Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,911 members, 7,806,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:45 PM

NEPA Cutting Off Light And Taking The Wire... Let's Know Our RIGHT. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / NEPA Cutting Off Light And Taking The Wire... Let's Know Our RIGHT. (4823 Views)

Do You Need Anything In Usa Or Canada? Kindly Let Know / Having A Seamless Beautiful Home Should Never Be A Privilege But Our Right / Problem of PHCN/NEPA: Price Of Electricity Is Too Low (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NEPA Cutting Off Light And Taking The Wire... Let's Know Our RIGHT. by jendy36(m): 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
Pls my fellow nairalanders, is it good if, for any reason, you didn't pay for your utility bill for a particular month, and NEPA people, when cutting off wires, to cut your light, and take your wire.? I think it is not good since they are only supplying power, they have the power(electricity) and can cut it off, but they don't have the wire. I think they should leave the wire when they cut it. And if for any reason, they take the wire, they should come and fix it back when you have paid for your bill with the reconnection fee.

Your suggestions pls...no abuse.
Re: NEPA Cutting Off Light And Taking The Wire... Let's Know Our RIGHT. by 2special(m): 10:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
most people will reconnect the wire back hence,the reason for them to take away the wire.
Re: NEPA Cutting Off Light And Taking The Wire... Let's Know Our RIGHT. by PROCTOR: 10:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
Do we actually have laws in Nigeria??
Re: NEPA Cutting Off Light And Taking The Wire... Let's Know Our RIGHT. by jendy36(m): 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2014
2special:
most people will reconnect the wire back hence,the reason for them to take away the wire.

If that should be the reason, somebody can easily buy another role of wire and end up not paying the bill.
Re: NEPA Cutting Off Light And Taking The Wire... Let's Know Our RIGHT. by 2special(m): 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2014
and
probably,the PHCN officials will come again d next month to remove the
wire which they dont ve the right to bt most people jst believe that they
cant win a case against the govt
Re: NEPA Cutting Off Light And Taking The Wire... Let's Know Our RIGHT. by samseen02(m): 10:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
dear i don't fink this can work in Nigeria.. D law can't be effective unless d light (wire) of our politcal leaders is also being disconnected

1 Like

Re: NEPA Cutting Off Light And Taking The Wire... Let's Know Our RIGHT. by Daluuzor(m): 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
I don't think they have the right to take your wires, although in some part of the country, they do take the wires, such as is seen in Benin, but in Lagos, they just disconnect from the main pole and leave your wires on the ground, but due to their cupidity, they forcefully collect the wires to make extra cash from it by selling to a potential buyer.
They are no longer under the federal government, though indirectly, but, I don't think they have the right to collect your wires if you bought the wires yourself.

1 Like

Re: NEPA Cutting Off Light And Taking The Wire... Let's Know Our RIGHT. by jendy36(m): 10:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
I believe with you
Daluuzor:
I don't think they have the right to take your wires, although in some part of the country, they do take the wires, such as is seen in Benin, but in Lagos, they just disconnect from the main pole and leave your wires on the ground, but due to their cupidity, they forcefully collect the wires to make extra cash from it by selling to a potential buyer.
They are no longer under the federal government, though indirectly, but, I don't think they have the right to collect your wires if you bought the wires yourself.

They just try to make extra cash with it, sometimes, they will not give you the wire back even as you have paid.
Re: NEPA Cutting Off Light And Taking The Wire... Let's Know Our RIGHT. by Daluuzor(m): 11:01pm On Nov 06, 2014
jendy36:
I believe with you

They just try to make extra cash with it, sometimes, they will not give you the wire back even as you have paid.
even when they return the wires, it won't be the one they took, they will return inferior wires that will melt in one week and you will end up getting another one. So I'd rather not allow them leave with the wires.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

How I Got A Verified USA Paypal Account / KHP International / Here Is The List Of Providus Bank Branches In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.