Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,387 members, 7,808,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:02 AM

Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? (5339 Views)

Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre / Site Of First Plane-crash In Nigeria To Become Tourist Attraction / How Long Does It Take To Get A Tourist Visa To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 09, 2014
optimusprime2:

An attribute of proper literacy, upbringing and civil decency, is representing well regardless of colour or case scenario's...
Thats what I feel basically.
That is the hope for generations to follow smiley. Thanks for sharing!

babyspice:
yes, the thot does cross my mind. That negative stereotype is always on my mind so i do go out of my way to be polite, nice etc. and also make sure intelligent sounding things come out of my mouth!!!! Sometimes its a bit of a bother though. why can a oyibo look like a hobo ( homeless person) and he/she is still given the benefit of the doubt/ treated like a semi-god but me if i have a bad hair/clothes day i am not treated as such. it just ain't fair!!! tongue grin grin undecided
I hear you haha! grin
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
Miami11:
In a small town south of Italy close to Sicily and Naples, a tiny town called capua, I became an instant celebrity's the young boys made me feel very cute I was only 18, I took so many phone numbers despite language barrier had no idea how I would ever contact them, they send me back home with wine and so many pleasantries.
It was awkward this Zimbabwe lady married to an Italian immediately invited me to her house, a couple that had an adopted a 10 year old Ghanaian girl also invited me, was pleasant though.
Me and hubby are planning a euro trip cannot wait to tour this areas.
Italy... I went with my husband (then boyfriend) last year. The men are quite forward in their appreciation of fine women haha. I believe $3x is all they'd want, nothing more.
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Davidoff2000: 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
Happened alot to me in China...at the airport in xian, Chendong and even Shanghai...mostly kids who havent ever seen a black man be4. And then the elderly. Most of the 1.4b chinese have neva seen a black man before. On the Great wall, they kept coming to snap pictures wit me and i kept obliging. But wen i got the humid mid west, Chongquing, i always told them if u wanna snap wit me, you must pay...they dnt hear english so.whenever i made d money sign, they often laughed n walked away. But i could rest
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by 190: 11:45am On Nov 11, 2014
I've had free shots in helsikini finland at a local bar during my recent visit about 2months ago with my oshere cos we were black grin grin
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by 190: 11:47am On Nov 11, 2014
Athens GREECE

I Had a young girl walk in with her mama while i was eating at a restaurant she walked straight to me and touched me in the face

i was shocked, embarrassed and speechless she just needed to see if we blacks were made of plastic or sometin grin

and she was so cute infact white pickin now dey hungry me angry

3 Likes

Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
Back in New Delhi a few years ago, we blacks were a centre of attraction. Most Indians can stare till your spirit leaves your body. embarassed

I recall 2011 new year, I was in Greenplace, Delhi hanging out with Nigerian friends, some locals were just staring like we're aliens. Some cute chinkies came around, left their partners to come party, I went Sarojini Nagar market to buy some stuffs and the marketers were so amazed and started asking about how Nigeria looked like, his son Sandep said he's sold gold jewelleries in Kaduna and Kano.

I in an elevator in Premius superspecialty Hospital, opposite US Embassy, Delhi, when a middle aged Arabian man joined and immediately he saw me, he started in his arabian accent telling me he's from Afghanistan, they're peaceful, I'm nigerian we're also peaceful.
In my mind I was like wtf!
Cos some white Europeans were in the elevator too and they went pale with fear of A Nigerian and an Afghan. angry

Also, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, they've got very serious lookers. Especially their old ones. I've had cause to get some items on a discount due to my skin colour, and also I've been cheated because of my colour.

I have some pictures I took with strangers, all because they wanna take pictures with a black man.

4 Likes

Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2014
lomomike:
Also, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, they've got very serious lookers. Especially their old ones. I've had cause to get some items on a discount due to my skin colour, and also I've been cheated because of my colour.

In Ethiopia too? I thought most of them are blacks.

1 Like

Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2014
190:

and she was so cute infact white pickin now dey hungry me angry
Paedo angry
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
lomomike:
Back in New Delhi a few years ago, we blacks were a centre of attraction. Most Indians can stare till your spirit leaves your body. embarassed

I recall 2011 new year, I was in Greenplace, Delhi hanging out with Nigerian friends, some locals were just staring like we're aliens. Some cute chinkies came around, left their partners to come party, I went Sarojini Nagar market to buy some stuffs and the marketers were so amazed and started asking about how Nigeria looked like, his son Sandep said he's sold gold jewelleries in Kaduna and Kano.

I in an elevator in Premius superspecialty Hospital, opposite US Embassy, Delhi, when a middle aged Arabian man joined and immediately he saw me, he started in his arabian accent telling me he's from Afghanistan, they're peaceful, I'm nigerian we're also peaceful.
In my mind I was like wtf!
Cos some white Europeans were in the elevator too and they went pale with fear of A Nigerian and an Afghan. angry

I have some pictures I took with strangers, all because they wanna take pictures with a black man.

India is interesting. My husband once worked in Mumbai for a few weeks and the kids apparently like to beg black people as they are more likely to give them money.

Haha, you too have pictures out there with strangers grin. Do.you occasionally wonder where they end up?
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
Flytefalls:

India is interesting. My husband once worked in Mumbai for a few weeks and the kids apparently like to beg black people as they are more likely to give them money.

Haha, you too have pictures out there with strangers grin. Do.you occasionally wonder where they end up?

Then, did Mike care where his pictures will end up even if its in a shrine or templegrin ? I actually did it because I was feeling like a celebrity.
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2014
Phema:

In Ethiopia too? I thought most of them are blacks.

Not black per se, they are mostly Oromo and Amhara race which are lighter coloured, dark shiny wool hair, delicate frame, most of them have delicate frame, but very beautiful. smiley
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
lomomike:
Not black per se, they are mostly Oromo and Amhara race which are lighter coloured, dark shiny wool hair, delicate frame, most of them have delicate frame, but very beautiful. smiley

Oh, I See. . .

Bros, i dey suspect you with all this your "delicate and beautiful" story ooooo. You sure say. . . lipsrsealed wink tongue grin
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 11, 2014
Phema:

Oh, I See. . .

Bros, i dey suspect you with all this your "delicate and beautiful" story ooooo. You sure say. . . lipsrsealed wink tongue grin

Bro/Sis na wa o! Lol why you dey suspect me na? smiley
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by morpheus24: 6:03pm On Nov 11, 2014
lomomike:

Bro/Sis na wa o! Lol why you dey suspect me na? smiley

I wonder why for Ethiopia them dey look you funny when their neighbours look like this

Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by SkinnyDude(m): 11:18am On Nov 12, 2014
MOD please do us alittle favour and move this thread to frontPage. Justwise! justwise

2 Likes

Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
morpheus24:

I wonder why for Ethiopia them dey look you funny when their neighbours look like this

Dem dey look me like that because dem know say I be I no resemble them and I be JJC. tongue
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2014
lomomike:

Then, did Mike care where his pictures will end up even if its in a shrine or templegrin ? I actually did it because I was feeling like a celebrity.
grin grin
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by 190: 8:58pm On Nov 13, 2014
Flytefalls:

Paedo angry
angry

1 Like

Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by tpia6: 2:53am On Nov 14, 2014
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 9:58am On Nov 15, 2014
lomomike:

So true. Had a stop-over @Addis in March on my way to South-Sudan(humanitarian trip), so i ended up staying 2 nights in Addis, one going and one coming back to Abuja. I used the word "exotic" to describe some Ethiopian babes at Global Hotel, and ever since, my boss calls me 'exotic!' LOL. Twas my first time leaving Naija, and i found Addis to be sooo cold! I wonder what will happen when i get to these European countries y'all are mentioning ooo. I speak Swahili so i got so much love from the Kenyan waitresses at the hotel in Juba, South Sudan, while my bosses just gawked at me, hhahahahhaa. I'm from Tanzania but have virtually spent my whole life here in Nigeria. Ah, I can't wait to travel out again!

1 Like

Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 15, 2014
jcgodfrey:

So true. Had a stop-over @Addis in March on my way to South-Sudan(humanitarian trip), so i ended up staying 2 nights in Addis, one going and one coming back to Abuja. I used the word "exotic" to describe some Ethiopian babes at Global Hotel, and ever since, my boss calls me 'exotic!' LOL. Twas my first time leaving Naija, and i found Addis to be sooo cold! I wonder what will happen when i get to these European countries y'all are mentioning ooo. I speak Swahili so i got so much love from the Kenyan waitresses at the hotel in Juba, South Sudan, while my bosses just gawked at me, hhahahahhaa. I'm from Tanzania but have virtually spent my whole life here in Nigeria. Ah, I can't wait to travel out again!

Addis Ababa is a lovely place. It speaks of itself as a beautiful genuine African capital. I love the day time weather. Its cold at night, but they've got very comfy hotels and inns. They also have good power supply system (I didn't experience any power outage during my stay there). Their ladies are stunning and are 'straight gorgey' wink they got dark lovely eyes with beautiful brown skins and perfect long curly shiny silk/woolly hair to perfect their looks. They've got a look that can stun a stranger and they look at people deeply yet shyly.
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 15, 2014
lomomike:

Addis Ababa is a lovely place. It speaks of itself as a beautiful genuine African capital. I love the day time weather. Its cold at night, but they've got very comfy hotels and inns. They also have good power supply system (I didn't experience any power outage during my stay there). Their ladies are stunning and are 'straight gorgey' wink they got dark lovely eyes with beautiful brown skins and perfect long curly shiny silk/woolly hair to perfect their looks. They've got a look that can stun a stranger and they look at people deeply yet shyly.

HAHAHAHA!!! Where were u when I was lost for words? grin cheesy
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 10:34am On Nov 15, 2014
lomomike:

What a description! Shuuuu! lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 15, 2014
jcgodfrey:

HAHAHAHA!!! Where were u when I was lost for words? grin cheesy

Lol! If you're married, easy with those beauties if not, you'll be snatched away by them grin
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 15, 2014
Phema:

What a description! Shuuuu! lipsrsealed tongue
Phema, you ehn... Okay, you're also very beautiful beyond description even if I never see your pics. This I feel cos I know the African woman is a perfect description of what a man would call 'ravaging beauty'. smiley
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 15, 2014
lomomike:

Phema, you ehn... Okay, you're also very beautiful beyond description even if I never see your pics. This I feel cos I know the African woman is a perfect description of what a man would call 'ravaging beauty'. smiley

Just what I wanted to hear, as I was getting real jealous. grin
Thanks for the washy tongue
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 15, 2014
Phema:

Just what I wanted to hear, as I was getting real jealous. grin
Thanks for the washy tongue

I am not washing you naembarassed , I know you're very beautiful, I'm not good at flattery so I just spoke typed the truth grin okay if you think I'm lying or washing you, upload your picture let's prove it then you'll see how many likes you get for being such a beauty cool smiley
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by uboma(m): 9:03pm On Nov 15, 2014
lomomike:

Hmmm Bro. All these description ehn no get part two. Tell us your excapades with these stunning....ladies na. lol
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 18, 2014
uboma:

Hmmm Bro. All these description ehn no get part two. Tell us your excapades with these stunning....ladies na. lol
Seconded grin
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 18, 2014
Mike was a JJC when he went there then besides, I didn't stay long in Ethiopia for I only visit for weeks or a month at max before returning to Nigeria or diverting to Delhi. Finally, he was forming mr faithful lover man for his first ever new Naija girlfriend (now Ex) embarassed
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 18, 2014
lomomike:
Mike was a JJC when he went there then besides, I didn't stay long in Ethiopia for I only visit for weeks or a month at max before returning to Nigeria or diverting to Delhi. Finally, he was forming mr faithful lover man for his first ever new Naija girlfriend (now Ex) embarassed
Okay cheesy. Why does Mike talk in the third person?
Re: Becoming A Tourist Attraction Because You Are Black; Experiences Abroad? by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 19, 2014
Make una back this up with pics of U in the midst of asians and europeans na or .........

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Italian Jobs Opportunities / NBS: 1,331 Nigerians Die In Road Crashes In Q2 / Nigerians In Houston Pls Where Would You Consider A Safe And Best Area To Stay.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.