Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

An Open Letter By A Northerner - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Open Letter By A Northerner (3378 Views)

See You In 2019: An Open Letter By A Pained Woman To Buhari - Sahara Reporters / Tunde Bakare Is Also A Northerner. Buhari Has Messed Up. / An Opened Letter By A Young Nigerian To Ibb. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Open Letter By A Northerner by kasiem(m): 2:39am On Nov 05, 2014
An Open Letter to Northerners

The Northerners, you have been chasing a rat while your house is on fire. The North is already on fire,instead of making effort to extinguish the fire but you keep dissipating your energy and voices on accusing the South and Jonathan of igniting the fire for you while the fire is incessantly devouring you and destroying your house.

If it is true that Jonathan and the South are the ones who kindled this fire on your house that means Jonathan and the South are your enemies. Between you and your enemies who do you think should extinguish this fire? Are you expecting them to extinguish the fire for you?
You have to extinguish the fire before pointing an accusing finger to anyone.

The Northern leaders have to put the North in order but they failed thereby continue apportioning the blame on Jonathan. I am not protecting Jonathan here but the truth must be told. The Boko Haram exist since the Obasanjo's era and it keep growing through the Yar'adua's and it continues growing today. The Northern leaders including the traditional rulers are the most selfish people I know. All what they care is their family and immediate relatives. The traditional rulers,ranging from the Sultan of Sokoto to Ward Head (Mai anguwa), are usually apportioning traditional titles to criminal politicians and richers with the expectation of contracts, employment opportunities and favours to their close ones. If the employment opportunity comes, they always give it to their close ones. They don't care about the youth in the region. They always hope that their children will be educated and rule the region forever.

These three category of persons are the ones responsible for the Northern predicament. They are:the politicians of the region,the traditional rulers and religious preachers who answer the name "scholars".

Firstly, politicians are the ones that should provide a good leadership which is characterized by justice,equality and selflessness, but they are the ones currently misuse their powers through "I must get power wether righteously or mischievously". Instead of providing education and employment to the youth, they continue using the youth as thugs. They send their children abroad to bag degrees so as to gain lucrative jobs and continue leading the region forever. Have you ever seen a politician's son without a job?

Next is our traditional ruling class, they are useless,cowardly and wealth accumulators. Despite the fact that Northerners are crying that there is no job in this country, have you ever seen a traditional ruler's son without a job?
They have no "common man interest" in their hearts. All what they have in their hearts are pride,vanity and excessive use of powers. All what they can do is to give a useless "title" to a person (perhaps a criminal) if they see he is becoming rich so that he will be financing them occasionally.

The third is the religious preachers, they don't have respect for the common unity of Northerners. They are only expert in dividing people along religious sects and lines. They are also good in interfering in political matters. They usually preach to people "vote Mr. M and don't vote Mr. C". Their family also study abroad and afterwards gain a lucrative job in government because they gather votes for government and always claim to represent common men. Have you ever seen a Sheikh's son without a job?
They use religion as a profession of earning income and favours. They get food and fame through promoting rancour and bitterness.

These three groups of persons are the ones who should collectively extinguish the current fire of Boko-haram in the north but they throw the blame on other people. Yesterday, they said it is a Muhammed Yusuf, today they say it is a CAN and Jonathan then tomorrow they will say it is America and Israel.
While the Northern common men continue respecting and believing them.

To the Northern common men, you have no time for politics or pointing accusing fingers, you have to chase this group of people out before Boko-haram chase out, you have to deal with them before Boko-haram deal with you and finally you have to kill them before Boko-haram kill you. These group of people, Northern politicians,traditional rulers and religious preachers, are the problems of the North and will continue to be a problem to the North.

Signed:
Comrade Muhammed Ishaq,
President Conscious Youth of Nigeria (CYN).

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Kenzico(m): 3:08am On Nov 05, 2014
9ce article! I agree wit u

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by kadas01(m): 6:20am On Nov 05, 2014
Well said! They should start by "eradicating" that "almajiri" system up north!

If that is done, then their problem is automatically "half solved"!!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Osode: 6:22am On Nov 05, 2014
God deliberately makes sure, that in every part of this World, there will always remain a few People to speak Truth.

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Omexonomy: 6:55am On Nov 05, 2014
The peptual slaves of awusa/fulani gworow rotten teeth will soon come and point fingers at jonathan and the souther people

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by 9jii(m): 7:21am On Nov 05, 2014
kadas01:

Using word' almajiri' just because, I hear say.
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Rich4god(m): 7:24am On Nov 05, 2014
If the write is truly a northern muslims, den a troway my salute for him... Jst ystday my friend frm d north was telling me that CAN have succeeded in turning the north into a war zone... I was like, which of d CAN will inflict so much pain on northern muslim via BH... I mean majority of d villages sack by BH are mainly christians dominated villages...

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Rich4god(m): 7:27am On Nov 05, 2014
kadas01:

That system is embedded in their culture and will be difficult to curb... Up in d north, u will see a man who has no source of income getting married to 2-4 wives... Ofcos, he has ntn to worry abt, na jst to born n abandon...

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by eunisam: 7:42am On Nov 05, 2014
Northeners should kill all the haramite by themself or the haramite will kill all the northenes. A worm is a enough for the fools.
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by kadas01(m): 9:14am On Nov 05, 2014
Rich4god:
That system is embedded in their culture and will be difficult to curb... Up in d north, u will see a man who has no source of income getting married to 2-4 wives... Ofcos, he has ntn to worry abt, na jst to born n abandon...
You're right! But its a very "nonsense" system!!

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by kadas01(m): 9:18am On Nov 05, 2014
9jii:

Using word' almajiri' just because, I hear say.
Its NOT "hear say"! I've stayed in the north before, so I know how they operate over there!
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by nigerianvenom(m): 9:19am On Nov 05, 2014
tell them
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by aurenflani: 9:58am On Nov 05, 2014
Omexonomy:
The peptual slaves of awusa/fulani gworow rotten teeth will soon come and point fingers at jonathan and the souther people

Ogogoro and poke eating inyamirin banza is that you?
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by 9jii(m): 10:04am On Nov 05, 2014
kadas01:
Its NOT "hear say"! I've stayed in the north before, so I know how they operate over there!
So why maiduguri not sokoto if you think almajiranci is the caused of all this problème?
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by major466(m): 11:33am On Nov 05, 2014
Now that's the raw truth. Northern leaders are the enemies of the north. They delight in keeping their own people dependent on them through poverty and illiteracy for easy manipulation.
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by ikweremilitant: 12:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
Osode:
God deliberately makes sure, that in every part of this World, there will always remain a few People to speak Truth.
you can say that again my brother.funy enough i knew how the northern masses jubilated an suported this muderas wen dy were kiling stratagicaly during their 2nd coming.they never knew it wil one day back fire on them.it was in my presence boko men guned down 2soldgers and ran into a gathering of locals,when the army pursued for info,they shielded them.but today they re nw crying wolf.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by jojomario(m): 1:04pm On Nov 05, 2014
Lobatan
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Trailblazer1(m): 1:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
On the issue of bokoharam, I don't know what to believe again but rather I choose to remain open minded.

Good point though @op
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by kasiem(m): 7:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
no apc person commenting here?
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Kingslim: 5:28pm On Nov 08, 2014
man God bless you. u'v spoken well
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Nobody: 5:35pm On Nov 08, 2014
Op, God bless you for this apposite piece, the northern leaders have succeeded in turning the north into a battlefield all in the verge of controlling Nigeria.
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by donmalcolm21(m): 6:50pm On Nov 08, 2014
How many people in the Notrth can speak out about all the atrocities. This is the only voice crying out, where are the quota educated ones?
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by kasiem(m): 11:01am On Nov 09, 2014
they've all gone silent
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by poiZon: 12:16pm On Nov 09, 2014
where is the berem, omenka, donphilous, lakpalakpa, madamoringo., ibnsultan, kabiru abi michealsokoto, kwankwasiya, the elitist of nairaland apc stalwarts when u need dem most. abeg alert them make dem yes demdem too to come clarify these bogus issues.

1 Like

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
These letter is as useless as the tissue paper u use
How is it possible and we in the North are killing our own brothers n sister,destroying our own economy
OBj,Yar'adua tackled the insurgency with out mercy. Infant it was Yar'adua who degraded BH capacity but the process stop after his death and BH grew thanks to weak leader @ the Top
Our emirs are ceremonial the have no powers all the can do is advise.
Yes some of our leaders have failed us but we must hold our president responsible for the 1.5m refugees
Thousands of death military and innocent civilians
“Pres Jonathan watched helplessly as Boko Haram moved from Sambisa Forest to take over a large chunk of territory in Adamawa, Borno &Yobe states & proclaim a Caliphate. President Jonathan watched helplessly as Boko Haram abducted almost 300 girls, holding most of them for over 200 days &counting.
His Administration is even mocking & harassing those who are campaigning for
the release of the girls
insurgents, & all that he has demonstrated so far is sheer cluelessness & Incompetence, it is time for him to take responsibility and quit in the national interest, to pave the way for a better leader. never in the history of
any nation has incompetence and cluelessness been exhibited by any leader, as President Jonathan

3 Likes

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by omenka(m): 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2014
Since I have been mentioned, I just decided to take the pain of dropping a comment here.

The op wants us to believe he's not anti north neither is he pro Jonathan, yet when I took a brief look at his posts on his profile, all I saw was a programmed robot who springs into action once JonaTAN/PDP is mentioned in anything negative.

Here is a sneak peek.

On the thread: POWER SUPPLY: Obasanjo Takes A Shot At
Jonathan by kasiem(m): 9:51pm On Nov 04, a poster had this to say:

Horus::

South Africa: 55 million and generate 45,000
megawatts.

Nigeria: 180 million people and generate 4,000
megawatts. shocked

And here was what this op who is "objective" had to say:

tell awusa people to stop over-burdening Nigeria with unnecessary birth when they barely contribute any tax to the economy of the country

Sorry to say, I don't take folks like this seriously.
Have a nice day.

4 Likes

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ibnsultan:
How is it possible and we in the North are killing our own brothers n sister,destroying our own economy
OBj,Yar'adua tackled the insurgency with out mercy. Infant it was Yar'adua who degraded BH capacity but the process stop after his death and BH grew thanks to weak leader @ the Top
Yes some of our leaders have failed us but we must hold our president responsible for the 1.5m refugees
“Pres Jonathan watched helplessly as Boko Haram moved from Sambisa Forest to take over a large chunk of territory in Adamawa, Borno &Yobe states & proclaim a Caliphate. President Jonathan watched helplessly as Boko Haram abducted almost 300 girls, holding most of them for over 200 days &counting.
the release of the girls
insurgents, & all that he has demonstrated so far is sheer cluelessness & Incompetence, it is time for him to take responsibility and quit in the national interest, to pave the way for a better leader. never in the history of
any nation has incompetence and cluelessness been exhibited by any leader, as President Jonathan
omenka:
Since I have been mentioned, I just decided to take the pain of dropping a comment here.
The op wants us to believe he's not anti north neither is he pro Jonathan, yet when I took a brief look at his posts on his profile, all I saw was a programmed robot who springs into action once JonaTAN/PDP is mentioned in anything negative.
Here is a sneak peek.
On the thread: POWER SUPPLY: Obasanjo Takes A Shot At
Jonathan by kasiem(m): 9:51pm On Nov 04, a poster had this to say:
And here was what this op who is "objective" had to say:
Sorry to say, I don't take folks like this seriously.
Have a nice day.

TheSonOfMark:

You're still fueling the speculations. The only comments you make are political (which isn't wrong in itself) but why only about politics? Why haven't you guys commented about family life, gender (inequality), love, life, music, arts or any other nonpartisan issues?

And, no, this isn't a ploy to exempt or 'canonize' folks like Billyonaire and others whose comments are also as stereotypical as yours only he and his ilk take swipes at APC and GMB.

Not fully responding to these questions only confirms our suspicions about you fanatic APC and PDP e-warriors as PAID writers.

And they are like an army - wherever you find one, you'll find the others lurking around. They've become like friends - always commending each other for " insults well-hurled".
They revealed the truth most times and make comments that could make for an interesting read but their stereotypical comments take the shine of it.

Keep proving us right, PAID E-WARRIORS!
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by BlackTechnology: 1:47pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ibnsultan:
the release of the girls

When Ihejirika curtailed BH to sambisa forest did your leaders called his action genocide.? Yes or No

It is Northern Christians I pity most.

As for you Muslim Northerners, BH Islam will hunt you guys in years to come just the way the North Koreans Soviets Iranians etc are weeping silently under their various government .

Keep blaming GEJ whose home town is untouched and will remain so.

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by kasiem(m): 9:27pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ibnsultan:
the release of the girls
i thought u would've concluded by saying shekau is an anambra man

2 Likes

Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by otunbakolawole(m): 9:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hmmmm!
Re: An Open Letter By A Northerner by eaglechild: 4:53am On Nov 10, 2014
Ibnsultan:
the release of the girls
When Ihejirika made gains against Boko Haram your northern leaders who are in support of Boko Haram took him to court.

If the locals want Boko Haram to end it will.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Civilian Jtf Leader Acknowledging Crowd In Maiduguri After Battle Photo / Heavy Joint Military Bombardment Going On In Ikorodu Border Towns / Peter Obi Responds To Multiple Watch Pictures, Says They Are All The Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.