Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales (5440 Views)

Rotimi Amaechi - The Talk Of The Town, See His Dressing To The US / See The Town Where Chad Say Boko Haram Hide. - Real Satellite Picture Inside / PDP New Slogan Rocking The Town Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by luigiajah(m): 6:59am On Nov 05, 2014
MFUM—WHEN a traveller hinted that there was a
community in Niger Delta where traders do not pack
their wares home after the day’s business, but just
cover
them with waterproofs and other materials, it
sounded
too real to be true in this evil era.
So this reporter went to Mfum community in Ogoja
Local Government Area, Cross River State, located at
the
intersection that leads to Abakaliki and Igoli, which
is
30 and 15 kilometres away, respectively, from Ogoja
metropolis, to authenticate the claim.
The strategic position of the community has turned
the
people of Mfom, especially the women, to traders.
The makeshift stalls, where they sell foodstuff like
garri,
rice, plantain, cocoyam, banana, fish and bush
meat
to the thousands of people, who traverse the busy
Abakaliki-Ikom Highway, littered the roadside.
It’s true—Madam Agade
A shop owner, Madam Grace Agade, who confirmed
the
claim to Niger Delta Voice, said: “There is a strong
spirit
that guards the foodstuff and anybody who
attempts
to steal any item is on his own
“This is because the person will see what he or she is
looking for by coming to this community to steal
stuff
items meant for sale just because nobody is
guarding
the items of trade.
“If anyone steals from the market, the spirit that
guards that market will follow such a person to his
house or his destination and instructs him to return
the
item.
“Butif he remains stubborn and keeps the item,
something will happen within three days.
“If he does not die, he will run mad and it is only if
his people come to appease the community that the
he
can be healed of the madness.”
Spirit arrests gari thieves
She said sometime, last year, “some people stole some
basins of gari and when the sprit went after them,
they
had to return the garri and our youths beat them
up.
“They had to perform sacrifices before they were
allowed
to go back to their homes.”
Another lady, Rose Eddy, said she has been selling
food items in the market since the road was
constructed,
several decades ago, adding, “nobody had stolen
my
items except the incident of last year.”
Switching to Pidgin English, she said: “Dem know
our
community say thief no dey survive here and any
person wey steal, na him go take him head carry
am.”

Source: http://..com.es/2014/11/meet-town-where-traders-do-not-pack.html

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:05am On Nov 05, 2014
Pics o jare or nothing dey happen!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by Aizebioje(m): 7:09am On Nov 05, 2014
Heheheheh. Fear sef nor go let person thief for this kind market. Seriously sha, they know what they've used to protect their goods before they leave then there like that. But dem never jam thieves with "higher power" that'll rob them blind and nothing will happen!
Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by Dbryan: 7:13am On Nov 05, 2014
Also in the north,travelin 4rm abj to kano at night u wl see goods litter around wt no security at sight,sumtyms i wonder

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by nkenu(m): 7:14am On Nov 05, 2014
Those are my people. Nice poeple, we trust ourselves so also we trust others. No stealing, no killing , no BH. grin

1 Like

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by rawpadgin(m): 7:15am On Nov 05, 2014
they should ask the spirit to be watching over the entire country na

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by iamodenigbo1(m): 7:22am On Nov 05, 2014
let them display better things then we will know how authentic the charm is,

1 Like

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by lekkie073(m): 7:35am On Nov 05, 2014
this is obtainable in virtually all the northern states....

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by Omexonomy: 7:51am On Nov 05, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
Pics o jare or nothing dey happen!!
i know you will never believe such for dishonesty and thievery are you and your people way of life since time immemorial.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by seanet02: 7:56am On Nov 05, 2014
Oloshi. The descendant of the inventors of kidnapping in Nigeria bragging about honesty.
Wonders shall never end.
Omexonomy:
i know you will never believe such for dishonesty and thievery are you and your people way of life since time immemorial.

5 Likes

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:58am On Nov 05, 2014
Omexonomy:
mumu, listen to other people's testimony..even at the local markets here, some people leave their goods overnight. It's no big deal..

But why dnt they leave bags of money there, cars opened with car keys, leave opened their shops full of provisions, cements depots and so on?

All those goods are so not very valuable.

That's a fact.

Now, back to u insulting my people:

Did u knw that before the advent of u people in the Yorubaland, wares are displayed and the amount for each will be displayed by the numbers of stones puts by it?

Buyers simply buy and leave money and even take their changes. But it all changes when ur people came and stealing was glorified!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by Omexonomy: 7:59am On Nov 05, 2014
Tinubu dishonest ways will enslave you to the awusa/fulani forever.
seanet02:
Oloshi. The descendant of the inventors of kidnapping in Nigeria bragging about honesty.
Wonders shall never end.

4 Likes

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by eunisam: 8:01am On Nov 05, 2014
wow! This is unbeleivable. So na juju market be dat o. I thought people don't steal in that village at but. It is the fear of juju dey make people fear.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by halmeyd(m): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2014
Na wu b d babalawo wey do dat spiritual surveilance camera juju 4 dem? Na diz kind unseen-surveilance cameras we nid 4 9ja oo,,no b doz second-hand surveilanz cameras in lagos nd abj wey guys dey always go steal 4 9te kum go sell am back to doz chinko companies wey supply am to Federal govt!
Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by Omexonomy: 8:04am On Nov 05, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
mumu, listen to other people's testimony..even at the local markets here, some people leave their goods overnight. It's no big deal..

But why dnt they leave bags of money there, cars opened with car keys, leave opened their shops full of provisions, cements depots and so on?

That's a fact.

Did u knw that before the advent of u people in the Yorubaland, wares are displayed and the amount for each will be displayed by the numbers of stones puts by it?

Buyers simply buy and leave money and even take their changes. But it all changes when ur people came and stealing was glorified!
instead of you and senate02 to share my words among ur fellow disloyal thieves you ar here ranting nonsense as it has always been ur wont. You this ologogoro amugbo oshi

1 Like

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by getukudo(m): 8:06am On Nov 05, 2014
Very very true! Even somewhere around odukpani, they leave their goods out like that. Fear suppose grip person to see dat kind tin na, atleast it should scare you to want to steal.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by seanet02: 8:07am On Nov 05, 2014
Mumu
Omexonomy:
Tinubu dishonest ways will enslave you to the awusa/fulani forever.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by Descartes: 8:07am On Nov 05, 2014
It is also obtainable in some Northern states though. But those goods are not always valuable or appealling to the would-be thieves.
Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by brainpower(m): 8:21am On Nov 05, 2014
There are so many communities like that in Nigeria. The fun part of it is that the only reason why they don't steal isn't cos they are all good but cos of the fear of being killed by their traditional gods. Even the so called born again respect these gods and deities when they go to such places. Makes me wonder why they don't use the traditional deities or gods to swear our politicians in.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by Bublanski: 8:44am On Nov 05, 2014
Are you sure it is not boko haram that chased these traders out of town suddenly? Those fa-ggots are thirsty, hungry modaffuckks!
Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by Bublanski: 8:45am On Nov 05, 2014
m
Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by Lordlexyy: 8:48am On Nov 05, 2014
Come to Station market Kaduna, is the same thing. Not just fruits, food stuffs but chikens are left unguarded. I heard this practice was obtainable also in the s/ west until the advent of igbo thieves who changed this practice of trust. I want to believe the end of the civil war was and remains the beginning of the Nigeria's problem of mistrust, tribalism, nepotism, criminality, kidnapping, stealing, 419(frausters) and what a few, all for the love of money, all of which designed, manufactured and injected into the society by the ig*bos to reap and tear Nigeria apart. Ordinary, people in the south south, s.west, north and middle belt are laid back people only interested in hard work to earn honest pay, but the unification of Nigeria post civil war, ushered in desperation and impatience for quick cash which almost destroy the fabric of the nation. Thank God for many wonderful Igbo men and women which i am partly among, who grew up in the north and understand the value of humility, trust and hardwork. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by 100Cents: 8:55am On Nov 05, 2014
Nigerian politicians no dey there ?

1 Like

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by 100Cents: 8:58am On Nov 05, 2014
Lordlexyy:
Come to Station market Kaduna, is the same thing. Not just fruits, food stuffs but chikens are left unguarded. I heard this practice was obtainable also in the s/ west until the advent of igbo thieves who changed this practice of trust. I want to believe the end of the civil war was and remains the beginning of the Nigeria's problem of mistrust, tribalism, nepotism, criminality, kidnapping, stealing, 419(frausters) and what a few, all for the love of money, all of which designed, manufactured and injected into the society by the ig*bos to reap and tear Nigeria apart. Ordinary, people in the south south, s.west, north and middle belt are laid back people only interested in hard work to earn honest pay, but the unification of Nigeria post civil war, ushered in desperation and impatience for quick cash which almost destroy the fabric of the nation. Thank God for many wonderful Igbo men and women which i am partly among, who grew up in the north and understand the value of humility, trust and hardwork. God bless Nigeria.

See mental patient..

Who thinks stealing is peculiar to tribalism..

The only city in Nigeria where you can watch armed robbery live on per second billing is Ibadan in Oyo state. In one day I witnessed two with blood and death involved.

I guess Anini was an Igbo man..

10 Likes

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 05, 2014
Even when Shina Rambo, Godogodo and Oyenusi were operating Yorobass leave their door open and thier bags of money infront of their compound because the trio were only stealing cowdungs and cocoa leaves.

You guys should know those your phooling with liees ooo

SLIDEwaxie:

That's a fact.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 05, 2014
When all the notorious group 1000Boys of Ajegunle were arrested it was discovered that 97% of them were from Oyonistan and Osunistan but where parading as Lagosinans.

100Cents:

See mental patient..

The only city in Nigeria where you can watch armed robbery live on per second billing is Ibadan in Oyo state. In one day I witnessed two with blood and death involved.

7 Likes

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by asha80(m): 9:24am On Nov 05, 2014
100Cents:

See mental patient..

you can imagine what the guy was saying that mistrust,kidnapping,tribalism and stealing all started with igbos...partly igbo indeed..i can see how idoma is partly igbo
Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by Numerouuuno: 9:37am On Nov 05, 2014
wow!!!;
that's amazing,Nigerians fearing deities more than God since 14AD.
Let our political office holders too start swearing with deities and see how naija will develop,they know God is merciful so no one has fear for God again

1 Like

Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by wunderkiind(m): 9:38am On Nov 05, 2014
pics or.... Adonbilivit
Re: Meet The Town Where Traders Do Not Pack There Goods After Sales by moneybag100: 10:18am On Nov 05, 2014
Leave valuable goods there or good amount of money, we go see may be spirit no go jam spirit that day...some thief self be spirit them self.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Katsina Youths Blast Emir Of Kastina, Insist Igbos Must Leave By October 1st / Joke Sanwo-olu Unknowingly Posts Pic Of Her And An Angry Obidient(photo) / In Nigeria We (the Followers) Are More Corrupt Than Our Leaders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.