Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:19 AM

MySQL Connection Help - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / MySQL Connection Help (2558 Views)

Php/mysql Pin And Serial Number Generation Script / Wamp Server Ebook Ft Install Wamp, Write Php / Mysql / Mysql Console / Which Is The Fastest Internet Connection In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MySQL Connection Help by timmy(m): 9:47pm On Sep 25, 2005
from my post as regards web site reviews, the equityportal site was yanked off by the hosts claiming it was probably illegal, so im back to hosting the site locally but i need to connect the site to another remote server for the MySQL database, but it just refuses to work... Any techie in the house woth an idea or two
Re: MySQL Connection Help by Ka: 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2005
Can you provide more details about what exactly you've done to try to connect?
Re: MySQL Connection Help by Seun(m): 7:20am On Sep 26, 2005
You need to set the permisions properly to allow connection to a MySQL database from a remote host, but then the site will be very slow. In addition, a good web host would have a firewall setup such that it won't be possible to connect to their MySQL servers from outside their network.

So why not download MySQL server and run it locally, too? And when you say you're running it locally, do you mean on your PC?

About equityportal, I'm going to take another look at it when it's back up to verify that it's legitimate.
Re: MySQL Connection Help by smartsoft(m): 3:52pm On Sep 26, 2005
You tried connecting. and it refuse.. are u sure the host support Mysql. and if it does.. can you post your codes here, with that we could easly see wat is wrong. or better still use this code to check if that is enabled.. <?phpinfo();?> save that and check it out.
Re: MySQL Connection Help by timmy(m): 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2005
its not about permissions.. its more of ip routing.. most host use "localhost as deafualt server address or 127.0.0.1 but any other ip should do if the mysql is hosted on that gateway, but if its not then what else.. tried some php5 tricks but the didnt work..

@Seun "About equityportal, I'm going to take another look at it when it's back up to verify that it's legitimate."

well its very legitimate, ive been handling their designs for two tyrs now, all we wanted to do was do creat a dynamic site using a mysql site but remotely hosted so we wouldnt tamper with the existing service on the site...
Re: MySQL Connection Help by skima(m): 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2005
Well some host allow you to connect to there server from anoda. If are using cpanel its easier to do. Click mysql->scroll down to see allow ip to connect.

A Seun said you may download Mysql and run locally. All you need do is go to the phpmyadmin and export the database then run it on mysql and all the data will be transfered.

You may go www.easyphp.org  to download and install apache,php,phpMyadmin and mysql with clicks.  Then its going to work.
Re: MySQL Connection Help by smartsoft(m): 6:57pm On Sep 28, 2005
Timmy Tried what Skima said there
Re: MySQL Connection Help by kazey(m): 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2005
hmm really, Seun is very right, many hosts dissallow remote mysql connection for obvious reasons. Just install it locally and fire it on.
Re: MySQL Connection Help by timmy(m): 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2005
guys i already know skima's lessons, what i needed was a remote connection, the local system(server) runs a pws service and i can tamoer with that. ill rather just chill. anyway tank God they've merged pheeww!! ill just escape from that.. tanks all the same guys.. u all r cool cool

Im just praying my proposal for the mega merger clicks wink
Re: MySQL Connection Help by axeprince(m): 3:56am On Mar 01, 2006
If and when you know if your server supports MySQl server, find out the IP name or the URL you can connect with either also. all these with the localhost naming are supported,generally

(1) (Reply)

How To Create Webmail That Can Send Bulk Emails / So In 2019 Paypal Still Bans Nigeria From Receiving Payment? / How Can I Use My Nigerian ATM Card To Buy Udemy Courses.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.