Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality (21831 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 06, 2014
“I don’t believe in gender equality. I do not believe that God made man and woman to be equal in any way. I believe that in every organised institution, there is always a head and an assistant. It doesn’t mean that one should take the other for granted, or disrespect the other. I believe the husband is the head of the home and the wife is an assistant."

"My husband is a pilot, I have flown with him several times and I understood that here is a captain and a co-pilot. They are both responsible for the passengers’ lives. But when there is a final decision to make, it is up to the captain to make it. He is more experienced and the one with the responsibility.”

“When there is a quarrel, I usually apologise first. He doesn’t say sorry. Overtime, I have come to realise that it is an ego problem. Even when he knows he is wrong, he will rather do every other thing or buy things for me than say, ‘I’m sorry.’ Fortunately, the ‘sorrys’ are not too many. He is very responsible and more hardworking than me. By God’s grace, we have been able to understand our routine.”

Opinion:
Are you surprised that her marriage has lasted so long and will continue forever? I'm not implying that women should be subjugated but most modern ladies try to take the God-given place of their man hence so many crashed marriages nowadays.

Pls drop your concurrences or disagreements below. #1luv

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by twaintoy(f): 8:44am On Nov 06, 2014
Our 21st century men are not responsible. All she said is true though. Good for her sha.

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:48am On Nov 06, 2014
Buys popcorn.....awaits nairaland's feminists aka paper tigers to come and eat omotola up. cool

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 06, 2014
twaintoy:
Our 21st century men are not responsible. All she said is true though. Good for her sha.
pls explain the bold
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by twaintoy(f): 8:54am On Nov 06, 2014
TribalEAST:
pls explain the bold
sorry, got no time for that, nobody should quote me abeg.

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by lightoftruth: 8:56am On Nov 06, 2014
If truly those words are hers, now I see reason why she wins countless awards and a chieftency title. She is really a star a role model to good girls of her like mind. She truly understands a woman place in the society. A woman endowed with best of the both worlds "beauty and brain" a rare gem.

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 9:40am On Nov 06, 2014
justirich:
“I don’t believe in gender equality. I do not believe that God made man and woman to be equal in any way. I believe that in every organised institution, there is always a head and an assistant. It doesn’t mean that one should take the other for granted, or disrespect the other. I believe the husband is the head of the home and the wife is an assistant."

"My husband is a pilot, I have flown with him several times and I understood that here is a captain and a co-pilot. They are both responsible for the passengers’ lives. But when there is a final decision to make, it is up to the captain to make it. He is more experienced and the one with the responsibility.”

“When there is a quarrel, I usually apologise first. He doesn’t say sorry. Overtime, I have come to realise that it is an ego problem. Even when he knows he is wrong, he will rather do every other thing or buy things for me than say, ‘I’m sorry.’ Fortunately, the ‘sorrys’ are not too many. He is very responsible and more hardworking than me. By God’s grace, we have been able to understand our routine.”

Opinion:
Are you surprised that her marriage has lasted so long and will continue forever? I'm not implying that women should be subjugated but most modern ladies try to take the God-given place of their man hence so many crashed marriages nowadays.

Pls drop your concurrences or disagreements below. #1luv

Nashville, come and see what I was talking about

@thread, I thought this thread was created last year or earlier this year?

@OP: I do not believe her though. If she takes her word seriously, she should have stopped wearing skimpy clothes when her husband told her to. A woman who knows she is 'under' a man would not dress indecently or snap indiscriminate pictures with other men

The same Omotola NLers have rubbished is suddenly a role model

#I am a fan of hers anyways

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 9:40am On Nov 06, 2014
lightoftruth:
If truly those words are hers, now I see reason why she wins countless awards and a chieftency title. She is really a star a role model to good girls of her like mind. She truly understands a woman place in the society. A woman endowed with best of the both worlds "beauty and brain" a rare gem.

What is the place of a woman in the society?

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by 5minsmadness: 9:49am On Nov 06, 2014
justirich:

SOLID GOLD.

This is a true woman of substance talking, not the faceless female feminist noisemakers we have all over this forum. She was even able to criticise her husband without sounding insultive.

Chief Mrs Omotola, I hail you.

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2014
Her opinion- Her life.

If I offend my husby, I'll apologise but if he offend me, he's on a long thing.

Only cowards who has no future and think feminity is all about marriage would be scared to divorce.

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by lightoftruth: 10:31am On Nov 06, 2014
Read the post again, now slowly make sure that your brian is still inside your head. Then get back to me .
bukatyne:

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 10:32am On Nov 06, 2014
lightoftruth:
Read the post again, now slowly make sure that your brian is still inside your head. Then get back to me .

Are you all right?

I asked a simple question and the best you could do was to ignore it if you did not feel like answering

Don't ever quote me with such nonsense again undecided

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Stillfire: 11:02am On Nov 06, 2014
lightoftruth:

Stop being emotional. It was just a question.

@Topic
This crap has already been trashed. Omotola believes in gender inequality. I guess she was made in a lower degree to a man. Who am I to question what people choose to label themselves? In her defense, I think English was the problem

Meaning:
Gender equality, also known as sex equality, gender egalitarianism, sexual equality or equality of the genders, refers to the view that men and women should receive equal treatment, and should not be discriminated against based on gender, unless there is a sound biological reason for different treatment.

Gender equality is a human right. Any human being that fails to understand this should go petition the UN or preferably give up their rights to live in this century.
Feminism is here to stay, for the main fact that Patriarchy exists. It is highly important that these two systems check each other.

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

Kitchen lipsrsealed

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 06, 2014
Odilafta:

Kitchen lipsrsealed

You mean ur wife?

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:
Her opinion- Her life.

If I offend my husby, I'll apologise but if he offend me, he's on a long thing.

Only cowards who has no future and think feminity is all about marriage would be scared to divorce.
Chai

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

You mean ur wife?
Women in the society tongue

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by 5minsmadness: 11:14am On Nov 06, 2014
Stillfire:

Stop being emotional. It was just a question.

@Topic
This crap has already been trashed. Omotola believes in gender inequality. I guess she was made in a lower degree to a man. Who am I to question what people choose to label themselves? In her defense, I think English was the problem

Meaning:
Gender equality, also known as sex equality, gender egalitarianism, sexual equality or equality of the genders, refers to the view that men and women should receive equal treatment, and should not be discriminated against based on gender, unless there is a sound biological reason for different treatment.

Gender equality is a human right. Any human being that fails to understand this should go petition the UN or preferably give up their rights to live in this century.
Feminism is here to stay, for the main fact that Patriarchy exists. It is highly important that these two systems check each other.

You don't need to defend her. She knows exactly what she was saying.
Don't twist the topic either. This is what she meant.

“I don’t believe in gender equality. I do not believe that God made man and woman to be equal in any way. I believe that in every organised institution, there is always a head and an assistant. It doesn’t mean that one should take the other for granted, or disrespect the other. I believe the husband is the head of the home and the wife is an assistant

Have you heard omaotola speak? Her English is superb. Stop trying to look for loopholes in her statement.

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 06, 2014
Hahahaha. Omotola role model for ladies? I guess we should emulate her in her runs and s*e*xcapades with some producers. Maybe she and her husband have an 'understanding'. How many of the men here praising her can give their wives the freedom to be this successful, to be actresses, allow men to frolick or fantasize about them s*e*xually? grin grin grin

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:18am On Nov 06, 2014
Odilafta:

Women in the society tongue

ok. Excluding me.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 11:19am On Nov 06, 2014
Odilafta:

Kitchen lipsrsealed

Lucky you cheesy

Even Omo T our supposed role model is not in the kitchen tongue

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

ok. Excluding me.
A woman
The society,which of them are you not?
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 11:21am On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:
Hahahaha. Omotola role model for ladies? I guess we should emulate her in her runs and s*e*xcapades with some producers. Maybe she and her husband have an 'understanding'. How many of the men here praising her can give their wives the freedom to be this successful, to be actresses, allow men to frolick or fantasize about them s*e*xually? grin grin grin

You know NL guys na

I bet you, 90% of them cannot marry or cope with her

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

Lucky you cheesy

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by babygirlfl: 11:22am On Nov 06, 2014
Gender equality is a human right. Saying you don't believe in gender equality is saying you don't believe in human right.

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

Lucky you cheesy

I'm her role model,she would join me soon tongue
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Are you minding them.
Role model kor. gringrin

When there are women of eloquence and substance to be used as a role model, like Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Emma Watson, Folurunsho Alakija etc

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by 5minsmadness: 11:24am On Nov 06, 2014
TribalEAST:
Buys popcorn.....awaits nairaland's feminists aka paper tigers to come and eat omotola up. cool
It has begun already.
Next thing they will try altering her words or misinterpreting what she said and if that doesn't work they can always attack her character. All because she spoke the truth grin
Meanwhile they cant even boast of achieving half of what she achieved at their ages. embarassed

Truth indeed is bitter cheesy

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 06, 2014
Odilafta:

A woman
The society,which of them are you not?

The one that will end in kitchen. grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 06, 2014
5minsmadness:

It has begun already.
Next thing they will try altering her words or misinterpreting what she said and if that doesn't work they can always attack her character. All because she spoke the truth grin
Meanwhile they cant even boast of achieving half of what she achieved at their ages. embarassed

Truth indeed is bitter cheesy

Even Lies is bitter. undecided

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 06, 2014
VickyyB:

The one that will end in kitchen. grin
Noted
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 11:27am On Nov 06, 2014
Odilafta:

I'm her role model,she would join me soon tongue

That's also good

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 16 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / My Cousin refuses to do any house chores because he's a guy / Meet The Couple Who Won N1m In Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Valentine Edition