Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,874 members, 7,806,497 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:24 PM

Tribute To A Late Brother/cousin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tribute To A Late Brother/cousin (54652 Views)

8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service / Shocked! My Cousin Bro Died Of Motor Accident But His Spirit Is Disturbing / Late Dr. Myles Munroe’s Family Issues Statement | Both Children Alive And Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tribute To A Late Brother/cousin by dein77(m): 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2014
This season is bittersweet for me. Just last Sunday, we dedicated our daughter. A day before that Sunday, being Saturday, l lost a very close cousin to the cold claws of death. He died in a marine accident at Bayelsa last Saturday. Former Bayelsa state deputy Governor narrowly escaped.
Below is my tribute to my departed cousin, DENNIS.

Dear brother, your untimely death is a big blow to.us all. I'm yet to come to terms with the brutal fact that you're dead; that you're no more. You have thrown hundreds of us into untold agony, tears, pains and gloom. You have created a vacuum that will take our family years to fill.

Your untimely exit is a challenge very difficult for us to handle. You were diligent, visionary, wise, mature and brotherly. You died in the course of active duty. You died serving your nation. You died in honour.

However, your death was a tormenting one. It's ironical that as an Izon man, your familiar marine environment was the source of your early demise. You were trapped. You couldn't swim to safety. It was too late be for rescue got to you people. I could only imagine what thoughts crossed your mind as you vainly sought a window or door of escape. You drowned.

Oh death, why did you take him now? You should have allowed him get to 70. Maybe 80. I'm bereaved. I'm confused. You were the hope of your aged mother. You were her nostrils. You have created rivers of tears in our family.

Oh death, there's no single home which your evil claws haven't scoured. There's no community where you have not caused tears of sorrow.

Somebody, please console me. I'm in deep.agony. I'm in pains. Who shall bring you back? Who shall play your fatherly and husband roles? Eniye is now fatherless! Your young wife, Salvation, is now a widow. Too painful.

I wish I could turn back the hands of time. I haven't witnessed pains on this pedestal before now!

I will never forget you. May your gentle soul rest in peace.

Your brother!

2 Likes

Re: Tribute To A Late Brother/cousin by derrick333(m): 11:43pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hmm so annoyin but its inevitable, Sowi bro,i commiserate wit u,wish u n ur family d fortitude to bear d lost ,N Rip 2d demise lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Turns His Members Into Sheeps & Goats Inside Church (video) / Check Out This Church Billboard Sighted In Lagos / Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye's Tweet About Facebook Wife & YouTube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.