Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,469 members, 7,808,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:22 PM

Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You (24758 Views)

If You're Happily Married, Please Share Your Story / This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife / What Can Make A Happily Married Woman Sleep With Another Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by GboyegaD(m): 8:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
cococandy:
male child to seal the deal. Smh
So their marriage hasn't been sealed all the while?

I'm not married but for me, the guy is just funny. If the 1st 2 turned out female, the probability of the 3rd been female remains 0.5.
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by cococandy(f): 8:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
alutacontinua:

you have no idea wink
angry angry
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by bellong: 8:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
Enumerate what you intend to learn.

Ask questions you want them to answer.
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by bukatyne(f): 8:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
babygirlfl:

Thanks

You are welcome cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by RoyalRoy(m): 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
As stated by the Op, this thread was created for a purpose.

To find "happily married men" to mentor the young and unmarried.

To keep the sanity of the family section and try to make a balance of real life family issues and how they can be managed!!

We see already there are spill over arguments from some other threads that is already evolving into another gender war in here.

We hereby advice that we follow the model of the Op and some other ladies who have raised questions for the men who are willing to share their experiences with us here.

Let's keep to the originality of the thread and let all the light and unrelated comments go to the family section fun room if need be!!

Counting on your support and understanding as always.

Regards.

MODS.

3 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
Since the wife is bearing most of the financial responsibility presently and she knows they can't afford another child right now she has to do the responsible thing which is taking birth control pills. Since she has already explained her position to him, she is well within her rights to go ahead.

It sounds to me like the husband isn't a practical person but one of those dreamers who think things will somehow work out. Instead for him to be focusing on getting a source of income he is asking for another child or twins undecided

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by freecocoa(f): 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2014
Okay to the happily married men, I ask,

Who decides what the family should eat? Like do you tell your wife what to cook? Or do you just go with whatever she serves? Do you cook?
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by damiso(f): 8:32pm On Nov 06, 2014
dabossman:
I'm a happily married man and I must say that I've never really visited the family section until a couple of topics made front page in the last two days. Somehow, my first impression was that the family segment seems to be a place where all men are put into a box and classified as bad. I kept seeing ladies saying "most men", "most African men", "most Nigerian men" are this or that, believe this or that, and I wondered why the generalization.
I love my wife to bits and do everything I can within my power and resources to make life good for her and my kid. I also know several couples who are happy (at least as far as the naked eye can see) and I know many men and women who give their all for their family. Marriage is no picnic, so there will be ups and downs and sometimes husband and wife will annoy each other extremely. That's normal and shouldn't now result in labeling one gender bad.
As I said in one of the threads that was on FP two days ago, any single guy or lady can come here on a faceless forum and blow hot and cold, bragging about what they can or can't accept from any man or woman in marriage. Those of us in it know it is a union of many compromises. You give some, you take some, most times you try to find a middle ground on most issues. There is no one size fits all format in marriage. Whatever works for you I say. Of course there are areas of no compromise, like physical, emotional and verbal abuse. That should never be allowed in marriage.
I'll try and visit some more anyway. Hopefully, issues on the thread won't always degenerate into a men vs. women battle. Marriage is not a competition.

Very Nice and realistic post... One persons nice husband might be Mr Wimp to another woman and annoy her to death.

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by RoyalRoy(m): 8:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
All unrelated posts to this topic have been removed!
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Bibol(f): 8:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
freecocoa:

Who decides what the family should eat? Like do you tell your wife what to cook? Or do you just go with whatever she serves? Do you cook?

I like this question. Oya over to our panel of judges smiley
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by shizzleStar: 8:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Really? And if the man wants 12 and the woman says two, what then?

I asked you a very specific question.
Show some courtesy and answer it..."what other grounds aside finance and medical can be a reason to instigate birth control / family planning"?

Do you think women deserve having a career? If not, kindly define the terms "selfish" and "submissive".
When they both agree on 4kids and they get them, then they can start family planning. However, its the mans prerogative to make the final decision if they don't agree on a number of kids and not the wife's. Also tell me in which part of the world only wife does family planning.

...and why wont i think women deserve a career? or haven't you seen where successful women combine both family and career almost effortlessly without making any fuse about it like you lots are doing?, a hallmark you can find only in unselfish and submissive women.

Now i will throw my question back at you again, where will you classify your 'its my body i do what i want' stance? medical? financial? where? be courteous enough to answer please

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by mikeywise(m): 8:42pm On Nov 06, 2014
freecocoa:

In few occasion, I tell her to prepare a specific kind of food.
Other times, I make do with whatever she prepares.
She will always say " tell me what u want to eat and I will prepare it for u"

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by freecocoa(f): 8:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
mikeywise:

Aww, that's a good wife right there, hold on tightly to her.

I take it you don't cook since you didn't answer that question.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by iykedare(m): 8:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

HE is one of those you know are truly happily married

What is your definition of being "happily married "? Does the wife not play a part in a man being happily married?

2 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by bukatyne(f): 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2014
iykedare:

What is your definition of being "happily married "? Does the wife not play a part in a man being happily married?

I don't know where you are going

Yes

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by shizzleStar: 8:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
Op why not ask specific questions?

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by deeptesting(m): 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
@OP for a while i have been a guest on NL but decided to comment today because the subject is quite impressive. I am a happily married man with the 2 beautiful daughters,in fact, as i am typing this note,i am at home with my daughters while my wife is still at work. Before you think my wife makes the bigger box,her pay is nothing compared to what i earn from my business but i realized that for one to be happy in marriage one must truly live his/her dream..Marriage should not scuttle her dream nor mine,then it is left for us to find a balance.

It is not all bliss, we have our difficult times, in fact,if you are married and you have never for once thought of quitting the marriage then your marriage is made in heaven but my love for a decent family has guided me for 8yrs. Please feel free to ask me any question,i will be glad to give you my honest opinion.

12 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
freecocoa:

Kitchen is her zone. She knows what I like, more importantly there are always options. So the question goes like would you eat this to this or that......
She is a far better cook so I don't bother with the kitchen.
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by babygirlfl: 9:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
mikeywise:

Welcome and pls do comment more in this section. Thanks
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Celebrimbor(m): 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2014
Okay to all the happily married men. Two days back a topic made its way to the front page and I believe it is still there. The topic is "seven reasons why a man should not get married". I would like to ask if the points made by the OP of that post are truly valid considering the fact that the poster (who I know personally) is not married.
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by iykedare(m): 9:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
Okay. This thread is actually for happily married men,right? What about men who do the right things in their marriages but their bad wives wouldn't make their marriages work ? What will these men called? I need to be educated.

In the context of this thread, a happily married man is one who is solely responsible for the happiness in his home. I feel that the word "happily " should be substituted with responsible. A man can be responsible but still find himself in an unhappy marriage.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
2CatWoman:

What is wrong,my sweetheart tongue
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
bellong:
Enumerate what you intend to learn.

Ask questions you want them to answer.

My fellow guy, how far now tongue
Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by deeptesting(m): 9:29pm On Nov 06, 2014
iykedare:
Okay. This thread is actually for happily married men,right? What about men who do the right things in their marriages but their bad wives wouldn't make their marriages work ? What will these men called? I need to be educated.

In the context of this thread, a happily married man is one who is solely responsible for the happiness in his home.

I don`t think there is any married man that will say his wife is 100% good but my Brother it is what you decide to focus on that matters. To stay in marriage you have to grow up above little and minor things. How can a woman not make her marriage work? You must be kidding me.. Believe me it is only an unstable woman who will be frustrating the effort of her husband to make the marriage work and i will be quick to ask the man where and how he met the woman.

9 Likes

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by babygirlfl: 9:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
deeptesting:
@OP for a while i have been a guest on NL but decided to comment today because the subject is quite impressive. I am a happily married man with the 2 beautiful daughters,in fact, as i am typing this note,i am at home with my daughters while my wife is still at work. Before you think my wife makes the bigger box,her pay is nothing compared to what i earn from my business but i realized that for one to be happy in marriage one must truly live his/her dream..Marriage should not scuttle her dream nor mine,then it is left for us to find a balance.

It is not all bliss, we have our difficult times, in fact,if you are married and you have never for once thought of quitting the marriage then your marriage is made in heaven but my love for a decent family has guided me for 8yrs. Please feel free to ask me any question,i will be glad to give you my honest opinion.

Thank you very very much. We really appreciate. Please do comment on this section.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by babygirlfl: 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
iykedare:

In the context of this thread, a happily married man is one who is solely responsible for the happiness in his home. I feel that the word "happily " should be substituted with responsible. A man can be responsible but still find himself in an unhappy marriage.

This thread is to encourage the happily married men to comment more on this section so that young men can learn from them.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You by shizzleStar: 9:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
who is that editing my comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Zambian Woman Divorces Her Illiterate Husband After He Sponsored Her Education / Marriage Of Deception / Should I Renovate Our Family House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.