Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,758 members, 7,798,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix (1794 Views)

FG Commission Akwa Ibom State Int'l Stadium On 7th Nov. 2014 / Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier / PICS:Uyo Stadium To Host Nigeria Vs South Africa 2015 Afcon Qualifier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by pendusky(m): 7:32pm On Nov 06, 2014
President Jonathan to commissioned Akwa Ibom International stadium Today 7th November 2014

Pele is expected to be in attendance

AKS Stadium launch program of event includes;

Fri, Nov 7, 2014 3:00 pm

National Anthem of Nigeria led by Pat Akpabio

- National Anthem of Cote D’’Ivoire led by Patience Ehi

- National Anthem of Ghana led by Emem Andrew and backed by Ibom Unity Brass Band 3.45 pm

- Hymn: “Afo ‘modot itoro”, sung by Aity Dennis

- Prayer of dedication 3.45 pm

- Welcome Speech by His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Akwa Ibom State,
Chief Godswill Obot Akpabio, CON 4.00 pm

- Special Commemorative Song by Akwa Ibom Music Stars: Aity Dennis, Pat Akpabio, Fadabasi, Icekyd, Presh, King David, Mc Galaxy, Dikan, Desmond
Offong, Unik, Mr. Xto, Pasto Goody Goody, Mish,
Queen Favour, Skankin Master, Aniekan Sasforo, Ann Inyang and Lemmy Jackson. 4.05 pm

- Video Presentation: The Making of Akwa Ibom Stadium 4.15 pm

- Governor leads Mr. President and VIPs to the commissioning point 4.20 pm

- Commissioning of the stadium by Mr. President

- Unveiling of the commemorative plaque 4.25 pm

- Speech by His Excellency, the President, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR 4.40 pm

- Marching display by the Real Brass Band 4.50 pm
On-pitch pre-match entertainment

featuring:
- Mish, singing “Akwa Ibom Ayaya”
- Mavins Crew, singing “DoroBucchi”
- KCee, singing “Limpopo” 5.15 pm
- Grand Parade: ‘Journey across the Land of Uncommon Transformation’ featuring the following groups: Greater Tomorrow Football Academy, The State Cheer Leaders, Akwa Ibom Future Professionals Group, The Royal Rangers, Uyai Iban, Itembe, Council for Arts and Culture, Ekpe, Ekpo, the 9999 Choristers, The State Fire Service, The AKSG Ushers and Ibom Brass Band.

Music: ‘Wavin’ Flag’, by K’naan 5.35 pm

- Arrival and pitch inspection by the national teams of Nigeria - the Super Eagles and that of Ghana - the Black Stars 6.15 pm

- Presentation of the teams to the three Presidents by HE the Governor and the official VIP Party 6.30 pm

- Kick-off 8.15pm

- Full-time

- Presentations at the State Box

- National Anthems of Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana and Nigeria Departures

#AkwaIbomAdoOkay #AkwaIbomInternationalStadium

Powered by twitter.com/UyoTraffic #UyoInPics

follow these twitter handles for live updates

@UyoTraffic
@akwaibomonline
@pendusky
@ibommobile
@promiseetim25
@itycyril

Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by pendusky(m): 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
cheesy
Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by pendusky(m): 7:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2014
Akwa ibom ayaya, stadium nyin ayaya nko
Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by lexyman(m): 8:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
An opportunity to visit the state ....I hope the things in the stadium will not start falling apart in some few years time ?our government lacks maintenance culture .
Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by Aitee1: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by Antell95(m): 8:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
E go red!!!!!!

*cleans ma gold plated shoe*
Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 06, 2014
GEL FOREVER tongue APC
Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by JOETYNO: 9:59pm On Nov 06, 2014
We need more of this!

#KUDOS Akwa Ibom Govt

#Long live Nigeria

#GEJ and other non performing Governors (Tout Animal Orji) thunder fire Una till Una bring dvlpmnt to Nigeria! We are done suffering and Smilling!

1 Like

Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
.My hood is already buzzing. From Ikpa road to Abak road (OBJ road) to Aka road to Oron road - same buzz.
My friends and I will sure be in attendance, 10.00am prompt! My lecturers in the department can get angry at me for skipping lectures tomorrow if they want but nufin is stopping TheSonOfMark from attending.

This feeling is great, I'm proud of my state! History here I come!

2 Likes

Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by Danycrusoe(m): 10:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
Pls will it b live on any terrestrial tv station?
Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by pendusky(m): 4:25am On Nov 07, 2014
Danycrusoe:
Pls will it b live on any terrestrial tv station?
Yea!
Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by Samunique(m): 8:03am On Nov 07, 2014
@ OP.
What is the exact time for the match?
Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by Omolecturer(m): 8:43am On Nov 07, 2014
cool
Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by pendusky(m): 9:28am On Nov 07, 2014
Samunique:
@ OP.
What is the exact time for the match?
check 8:15pm
Re: Uyo Int'll Stadium To Be Commissioned Today (7th Nov) Pix by Samunique(m): 10:36am On Nov 07, 2014
pendusky:
check 8:15pm
Tanx!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Versus Arsenal This Weekend - 15 Facts You Need To Know. / Stop Losing, Start Investing / Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.