Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Are Roman Catholics Christians? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Roman Catholics Christians? (6460 Views)

Can Roman Catholics Be Saved? / HERESY ? Roman Catholics Says Jesus Is Not Available Today. / Why Are Roman-catholics Like This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by Pavore9: 11:14am On Nov 15, 2014
Ukutsgp:
na u know sha. dnt say u were not told.
Feel free to hold that against me!
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by johnydon22(m): 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
Ukutsgp:
christians are not deluded and confused people. it is only those that are not led of the spirit that are.

so for your mind now, you are being led by the spirit
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by johnydon22(m): 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2014
Ukutsgp:
christians are not deluded and confused people. it is only those that are not led of the spirit that are.
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by btoks: 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2014
vest:
Quesion Answerukuts Style
I really tire.
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by btoks: 1:24pm On Nov 15, 2014
Ukutsgp:
do u think that ur useless traditions is the bible?
Bros,I asked a simple question - but why the bible? You came back with an insult.!
At least,try to answer the question.
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by veecovee: 1:34pm On Nov 15, 2014
btoks:

Please help me,where do I find these teachings of Jesus Christ?
in Bible, start now from the book of John
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by btoks: 1:37pm On Nov 15, 2014
veecovee:
in Bible start now from the book of John
Please tell me why the bible. I understand another book teaches something different.
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by HARMONIEE: 6:11pm On Nov 15, 2014
I asked because :
The Roman Catholics believe that the eucharist is the physical body of Christ whereas it is symbolic.. So you funny Catholics believe you can eat your God?

No one has answered me yes or no, I expect answers from you Roman Catholics is MARY God's mother?

Please where is purgatory in the Bible.?

Why do you people honour Mary exceedingly?

Please please and please, i don't intend starting any quarrel with this, I know who they are, I just want to know what others or they themselves think about them.. I asked with respect. So no insult, I want to learn. So do you Catholic mean to say this is how you insult a new member trying to understand the doctrine or something like that?

My question may look stupid but if you reason properly you will understand me. Compare Jesus Christ and his disciples And the modus operandi of the Roman Catholic faithful and answer me. No insult no quarrel, your priest doesn't insult you when you ask him questions, so why the negative reactions?

Thanks for your contributions.. Keep your views and proofs coming,

1 Like

Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by nnatom: 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2014
HARMONIEE:
I asked because :
The Roman Catholics believe that the eucharist is the physical body of Christ whereas it is symbolic.. So you funny Catholics believe you can eat your God?

No one has answered me yes or no, I expect answers from you Roman Catholics is MARY God's mother?

Please where is purgatory in the Bible.?

Why do you people honour Mary exceedingly?

Please please and please, i don't intend starting any quarrel with this, I know who they are, I just want to know what others or they themselves think about them.. I asked with respect. So no insult, I want to learn. So do you Catholic mean to say this is how you insult a new member trying to understand the doctrine or something like that?

My question may look stupid but if you reason properly you will understand me. Compare Jesus Christ and his disciples And the modus operandi of the Roman Catholic faithful and answer me. No insult no quarrel, your priest doesn't insult you when you ask him questions, so why the negative reactions?

Thanks for your contributions.. Keep your views and proofs coming,

About the Eucharist read

Acts 2:42 - And they continued stedfastly in
the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in
breaking of bread, and in prayers.

1 Corinthians 11:26 - For as often as ye eat
this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew
the Lord's death till he come.

1 Corinthians 10:17 - For we [being] many
are one bread, [and] one body: for we are
all partakers of that one bread.

Matthew 26:26-28 - And as they were
eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed [it],
and brake [it], and gave [it] to the disciples,
and said, Take, eat; this is my body. cont

1 Corinthians 10:16-17 - The cup of
blessing which we bless, is it not the
communion of the blood of Christ? The
bread which we break, is it not the
communion of the body of Christ? cont

Luke 22:19 - And he took bread, and gave
thanks, and brake [it], and gave unto them,
saying, This is my body which is given for
you: this do in remembrance of me.

About Mary mother of God

Luke 1:41-44 King James
Version (KJV)
41 And it came to pass, that, when
Elisabeth heard the salutation of
Mary, the babe leaped in her womb;
and Elisabeth was filled with the
Holy Ghost:
42 And she spake out with a loud
voice, and said, Blessed art thou
among women, and blessed is the
fruit of thy womb.
43 And whence is this to me, that
the mother of my Lord should come
to me?
44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of
thy salutation sounded in mine ears,
the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

pls take note of 43

About purgatory

Isaiah 1:25-26

And whoever says a word against the
Son of man will be forgiven; but
whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit
will not be forgiven, either in this age
or in the age to come (Matthew 12:32,
emphasis

this statement u made
""The Roman Catholics believe that the eucharist is the physical body of Christ whereas it is symbolic.. So you funny Catholics believe you can eat your God? ""
doesn't show this.
So do you Catholic mean to say this is how you insult a new member trying to understand the doctrine or something like that?
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by italo: 4:07am On Nov 16, 2014
sukkot:
the bible
Ukutsgp:
this is the nonsense i hate. u claim that u people compiled the bible yet u people go against its teaching the most.
The Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church in 382 in Rome.
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by tchigofigo(m): 6:09am On Nov 16, 2014
to b christians means.,to follow and examplify christ's life and teachings..sadly, hw many christians and denominations can boast of being 'like Christ'? Vry few indeed! So, pple shld stop pointn fingers at catholics alone
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by italo: 12:27pm On Nov 16, 2014
tchigofigo:
to b christians means.,to follow and examplify christ's life and teachings..sadly, hw many christians and denominations can boast of being 'like Christ'? Vry few indeed! So, pple shld stop pointn fingers at catholics alone

Forget it. They wont stop.

Jesus foretold it to his Church 2000 years ago and for all 2000 years, we've experienced it...yet we flourish under the stewardship of the Holy Spirit.

John 15:18 “If the world hates you, be aware that it hated me before it hated you. 19 If you belonged to the world,[a] the world would love you as its own. Because you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world—therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘Servants[b] are not greater than their master.’ If they persecuted me, they will persecute you; if they kept my word, they will keep yours also."
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by urheme: 12:54pm On Nov 16, 2014
italo:
The Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church in 382 in Rome.

That is why the bible is trash,

I don't know how the idea of uprooting dead bodies from their graves, all for purpose of worship got into heads of catholics.

Italo, you should advise them to review the bible so they can religiously include grave vandalism.

1 Like

Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by italo: 1:00pm On Nov 16, 2014
urheme:

I don't know how the idea of uprooting dead bodies from their graves, all for purpose of worship got into heads of catholics.

Italo, you should advise them to review the bible so they can religiously include grave vandalism.

Clap clap!

You actually thought with your brain before typing this. Wow!

2 Likes

Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by HARMONIEE: 1:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
nnatom:

About the Eucharist read

Acts 2:42 - And they continued stedfastly in
the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in
breaking of bread, and in prayers.

1 Corinthians 11:26 - For as often as ye eat
this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew
the Lord's death till he come.

1 Corinthians 10:17 - For we [being] many
are one bread, [and] one body: for we are
all partakers of that one bread.

Matthew 26:26-28 - And as they were
eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed [it],
and brake [it], and gave [it] to the disciples,
and said, Take, eat; this is my body. cont

1 Corinthians 10:16-17 - The cup of
blessing which we bless, is it not the
communion of the blood of Christ? The
bread which we break, is it not the
communion of the body of Christ? cont

Luke 22:19 - And he took bread, and gave
thanks, and brake [it], and gave unto them,
saying, This is my body which is given for
you: this do in remembrance of me.

About Mary mother of God

Luke 1:41-44 King James
Version (KJV)
41 And it came to pass, that, when
Elisabeth heard the salutation of
Mary, the babe leaped in her womb;
and Elisabeth was filled with the
Holy Ghost:
42 And she spake out with a loud
voice, and said, Blessed art thou
among women, and blessed is the
fruit of thy womb.
43 And whence is this to me, that
the mother of my Lord should come
to me?
44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of
thy salutation sounded in mine ears,
the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

pls take note of 43

About purgatory

Isaiah 1:25-26

And whoever says a word against the
Son of man will be forgiven; but
whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit
will not be forgiven, either in this age
or in the age to come (Matthew 12:32,
emphasis

this statement u made
""The Roman Catholics believe that the eucharist is the physical body of Christ whereas it is symbolic.. So you funny Catholics believe you can eat your God? ""
doesn't show this.
So do you Catholic mean to say this is how you insult a new member trying to understand the doctrine or something like that?

You have not answer me yet.
About purgatory,
what the Bible said is far different from what Catholics paint it. Matthew 12:32 simply means the person won't be forgiven here on earth or before God in judgment (unlike joshua the high priest that was) i was once a Roman Catholic faithful sha. So I know what the demonic leaders are using to brainwash and enslave people to sin.

About mother of God,
Mary was the vessel God used in bringing Jesus (God in human form) to the earth so she was right in saying it. Remember i asked you, is Mary God's mother? Search your conscience and answer me openly YES! (GOD our creator, has a mother) or No (he doesn't) don't hide inside the Bible as Satan did when tempting Jesus.

About the eucharistic ;
Did Jesus say, you should be eating his physical body or he meant the memorial body (luke 22:19), do you mean the wafer for the eucharistic is Jesus physical body or you mean it's for remembering Christ?

Please answer me directly don't bend scriptures. Thanks alot.
Everyone contributing God bless you but let's Remember the topic:
ARE ROMAN CATHOLICS CHRISTIANS?
Cos my aim is to know what part of Roman Catholic doctrine was derived from the gospel the apostles preached.

Two more questions please:
1)Is Mary the Queen of heaven?
2)why do Roman Catholics use statutes and images.

I am enjoying the discussion thanks all. Let's make our aims and beliefs plain smiley
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:04pm On Nov 16, 2014
urheme:

they are a cult.
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by nnatom: 4:35pm On Nov 16, 2014
HARMONIEE:

You have not answer me yet.
About purgatory,
what the Bible said is far different from what Catholics paint it. Matthew 12:32 simply means the person won't be forgiven here on earth or before God in judgment (unlike joshua the high priest that was) i was once a Roman Catholic faithful sha. So I know what the demonic leaders are using to brainwash and enslave people to sin.

About mother of God,
Mary was the vessel God used in bringing Jesus (God in human form) to the earth so she was right in saying it. Remember i asked you, is Mary God's mother? Search your conscience and answer me openly YES! (GOD our creator, has a mother) or No (he doesn't) don't hide inside the Bible as Satan did when tempting Jesus.

About the eucharistic ;
Did Jesus say, you should be eating his physical body or he meant the memorial body (luke 22:19), do you mean the wafer for the eucharistic is Jesus physical body or you mean it's for remembering Christ?

Please answer me directly don't bend scriptures. Thanks alot.
Everyone contributing God bless you but let's Remember the topic:
Cos my aim is to know what part of Roman Catholic doctrine was derived from the gospel the apostles preached.

Two more questions please:
1)Is Mary the Queen of heaven?
2)why do Roman Catholics use statutes and images.

I am enjoying the discussion thanks all. Let's make our aims and beliefs plain smiley

I hope u took note of Luke1:43 cos if u did u won't write dat trash u wrote. and secondly why not ask Jesus Christ wht he ment by the bread being his body and the wine his blood also why he ask them to eat his body.

I dnt knw d where u worship but if u think by condemning others will make u righteous then u are mistaken.
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by Tomytomy3: 5:12pm On Nov 16, 2014
HARMONIEE:
I need to understand something

And save my relatives!
REMEMBER THE MEANING OF CHRISTIAN (LIKE
CHRIST)
DOES GOD HAVE A MOTHER?
WAS MARY WITHOUT SIN?
please Friends teach me something I don't know. I need your opinions please
Google this testimony "RESCUED FROM HELL - by brother Bakajika Muana Nkuba". This is the solution to your confusion.
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by Katier00(f): 5:37pm On Nov 16, 2014
italo:
Catholics aren't Christians. We are antiChrists. That is why we compiled the Holy Bible in the fourth century to fool you. That is why we changed the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday...and you foolishly follow us.

Only Penterascals are Christians...and they believe the Bible which antiChrists compiled...and worship on the day that antiChrists chose.

FOOOOOOOOOLS!
your post reminded me of my late dad. Dnt mind them jor
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by focus7: 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2014
Roman catholics are idol worshippers and not christians.
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by urheme: 6:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
nnatom:

I hope u took note of Luke1:43 cos if u did u won't write dat trash u wrote. and secondly why not ask Jesus Christ wht he ment by the bread being his body and the wine his blood also why he ask them to eat his body.

I dnt knw d where u worship but if u think by condemning others will make u righteous then u are mistaken.

I have ask Jesus, He said he discourage canibalism,

To indoctrinate people to think like canibals is barbaric, Jesus is not mad, he couldn't have in his devine nature encourage people to eat flesh and blood

This write-ups was infused in to the bible by catholic, holy communion has no spiritual implication in the modern christiandon but an acient pagan practices which the catholic adopted, and since they where the ones that doctored the bible, they included it.

I cannot eat human flesh and blood and so cannot imagine eating it in any form it may be designed.

I call for a revision of the bible infom of a first amendment.
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by nnatom: 8:25pm On Nov 16, 2014
urheme:

To indoctrinate people to think like canibals is barbaric, Jesus is not mad, he couldn't have in his devine nature encourage people to eat flesh and blood

This write-ups was infused in to the bible by catholic, holy communion has no spiritual implication in the modern christiandon but an acient pagan practices which the catholic adopted, and since they where the ones that doctored the bible, they included it.

I cannot eat human flesh and blood and so cannot imagine eating it in any form it may be designed.

now I knw u are high on ganja, weed,egbo,lala,grass,and monkey tail
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by vest(m): 8:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
urheme:

@ The Bolded When Was This Done? With Substancial Prove abeg!
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by vest(m): 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2014
Ukutsgp:
they are a cult.
the worst part b say u dnt even knw the meaning of a cult

1 Like

Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by HARMONIEE: 8:45pm On Nov 16, 2014
tchigofigo:
your right, even i my I find it difficult to live exactly like Christ, but while looking for the right choice of doctrine , I ended up with this thread. sad
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by HARMONIEE: 8:56pm On Nov 16, 2014
nnatom:

ok, bible aside who is God's mum?

please i didn't condemn yet, I am trying to make the difference clear...

I think the part of the eucharist is still far from your experience, I will leave the questions for my old Roman Catholic friends,

I think the Roman Catholics are making Christianity an Idol worshipping religion. But I Still haven't seen any Roman Catholic faithful to prove me wrong.

Please just explain for me the similarities between your doctrine and that of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ (i know the apostles faith is the creme de la creme...)

Please no hard feelings, I am even laughing while reading. I enjoy the thought shed. No wars, irrespective of our beliefs we are created by one God.. smiley
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by nnatom: 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2014
HARMONIEE:
ok, bible aside who is God's mum?

please i didn't condemn yet, I am trying to make the difference clear...

I think the part of the eucharist is still far from your experience, I will leave the questions for my old Roman Catholic friends,

I think the Roman Catholics are making Christianity an Idol worshipping religion. But I Still haven't seen any Roman Catholic faithful to prove me wrong.

Please just explain for me the similarities between your doctrine and that of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ (i know the apostles faith is the creme de la creme...)

Please no hard feelings, I am even laughing while reading. I enjoy the thought shed. No wars, irrespective of our beliefs we are created by one God.. smiley

bros u are funny o,which one is bible aside again. wht are u looking for pls tell us ur own understanding of the Eucharist? also tell us d catholic doctrines dat is different from that of the apostles.
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by urheme: 9:26pm On Nov 16, 2014
vest:
@ The Bolded When Was This Done? With Substancial Prove abeg!

Ask italo, he maintained catholic compiled the bible.
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by urheme: 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2014
nnatom:

now I knw u are high on ganja, weed,egbo,lala,grass,and monkey tail

Do you think you made any sense undecided
Hhum

You are not a nice person.
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by HARMONIEE: 9:34pm On Nov 16, 2014
nnatom:

bros u are funny o,which one is bible aside again. wht are u looking for pls tell us ur own understanding of the Eucharist? also tell us d catholic doctrines dat is different from that of the apostles.

Many differences.

Apostles didn't :
Pray rosary
Honour Mary excessively
Ask for prayers of Saints
Carry statutes and images around..

To many to mention, that reminds me, it seems i couldn't get an answer from you on whom God's mummy is, so please sir. Let's skip it

Why do Roman Catholics use statutes and images?
Is Mary the Queen of heaven?
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by nora544: 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2014
HARMONIEE:

Many differences.

Apostles didn't :
Pray rosary
Honour Mary excessively
Ask for prayers of Saints
Carry statutes and images around..

To many to mention, that reminds me, it seems i couldn't get an answer from you on whom God's mummy is, so please sir. Let's skip it

Why do Roman Catholics use statutes and images?
Is Mary the Queen of heaven?

since when we have photos!
I know nigerians have a photo from her pastor at home when he is realy important.
do you know that to remember a person you need a photot did we have this 1000 years ago.
Please use your brain or perhaps you left it in the church.
Re: Are Roman Catholics Christians? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:17pm On Nov 16, 2014
vest:
the worst part b say u dnt even knw the meaning of a cult
i should be telling u that. there is no much difference between the roman catholic and some kind of cult group.

Worshipping the queen of heaven. A pagan deity.

Praying to the dead which i can say similar to consulting the dead.

Bowing to graven images.

Burning of incense.

Exhuming dead and rotten corpse.

Worshipping the pope and licking his foot.

Burning black, red, white candles.

Following pagan traditions.

They are too many to count.

Is this the church of christ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should A Christian Woman Wear Immodest Dress Like Bikini, Mini Skirts, And Short / Praise Or Worship, Which One Should Take More Time? / New Year's 2020, & Of Course Has 20 Repeating Itself, but Why? Happy 2020 Y'all.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.