Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,504 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:45 PM

How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local (7947 Views)

Enugu Billionaire Buries Mother In Hummer SUV Instead Of Casket (photos) / Intruduce Me As A Sister To His Frd Instead Of Wife / Get 50% Off 12.5kg Gas Refill @ Oando Station ( Pay 1.5k Instead Of 3,150 Naira) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by tpia6: 10:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
@ royl

kindly post in normal fonts, thanks.

ara nkan ta nso naa ni yen.
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by RoyalRoy(m): 10:42pm On Nov 08, 2014
tpia6:

it seems at some point I will have to ask mukina to make me a moderator, because it most of you moderators here, instead of doing your duties, prefer to just play popularity contests and abide by your petty grudges while kissing up to whoever you think will dash you some kobo in cash or kind.

I would like the offending posts removed whether you agree with my point of view or not, thanks.

It is also not necessary for you to bring religion into it since I did not mention religion as my reason for starting the thread.

if my religion is a problem for you, feel free to meet me anywhere of your choosing or at my church sop we can iron out this matter to your satisfaction and hopefully not your condemnation.

So I would advise you to put your pettiness aside since all you can do is what mukina allows you to. Do not presume to put on airs as if you pass mukina who is even a woman and still your boss as far as nairaland is concerned?

Like I always say, I do not like cowards who are empowered by the internet.

If you cannot stand outside of here, then you should not be boasting or feeling big inside here.

just my two cents.

like I told the other fellow, I hope its not death that will finally give some of you respite from my matter. Your choices, your lives.

Did you read and comprehend my post at all?

And please where did you learn that we are been paid for whatever we do here?

Let your utterances be based on facts and not on sentiments next time.

Thanks
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by tpia6: 10:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
I did not ask for any long story, nor your biography, thanks.

try to use normal fonts when responding to people.

I have reported the offending posts again, kindly do something about them. You can check the rules attached to the reply button if you need to see which ones were broken.

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by RoyalRoy(m): 10:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
tpia6:
@ royl

kindly post in normal fonts, thanks.

ara nkan ta nso naa ni yen.

Ohh...so omo Yoruba ni e? O ga oooo!!!

My font has nothing to do with you.
Its my personal choice and am entitled to it just as you are entitled to yours.
smiley
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by RoyalRoy(m): 10:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
I will not hesitate to ban you and your different usernames from this section if you continue to make spurious and unsubstantiated allegations against the mods here!!

Be very careful of your utterances please.
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by coogar: 11:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
RoyalRoy:
I will not hesitate to ban you and your different usernames from this section if you continue to make spurious and unsubstantiated allegations against the mods here!!

i am surprised you haven't banned her yet. posters like her should be quarantined so they don't infect the sane posters.
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by tpia6: 6:25am On Nov 10, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Bro, am I your mate?

My request for you to stop using coloured font when responding to me, still stands.

Mind how you talk to me plz. Being a mod does not mean you should address people anyhow.

A request for you to clean up offending posts and nasty pictures spammed by certain of your friends, should not generate this much hostility, bile and bitterness in you.

2 Likes

Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by tpia6: 6:35am On Nov 10, 2014
tpia6:
tips needed plz.

i for one dont believe "local" is impossible to modify, we all have to start from somewhere.

first of all, what does local mean?

I'm focusing on the women because the men can focus on themselves.

Back to topic.
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by tpia5: 11:09pm On Nov 26, 2014
for males

all this "underwear washing" talk is very local o.

in case you're not aware.

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by 12spices(m): 1:36pm On Nov 27, 2014
And tpia made frontpage... God no go hear word today...
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
What is the purpose of this thread?you can be local or international,so who are those that are international?grin ...who you term "local"may be different from what someone else will term "local"do you know that to some people some very popular artistes in nigeria are very local so it depends on the way you define "local"
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
According to this particular thread which I find very interesting... I think Tpia6 is an intelligent Lady... Back to topic please.
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by justi4jesu(f): 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2014
12spices:
And tpia made frontpage... God no go hear word today...

lmao.. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
whats dis? local or international...some of you are just suffering from what i call.."Depression and lack of self esteem"
i be confirm local....ko de kan aye...mtscheeewww...just like the black and white discussion anyway undecided

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
You folks should give her tips instead of attacking her.The babe has humbled herself to ask for tips,don't kick her in the teeth

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by Nobody: 1:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
tpia6:

Bro, am I your mate?

My request for you to stop using coloured font when responding to me, still stands.

Mind how you talk to me plz. Being a mod does not mean you should address people anyhow.

A request for you to clean up offending posts and nasty pictures spammed by certain of your friends, should not generate this much hostility, bile and bitterness in you.

Hahahahahahahaha
E speaki kwe le!!( according to nkoli nwa Nsukka)
E don set!!
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by holatin(m): 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2014
just wasted some kilobyte reading this
*run out of thread*
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by Nobody: 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
royalroy as a mod should not have joined in derailing this thread.
i was enjoying tpia6's explanations until...

do continue pls @ tpia6
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 27, 2014
tpia, how do u explain that being local is opposite of being a lady like your title suggests
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by Nobody: 4:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
coogar:

i am surprised you haven't banned her yet. posters like her should be quarantined so they don't infect the sane posters.

See bad belle grin

are you any different

1 Like

Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by Vivly(f): 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
I like this thread. I don't know why it was removed from frontpage.
Tpia6, please continue. Many people need to be dragged out of local. grin grin
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 27, 2014
coogar:

local is impossible to modify.
once the background is flawed, you cannot really have the complete package. money can only do so little, the overall package would still have rough edges.

razz might become tushed but it will never be posh. the diction alone would tell you he is not posh. the razz mannerisms would still be present & so on and forth.

I totally agree with you.
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by tpia5: 11:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
wakacome:
What is the purpose of this thread?you can be local or international,so who are those that are international?grin ...who you term "local"may be different from what someone else will term "local"do you know that to some people some very popular artistes in nigeria are very local so it depends on the way you define "local"

As I pointed out earlier on the thread, people who are selling local as a brand, would still not respond to you should you act local around them.

The artists you are referring to, interact at a wider level than you do, so its an error on your part to assume you need to go by what you are seeing in the media.

And my point of reference is not "local and international", its "local and lady".

Is it surprising your type will not argue on a "classy runs girl" thread but will wear yourself out senselessly here.
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by tpia5: 12:02am On Nov 28, 2014
ToyozzieTohBad:
whats dis? local or international...some of you are just suffering from what i call.."Depression and lack of self esteem"
i be confirm local....ko de kan aye...mtscheeewww...just like the black and white discussion anyway undecided

The word you're looking for is razz, not local
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by tpia5: 12:02am On Nov 28, 2014
babyosisi:

Hahahahahahahaha
E speaki kwe le!!( according to nkoli nwa Nsukka)
E don set!!

Were
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by tpia5: 12:03am On Nov 28, 2014
Ibadannimowa:
tpia, how do u explain that being local is opposite of being a lady like your title suggests

My initial posts before the thread derailers started their nonsense, explains what I mean.
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by tpia5: 12:04am On Nov 28, 2014
tpia6:
few misconceptions about "local":

1. It is limited to region.

This is not quite true. While being local may indeed seem more pronounced in some areas, people with local mindset can be found anywhere, even in the most "sophisticated" setting. This is what gave rise to the expression "money cant buy class" and its variants.

There are local people who have class, and "sophisticated" people who totally lack it.

2. Local is permanent.

No its not. If you make conscious efforts to improve/modify your worldview and behaviour, you will probably not be considered local so much.
Lack of adaptation skills, or low adaptation skills, also contribute to local behaviour, so if you broaden your mind, it goes a long way in changing the perception you are local.

3. If you are from a local background, you will be local.

well, this is to a large extent, true. However, as pointed out before, when you make a conscious effort to adjust your behaviour and inculcate non local mindset, you can largely overcome whatever limitations were imposed by your background.

4. Local people are always talking (yapping).

maybe.

However, not being talkative doesnt always mean someone is not local.
tpia6:
and yes, this debate has been going on from time immemorial.

for example, pygmalion, trading places, miss congeniality, are all stories which examine this issue.
tpia6:
Misconceptions contd:

5. Everybody who is not a beauty queen or beauty pageant contestant, is local.

Absolutely not true.

You dont have to go through special training in order to shed local behaviour. Its entirely up to you, although admittedly the beauty pageants will give you an edge if you need one.

I'm referring to official offline beauty pageants plz.

So do not be intimidated or discouraged by the photos, glamour and blitz you see in pageant contestants or specialized photos. You can be just as classy and glamorous as they are if you want to (ok, maybe not quite as glamorous as them but at least what you can be in your own little way).

6. Local is "in" these days.

Is it?

7. If you have tried to be "unlocal" and it just seems impossible or you just cant cope, then why bother.

Local is mostly about mindset, not necessarily behaviour or appearance (or behavioural appearance) only. You can try to do as much as you personally are comfortable with, and check to see how it looks in general interaction. That's the yardstick you can measure your attempts by.

If you find you constantly need support from "like minds" (ie other local folk who encourage the local behaviour) in order to make you feel better, then chances are you are still at square one. If however, you get encouraging feedback (check body language) from people who ordinarily would consider you local, then you will find out what is being improved on and what still needs work.
Re: How To Be A Lady Instead Of Being Local by tpia5: 12:06am On Nov 28, 2014
Whoever has issues with anything stated above, make your point in a civil manner without insults or razzness.

And, if I did not mention your name, you have no reason to assume the thread is about you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Women And Perfume / Nigerian Guys Can You Marry A White Woman? / Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.