Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You (24755 Views)

If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story / This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife / What Can Make A Happily Married Woman Sleep With Another Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by zeb04(f): 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
dein77:
God knows I'm really enjoying my marriage. It was a bit rusty at the beginning, but now the rough edges are no more.

God, I receive more wisdom and humility today.
Amen brother
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Lol!
They do? Shouting over what na? cheesy
EfemenaXY:

Lol!
They do? Shouting over what na? cheesy

How wicked and bad their wives are.
How feminisim is spoiling their wives
How the west is running marriages after all their mothers tolerated cheating and black eyes small slaps and ordinary affairs now these women will be threatening to leave
How unsubmissive wives dont welcome them with hot food even when they find them cheating pet them and kneel and ask them to forgive their inadequacy that pushed them to cheat. Thats how submissive women are supposed to " tame" them not all these gra gra efe them

8 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by 2CatWoman: 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2014
moca:
Yes o!
Im a man and can testify that marriage has been good to me.
Any question,feel free to ask and i try my best to answer honestly.
Thank u.
(Have been happily married 10yrs now)

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by EfemenaXY: 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
aisha2:

How the west is running marriages after all their mothers tolerated cheating and black eyes small slaps and ordinary affairs now these women will be threatening to leave
How unsubmissive wives dont welcome them with hot food even when they find them cheating pet them and kneel and ask them to forgive their inadequacy that pushed them to cheat. Thats how submissive women are supposed to " tame" them not all these gra gra efe them

Lol!

If feminism is what it'll take yo prevent a woman from becoming a dead Mrs (i.e: from domestic violence, STDs, or depression from his cheating) because all men are polygamous in nature, then so be it.

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by shizzleStar: 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
I am not married but my inputs will be invaluable @babygirlfl

Godmystregnth, as Pickabeau1 suggested, i think its better discussed here cheesy
Ok,will need to do what she needs to do means taking pills to avoid pregnancy or abort the baby without the husbands consent (for the benefit of those who dont understand or missed the thread on it).

First things first, is the husband bouyant enough fnance wise to cater for the number of kids? if the mans daily/monthly income is healthy enough, then he has a good reason to want another child asap.

Secondly, if the number of kids they planned/agreed to have together is not complete, it is best for her to have all their kids once so that she can be through with child bearing once and for all and face other things squarly, career etc. I am actually in strong support of this position.

If the wife's reason for wanting a delay is the normal lame reasons/rhetorics like; 'do you think its easy to give birth'? 'can you carry pregnancy for nine months'?, 'can yo go through labour like women'? bla...bla...and the one that annoys me most is 'its her body, she can do whatever she likes'...like seriously? what nonsense?, then she's being plain silly.

However, if her reason for wanting delay is because she has tears from previous child birth and it isnt healing quickly or she normally gives birth through CS, then she has good reasons to want to tarry a while before she loads again, and its only a callous and selfish man that will insist other wise.

Other than these, i think it is highly disrespectful and selfish for a woman to decide alone when she wants to give birth or not

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by LewsTherin: 6:03pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:
like birth control stuffs/family planning

sorry my question was incomplete..

I should be adding whether it would be wrong for that woman to be on birth control pills/family planning without her husband's consent

***I have updated my question

The wife practicing birth control without the husband's knowledge or support is a wife practicing deception in her marriage. That's the beginning of the end.

Both of them have discussed and the husband still wants another baby. Well he is the head of the house and she accepted that when they got married so except there are medical reasons against another pregnancy, I believe she has to do nothing actively to prevent a pregnancy. She can ask God to change the husband's heart if she believes in that but she should not be deceptive about it. That's a wrench in your marriage you don't need

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by EfemenaXY: 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
LewsTherin:

The wife practicing birth control without the husband's knowledge or support is a wife practicing deception in her marriage. That's the beginning of the end.

Both of them have discussed and the husband still wants another baby. Well he is the head of the house and she accepted that when they got married so except there are medical reasons against another pregnancy, I believe she has to do nothing actively to prevent a pregnancy. She can ask God to change the husband's heart if she believes in that but she should not be deceptive about it. That's a wrench in your marriage you don't need

So medical reasons are the only reasons why a man should understand why the wife may not want more kids?

So if the man wants a dozen kids, as a submissive and dutiful wife, she must comply?

Where does finance fit in? Or her pursuing a career for herself after birthing two kids in five years?

8 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Godmystrength: 6:09pm On Nov 06, 2014

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Godmystrength: 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2014

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by cococandy(f): 6:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:
...... in fact, he is even praying for twins shocked...2 boys grin
grin cheesy
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by shizzleStar: 6:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
aisha2:

aisha with this, you stand the risk of derailing this thread. Dont forget women also nag and complain a lot too about their husbands 'inadequacies'/'deficiencies' in salons, churches etc...lets not derail pls,...lol
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by shizzleStar: 6:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:

and please i never mentioned abortion..(i asked the question and i know what i was asking). the other thread was talking about birth control pills. Thank you...
ok, didnt see the updated question before i commented, and i mentioned abortion (tablet) cos the man may have scored a goal which the wife didnt want to count as one tongue

If the burden of the child/rens upkeep is on the wife alone at the moment and the man has no reasonable income, then its logical if she wants a delay since she is the bread winner per say......simples
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 6:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
Following.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by shizzleStar: 6:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:

Please i never mentioned abortion..(i asked the question and i know what i was asking). the other thread was talking about birth control pills. And please do not bring the other thread into this. Question has nothing to do with the OP of that thread....Thank you...
Now you need to calm down, this wasnt where you first asked the question but in the said ops thread remember? and i already posted my innitial response before you corrected/updated your question
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Godmystrength: 6:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 6:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
shizzleStar:

Other than these, i think it is highly disrespectful and selfish for a woman to decide alone when she wants to give birth or not

Is it not selfish and disrespectful for the husband alone to decide when and if the wife will birth?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by shizzleStar: 6:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:
where i first asked the question, i didn't mention abortion neither did i make any reference to the OP
ok, i did explain why i mentioned abortion thou
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by edwife(f): 6:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:

Please i never mentioned abortion..(i asked the question and i know what i was asking). the other thread was talking about birth control pills. And please do not bring the other thread into this. Question has nothing to do with the OP of that thread....Thank you...

Godmystrengh,i do get where you are coming from,but my only worry here is if you dont want to have kids because of financial reasons,then be straightforward with it.Do not deceive your partner,let him know that you are on pills,no matter what he says.....

Don't go behind his back,that is wrong....
Let your yes be yes and your no be no.....

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Godmystrength: 6:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
'..
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by beeevan: 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
LewsTherin:

It's actually quite easy Efe. I consider myself to be a very lazy person. But like Bill Gates once said, when he needs a job done urgently, he looks for a lazy person to do it because a lazy person will always look for the easiest way to do anything. I am that kind of lazy person. Acting like a "man" is so much hard work. I can't stress myself to be a "man". So I choose to be a lover, a husband, a nice guy. So much easier.

There is nothing like a man with substance and depth, keep it up Sir.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Godmystrength: 6:30pm On Nov 06, 2014

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by beeevan: 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:

You got to do what you got to do, when communication isn't making sense, you gat to stop talking and do the needful.

6 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by edwife(f): 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by beeevan: 6:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
Godmystrength:
I am not talking about deception.. It is about whether the wife can still go ahead to be on pills without the husband's consent if after discussing and telling him and letting him know and he still refuses to give consent...because some people already said that the wife MUST not be on pills without the husband's CONSENT even if he is aware of it.... He MUST give CONSENT. so no CONSENT, no PILLS??

If after much talking ,the man is not budging , i will do what's best for me, the woman runs the major risk in child birth, whether she is breeding or not is 70 percent her call.

9 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by 2CatWoman: 6:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
This was the guys initial post

mygeeZ:
I reside and do my business in Lagos while my wife work in Owerri Imo state.
We are married for 5yrs with two kids(girls 3yrs/6months and 1yr6months), She took her annual leave and visited with the kids.
I was having in mind to at least get her pregnant cos i really need a male child to seal the deal. She stayed close to 2months, Just yesterday as i was searching her bag, i found out that she has been using Postnior 2.
I felt betrayed and annoyed, i have not confronted her yet but am waiting to give the Pack at the park tomorow cos she will be going back.
Honestly am devastated and cant just believe she can use such drugs without my consent. I need ur suggestions..
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by shizzleStar: 6:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Is it not selfish and disrespectful for the husband alone to decide when and if the wife will birth?
I never said its a sole decision for the man to make, the reason i used agreed...and if you read my comment very well and understood it, you'll see i gave instances where each party may not have the justification to decide alone
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by cococandy(f): 6:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
2CatWoman:
This was the guys initial post

male child to seal the deal. Smh
So their marriage hasn't been sealed all the while?

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by babygirlfl: 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
LewsTherin:
1. How is communication in your home? Do you all talk about issues and an agree or do you say what you want and madam has no option but to obey?

I'm not much of a talker. My Lady is tho'. But we talk about everything from the colour of our outfits (we colour coordinate everyday) to her issues with my dad. For decisions, we discuss and try to reach a mutually acceptable outcome. Sometimes someone has to give in for the other but hey, who cares. On my part, I follow Ice T's policy of "happy wife, happy life"

2. How do you handle finances? Do you work together or is it one persons sole responsibility?
We run a business together. I pay our salary jointly into my account. We have a joint account we use for savings and major expences like the new car etc. But she has the PIN of my debit card. My Lady knows all she needs to do is point and I get whatever it is for her but I may try to talk her out of some expenditures every now and then. Basically, we discuss before every expenditure or al most immediately after.

3. As the head of the home how are conflicts handled? Do you address them as they come or do you ignore her and hope she comes to her senses?
How are conflicts handled? With lots of common sense! Ephesians 4:6 tells us not to let the sun go down on our anger so we try to settle as quickly as possible. That's not to say I don't lead my home. But I don't need to act loke a drill sergent to know I'm leading my home. I like asking for her opinion on things. We see issues very very differently so her advice gives me alternate insights

4. As head of home how do you keep the romance fresh? Date nights? Surprise gifts or did all that end after the wedding lol.
Wednesday is date night. Not easy to surprise when we do all expenditures together tho but we try.

5. Whats your policy on extended family? Do they come first or does the immediate family come first?
My wife first. My daughter next. Anyone else in order of urgency. Tho we do give preference to our parents and siblings

Thanks and may God continue to bless your home. We are asking if you happily married men can kindly comment more in this section. We know your are busy but do comment when you can.
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by EfemenaXY: 6:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
shizzleStar:
I never said its a sole decision for the man to make, the reason i used agreed...and if you read my comment very well and understood it, you'll see i gave instances where each party may not have the justification to decide alone

They can discuss from now till "thy kingdom come". And if AFTER all that could be said has been said, with the man refusing to budge, then the woman has the final say.

And yes, it's her body.

9 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 06, 2014
I love Godismystrength but please can we get back to the real topic? Your question are already being answered on the previous thread.
You know i love you, you can ask every living soul on earth what to do but at the end of the day the bulk stops at your table
Can we get back to mentoring from happily married husbands please

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by babygirlfl: 6:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
dein77:
God knows I'm really enjoying my marriage. It was a bit rusty at the beginning, but now the rough edges are no more.

God, I receive more wisdom and humility today.

Please your contributions in this section is needed.
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
shizzleStar:

I read it. You basically listed different instances, and "blah blah blah" as being silly and unfit for consideration. Plainly speaking, only if she's "still in tears" does she have a voice. The man decides so long as he has "the funds".

Did I unknowingly sign a surrogacy form?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Zambian Woman Divorces Her Illiterate Husband After He Sponsored Her Education / Marriage Of Deception / Should I Renovate Our Family House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.