Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,043 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note (1838 Views)

Where Is The 'naira' Note Printed? In Nigeria or Abroad? / A Sample Of Sanusi New 200 Naira Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2014
Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note
by Channels Television . Nov 3, 2014

Nigeria_100_Naira_Note

President Goodluck Jonathan will unveil the specially designed commemorative 100 Naira banknote by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) on Wednesday, November 5.

A statement on Monday by the CBN’s Director, Corporate Communications Department, Ibarahim Mu’azu, said the commemorative note was part of the apex bank’s contribution to the centenary celebration, which is in line with its mandate of issuing legal tender currency in Nigeria.

“The choice of the 100 Naira denomination is to mark the centenary celebration of Nigeria and is consistent with best global practices for Central Banks around the world during the celebration of national events,” the statement read.

Part of the features of the commemorative banknote is the inscription of the theme of the centenary celebration: “One Nigeria, Great Promise” as a micro-text.

According to the statement, the new note is also designed to incorporate additional security features for digital communication, protection against counterfeiting, tolerance to the tropics and ease of recognition of genuineness.

The Bank further emphasised that the commemorative note was for the purpose of the centenary celebration and would circulate alongside the existing 100 Naira note.

Wednesday’s unveiling ceremony will be preceded by a brief presentation by the CBN Governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele, detailing the aesthetic and security features of the note.

The CBN had in 2010, issued commemorative 50 Naira polymer note to mark Nigeria’s 50th Independence Anniversary celebration.

The 100 Naira note bearing the portrait of Chief Obafemi Awolowo was first issued in December 1999.

http://www.channelstv.com/2014/11/03/nigeria-unveil-commemorative-100-naira-note/
Re: Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note by geeworld1(m): 4:23pm On Nov 05, 2014
it doesnt change the fact dat jonathan wil lose in 2015

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:24pm On Nov 05, 2014
I dey expect am. Oga LogoDwhiz howdy na??
Re: Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note by koolg: 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
waste of time and money when there are better projects to spend on

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note by LogoDWhiz(m): 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2014
TemitopeDaniel:
I dey expect am. Oga LogoDwhiz howdy na??

Lol!

Very soon.
Re: Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note by luvlyoracle(m): 4:55pm On Nov 05, 2014
grin
Re: Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note by MizMyColi(f): 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2014
koolg:
waste of time and money when there are better projects to spend on

Fellow Nigerians:

I have a question.

Is it ever possible to satisfy the typical Nigerian man in this day and time?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note by danchuzzy(m): 7:43pm On Nov 05, 2014
MizMyColi:

Fellow Nigerians:

I have a question.

lol...
a big [size=48pt]NO[/size]
Re: Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note by LogoDWhiz(m): 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
MizMyColi:

Fellow Nigerians:

I have a question.

Lol. Human beings and insatiable desires
Re: Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note by Horus(m): 4:16am On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Nigeria To Unveil Commemorative 100 Naira Note by naijaboiy: 5:14am On Nov 06, 2014
MizMyColi:

Fellow Nigerians:

I have a question.

Don't mind them...they're never satisfied undecided

(1) (Reply)

Pls I Nid Help I Want To Relocate To Makurdi / How To I Buy Product From Ebay And Amazon And Get Them To Nigeria / What Business Venture Can One Start with N300k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.