Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? (15463 Views)

How Could A Loving God Send Me To Hell? / Why Does God Allow Satan To Influence Mankind? / Would God Send A Young Kid To Hell Fire? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by honourhim: 12:05pm On Nov 07, 2014
johnydon22:

so satan led man to sin, would he have done that if he was not hurled down here in the first place. . . you said God planned it all so the redemption plan can take place... but why not just dont let it happen and man wouldnt sin and no need for the redemption scene to take place... how can you know your child will be hit by a car instead of preventing it, you let the child get hit in hope to take him to hospital....hmmmmmm LOVE!!!

This leads us back to my earlier points. What if God's concept in creation is to have the world as a place of good and evil while heaven is a place of total good and hell fire as a place of total evil? And if this is his concept of creating the world, then someone must have to be an instrument or channel through which evil will enter the world hence he sent the devil down here.

Every creator has a concept before creating. Whether the concept is appreciated or not is a different matter.
Every concept will always have those who appreciates it and those who don't so its not strange when some people seem to kick against God with regards to his concept(the world).

God has created everything according to his concept. The best we can do is to check the options he has put on ground and make a wise choice. Rebelling against him is never going to work out any good for anybody at the end of the day because we can't do anything to him. For me, this is how I see God and creation.

My dear I'm ready to flow with God by his grace. He is the boss, suprerior to us all and there's nothing we can do about it. We are all strangers here and we just have to play by the rules on the ground if we must get through. Cheers bro.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
Meeting you in grace once again.
Since WHY DID GOD THREW Satan ON EARTH is your emphasis, the answer must be provided.
Firstly, lets understand that the bible did not provide deep details on this issue but all the same, the answer is in the word.
You talk about other planets, but Heaven and Earth are the MAJOR of the UNIVERSE.
Infact, the bible did not provide details about other planets.
May be God created them for different purpose entirely, i dont know.
I would say, the issue is not about How He Send Them on Earth. Jesus emphasis was that "I beheld satan like a lightning splash from heaven." He didnt said I sent them to Earth.
Another is that Hell was made for the devil and his angels. And Hell is in the Earth, meaning the devil cant even make his own abode.
All the planets are denoted/represented with the term below while Heaven represented Above. Meaning, even if humanity were in JUBITAL, the devil still have access to them. How did he sneaked to the garden of Eden?
They are only limited in flight to the heavens.
Another is that Heaven and Earth were created for a different purpose. They were meant to be an abode for living things and non living things while the rest of the planet can only survive non living things to live.
That is why they have their abode on Earth. Their focus is on MAN, so whether we live in PLUTO or we live in MERCURY they have access to us since all are represented with below.
Even scientist reached the planets, imagine how easy it is for the devil to reach there.
You should firstly ask that WHY DID GOD CREATED MAN ON EARTH, WHILE NOT OTHER PLANET? WHy the Earth?
Those planets cannot become an abode for living things. Am not saying that spirit beings cannot BREATH there but they cant live there because they were created for different purpose entirely.
Infact, i would say that the question is wrong because before Man was created the devil has been casted on Earth. The question supposed to be why did God created Man on Earth while He knew that the devil already abode there.
Yet, even if the Devil were thrown down to other planets, they still have access to Earth because God has not set to them a BOUNDARY.
I believe you are satisfied and if not more insights will be provided.
Theologian ask such question.
I pray may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
AMEN!
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Image123(m): 12:34pm On Nov 07, 2014
johnydon22:

if thats what you mean then yes am a born again and am looking for answers or am i just to believe what is conflicting my reason i believe i have the right to ask questions!!!

You're not REQUIRED to believe or understand who or why satan is on earth doing anything. How would your belief or understanding of this matter help you exactly?
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 1:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
honourhim:

This leads us back to my earlier points. What if God's concept in creation is to have the world as a place of good and evil while heaven is a place of total good and hell fire as a place of total evil? And if this is his concept of creating the world, then someone must have to be an instrument or channel through which evil will enter the world hence he sent the devil down here.

Every creator has a concept before creating. Whether the concept is appreciated or not is a different matter.
Every concept will always have those who appreciates it and those who don't so its not strange when some people seem to kick against God with regards to his concept(the world).

God has created everything according to his concept. The best we can do is to check the options he has put on ground and make a wise choice. Rebelling against him is never going to work out any good for anybody at the end of the day because we can't do anything to him. For me, this is how I see God and creation.

My dear I'm ready to flow with God by his grace. He is the boss, suprerior to us all and there's nothing we can do about it. We are all strangers here and we just have to play by the rules on the ground if we must get through. Cheers bro.

so God created the beautiful angel lucifer so he can turn bad, and he will send him down to earth and later on you blame lucifer for all his misdeeds... who will you blame the car that hit someone or the person driving review all this and tell me how it corresponds with God being all good, all loving, all merciful, all just and loves man so much...its impossible
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Pr0ton: 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
wirelessssss:
Through reading more books. I have ever since realized that God is God and His Will which manifests in the Laws are Perfect!

And has the God even spoken to you?
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Emusan(m): 2:59pm On Nov 07, 2014
johnydon22:

so God created the beautiful angel lucifer so he can turn bad, and he will send him down to earth and later on you blame lucifer for all his misdeeds... who will you blame the car that hit someone or the person driving review all this and tell me how it corresponds with God being all good, all loving, all merciful, all just and loves man so much...its impossible

And you said you're born again YET what you're doing is nothing but using your mind of Atheism to conflict the reveal word of God--BIBLE.

Now let me enlighten you small.

Firstly, God didn't create Lucifer/Satan what God created was 'DAY STAR' it was Day Star who turned himself to Satan/Lucifer. Satan/Lucifer simply means OPPOSITION, so it was Day Star's action that made him became OPPOSITION.

"Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, [size=14pt]till unrighteousness was found in thee...,[/size] Thy heart was lifted up because of thy beauty; thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I have cast thee to the ground; I have laid thee before kings, that they may behold thee. Ezek 28:15, 17

As you claimed God didn't create Day Star so that he CAN TURN BAD, know this that all creation of God that have MIND were created with POWER OF REASONING and when Day Star put his own POWER OF REASONING into action beyond his limit by lusted after his POWER and BEAUTY he became OPPOSITION, HOW?

He forgot that he is a created being so he wants to put himself in the position of God even the higher position above God.

Secondly, you want to know why God cast Satan to Earth and not another planet or destroy Satan at once!
Know this first that Bible may used Earth for where Satan was cast to but it doesn't necessarily mean that it was only planet Earth the BIBLE says Satan found no place no more in heaven and he was cast down.

Now let's look at Day Star challenges before he was cast down;
"And thou saidst in thy heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; and I will sit upon the mount of congregation, in the uttermost parts of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High. Isa 14:13-14

We find two things very astonished in this passage;
1. This evil desire was still IN THE HEART of Day Star
2. Day Star said he will SIT UPON THE MOUNT OF CONGREGATION, which congregation is he talking about?
This congregation can't be the Angels.

Now after all these challenges if God destroyed Day Star instantly the rest of the Angels MIGHT THINK God is unjust for destroying Day Star for no reason, so what God can do is to allow enough time to pass so that DAY STAR can prove all what he thinks in his heart BUT NOT IN HEAVEN because the Lord can not dwell with iniquity.

So God hurled Satan to the lower part of heaven where Angels and Man can see for themselves whether Day Star can meet all his challenges.

You may ask, didn't God know that Day Star will become unrighteous/Satan before He created him?
Yes God knows that Day Star will become OPPOSITION because God didn't create any being that has MIND to be ROBOT but they all posses the POWER OF REASONING and for a creature with POWER OF REASONING not to over use this ability God also placed a COMMAND.

I can't go full detail about this...but I hope this will help a little.

Understanding how Day Star became an opposition against the perfect creation of God and how God handle the situation helps believers to trust more in God for His justice, God is not an Unjust God He will always deal with us just fully.

I'm a fallible man with a limited mind trying to discern an infallible and unlimited mind of God, my post is opened to correction.

In the service of our dear Lord I remain...come Lord Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by honourhim: 3:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
johnydon22:

so God created the beautiful angel lucifer so he can turn bad, and he will send him down to earth

It is very possible my brother. Except for those who want to say that God is no more all knowing and he does not see the end from the beginning.

johnydon22:

who will you blame the car that hit someone or the person driving

Honestly my bro the issue of who to blame or not is irrelevant here since the blame can't change anything.

johnydon22:
review all this and tell me how it corresponds with God being all good, all loving, all merciful, all just and loves man so much...its impossible

In human context you are right. But does God see it that way? Can God's love and mercy for man be defined outside God's nature? Can the word mercy be defined without error being part of the definition? For God to be associated with the word mercy shows that the evil that came into the world didn't take him unawares.

For me I think that His love and mercy for us lies in the fact that he has made redemption plan for us knowing that without the redemption plan, his concept of creation will not be favourable to us, we will all be doomed. Yet he must create and he must create according to his concept. That's the way I see it.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by honourhim: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
@Emusan,

A few questions for you my brother.

1. Do you believe that God sees the end from the beginning as the bible said?

2. If your answer to question one is yes then does that not mean that he was aware that Lucifer will rebel before creating him?

3. If he was aware, why then did he create him?
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Emusan(m): 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
honourhim:
@Emusan,

A few questions for you my brother.

1. Do you believe that God sees the end from the beginning as the bible said?

2. If your answer to question one is yes then does that not mean that he was aware that Lucifer will rebel before creating him?

3. If he was aware, why then did he create him?

Had it been that you read my post above you wouldn't have asked this question.

God wants to create and He did create all things BUT HE ALSO WANTS TO CREATE beings that have MIND and it's not possible to create a being that have MIND without having POWER OF REASONING but in other for each being not to MISUSE THE ABILITY OF REASONING God also placed a COMMAND.

God knows we can misuse this ABILITY OF REASONING that's why he placed commandment in between.

To ask why God create Day Star or Adam after He knows that they will disobey Him? Is to ask why God brought everything into existence in the first place?

Lastly, God wants to create and He created but it's not possible for God to create a being with MIND without having POWER OF REASONING that will make the MIND useless and WITHOUT MIND Angels and MAN are like A ROBOT.

Come Lord Jesus!
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 3:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
Emusan:

And you said you're born again YET what you're doing is nothing but using your mind of Atheism to conflict the reveal word of God--BIBLE.

Now let me enlighten you small.

Firstly, God didn't create Lucifer/Satan what God created was 'DAY STAR' it was Day Star who turned himself to Satan/Lucifer. Satan/Lucifer simply means OPPOSITION, so it was Day Star's action that made him became OPPOSITION.

"Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, [size=14pt]till unrighteousness was found in thee...,[/size] Thy heart was lifted up because of thy beauty; thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I have cast thee to the ground; I have laid thee before kings, that they may behold thee. Ezek 28:15, 17

As you claimed God didn't create Day Star so that he CAN TURN BAD, know this that all creation of God that have MIND were created with POWER OF REASONING and when Day Star put his own POWER OF REASONING into action beyond his limit by lusted after his POWER and BEAUTY he became OPPOSITION, HOW?

He forgot that he is a created being so he wants to put himself in the position of God even the higher position above God.

Secondly, you want to know why God cast Satan to Earth and not another planet or destroy Satan at once!
Know this first that Bible may used Earth for where Satan was cast to but it doesn't necessarily mean that it was only planet Earth the BIBLE says Satan found no place no more in heaven and he was cast down.

Now let's look at Day Star challenges before he was cast down;
"And thou saidst in thy heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; and I will sit upon the mount of congregation, in the uttermost parts of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High. Isa 14:13-14

We find two things very astonished in this passage;
1. This evil desire was still IN THE HEART of Day Star
2. Day Star said he will SIT UPON THE MOUNT OF CONGREGATION, which congregation is he talking about?
This congregation can't be the Angels.

Now after all these challenges if God destroyed Day Star instantly the rest of the Angels MIGHT THINK God is unjust for destroying Day Star for no reason, so what God can do is to allow enough time to pass so that DAY STAR can prove all what he thinks in his heart BUT NOT IN HEAVEN because the Lord can not dwell with iniquity.

So God hurled Satan to the lower part of heaven where Angels and Man can see for themselves whether Day Star can meet all his challenges.

You may ask, didn't God know that Day Star will become unrighteous/Satan before He created him?
Yes God knows that Day Star will become OPPOSITION because God didn't create any being that has MIND to be ROBOT but they all posses the POWER OF REASONING and for a creature with POWER OF REASONING not to over use this ability God also placed a COMMAND.

I can't go full detail about this...but I hope this will help a little.

Understanding how Day Star became an opposition against the perfect creation of God and how God handle the situation helps believers to trust more in God for His justice, God is not an Unjust God He will always deal with us just fully.

I'm a fallible man with a limited mind trying to discern an infallible and unlimited mind of God, my post is opened to correction.

In the service of our dear Lord I remain...come Lord Jesus!

first of all lucifer is the latin word for morning star or day star as you called it.
so when God created lucifer he didnt know lucifer would turn bad
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
Emusan:

Had it been that you read my post above you wouldn't have asked this question.

God wants to create and He did create all things BUT HE ALSO WANTS TO CREATE beings that have MIND and it's not possible to create a being that have MIND without having POWER OF REASONING but in other for each being not to MISUSE THE ABILITY OF REASONING God also placed a COMMAND.

God knows we can misuse this ABILITY OF REASONING that's why he placed commandment in between.

To ask why God create Day Star or Adam after He knows that they will disobey Him? Is to ask why God brought everything into existence in the first place?

Lastly, God wants to create and He created but it's not possible for God to create a being with MIND without having POWER OF REASONING that will make the MIND useless and WITHOUT MIND Angels and MAN are like A ROBOT.

Come Lord Jesus!

i think you are actually telling us God didnt know that particular angel lucifer would rebel or turn bad right
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Emusan(m): 4:10pm On Nov 07, 2014
johnydon22:

first of all lucifer is the latin word for morning star or day star as you called it.

Your problem is pathetic if you can't find my two post comprehensive enough to digest by asking this question.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Emusan(m): 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
johnydon22:

i think you are actually telling us God didnt know that particular angel lucifer would rebel or turn bad right

Your problem is pathetic if you can't find my two post comprehensive enough to digest by asking this question.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by honourhim: 5:52pm On Nov 07, 2014
Emusan:

Bro I think he wants you to be more specifc in answering the quesion he asked.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by sukkot: 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
johnydon22:
i have been wondering, why did God send satan and other fallen angels down to earth .. why didnt he just kill him off or send him to one remote galaxy too far away from the milky way galaxy. so he threw satan down at us and started playing bet with the devil over souls is earth the only planet their is
because it was time for christ to ascend to heaven. you cant have light and darkness together. the light extinguishes the darkness. christ the 14th family and devil the 13th family are like a yoyo, when one goes down the other rises up. there has been a deep wide gulf of divide put between the both of them. i shall put enmity between your seed and her seed
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Misogynist2014(m): 6:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
johnydon22:

If God is all-powerful, then he should have the power to know the future of those he willeth to and not know that of which he willeth not. cool
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Shirley07: 8:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
johnydon22:

God gives everyone benefit of the doubt. Do you know you can change God's mind? However, his principles remain unchanged.
Why did God send Satan to the earth? It's because earth is the abode for living creatures below heaven. Heaven as we all know, can not house unclean things. Hence, Satan have to be sent out.
Why did God send Satan where his most loved creatures lives or why didn't he kill him outrightly? The reason is he knows his most loved creature, which is man can subdue Satan as they are more powerful than him. However, that's only possible if they don't bow to him and obey him.
God didn't kill Satan because he didn't create us with the intention to kill. Hence, all his special creatures has living spirits that can't die, just like him. But know that great purnishment awaits the soul that sin and fails to repent.
Didn't he know that Satan is capable of tempting us? Of course he did knows. However, he gives us the benefit of the doubt because he has equipped us with power and the free will to choose him over satan which man failed to.
Note that Christ wasn't exempted from this, he himself was tempted by Satan to choose him over God.
Why did God give us a free mind? Because none of it would have made sense if his creatures were just robots. Remember that he created us in the likeness of his own image. He didn't only create us with a free mind but also, created us with good nature, just like himself until man sinned.
Now, he has reedemed us through the shedding of the blood of his son so that we will be able to live a righteous life, enabling us to partake in his heavenly kingdom and avoid hell, designed for satan and his angel.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by wirelessssss(m): 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pr0ton:

And has the God even spoken to you?

It is the sacred duty of the human spirit to investigate why it is living on earth, or in general in Creation.

Again it's solely indolence that makes us willing to accept the firmly-established doctrines of others. And it is indolence that lies in the reassurance that comes from thinking that it's great to adhere to the faith of our parents, without submitting its underlying principles to keen, careful and independent examination.

The whole of Creation is the Language of God, which we should earnestly strive to read.

Just imagine a child on earth who cannot understand his father or mother because he has never learned the language they speak to him. Indeed what's to become of such a child?

The prophets, messengers and even the Son of God came to draw attention and to teach us this Language.

Christ did not pen down His Teachings (Such a Book would've been an Authority on Its own if left unadulterated). So much He said He would have told us at that time but we weren't ripe for. He promised us One Who is to guide us into all Truths.

In other words my fellow seeker, you're free to question all you have been taught hitherto....but don't stop at that; seek out the answers you so desire for yourself.

God speaks to us in His Creation. And to understand this Language, to learn it, and to sense inwardly the Will of God in it, that is our goal during our journey through Creation. smiley
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Pr0ton: 8:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
wirelessssss:

It is the sacred duty of the human spirit to investigate why it is living on earth, or in general in Creation.

Again it's solely indolence that makes us willing to accept the firmly-established doctrines of others. And it is indolence that lies in the reassurance that comes from thinking that it's great to adhere to the faith of our parents, without submitting its underlying principles to keen, careful and independent examination.

The whole of Creation is the Language of God, which we should earnestly strive to read.

Just imagine a child on earth who cannot understand his father or mother because he has never learned the language they speak to him. Indeed what's to become of such a child?

The prophets, messengers and even the Son of God came to draw attention and to teach us this Language.

Christ did not pen down His Teachings...

And what'll become of those who will never learn or understand this language, burn in hell forever?
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by wirelessssss(m): 9:34pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pr0ton:

And what'll become of those who will never learn or understand this language, burn in hell forever?
Burn? Nope!
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Pr0ton: 9:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
wirelessssss:
Burn? Nope!

What then?
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by majorgr: 11:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
Actually God did not send satan to the earth. If u read carefully where in the old testament it talked about God casting satan and his cohort to the earth it is translated in the Hebrew word wilderness, English scholars when translating it used earth but it wasn't the earth. It was a kind of spirit wilderness where God being just, stripe satan of all kind of authority and cast a proud spirit to the low less of places. That's why satan sought to come to the earth cuz he wasn't comfortable In the wilderness he was banished to. Also, if u read carefully in the book of luke, where Jesus said He beheld satan fall as a flash of lightning, notice carefully Jesus didn't say he beheld satan fall to the earth, but simply said fall. He said this purposely, remember Jesus also brought to our attention that when a demon is cast out it wonder in the wilderness seeking rest but findest non... Does this bring to our remembrance what I said about the Hebrew word meaning wilderness from the old testament? Finally the only other places in the Bible that use the word earth relating to satan's banishment is the book of revelation, where the Apostle was relating to a vision in which satan was cast down to the earth. Again, it is pertinent to know that the Bible wasn't originally written in English so we must go back to its epimological instructions to understand this, the word earth use in this content in the Greek suggests it is another region, not practically earth, this kicks in our wilderness that was translated in the old testament and also in the statement of Jesus. I hope I shed small light on this.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by wirelessssss(m): 12:00am On Nov 08, 2014
Pr0ton:

What then?
The concept of hell fire is but an attempt to depict the intense suffering when compared to the bliss and pure happiness in a highly matured organised region/plane-Paradise. But there's no fire per se, nothing like perpetual burning.

Let me paint you a simple picture. Do you know that even here on earth there is something that is worse than death? Why do you think people prefer to escape via suicide? Until you get there you will never understand.

Do you know what it feels like to be utterly useless for any purpose in real life?

There's hell but it wasn't created by God. It took on form through the Just outworking of His Law in reaction to the base activities of Man. Pictures of hell can be readily seen here on earth. For instance, there are places you go to and you say: 'this is hell!' Where one is tormented by fear& anxiety of robbers, scammers, murderers.... filth, orgies...
Have you been to a slum before?

If a school is built, and subsequently a group forms a cult within the school for the 'unserious misguided students', would you conclude the builder of the school also formed the cult?

There are more to your question but I wouldn't want to say more and mix things up.

For if a child is to amount to anything, must he not personally learn the language of his parents for himself? Nobody can do it for him.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by wirelessssss(m): 12:11am On Nov 08, 2014
majorgr:
Actually God did not send satan to the earth. If u read carefully where in the old testament it talked about God casting satan and his cohort to the earth it is translated in the Hebrew word wilderness, English scholars when translating it used earth but it wasn't the earth. It was a kind of spirit wilderness where God being just, stripe satan of all kind of authority and cast a proud spirit to the low less of places. That's why satan sought to come to the earth cuz he wasn't comfortable In the wilderness he was banished to. Also, if u read carefully in the book of luke, where Jesus said He beheld satan fall as a flash of lightning, notice carefully Jesus didn't say he beheld satan fall to the earth, but simply said fall. He said this purposely, remember Jesus also brought to our attention that when a demon is cast out it wonder in the wilderness seeking rest but findest non... Does this bring to our remembrance what I said about the Hebrew word meaning wilderness from the old testament? Finally the only other places in the Bible that use the word earth relating to satan's banishment is the book of revelation, where the Apostle was relating to a vision in which satan was cast down to the earth. Again, it is pertinent to know that the Bible wasn't originally written in English so we must go back to its epimological instructions to understand this, the word earth use in this content in the Greek suggests it is another region, not practically earth, this kicks in our wilderness that was translated in the old testament and also in the statement of Jesus. I hope I shed small light on this.
Belittling of Omniscience!
Romans 2:24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 8:13am On Nov 08, 2014
sukkot:
because it was time for christ to ascend to heaven. you cant have light and darkness together. the light extinguishes the darkness. christ the 14th family and devil the 13th family are like a yoyo, when one goes down the other rises up. there has been a deep wide gulf of divide put between the both of them. i shall put enmity between your seed and her seed
are you saying lucifer was still in heaven when christ was here on earth?
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 8:19am On Nov 08, 2014
Shirley07:

God gives everyone benefit of the doubt. Do you know you can change God's mind? However, his principles remain unchanged.
Why did God send Satan to the earth? It's because earth is the abode for living creatures below heaven. Heaven as we all know, can not house unclean things. Hence, Satan have to be sent out.
Why did God send Satan where his most loved creatures lives or why didn't he kill him outrightly? The reason is he knows his most loved creature, which is man can subdue Satan as they are more powerful than him. However, that's only possible if they don't bow to him and obey him.
God didn't kill Satan because he didn't create us with the intention to kill. Hence, all his special creatures has living spirits that can't die, just like him. But know that great purnishment awaits the soul that sin and fails to repent.
Didn't he know that Satan is capable of tempting us? Of course he did knows. However, he gives us the benefit of the doubt because he has equipped us with power and the free will to choose him over satan which man failed to.
Note that Christ wasn't exempted from this, he himself was tempted by Satan to choose him over God.
Why did God give us a free mind? Because none of it would have made sense if his creatures were just robots. Remember that he created us in the likeness of his own image. He didn't only create us with a free mind but also, created us with good nature, just like himself until man sinned.
Now, he has reedemed us through the shedding of the blood of his son so that we will be able to live a righteous life, enabling us to partake in his heavenly kingdom and avoid hell, designed for satan and his angel.

first of all the earth is not the only planet their is, so dont tell me earth is the abode below heaven cus its not the only one... their are billions and trillions of planets our there... an all knowing God will know that sending lucifer here would put man in a tight end, that many will fall yet he sent him anyway. the last i checked humans are even terrified of lucifer....
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Image123(m): 8:26am On Nov 08, 2014
Image123:

You're not REQUIRED to believe or understand who or why satan is on earth doing anything. How would your belief or understanding of this matter help you exactly?

johnydon22, you didn't answer my question?
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 8:34am On Nov 08, 2014
majorgr:

revelation 12:9 and the great dragon know as satan/devil was hurled down to earth together with his angels, verse 12 rejoice, therefore o you heavens and you who dwell in them but woe to you, earth and sea for the devil has come down to you in great anger knowing that he has but a little time....
and you are telling me he wasnt hurled down here on earth.... the devil hurled down from heaven decided to pour his anger on the innocent ones here on earth, and even angel that couldnt even defeat the devil is busy shouting woe to earth and sea when you sent them the woe...
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 8:37am On Nov 08, 2014
Image123:

johnydon22, you didn't answer my question?

i want to know not believe... believing something means having complete faith in it whether its true or not but i for one dont just want to believe i want to know...
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Emusan(m): 10:07am On Nov 08, 2014
honourhim:

Bro I think he wants you to be more specifc in answering the quesion he asked.

These are the two statements he made.

so when God created lucifer he didnt know
lucifer would turn bad

i think you are actually telling us God didnt
know that particular angel lucifer would rebel
or turn bad right?

So how can a rational being still made these statements after reading something like this?

God wants to create and He did create all things BUT HE ALSO WANTS TO CREATE beings that have MIND and it's not possible to create a being that have MIND without having POWER OF REASONING but in other for each being not to MISUSE THE ABILITY OF REASONING God also placed a COMMAND. God knows we can misuse this ABILITY OF REASONING that's why he placed commandment in between.

And you still want me to be specific, specific on what?

OK let me put it this way, God created Lucifer WITH ABILITY OF REASONING because Lucifer has A MIND likewise other Angels & Man and God knows that Lucifer can misuse this POWER OF REASONING but every created BEINGS that have MIND also have COMMANDMENTS TO FOLLOW IN OTHER NOT TO MISUSE IT.

Hope it's cleared now?
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by Shirley07: 10:39am On Nov 08, 2014
johnydon22:

first of all the earth is not the only planet their is, so dont tell me earth is the abode below heaven cus its not the only one... their are billions and trillions of planets our there... an all knowing God will know that sending lucifer here would put man in a tight end, that many will fall yet he sent him anyway. the last i checked humans are even terrified of lucifer....
Earth is certainly the only planet where living creatures can survive. Moreover, the only thing God did was to throw down Satan from heaven and nothing else.
We all know that Satan is powerful enough to roam around all the planets, we're talking of a being who has constant access to meet God to give his records- Job 1:6-7.
What I'm saying is satan has the means to go anywhere, save for heaven. And since earth is the only conducive place for the living creatures out there, he's bound to be here.
Personally, I think the question you should have asked is why didn't God strip him of his power but we all know the answer which is, God's gifts is without repentance. That's why you can still see some ministers of God speak in tongues, perform miracles and do other wonderful things, even while in sin and without the holy spirit. Of course, the holy spirit has surely left them but the gifts that came with the Spirit are retained in them.
I already told you that despite satan's power, man was more powerful until he disobeyed God. The same way Jesus is more powerful than satan but the difference is Jesus didn't fall into satan's temptation.
If at all you want to blame anyone as a typical nigerian do, blame Adam and Eve who disobeyed God and chose satan over him because if Jesus could overcome satan's temptation despite the sinful world he lived, why couldn't Adam and Eve who were in a perfect world? You should know that the moment man bowed to satan, he became his slave.
However, God has given us another chance to partake in that perfect world and also, lifted us once again above satan, through the shedding of the blood of his son. So, rejoice!
Re: Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? by johnydon22(m): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2014
Emusan:

These are the two statements he made.

So how can a rational being still made these statements after reading something like this?

God wants to create and He did create all things BUT HE ALSO WANTS TO CREATE beings that have MIND and it's not possible to create a being that have MIND without having POWER OF REASONING but in other for each being not to MISUSE THE ABILITY OF REASONING God also placed a COMMAND. God knows we can misuse this ABILITY OF REASONING that's why he placed commandment in between.

And you still want me to be specific, specific on what?

OK let me put it this way, God created Lucifer WITH ABILITY OF REASONING because Lucifer has A MIND likewise other Angels & Man and God knows that Lucifer can misuse this POWER OF REASONING but every created BEINGS that have MIND also have COMMANDMENTS TO FOLLOW IN OTHER NOT TO MISUSE IT.

Hope it's cleared now?

No i need a specific answer...DID GOD KNOW LUCIFER WILL TURN BAD BEFORE CREATING HIM ?? just answer YES or NO...no more long talks... just answer me yes or no shikena

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Interview Of Richard Dawkins By Ben Stein / Ten Types Of Prayer Warriors!! / Why Do People Go To Church And Still Go Other Places For Solutions?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.