Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Is It Right To Use 4-6 Inch Blocks To Build An Upstairs? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Is It Right To Use 4-6 Inch Blocks To Build An Upstairs? (6746 Views)

Cost Of Building An Upstairs / Advantages Of Engine Moulded Blocks To Hand Moulded Blocks / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right To Use 4-6 Inch Blocks To Build An Upstairs? by iscom(m): 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
Is it right to use 4-6 inch blocks to build an upstairs? Nowadays many people don't use 9 inch blocks for building upstairs, instead they use 4-6 inch blocks for constructing storeyed building. We have seen a series of buildings collapse in our country. I don't really know, whether it is due to destitution or a modern pattern of building upstairs. Nairaland engineers, i want to know because i will build upstairs tomorrow. Thanks
Re: Is It Right To Use 4-6 Inch Blocks To Build An Upstairs? by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
u can use card board to partition if u wish but make sure your pillars/re-enforcements are over solid.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Use 4-6 Inch Blocks To Build An Upstairs? by mufutau55(m): 1:56am On Nov 07, 2014
I will advise using 9inch blocks at least for the Ground floor but better if used for both floors, for stability of the walls. You can use 6inch for partition.
But the most important thing in an upstairs building is the columns (pillars), make sure they are strong and strategically located as instructed by your Engineers. Pillars (columns) hold up the decking and the upper floor, not the blocks. Do it right the first time. Good luck.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Fairmont Hilltop Estate Land AIT Road Alagbado Lagos / How To Get C Of O In Lagos State - New Procedure / Plots Of Land For Sale At Barachel Park & Garden, Ikorodu. N500K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.