Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,886 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:42 AM

Best Video Editing Software? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Best Video Editing Software? (5279 Views)

Video Editors Hangout: Discussing The Best Video Editing Software. / Which Editing Software Is Used For Music Video Editing? / Video Editing Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Video Editing Software? by briantext(m): 10:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
Hello guys please I need a simple and cheap video editing software that has great features... I wanna use it to edit videos for my YouTube channel of you know of any, please help.. cry
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by 1one: 10:39pm On Nov 05, 2014
briantext:
Hello guys please I need a simple and cheap video editing software that has great features... I wanna use it to edit videos for my YouTube channel of you know of any, please help.. cry

1.Adobe Premiere pro(CS4/CS5/CS6)(Most recommended)
2. Sony Vegas
3.Final cut pro

Final cut pro/Sony Vegas are more common with Marcintosh/Apple systems

4. Adobe after effects is another good one.. very good I must add.. It's what I use mostly, however if you're not going to be doing any effects based editing then I think you should just go with Adobe premiere pro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Video Editing Software? by briantext(m): 10:42pm On Nov 05, 2014
1one:

2. Sony Vegas
3.Final cut pro

4. Adobe after effects is another good one.. very good I must add.. It's what I use mostly, however if you're not going to be doing any effects based editing then I think you should just go with Adobe premiere pro.
Thanks bro but are they cheap?
Ah just found cyber link power editor online but ah dunno whether it's good do you have any idea about it?
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by prof800(m): 12:10am On Nov 06, 2014
briantext:
ahn...ahn don't cry na. grin

If you are using a PC then you should know it comes with an inbuilt video editing package (Windows Live Movie Maker). It is cool and easy to use and even comes with a direct youtube link to upload your videos.
Plus it is what you want - simple and cheap.

If you are on a MAC then iMovie is ok.
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by 1one: 1:10am On Nov 06, 2014
briantext:

Thanks bro but are they cheap?
Ah just found cyber link power editor online but ah dunno whether it's good do you have any idea about it?

It depends on what you mean by cheap though..

Are you willing to pay or are you talking about being expensive in terms of downloading online.

The Adobe Master Suite I have though I got it for "free" from another editor so I wouldn't be able to tell you how cheap they are in cash but I know you can download them for "free" online

Cyber link editor is ok... But it just gives you the basic features... "Cut" and "Paste" and "Freeze"... Etc..

As the other poster said.. You should have Windows Live Movie Maker on your PC. I think that should do.
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by briantext(m): 1:36am On Nov 06, 2014
prof800:

ahn...ahn don't cry na. grin

If you are using a PC then you should know it comes with an inbuilt video editing package (Windows Live Movie Maker). It is cool and easy to use and even comes with a direct youtube link to upload your videos.
Plus it is what you want - simple and cheap.

If you are on a MAC then iMovie is ok.
My pc didnt come with the movie maker and ah downloaded it,but it wasnt ok for me
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by briantext(m): 6:57pm On Nov 06, 2014
[size=38pt]?[/size]
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by kiki1000(m): 11:02pm On Nov 08, 2014
1one:

1one pls help me, hw can I convert my after effect project(videos) into mp4 or or other format that I can watch
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by 1one: 1:00am On Nov 09, 2014
kiki1000:

1one pls help me, hw can I convert my after effect project(videos) into mp4 or or other format that I can watch

If I get your question correctly...You've finished working on the project?.. then you want to export your work from the time line so you can watch through any media player?...

If that's your question... I'd have liked to hurriedly say it's easy.. but it's not quite... But I'd try my best to break it down for you in stepwise chunks.

-From your Task bar in the upper part of the User interface.. Go to COMPOSITON

-When it opens, you'll see a number of options.. Click on MAKE MOVIE

- After clicking on MAKE MOVIE.. It would open a mini page within the same interface... The mini page would appear towards the bottom - part of the screen.

-Within this mini page, there are several things you would see...

1. Best settings
2. Lossless
3. Log(Errors only)
4. Output To

But you should only be concerned with lossless and Output To

-Now click on Lossless
-When you do, it opens another mini page in the centre of the screen... This page also has a lot of random stuff on it but you would only be interested in the sections with the following headers

1. Format
2. Post - Render Action
3. Channels
4. Depth
5. Color

Now infront of all these headers you're supposed to have a selected setting... Some may come default with your project, while you would have to manually edit the settings attached to some of this headings... The list below is how you should align your settings to... Now this list matches each header I've previously listed above..

1. Format: AVI
2. Post Render Action: None
3. Channels: RGB+Alpha
4. Depth: Millions of colors+
5. Color: Premultiplied(Matted)

After putting all these values/settings then click OK

Now after clicking OK, the mini page closes.. and you go back to that bottom mini page where you came from.... You'd notice that the Lossless link has changed to Custom AVI

-Then go to Number 4 ( Output Module )

-When you click it, it would open another mini page towards the left hand corner of your screen that let's you choose in which part/folder of your system you want the project to be saved/coverted/sent to...so you'd continue back clicking till you get to the desired place you want to save.

When that's done you click Save

After clicking Save the previously opened page closes and you return to the mini bottom page where you've been coming from.

The last thing is to look for a bar within this mini bottom page called Render

When you see it.. Click on it... After which you'd see a yellow loading bar...The duration of the loading is a function of the length /size of your project.

When the loading is done... You'd hear a ping or a sound... That sound means your project has been successfully exported/sent to where you told it to

After this go to where you saved the project to under the header: Output To

Open and watch.

I'm sorry it's long.

This is the best way I could truly explain it for you to get it.

If you're still finding it difficult.

I'm a mention away.

Cheers

P.S: By the way, if the answer I've so detailedly given is not the answer to your question, possibly because I didn't understand the question... Guy.. Honestly... You will buy me Aboniki balm to rub on my fingers.. Because they are seriously hurting right now grin

Anyhow though, I hope it may still be able to help someone out there.

4 Likes

Re: Best Video Editing Software? by kiki1000(m): 6:35am On Nov 09, 2014
1one thank you very much, I really do appreciate, God bless u infact u answered the question d exact way I want, but there I one tini tiny problem, I don't have MAKE A MOVIE in my AE cs6. But I'm still very greatful though. Abeg send me ur number make I send u N200 aboniki balm. Thanks ;

1 Like

Re: Best Video Editing Software? by 1one: 9:14am On Nov 09, 2014
kiki1000:
1one thank you very much, I really do appreciate, God bless u infact u answered the question d exact way I want, but there I one tini tiny problem, I don't have MAKE A MOVIE in my AE cs6. But I'm still very greatful though. Abeg send me ur number make I send u N200 aboniki balm. Thanks ;

You're most welcome grin

I use CS5, and in CS5 there's the "Make Movie" Option.

In CS6 however, to export your project... Go to "Composition".. When it opens look for Add to Render Queue

When you click on Add to Render Queue it would still bring the Mini-buttom page with all those 1-4 headers I talked about in my previous post

From there it's just the same procedure as the steps I gave in my previous post.

By the way.... It seems as if you just started using after effects.. Do you know how to use Premiere pro?... Aftereffects as far as I'm concerned would be easier for you if you've mastered Premiere pro(my personal opinion). Premiere pro is like one of the most widely used composting/editing softwares
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by prof800(m): 9:48am On Nov 09, 2014
kudos to @1one for that detailed reply.

You can type oooo...!

...btw your signature cracks me up! grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by 1one: 10:12am On Nov 09, 2014
prof800:
kudos to @1one for that detailed reply.

You can type oooo...!

...btw your signature cracks me up! grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin

Loool...Thanks a bunch man...Writing is kinda my forte... So that explains why I was so detailed... But honestly it got to a point where I wanted to stop... and give him the normal "go and check Google reply".... But I just felt that type of answer has become way too common.

My signature..... gringrin... Na oga Seun and his cronies na hin do my profile that strong tin angry

1 Like

Re: Best Video Editing Software? by kiki1000(m): 11:16am On Nov 09, 2014
@1one I am most grateful for that detailed information and to answer your question, yes I am new to this effect thing though I have a very big imagination of things that I want to bring to live, the premier pro I have not used it before

1 Like

Re: Best Video Editing Software? by kiki1000(m): 8:21am On Nov 15, 2014
Thanks it worked cheesy
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by boyo123(m): 2:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
1one:

2. Sony Vegas
3.Final cut pro

what about corel video studio. how good is it
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by 1one: 4:05pm On Nov 20, 2014
boyo123:

what about corel video studio. how good is it

To be candid, I don't know anything about corel video studio. The editing softwares I mentioned in my earlier posts are the industry's favorite and 9 out of 10 editiors or motion graphics artists you meet would tell you they use/have used or are planning to use any of the softwares I mentioned. But if you're really keen on knowing about corel video studio, you may find more information online.
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by briantext(m): 1:09pm On Nov 23, 2014
Who can teach me 3d modelling?
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by Jaxx123: 4:12pm On Mar 31, 2021
MAKE TONS OF MONEY FROM VIDEO CREATION BUSINESS USING VIDNAMI APP BY SIMPLY COPY TEXT TO THIS ZOO APP AND PAY NOTHING TO GET THE APP AND NO SINGLE WATERMARK ON IT!

IF YOU NEED FAST YOUTUBE HERE IS THE SOLUTION

IF YOU NEED GOOD AFFILATE SALE YOU NEED THIS APP

IF YOU NEED DOCUMENTARY WITH EASE THIS APP IS FOR FOR YOU

IF YOU NEED TEXT CONVETION TO VIDEO THIS APP IS FOR YOU

That is a fact, one of the things people like most nowadays is watching videos.

A recent forecast released by emarketer, predicts that Social Video ad spending will grow 44% by 2021, reaching a total amount of $14.91 billion.

So, establishing yourself as a video marketing expert reveals to be a significant opportunity to cash in this here-to-stay niche.

By creating video marketing campaigns for businesses and entrepreneurs, you can also take your piece of that pie.

Start video creation company with zero capital
using vidnami without pay them monthly or yearly.

follow the link below and change the history

https://wealthontheroad./2021/03/how-to-use-vidnami-to-make-unlimited.html
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by Ponvirs658: 5:31pm On Jan 23, 2022
There are lots of video editing software are available you can check online. These days people are doing a lot of video editing themselves. Last week I was looking for the same and got this reference https://techtiertips.com/top-windows-video-editor.html and I got useful information. You can see this information and I know it will be helpful to you.
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by rmndud: 3:49pm On May 17, 2022
For social media my advice is use optimised editors. For example https://create.vista.com/colors/color-names/aquamarine/. Quality of video, color correction and filters are optimised sucessfully for youtube. And you save much time on render by using this tool. Can try it, and it's free
Re: Best Video Editing Software? by ahanapearl1990(f): 2:32pm On Oct 30, 2023
Discover the pinnacle of video editing excellence with the best video editor app. From the novice to the seasoned creator, these software gems offer intuitive interfaces, advanced features, and seamless editing experiences.

Elevate your projects with professional-grade tools, ensuring your videos captivate and resonate. Whether it's intricate edits or simple trims, these applications empower your creativity. Embrace the best video editing software to transform your visual storytelling into a masterpiece. 🎥✨

(1) (Reply)

Near-death Experiences Caught On Camera (shockingly Unbelievable) / An amazing Hyper-realistic Biro Drawing Of Morgan Freeman By Oscar Chuks(Photos) / Adobe Photoshop Secrets.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.