Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,943 members, 7,803,091 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World (4098 Views)

Marrying The Right Person Or Marrying For The Right Reasons? / 5 Myths About Sex You Should Stop Believing / Marrying For Comfort (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Agrika: 8:26am On Nov 06, 2014
I don't believe in that word "love"...you know as in terms of "loving" someone who is not related to you by blood....i feel they are a lot of other important ingredients like Tolerance, patience, mutual respect, loyalty, being content with what you have, TRUST,etc which should be in a relationship other than the so called overated love....so many sad stories on family section, with one of the partners claiming she (it's mostly a she)still loves the man despite what he did to her....my advice to ladies out there...most especially the unmarried ones is to drop this notion of a fairy-tale marriage...where u live happily ever after with a handsome Denzel Washington-look-alike Prince Charming with 16 packs undecided,...try to be realistic and practical in life. Nobody knows u better than yourself...you know wat u want, knows what qualities u desire in a partner, and most especially should know when to have the courage to say No to a relationship that lacks these ingredients mentioned

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Nobody: 8:28am On Nov 06, 2014
Agrika:
I don't believe in that word "love"...you know as in terms of "loving" someone who is not related to you by blood....i feel they are a lot of other important ingredients like Tolerance, patience, mutual respect, loyalty, being content with what you have, TRUST,etc which should be in a relationship other than the so called overated love....so many sad stories on family section, with one of the partners claiming she (it's mostly a she) claiming she still loves the man despite what he did to her....my advice to ladies out there...most especially the unmarried ones is to drop this notion of a fairy-tale wedding,...try to be realistic and practical in life. Nobody knows u better than yourself...you know wat u want, knows what qualities u desire in a partner, and most especially should know when to have the courage to say No to a relationship that lacks these ingredients mentioned
good .... Thnks for sheddn light on this...
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by pickabeau1: 8:28am On Nov 06, 2014
Agrika:
I don't believe in that word "love"...you know as in terms of "loving" someone who is not related to you by blood....i feel they are a lot of other important ingredients like Tolerance, patience, mutual respect, loyalty, being content with what you have, TRUST,etc which should be in a relationship other than the so called overated love....so many sad stories on family section, with one of the partners claiming she (it's mostly a she) claiming she still loves the man despite what he did to her....my advice to ladies out there...most especially the unmarried ones is to drop this notion of a fairy-tale wedding,...try to be realistic and practical in life. Nobody knows u better than yourself...you know wat u want, knows what qualities u desire in a partner, and most especially should know when to have the courage to say No to a relationship that lacks these ingredients mentioned

fairy tale wedding or marriage?
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Agrika: 8:32am On Nov 06, 2014
pickabeau1:

Meant marriage
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by pickabeau1: 8:32am On Nov 06, 2014
Agrika:

Meant marriage
k
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 06, 2014
pickabeau1:

fairy tale wedding...no marriage.....that one na living in bondage,part 5

1 Like

Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 06, 2014
If you dont love someone u can never be patient, loyal to him nor will u tolerate or trust him undecided so i don't understand what the purpose of this thread is

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by EfemenaXY: 8:37am On Nov 06, 2014
Agrika:
I don't believe in that word "love"...you know as in terms of "loving" someone who is not related to you by blood....i feel they are a lot of other important ingredients like Tolerance, patience, mutual respect, loyalty, being content with what you have, TRUST,etc which should be in a relationship other than the so called overated love....so many sad stories on family section, with one of the partners claiming she (it's mostly a she)still loves the man despite what he did to her....my advice to ladies out there...most especially the unmarried ones is to drop this notion of a fairy-tale wedding,...try to be realistic and practical in life. Nobody knows u better than yourself...you know wat u want, knows what qualities u desire in a partner, and most especially should know when to have the courage to say No to a relationship that lacks these ingredients mentioned

Now that's cruel. cheesy

True love does exist but to find it, both partners need to be selfless. That aside, don't base your facts/assumptions/ views on what you read here.

Those with happy marriages / relationships dare not share their stories for fear of:

~ Being called fake

~ Having their spouses ridiculed

~ And lots more.

Nairaland is allergic to happy stories and only thrives on horror stories - majority of which are created by finger-happy-bone-idle teenagers with sudden access to the internet.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by ayogabriel(m): 8:41am On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
If you dont love someone u can never be patient, loyal to him nor will u tolerate or trust him undecided so i don't understand what the purpose of this thread is

I so agree with you.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Tallesty1(m): 8:46am On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
hahahahaha.

We just don't get the meaning of love.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by adebayo201: 8:55am On Nov 06, 2014
Sis Agrika has pass through some emotional trauma. She has been traumatized by a He-Goat. She is in a state of traumatophobia!!!

cheesy

On a serious note, Love is not a fairy tale. You should be bold enough to tell us what you've pass through that makes it a tale or fairy.

A brother cares... *winks
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Agrika: 8:56am On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
U just don't get do you,...most people don't even know what that word love means(me sef don't know)...you can be loyal, patient and respectful to a stranger even without necessarily "loving" him...now if you can be like that to a stranger u know nothing about...y not to ur spouse...but the reasons they give is that, they don't love him or her again
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Agrika: 9:01am On Nov 06, 2014
adebayo201:
Sis Agrika has pass through some emotional trauma. She has been traumatized by a He-Goat. She is in a state of traumatophobia!!!

cheesy

On a serious note, Love is not a fairy tale. You should be bold enough to tell us what you've pass through that makes it a tale or fairy.

A brother cares... *winks
Hahahaha, me traumatised, God forbid, am too selfish with my emotions to allow anybody mess up with my head, am happily married to a man who treats me like an egg (inshort we treat eachother like eggs)...and trust me...our marriage has been this good so far simply because these ingredients mentioned above has been there...not because of some word called Love...ladies should learn how to be practical and realistic

1 Like

Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 06, 2014
Agrika:

U just don't get do you,...most people don't even know what that word love means(me sef don't know)...you can be loyal, patient and respectful to a stranger even without necessarily "loving" him

you are the one not getting me.... All these qualities cannot exist in a marriage without love. Love being the primary thing and everything else existing as a result of love.

When i read this thread i thought the OP was talking about marriage. How is marriage connected to how u treat a stranger. How manner strangers have u been loyal to?
You show respect to stranger out of love for humanity anyway

Love is when you show love, care and affection to someone you would want to show the same in return

1 Like

Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by adebayo201: 9:28am On Nov 06, 2014
Agrika:

Hahahaha, me traumatised, God forbid, am too selfish with my emotions to allow anybody mess up with my head, am happily married to a man who treats me like an egg (inshort we treat eachother like eggs)...and trust me...our marriage has been this good so far simply because these ingredients mentioned above has been there...not because of some word called Love...ladies should learn how to be practical and realistic

now you're talking
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by bukatyne(f): 10:04am On Nov 06, 2014
Agrika:
I don't believe in that word "love"...you know as in terms of "loving" someone who is not related to you by blood....i feel they are a lot of other important ingredients like Tolerance, patience, mutual respect, loyalty, being content with what you have, TRUST,etc which should be in a relationship other than the so called overated love....so many sad stories on family section, with one of the partners claiming she (it's mostly a she)still loves the man despite what he did to her....my advice to ladies out there...most especially the unmarried ones is to drop this notion of a fairy-tale marriage...where u live happily ever after with a handsome Denzel Washington-look-alike Prince Charming with 16 packs undecided,...try to be realistic and practical in life. Nobody knows u better than yourself...you know wat u want, knows what qualities u desire in a partner, and most especially should know when to have the courage to say No to a relationship that lacks these ingredients mentioned

True love makes marriage sweet and it is possible to have a 'fairy-tale marriage' cheesy

Some marriages are sweeter than what is obtainable in movies sef kiss
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Nobody: 10:17am On Nov 06, 2014
I don't understand.

I thought that patience, loyalty, tolerance etc is what defines love.

In other word, OP is defining love as a physical look only. Am i right?
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Agrika: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

True love makes marriage sweet and it is possible to have a 'fairy-tale marriage' cheesy

Some marriages are sweeter than what is obtainable in movies sef kiss
Hmmm...thats one out of how many marriages
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by LordReed(m): 11:29am On Nov 06, 2014
Agrika:

I don't know why people insist on saying there is no love but go right ahead to describe it. You are doing the same. Patience, respect, etc are components of love, you can't extract one trait and call it love. Love is a whole bunch of traits. Anybody looking for one magic thing called "love" is misguided.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by bukatyne(f): 11:30am On Nov 06, 2014
Agrika:

Hmmm...thats one out of how many marriages

You can make yours that one kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by babygirlfl: 11:32am On Nov 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Now that's cruel. cheesy

True love does exist but to find it, both partners need to be selfless. That aside, don't base your facts/assumptions/ views on what you read here.

Those with happy marriages / relationships dare not share their stories for fear of:

~ Being called fake

~ Having their spouses ridiculed

~ And lots more.

Nairaland is allergic to happy stories and only thrives on horror stories - majority of which are created by finger-happy-bone-idle teenagers with sudden access to the internet.

True word
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by freecocoa(f): 11:44am On Nov 06, 2014
So how then do you get to trust, be patient, loyal, tolerant etc with people if you don't love them?

1 Like

Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by bennyrazz: 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
Agrika, can you define the word "love" in your own terms?
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Nobody: 3:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
..... wink
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by HARDDON: 9:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:

beats my imagination too!

Op sounds like a frustrated puppet on a mission to drag every api lady with her down the dungeon of despair! Sow seeds of discord and disharmony btw Kul couples .
Blind fold d ladyfolks with clouds of distrust. Some wud still fall for it.

Luv is a beautiful thing, by it men have gone to war and women abandon their families ,clinging to D One.

It has conquered mighty mights , levelled lofty heights.

It blazes tru and consume all in its path! U lose appetite, can't think , can't breath , can't live!
It needs no permission to cruise tru!

How can one live without LUV?

Op, remove those goggles of always luking out for what is in it for u and be in it for once!
BTW, have u even rounded off secondary school?

My Quiet Quill!

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 06, 2014
Nothing person no go read for this section.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by iykedare(m): 11:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
Op,I have an assignment for you. You need to look up the meaning of the word "love " . Please don't just open a thread here for the sake of starting a thread.

Oya, go do the assignment.
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Nobody: 12:30am On Nov 07, 2014
Agrika:
...my advice to ladies out there...most especially the unmarried ones is to drop this notion of a fairy-tale marriage...where u live happily ever after with a handsome Denzel Washington-look-alike Prince Charming with 16 packs undecided,..
'We' appreciate your concern, but 'we' don't need your unsolicited advice- no offence kiss

1 Like

Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Agrika: 2:25pm On Nov 07, 2014
Mizchief:

'We' appreciate your concern, but 'we' don't need your unsolicited advice- no offence kiss
Who are the "we"?
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Agrika: 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
HARDDON:

beats my imagination too!

Op sounds like a frustrated puppet on a mission to drag every api lady with her down the dungeon of despair! Sow seeds of discord and disharmony btw Kul couples .
Blind fold d ladyfolks with clouds of distrust. Some wud still fall for it.

Luv is a beautiful thing, by it men have gone to war and women abandon their families ,clinging to D One.

It has conquered mighty mights , levelled lofty heights.

It blazes tru and consume all in its path! U lose appetite, can't think , can't breath , can't live!
It needs no permission to cruise tru!

How can one live without LUV?

Op, remove those goggles of always luking out for what is in it for u and be in it for once!
BTW, have u even rounded off secondary school?

My Quiet Quill!

Hahahaha, you are a clown
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by Agrika: 2:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
Seems nobody understands me here, sad sad...please mods close this thread
Re: Ladies Should Stop Marrying For Love....that Is D Most Overated Word In D World by avuekwe(f): 2:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
Agrika:
Seems nobody understands me here, sad sad...please mods close this thread

Babe, I truly understand you. It's just that women pretend a lot. So many didn't marry for love but for lust. I definitely wouldn't marry for love; if the guy has up to 60 percent of the abilities I need in a mate, then we walk down the aisle. Love isn't in the big scheme of things . Don't feel bad, many are with u but it's difficult for them to admit the truth to themselves.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There A Man Out There Who Would Forgive A Wife That Commits Adultry? / I Buy Faulty And Abandon Electronic / Hypocrisy In Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.