Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,819 members, 7,806,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters (71688 Views)

Angry APC Supporters Deface PDP Billboards In Benue In Retaliation Of PDP Attack / Cars Destroyed After PDP And APC Supporters Clashed In Kaduna (Photos) / The Many Lies Of Goodluck Ebele Jonathan And His Gang. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by ameheo(m): 11:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
Like Seriously?? Davido Hired A Guy To
Clean His Sweat? See photo..
http://www.kulzone.tk/2014/11/like-seriously-davido-hired-guy-to.html?m=1
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by emeraldlife: 11:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
samento:
If you call APC a political fraud what do you call PDP.
Political disaster.

God save us from these two fraud-disastrous party.
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by atlwireles: 11:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
lasher1:

The year we are talking about is between 1983 and 1985 which specific Nigerian factory or industry shut down? Am not talking about all those individual importer businesses who imported stuff that we could produce here in Naija. Pls tell me which company cos I have some facts and figures with me.

Also I believe we are better guided with acurate unbiased information sources of these timelines. Thanks

Why don't you just Google and do some of your own research and tell us, by how many percentage points the economy contracted between 1983-1985. Then tell us why. You can post whatever information you find from your accurate unbiased information sources of these timelines.

5 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Ezemust: 11:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
cellors:

Do you think they care about that? Jonathan nah their brother and he cant do no wrong even when the whole country is on fire.
what wrong has he done. with fact please

3 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by ultraGM: 11:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
dozieben2:
The amount of energy Nigerians use to defend their candidates for next year presidential elections, if channelled can solve our power problem in this country...

meanwhile I don't like Buhari just for the record

You are not godly! you mean we should use our sweat to generate Electricity? haba how many Nigerian sweat you wan turn to river, abi even if we urinate all water plus blood that one fit run along Niger course

Let GEJ finish that by 2015 and just relax he cant fix 9ja problem

The record says Buhari is good Buharism

2 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by atlwireles: 11:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
Ultimately, when the Buhari government could not come up with any viable economic programme, it resorted to the politicization of its economic ignorance by selling the notion that the government was a bulwark against the imperialist Bretton Woods institutions. But that can only take you so far, because while fighting the international community and international financial institutions over differences in policies that could have been resolved with a better and more intelligent engagement with all national and international stakeholders, the austerity measures the regime introduced made it quite impossible for the manufacturing sector to procure raw materials in the face of the international capital market being closed against Nigeria. Industries were closing, left, right and centre and capacity utilization was below 18 percent and at every point, the government was seeking scapegoats for its woes in the form of politicians, illegal aliens, smugglers and currency traffickers, etc. But the reality was there for all to see in workers being retrenched in every sector and even in the public sector. I remember at the time how drastically our lives changed as university students as we dramatically witnessed the rise in the prices of fees, feeding, accommodation and procurement of books, even as the lack of these books became the norm. Inflation hit the roof and essential commodities became scarce. The regime’s key economic policy in response to all this was to resort to the medieval counter-trade economic policy. But this became the new corruption point for the regime presided over by the new import licence czar, Mahmud Tukur. Attempts by some bold journalists to report on the corruption in the counter-trade deals were met with unprecedented brutality. They were picked up and threatened with charges of economic sabotage as a warning to their other colleagues.

https://www.nairaland.com/1980406/think-buhari-not-part-1983

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
how I wish this boko guys start their devils work in igboland... it would have been a diff story..

let's wait and see what is going to happen next year if this clueless guy win the election..

I really can't believe some people can still vote for this disgrace man..SMFH
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by DaBullIT(m): 11:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
lasher1:

Am just seeing these facts for the first time are they really true about GMB or cooked up by apc followers? Pls can a pdp loyalist throw in any counter facts on these as per GMB's economic manouver

The info above is from Wikipedia

You would notice wiki criticized and applauded him. No one's perfect but on a scale of performance GMB scoresd 89 back then . He has more experience , he must have noted lots of failures since PDP came to power and he is willing to make those changes. In my opinion he's the Change Nigeria needs

1 Like

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Ezemust: 11:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
coldFLARES1:
I simply cannot get the delusion that makes people like the Op want to engage in e-war all the time. Jonathan is the best abi? A prayer was said for the supporters of GEJ yesterday and of all the raving crowd of GEJ supprters, only one said 'Amen' with conditions.
If you are doing your job, I would excuse you but if you are so paranoid as to be fixated on a sustenance of misrule, ineptitude and corruption, then you need redemption!
did the op mention gej in his write up?

4 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Mogidi: 11:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
babestella:

THIS IS GROSS, GMB IS UNDOUBTEDLY EITHER A DIRECT OR INDIRECT SPONSOR OF TERRORISM. THE IS NOT DOUBT THAT IF THIS 72 YR OLD MAN IS GIVEN A CHANCE, WHAT WE HAVE GOING ON IN IRAQ WILL BE CHILD'S PLAY.

APC presenting this man obviously do not mean well for the future of NIGERIA.

Shariaaaaaa all over NIGERIA ? This is outrageous.

My sister that is our fear about Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by atlwireles: 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
Let's look at 14 years of PDP. The difference is clear.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by DaBullIT(m): 12:06am On Nov 07, 2014
World Cup 2010
In 2010 after the Nigerian football team failed to progress beyond the group stage at FIFA World Cup in South Africa, Jonathan declared a two-year ban on the country's national football team from all international competitions. FIFA, the world football governing body, objected and stated that it would expel Nigeria from world football if the government interfered. Subsequently Jonathan bowed to pressure and lifted the ban.[30]

Removal of fuel subsidy
Main article: Occupy Nigeria
On 13 December 2011, the 2012 fiscal year's budget removed any provisions for the existing fuel subsidy.[31] According to a poll carried out by the Alliance for Credible Elections (ACE- Nigeria), 80% of Nigerians opposed the plan to remove the fuel subsidy.[32]

On 1 January 2012, the Jonathan administration announced the start of a controversial plan to end fuel subsidies.[33] Many prominent Nigerians spoke out against the removal of fuel subsidy by the Jonathan administration. Former Petroleum Minister Professor Tam David-West has spoken out and expressed concern that the planned removal of the fuel subsidy will squeeze the economy, increase inflation, and hurt both businesses and the public.[34]

A former military Head of State and a former Minister for Petroleum & Natural Resources, General Buhari, urged President Jonathan not to remove the fuel subsidy and to tackle corruption.[35]

General Yakubu Gowon, another former military Head of State, warned the government that the country's infrastructure should be revived before fuel subsidy removal steps were taken.[36]

Former military president Gen. Ibrahim Babangida joined millions of Nigerians protesting against the removal of the fuel subsidy by the Jonathan administration, saying that the action is ill-timed.[37]

Following the The Nigeria Labour Congress' warning that the country faces many strikes, the country unions followed up with strikes that were matched with civil protests from 9–13 January 2012. Protesters and groups called for President Jonathan to resign over the removal of fuel subsidies.[38][39] After five days of national protests and strikes, on 16 January, Jonathan announced that the pump price of petroleum would be 97 naira per litre as against the 147 naira the planned government's removal of subsidies would have taken the price to.[40]

1 October 2010 Independence Day bomb
During his South African magistrate court trial on 2 May 2012, MEND's (Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta) former leader Henry Okah came out and insisted that President Jonathan masterminded the 1 October 2010 independence day bomb attacks. He told the court that President Jonathan and his aides organised the attacks in Abuja in a desperate political strategy to demonise political opponents, including the former military President General Ibrahim Babangida, and to win popular sympathy ahead of the 2011 elections.[41]

The Nigerian Presidency has denied the allegations of terrorism leveled against President Jonathan. A media statement was issued on 2 May 2012, acknowledging the accusations from Okah. The statement went on to say that: “The Presidency categorically affirms that these allegations are false in their entirety and without any factual foundation." The Presidency also expressed no interest in commenting further for the time being, but planned to "make a full representation on the matter to the court when the trial opens."[42][43]

Renaming of the University of Lagos
In May 2012, President Jonathan changed the name of the University of Lagos to the Moshood Abiola University in honour of the late MKO Abiola. The action drew attention from critics; among them were pro-Abiola advocates and parties involved with the university.[44][45][46] Some critics cited that the President did not submit an appropriate bill to the legislature for the change; that the University's brand name should not be tampered with. The UNILAG Alumni Association commented that although they do not have prejudice against MKO Abiola, they were concerned "that neither the Governing Council nor the University Senate nor any other stakeholder was consulted before the change was announced."[47] Bola Tinubu congratulated Jonathan for taking action, but urged him to "do it right", adding that "we must be careful not to localise or sectionalise MKO". The President has attempted to regularise the renaming of the school by submitting a bill for an amendment of the University's establishing law to the legislature.

Theft is not corruption
In his speech, the President narrowed the meaning of corruption by officials: ”What many Nigerians refer to as corruption is actually stealing. Stealing is not the same thing as corruption.” [48]

He was supported here by the Chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission), Ekpo Nta, who agreed to this new definition.[49]

Same Sex Marriage Prohibition Act
In January 2014, Jonathan signed into law the Same Sex Marriage Prohibition Act after it was passed by the Senate and House of Representatives. The law prohibits gay relationships, membership and other involvement in gay societies and organizations and gay marriages. Penalties can be up to 14 years in prison for gay marriages and up to 10 years for other violations of the law.[50] Within a short period, the federal police department compiled a list of 168 gay people who would subsequently be jailed. Within days, 38 lesbian and gay people were already jailed, with arrests beginning during Christmas. The anti-LGBT bill stipulates that those who withhold the details of LGBT individuals face prison terms of up to 5 years.[51] His decision and the law itself have been described as controversial
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by nduchucks: 12:26am On Nov 07, 2014
Malam Detolee, the sad truth is that at least 70% of the electorate cannot read well enough to comprehend your epistle. The epistle is also useless to nairalanders because 98% of them have already made up their minds.

My recommendation to you is to use your skills to speak to where the $10.8billion, which Iweala acknowledges that is missing, is located.

1 Like

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by hercules07: 1:21am On Nov 07, 2014
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by abbeylanre007: 1:41am On Nov 07, 2014
According to the BBC, "Buhari's attempts to re-
balance public finances by curbing imports led to
many job losses and the closure of businesses."[15]
These losses were accompanied by a rise in prices
and a decline in living standards.[15] Some may hold
contrary view to this assertion and call it
mischievous though,[16] because Buhari is admired
by many for his uprightness and stand against
corruption. His government is revered for its ability
to keep the country afloat by making progress
through sheer economic ingenuity even when it
rejected IMF loan and refused to adopt IMF
conditionalities to devalue the Naira.[17] His
government is praised for its gain in reducing
inflation by refusing to devalue the nation's
currency, the Nigerian Naira, curbing imports of
needless goods, curtailing oil theft and using
counter trade policy to barter seized illegally
bunkered crude oil for needful goods like
machineries, enabling it to export above its OPEC
quota.[2]
The economic principles and political ideology of the
Buhari military government is called Buharism by
some political and economic writers and speakers.

Source:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammadu_Buhari
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 3:03am On Nov 07, 2014
I have tried I just cannot get there again. I think the news archive section of google news has since been disabled. But I assure you if you could get back archives of the newspaper cited you would find the news story the 5th February 1985 edition of the newspaper.

There seems to be a conspiracy of western news media to delete positive news about Nigeria during the Buhari regime.
kreamstaff:

Can u pls copy the link and paste here so as to direct us. Thanks
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Myself2(m): 3:33am On Nov 07, 2014
Military despot Ayatollah Boko Ibn Buhari aka G[/b]A[b]M[b]B[/b]O on nairaland

[img][/img]

4 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 3:47am On Nov 07, 2014
The rise in GDP was due to the "accident" of rising high oil prices.

I say accident but I sometime wonder whether the US and its sidekick Saudi Arabia did not artificially maintain high oil prices for a number of years to use that as a basis of encouraging corrupt govt like our own to load up with ruinous IMF and World Bank loans, whilst feed off a large chunk of the money that we make from those high oil prices, through our looting politicians and clueless agreements.
atlwireles:
Let's look at 14 years of PDP. The difference is clear.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1842351_20141025mac077_png9897e08ed8e28e02aa1470ea69933c3a
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Imoy(m): 4:44am On Nov 07, 2014
RedArrow:
You guys are arguing front and back...nah date we go chop? How have these data translated to better living condition for the masses? Pls compare standard of living of ordinary Nigerian during GMB regime to that of GEJ. Kindly note that safety and security of the citizen is also important. Corruption index is important.

I hate comments like dis....

Did the OP in any of his comment state that he is campaigning for Gej?

If u can't back the many lies told by Buhari supporters with facts den stay of trying to twist the op's effort in freeing Nigerians from lies.

6 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Descartes: 5:13am On Nov 07, 2014
atlwireles:
Ultimately, when the Buhari government could not come up with any viable economic programme, it resorted to the politicization of its economic ignorance by selling the notion that the government was a bulwark against the imperialist Bretton Woods institutions. But that can only take you so far, because while fighting the international community and international financial institutions over differences in policies that could have been resolved with a better and more intelligent engagement with all national and international stakeholders, the austerity measures the regime introduced made it quite impossible for the manufacturing sector to procure raw materials in the face of the international capital market being closed against Nigeria. Industries were closing, left, right and centre and capacity utilization was below 18 percent and at every point, the government was seeking scapegoats for its woes in the form of politicians, illegal aliens, smugglers and currency traffickers, etc. But the reality was there for all to see in workers being retrenched in every sector and even in the public sector. I remember at the time how drastically our lives changed as university students as we dramatically witnessed the rise in the prices of fees, feeding, accommodation and procurement of books, even as the lack of these books became the norm. Inflation hit the roof and essential commodities became scarce. The regime’s key economic policy in response to all this was to resort to the medieval counter-trade economic policy. But this became the new corruption point for the regime presided over by the new import licence czar, Mahmud Tukur. Attempts by some bold journalists to report on the corruption in the counter-trade deals were met with unprecedented brutality. They were picked up and threatened with charges of economic sabotage as a warning to their other colleagues.

https://www.nairaland.com/1980406/think-buhari-not-part-1983

Archived for reference purposes wink

3 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Trut(m): 6:37am On Nov 07, 2014
Following the thread diligently

1 Like

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by austinvsb1(m): 7:52am On Nov 07, 2014
ZKOSOSO:
What else do you expect from one of el rufai's monikers?
Barca na iska is a lying machine!
You can not point to any clean politian in apc.
Imagine their latest madcow- tambuwal spewing non sense of the govt he is not jus part of but its nos 4 official. Hmmm

Never trust apc!!

so its pdp we should trust huh??!!!
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by EmmyDe25(m): 8:12am On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
@ OP: I would have ignored you but since it is a direct response, I decided to respond to you.
1. You didn't even state that Nigeria wasn't having debt as at when GMB took over. Only claiming that Shagari left reserve. Let me educate you on fiscal policy of government.
- It is VERY possible for a Government to have external reserve and still be indebted. Jonathan's Government is HIGHLY Indebted yet, it still have external reserve.

2. As regards 2
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1839931_gdp_jpeg143ba2047addddc201b155ed46ab5463

http://www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/gdp_per_capita_(ppp).html

3. As Regards 3 and 4 I don't see your argument

Thank you
Dude, i dont know where the hell you're from, but you've got a great fan here.
All i clamour for is change! Change so that the two parties can be equally chastise if things remain the same at the centre. A government can't be at the centre for eon and all we can boast of are some paper achievements. Sadly, some myopic, chauvinistic, ethnocentric and ethnic bigots just wouldnt see this.

3 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Ajascolove(m): 8:32am On Nov 07, 2014
God save this country called Nigeria. saTAN's everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Ezemust: 9:16am On Nov 07, 2014
cellors:

As usual, Insult upon insult!!! Again, I don't get emotional/sentimental like you without any iota of brain in your head.

Please,go to your village, get a cow horn, put red oil, put cowries, chicken feather and by 12 midnight go to the mountain top and curse yourself and your generation till you are wiped out from the surface of the earth. LOL grin

Ochicha like you grin cheesy grin
this cellor of a guy is a very small boy

1 Like

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Ezemust: 9:21am On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
If only they realised that GMB salvaged the economy that was almost in ruins. Inflation rate reduÇed, fiscal discipline and reduction of budgetry deficit plus executive respoÑsibility
oh, u can be this clueless? were r the facts?

3 Likes

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by cellors: 9:24am On Nov 07, 2014
EmmyDe25:

Dude, i dont know where the hell you're from, but you've got a great fan here.
All i clamour for is change! Change so that the two parties can be equally chastise if things remain the same at the centre. A government can't be at the centre for eon and all we can boast of are some paper achievements. Sadly, some myopic, chauvinistic, ethnocentric and ethnic bigots just wouldnt see this.

Barcanista is quite an intelligent chap!
God bless him.
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Nobody: 9:29am On Nov 07, 2014
cellors:

Barcanista is quite an intelligent chap!
God bless him.
Please you may find this interesting and see how the same guy was rumbling... Please Read Page 0 to 5
https://www.nairaland.com/1985177/external-reserve-debt-under-obasanjo
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by Ezemust: 9:33am On Nov 07, 2014
Aksonman:

When u start believing lies from APC and Barcanista, na for that sick bed u go die o.
please don't say such things

1 Like

Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by cellors: 9:33am On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
Please you may find this interesting and see how the same guy was rumbling... Please Read Page 0 to 5
https://www.nairaland.com/1985177/external-reserve-debt-under-obasanjo

I am on it .
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by 9jagobetta: 9:41am On Nov 07, 2014
Now, datolee and barcanista i will simply conclude on the obvious, the two possible candidates of APC & PDP are corrupt and not the kind of leaders Nigeria need now, at least from the records. pls let all the intelligent nairalanders put heads together and start picking better people from our society and Nigeria as a whole irrespective of their tribe, language, religion, and geopolitical zone etc so we talk about their integrities and credibility in comparison to one another so we rate them and suggest the best, perhaps any of the leading political party can see this and and nominate him/her, you never can tell some of the political powers are also here, thank you all.

This idea is little, but its positive and at least an idea.
Re: The Many Lies Of Buhari And APC Supporters by sangresan(m): 9:50am On Nov 07, 2014
PastorKun:

@OP
I must commend you on this very detailed rebuttal of all the lies buhari's propaganda team have been feeding us on his supposed achievements in the past. However you would be doing this country a great disservice if you limit this rebuttal to nairaland alone. I would like to passionately appeal to you to compile this your rebuttal into a single article and edit it for publication in all our national dailies so that all Nigerians can benefit from it.

The younger generation are being sold a very dangerous lie and being presented with buhari as some sort of messaiah and these lies must be stopped. Those of us that know better know that buhari would at best send this country back thirty years if not back to the stone ages.
......You are hanging on his words?....Dont be surprised to see him disgraced if he comes to the public with all these half-truths....Many of us Buharists just wont want to descend into the bedlam on this thread....

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

APC Secretaries Visit Orji Uzor Kalu In Prison (Photos) / Ex-ministers Who Didn’t Make President Buhari’s Cut / #Endsars: Burna Boy Promotes Petition To Sanction Fg In UK (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.