he is based, Swo (Brand
New Dance) is the hit single that spurred on local
dance moves like ‘Swo’, ‘Konto’ and ‘Galala’ in the
early millennial era. But when Benjamin thought it
was time to move on up, he burned bridges with
his breakout label company and like the popular
saying goes, the rest is history.

This is one artiste I really like. I still have most of his songs on my phone. I hope he comes back soon.

1 Like

Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by ochallo: 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2014
Not a single person even mentioned Jeremiah Nyang. That handsome hausa boy with the voice of an angel.
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by idu1(m): 3:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
tellwisdom:
Op, you are foolish...i dont know them angry
foolish boi......

2 Likes

Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by horlakunle25(m): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2014
Op wat of black-trybe and artquake? Tho I still hv some of d artist u mentioned song on my fone those guys really rock dat time!
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by sunnydayasaba(m): 3:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
I missed all dis guys u all mentioned, But d guy i missed most ad i still play his old music till date is OBIWON........The guy was really good. Love is flows and lyrics
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by rossyc(f): 3:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
Faze, skyB, styl plus, Nigga raw, Sunny Nneji, Chinwe Ike(Resonance), 2shotz, kemistry, Danny Young.
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by ola4yinka(m): 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
Time...Time...Time... Few years to come this is exactly what you will be asking of Wizkid, Davido, Tiwa and the rest!

1 Like

Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by Aycorrect(f): 3:28pm On Nov 05, 2014
wherz african china
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by fireforfire: 3:28pm On Nov 05, 2014
Nothin lasts foreva
Wizkid n Davido wil one day join dis list

2 Likes

Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by laykhorn(m): 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2014
Gee001:
What about Xproject, African China even Styl Plus? No where to be found.

Hi Gee! Its been a while. How have you been?
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
AndyBoomba:
4. W4

Even you can agree that this Nigerian superstar
kissed the hustlers’ ambition goodbye that very
moment Kontrol dropped. Wale Adepoju is a
native of Osun, Nigeria. Wale rose from doing
background vocals for celebrated artistes to
featuring them in musical collaborations. He stage
performances dote on his talent’s uniqueness and
soulful nature. W4 believes he can influence the
world positively with his brand of music only
through God-spiration thus, he’s not concerned
with rushing or forcing things in life because
eventually, what is meant to be will surely be.
i saw da video of his latest effot,FOREIGN DANCE RECENTLY...video n dance kinda wierd though..
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by Gariki: 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
Any musicians who dont want to go down again should use this site and they will never be forgotten because their fans is the one to keep them going check it out www.instansound.com
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by HAH: 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
Everyone depreciate and in every profession. Whether civil service, business sports or whatever though some have more shelve life than other.

Where is MC Hammer, Kriss Kross, Patra, Shaba Ranks and co they all went back despite worldwide fame.

In sport, where is Rivaldo or. Ronaldinho.

In politics where is Ibrahim Mantu, Odili or Donald Duke

Everyone has his time, the most important thing is what impact have you made to humanity to be always remembered in positive light.

4 Likes

Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by baslone: 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
. . . . plus Soul E baba dey hia . . . .Zabadabadaba, dabada. . . dabada. . . . . grin

1 Like

Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2014
baslone:
. . . . plus Soul E baba dey hia . . . .Zabadabadaba, dabada. . . dabada. . . . . grin

I so love Soul E Baba Ehen!!! cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg_O4VSDQHE

1 Like

Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Nov 05, 2014
Jazz Man Olofin - Shake Something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TbVB1pyqRw
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by Gee001: 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
laykhorn:

Hi Gee! Its been a while. How have you been?
very good, just been watching. How do you do?
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 05, 2014
kunletiwoo:
Azadus - Madam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewLfynRrv_k

Beautiful ladies! I just noticed them now that I'm grown

Gosh! And that soul E baba!! Stop please I don't know why I feel somhow watching these videos again cry
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by laykhorn(m): 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2014
Gee001:
very good, just been watching. How do you do?
I've am doing quite fine here too. Let's take this to PM levels to stop trolling.
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by waveskaaya(m): 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
Well, marvelous benji sells weed as a means of survival.W4 still sings and as a matter of fact he just released a single.konga... lipsrsealed weird mc lipsrsealed sample ekwe lipsrsealed jah bless is still enjoying a massive air play both on radio and television stations.soul E lipsrsealed Ay dot come undecided
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by henryblaze25(m): 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
AndyBoomba:
5. MARVELOUS BENJI

Music label, Kennis Music retains the credit for the
success of Benjamin Ukueja – a Delta State-born
reggae/dance hall crooner and producer otherwise
known as Marvelous Benji. Straight from the ghetto
streets of Ajegunle where he is based, Swo (Brand
New Dance) is the hit single that spurred on local
dance moves like ‘Swo’, ‘Konto’ and ‘Galala’ in the
early millennial era. But when Benjamin thought it
was time to move on up, he burned bridges with
his breakout label company and like the popular
saying goes, the rest is history.

Correct yah sef Marvellous Benjy is from Bayelsa,get ur facts right
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by IamDavidJames(m): 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2014
LISTEN & DOWNLOAD HARRYSONG FT. TOOFAN- BETA PIKIN REMIX http://www.knrepublic.com/2014/11/harry-song-ft-toofan-beta-pikin.html

Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by Lulumide: 4:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
AndyBoomba:
8. KONGA

Konga’s real names are Lawal Olalekan Olumo
born in the city of Lagos. Growing up in the Ebute
Metta area of Lagos, he found his music silverlining
when his 2003 released single, Baby Konga hit a
viral status. Pretty much every young and youthful
Nigerian especially those from the South West
region had it’s witty lyrics sewed into their hearts
and mouth. Konga has worked with a good number
of Nigerian Artistes both home and abroad. He
featured on a notable number of collabos including
X-Project’s Lori Le.
i dnt wnt to believe you copied dis frm LIB and pasted it here.... Y are ppl lyk ds?
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 05, 2014
missdebs:
A konga, B konga, C konga...chai i miss d guy, nt to talk of d greatest r n b group styl plus...wizkid nd d likes shuld beta learn frm dese ones
wizkid is already a goner.

1 Like

Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by VivaLaFrans: 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
Oh no I feel like crying.... What about Paul Play, 2 shot, and the guy that sang ''Baraje Omoge bend your waist o''.
What about style plus, Fazeeeee, oh no no no no, what about ''Soli Baba dey here'', Maliki nko, 9ice, Nigga Raw, Eedris Abdulkareem, Sauce kid...
Do MI and Jesse Jaggz still exist?
Olamide and Phyno don spoil market for people ooo.
Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by IamDavidJames(m): 5:06pm On Nov 05, 2014
LISTEN & DOWNLOAD 'WHO IS YOUR JOHNNY' BY CYCLONE [A REPLY TO YEMI ALADE'S JOHNNY] ON http://www.knrepublic.com/2014/11/whose-your-johnny-yemi-alades-cover-by.html ALSO LISTEN & DOWNLOAD HARRYSONG FT. TOOFAN- BETA PIKIN REMIX ON http://www.knrepublic.com/2014/11/harry-song-ft-toofan-beta-pikin.html AND MANY MORE! VISIT http://www.knrepublic.com

Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by damidos(m): 5:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
Dekunle Fuji is now a registered nurse in the US grin[color=#770077][/color]

1 Like

Re: Where Are These Nigerian Musicians? (Pictures) by Paulv(m): 5:14pm On Nov 05, 2014
I pity 4 dis actist oh.... not like they lov the extinction but they just discovered they ar no more in limlight too bad. That's y guys(actist)nowadays wil neva rest,keep releasing banga,hit upon hit bcus dat d only way u stil keep existin.u see dem singin rubish most time dnt blame dem oo bcus dat's to remain in d game.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don’t Care / Tupac Is Alive- Evidence N Proof / Ladies Flaunt Cleavages At South-African Music Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.