Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,003 members, 7,799,438 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations (101070 Views)

Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN / Obasanjo, Yaradua, Jonathan's Govts To Account For Recovered Loot- Court / See The Names Of Those Who Will Probe Yaradua And Jonathan's Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 6:27am On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
Guy figures don't LIE.
The Reserves APPRECIATED during Yar Adua's era when Oil Price was Increasing

The Reserve APPRECIATED during OBJ's era when Oil Price was soaring.

The Reserve is depleting in Jonathan's era despite increased Oil Price, relative High Production and the debt isn't helping.

Yar Adua only borrowed few Millions of Dollars during all this time. Jonathan has borrowed over 3 billion dollars. Leave Obasanjo out of this, he set the foundation, Yar Adua was building WHAT ABOUT JONATHAN? Are we progressing or retrogressing>?

I will probably take the advice of many here and stop debating with you because you certainly do not understand what you are talking about, you are just being aggressive for nothing.

I have given you the reason the depletion of external reserve that in 1 month after SLS left office, it grow by more than $1 billion. If you say that Buhari did well by not devaluing the Naira, please can you tell me how we would have defended the Naira against dollar if not either devaluing or defending with external reserve.

Like I told you from the previous debate, you just take argument everywhere just to win them. What is waste that is in this government that is not in other government? what is the percentage change in expenditures of this government year on year as against the previous governments?

You have no clue of what you are writing, i'm afraid

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 07, 2014
datolee:

I will probably take the advice of many here and stop debating with you because you certainly do not understand what you are talking about, you are just being aggressive for nothing.

I have given you the reason the depletion of external reserve that in 1 month after SLS left office, it grow by more than $1 billion. If you say that Buhari did well by not devaluing the Naira, please can you tell me how we would have defended the Naira against dollar if not either devaluing or defending with external reserve.

Like I told you from the previous debate, you just take argument everywhere just to win them. What is waste that is in this government that is not in other government? what is the percentage change in expenditures of this government year on year as against the previous governments?

You have no clue of what you are writing, i'm afraid
This guy is now becoming emotional. I have got more shocking things to give but I won't let it out yet. BYE BYE SHA!!!

Watch Out For PART 2 in coming days Because I am not done with this government....

#NigeriaNeedToKnow

22 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 6:32am On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
Guy figures don't LIE.

The Reserve APPRECIATED during OBJ's era when Oil Price was soaring from virtually nothing to something Tangible, while he paid $18 billion debts and cleared $12 billion

The Reserve is depleting in Jonathan's era despite increased Oil Price, relative High Production and the debt isn't helping.

Yar Adua only borrowed few Millions of Dollars during all this time. Jonathan has borrowed over 3 billion dollars. Leave Obasanjo out of this, he set the foundation, He Yar Adua was building WHAT ABOUT JONATHAN? Are we progressing or retrogressing>?

My question to you, If OBJ borrowed 3 billion, what did he do with it? why keep blabbing that GEJ is borrowing much when OBJ borrowed more than him? They are all in your supposed evidence or are you denying your own links?

The progression of Nigeria's expenditure has remained almost identical from 2004 up to 2011

Please follow this link http://www.slideshare.net/statisense/emperical-analysis-of-nigeria-budget turn the slid to page 11 and 12. It is crystal clear

24 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 07, 2014
If you want to start and argument, please do a little research so you can be able to sustain your line of argument or you should just give up. I repeat, there is no much difference in the progression of Nigeria's expenditure from 2004 to 2011 (Please people, look at this screenshot, keep your eyes on the allocation and % changes)

Final argument from me, from you OP you did agree that OBJ did borrow more than GEJ... and if you think OBJ didn't do bad in external debt, definitely, GEJ didn't as well

21 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 07, 2014
datolee:

My question to you, If OBJ borrowed 3 billion, what did he do with it? why keep blabbing that GEJ is borrowing much when OBJ borrowed more than him? They are all in your supposed evidence or are you denying your own links?

The progression of Nigeria's expenditure has remained almost identical from 2004 up to 2011

Please follow this link http://www.slideshare.net/statisense/emperical-analysis-of-nigeria-budget turn the slid to page 11 and 12. It is crystal clear
It is like you don't have anything to say Mr. Man. You keep saying expenditure expenditure, lemme get myself clear
barcanista:
Guy figures don't LIE.
The Reserve APPRECIATED during OBJ's era when Oil Price was soaring from virtually nothing to something Tangible, while he paid $18 billion debts and cleared $12 billion
Yar Adua only borrowed few Millions of Dollars during all this time. Jonathan has borrowed over 3 billion dollars. Leave Obasanjo out of this, he set the foundation, He Yar Adua was building WHAT ABOUT JONATHAN? Are we progressing or retrogressing>?
The Expenditure of Government was following the same pattern until 2011(Mind You Jonathan Started Handling The economy in 2010 May, though he worked on Musa's Budget).

Since 2011, Things started having a UPWARD Spending, from subsidy bills to Resurrent Expenditure to Corruption. In fact, Jonathan even removed subsidy partially and it didn't stop the Spending and borrowing despite enjoying relative HIGH OIL Price. The question is, What is the Justification? Where are the Monies Going To? Aren't we supposed to be progressing? But we are surely retrogressing under Jonathan.

I don't even know your Argument

20 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 6:40am On Nov 07, 2014
datolee:
If you want to start and argument, please do a little research so you can be able to sustain your line of argument or you should just give up. I repeat, there is no much difference in the progression of Nigeria's expenditure from 2004 to 2011 (Please people, look at this screenshot, keep your eyes on the allocation and % changes)

Final argument from me, from you OP you did agree that OBJ did borrow more than GEJ... and if you think OBJ didn't do bad in external debt, definitely, GEJ didn't as well
Mr. Man Jonathan took Over in 2010. Things Started Having a funny twist from 2011 till date. It is like you forget that we are in 2014. What is your point?

11 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by nawtyme: 6:40am On Nov 07, 2014
Barcanista I wonder what will happen if you argue with someone without been aggressive and insulting. You presented facts and datole also did. Where has he been aggressive towards that will make you always resort to abuse? You were a bit civil yesterday but have gone back to your usual self today. You don't win arguments been aggressive.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 6:43am On Nov 07, 2014
nawtyme:
Barcanista I wonder what will happen if you argue with someone without been aggressive and insulting. You presented facts and datole also did. Where has he been aggressive towards that will make you always resort to abuse? You were a bit civil yesterday but have gone back to your usual self today. You don't win arguments been aggressive.
Where is the insult here? Meanwhile I was first insulted. But that is a non issue. Datole hasn't responded to the issues. I see he's trying to cut corners though

8 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by 9jii(m): 6:44am On Nov 07, 2014
perez019:
Mr barcanista, what if GMB ends us losing the 2015 general election despite painting GEJ's adminisration bad?

Secondly, please give me 5 genuine reasons why I need to vote for GMB.
Awaiting your response Mr barcanista.
?

2 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by 9jii(m): 6:49am On Nov 07, 2014
nawtyme:
You are not following this argument with plain mind that's why you r feeling pressure.

8 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 07, 2014
Please can you show us the percentage change in spending year on year from OBJ to GEJ? I have shown you evidence, provided a screenshot that all the years, the increase has been identical.

Again what is your point really?

21 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 6:49am On Nov 07, 2014
I am still waiting why the sudden Increase of Everything Expenditure since Jonathan took over? Increased External Debt and Depleted Reserve despite enjoying relative Peace in the Niger Delta and Increased Oil Prices?

16 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Sibrah: 6:50am On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:

Meaning, Jonathan have access to more more money than Yar Adua, but he depleted the Foreign Reserve and Still Purge Us into Further Debt With NOTHING to show
Point of correction:With relatively little to show for it.

Add all the new economic figure they ve been 'pinging' us with and it is easy to see things clearly.

3 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 07, 2014
datolee:
Please can you show us the percentage change in spending year on year from OBJ to GEJ? I have shown you evidence, provided a screenshot that all the years, the increase has been identical.

Again what is your point really?
Mr. Man your "evidence" was till 2011. Jonathan Presided over 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Budgets... Let me bring what Oby said...

Obiageli Ezekwesille Last January 2013 FG (Especially Jonathan's) of destroying our Reserve and Plunging us into Further External Debt. Your Government disagrees, she blasted them and asked them for a Open Parliamentary debate, NOT EVEN the Finance Minister or the CBN Governor Responded

Her Accusation: January 2013 http://www.channelstv.com/2013/01/28/you-wasted-n458-billion-as-minister-fg-replies-ezekwesili-allegation-of-fraud/

FG hit Back(But stylishly admitted k-leg): http://thenationonlineng.net/new/67b-reserves-fed-govt-hits-back-at-ezekwesili/

Oby Ezeks Challenged An Open Debate, NO one responded: http://www.informationng.com/2013/03/tell-nigerians-the-truth-about-our-foreign-reserves-ezekwesili-challenges-sanusi-fg-again.html

12 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 7:02am On Nov 07, 2014
Hello...
barcanista:
Mr. Man your "evidence" was till 2011. Jonathan Presided over 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Budgets... Let me bring what Oby said...
Obiageli Ezekwesille Last January 2013 FG (Especially Jonathan's) of destroying our Reserve and Plunging us into Further External Debt. Your Government disagrees, she blasted them and asked them for a Open Parliamentary debate, NOT EVEN the Finance Minister or the CBN Governor Responded
Her Accusation: January 2013 http://www.channelstv.com/2013/01/28/you-wasted-n458-billion-as-minister-fg-replies-ezekwesili-allegation-of-fraud/
FG hit Back(But stylishly admitted k-leg): http://thenationonlineng.net/new/67b-reserves-fed-govt-hits-back-at-ezekwesili/
Oby Ezeks Challenged An Open Debate, NO one responded: http://www.informationng.com/2013/03/tell-nigerians-the-truth-about-our-foreign-reserves-ezekwesili-challenges-sanusi-fg-again.html

8 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:

Obiageli Ezekwesille Last January 2013 FG (Especially Jonathan's) of destroying our Reserve and Plunging us into Further External Debt. Your Government disagrees, she blasted them and asked them for a Open Parliamentary debate, NOT EVEN the Finance Minister Responded

Here is a link to analysis of 2012 budget, i will come up with the 2013 and 2014.. by the way, GEJ started from 2009

http://www.proshareng.com/news/18533/Nigeria-An-Analysis-of-the-2013-Budget

To the question of External reserve, Oby asked a question, SLS responded that the external reserve was used to defend the Naira.. please can you tell us the uses of country's external reserve? The question will be, have Naira been under pressure recently, the answer is yes

Did IMF recommend that we devalue the naira? answer is yes

what is alternative to not devaluing the naira? the simple answer is using your external reserve to defend your weak curreny

Really arguing with you is stressful. I have better things to do.

35 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
Hello...

Here is the response of the FG, just a part of it

“However, since President Obasanjo left office, the reserves have experienced fluctuations, rising from $43.13 billion in May 2007, peaking at $62 billion in September 2008 during the Yar’Adua/Jonathan Administration when oil prices peaked at $147 per barrel, and falling subsequently to a low of $31.7 in September 2011.”
Maku added: “This fall in reserves was a result of the vicissitudes of the global financial crisis which caused CBN interventions in the currency market to defend the value of the naira.

What is k-leg here? I have asked you the same question, was Naira under pressure due to global financial crisis? Did CBN use the external reserve to defend the Naira instead of devaluing the naira as recommended by IMF?

You argument really lack merit and it's hereby dismissed grin grin grin

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by jmaine: 7:22am On Nov 07, 2014
Crunchy Datolee . . . .your zest and guile in intellectual matters is impressive . . .

Keep it up . . . . 2015 is an interesting year grin

29 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 7:23am On Nov 07, 2014
datolee:

Here is a link to analysis of 2012 budget, i will come up with the 2013 and 2014.. by the way, GEJ started from 2009

To the question of External reserve, Oby asked a question, SLS responded that the external reserve was used to defend the Naira.. please can you tell us the uses of country's external reserve? The question will be, have Naira been under pressure recently, the answer is yes

what is alternative to not devaluing the naira? the simple answer is using your external reserve to defend your weak curreny

My friend, I am not a newbie in this thing.

1. You said Goodluck started 2009, THAT IS A FAT LIE!!! Yar Adua was in Power in 2009 until he fell ill on 23 November 2009

2. Jonathan started overseeing the government till February 2010.

3. Jonathan took over on February 2010 as ACting President

4. Jonathan was sworn in as substantive President on May 18, 2010

5. Goodluck Actually Prepared the budget from 2010

18 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 07, 2014
datolee:

“However, since President Obasanjo left office, the reserves have experienced fluctuations, rising from $43.13 billion in May 2007, peaking at $62 billion in September 2008 during the Yar’Adua/Jonathan Administration when oil prices peaked at $147 per barrel, and falling subsequently to a low of $31.7 in September 2011.”
Maku added: “This fall in reserves was a result of the vicissitudes of the global financial crisis which caused CBN interventions in the currency market to defend the value of the naira.

What is k-leg here? I have asked you the same question, was Naira under pressure due to global financial crisis? Did CBN use the external reserve to defend the Naira instead of devaluing the naira as recommended by IMF?

My friend did you read the whole link? You seem to be on selective reading. You were giving 3 links, I deliberately provided link to FG's response so as not be be seen as biased, but you choose to ignore the content of the first and the last and pick holes using FG.
Remember, you LIED that Jonathan prepared 2009 budget until I exposed the lie.
Let me tell you since you don't know, Oby was part of the Tink-thank that marshalled our economy during Obj's regime.

You should say you want to run rather than use the crossed. Remember, we need to go fact for fact.
PLEASE do not derail. Beside, Madam Oby CHALLENGED the FG to a Parliamentary debate to expose their lies, No one responded till date
http://www.informationng.com/2013/03/tell-nigerians-the-truth-about-our-foreign-reserves-ezekwesili-challenges-sanusi-fg-again.html

13 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Descartes: 7:29am On Nov 07, 2014
datolee:

I can see the maturity in your responses so far. Keep it up.

23 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Descartes: 7:35am On Nov 07, 2014
datolee:

Hmmm... Never you wake up a sleeping lion. This dude is firing from all cylinders. grincheesygrin

21 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by udemzyudex(m): 7:41am On Nov 07, 2014
Lol.... These guys are doing everything possible to bring back their lost glory,thats if they ever have one.....

I just dey observe....

1 Like

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 07, 2014
NIGERIA BUDGET UNDER Obasanjo, YAR ADUA AND JONATHAN.
OBASANJO
2005.. N1.8trn
2006.. 1.9 trn
2007.. 2.3 trn

He left foreign reserve from less than 2 billion to 45 billon dollars and our debt was reduced from 30billion to 3 billion dollars. Despite the Oil Price

Yar Adua...

2008... N3.5trn
2009... N3.7trn

Pause: There was downwad in Oil Price, Plus he restored the subsidy removed by Obasanjo. He still left a Good fortune in the reserve and had a almost zero external debt(on his own)

Jonathan

2010... 4.6 trn

2012... 4.48 trn

2012... 4.7 trn

2013... 4.99 trillion

2014... Over 5 trillion

Pause: Jonathan enjoyed increased oil price, he partially removed subsidy, yet the country's debt was increased by almost 3b dollars and our reserve heveily depleted. On a very good ground, the reserve should be soaring High.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/fg-states-lgas-squander-n80-trn-in-9-years/

cc: Omenka Obiagelli Berem egift

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Abok1(m): 7:47am On Nov 07, 2014

I am not surprised at the characteristics and underlying traits inherent in most of the individuals making spontaneous panegyric eulogy about GEJ are persons with underlying tendencies to be ventripotent, I wonder who as an individual would entrust their public image to a quomodocunquized person who's integrity is non-existing to say the least.

Apart from Datolee, who sounds enlightened and factual, the others consistently make an effeminate attempt at objectivity which constantly shows that they are (without mincing words) "classless"

While defending the GEJ government is an exercise in futility, I would still applaud the few pundits trying to do so. @Datolee keeps on harping on year on year expenditure as a reason why the GEJ government is performing, without being candid on the variables playing significant roles in the different administrations. The simple reason why GEJ failed is because the underlying performance vis-à-vis the accrued income from production has significantly increased during his tenure, when compared to his predecessors. The question is, why should GEJ be aiming to match the OBJ administration which had the militants blowing up pipelines thereby reducing production, and a lower price of the crude oil as a result of a world still suffering the effects of the global recession?

Military:
One of the numerous lies being touted by the TANoids is that Jonathan had to borrow some funds to tackle Boko Haram, but on closer inspection, we realise that most of the monies allocated are just mere façade with nothing tangible to show for it. How else do we explain the budgeting of over $2Billion without any major acquisition so far with regards to the hardware procurement?

Obasanjo purchased 15 Chinese Chengdu F-7s, at a cost of approx. $7 million per unit, GEJ hasn't purchased any meaningful asset for the NAF since he was sworn in, apart from allocating funds for increasing the presidential air fleet and the acquisition of VIP transport equipments. The recent delivery of the mi-35m hind helicopters were from a previous agreement and not part of the $2Billion emergency allocation. In order to hoodwink the unsuspecting masses, a shady deal was schemed with a religious leader and the SA government, to make us think that they are making use of the funds.

Okay, $15 million was seized by the S.A government(which has been released), this still leaves a massive $1.995 Billion unaccounted for. The Russian ambassador came out to say that Nigeria should be specific with what they want from the Russian government with regards to hardware for our military, till now nothing has been done. It is either GEJ is clueless or someone is comfortable with maintaining the status-quo with regards to the insurgency situation.

Power:
Obasanjo, though not an ideal example on accountability when compared to the standards which this nation should aspire to attain, made some giant strides with tackling the situation. The major problem during his time was the over-inflated contracts and so on. But in his defence, he laid the foundations for approximately 70% or more of the power projects currently being claimed by the present administration.

Source: http://constructionreviewonline.com/2014/09/02/power-equipment-released-nigeria-ports-help-boost-power-supply/

From the source provided, over 248 containers of needed equipments to complete the various power projects have been stuck in the ports for 11 years. Even with the groundwork done by the OBJ and Yaradua administrations, GEJ cannot improve the power situation in the country if his life depends on it. This shows that something is fundamentally wrong with his administration with regards to implementation of budgetary allocations.

Infrastructure:
Lagos - Ibadan express way:

The FG came out early this year to state that they won't be making concessions on this project, which I personally feel is a good move. This revelation was questioned by analysts, citing the non-existence of allocation for this project in the National budget for the year. As usual, no plausible explanation has been given as to how GEJ would magically get the funds to prosecute this project.

2nd Niger Bridge:
Same scenario as the Ibadan express way; In fact, the GEJ administration and others before him has made it a tradition to always mention this project in their campaigns in order to gain more votes from the eastern part of the country.

We were made to believe that the money saved from the removal of subsidy from the petrol would go into SURE-P as "palliatives", I am yet to see anyone stating that they've seen any of these buses in their area, unless the buses are invisible or microscopic.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 07, 2014
Abok1
Apart from Datolee, who sounds enlightened and factual, the others consistently make an effeminate attempt at objectivity which constantly shows that they are (without mincing words) "classless"
Unfortunately, he is beating about the bush and trying to derail while I am determined to keep him to task. No amount of TAN hailing will weaken me.

8 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 07, 2014
Descartes:
Hmmm... Never you wake up a sleeping lion. This dude is firing from all cylinders. grincheesygrin
as usual..... senseless

9 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Djicemob: 7:54am On Nov 07, 2014
I can see niggaz been schooled with their own arguments and links. 2Thumbs up datolee.

14 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 07, 2014
Still waiting Sir
datolee:

My friend did you read the whole link? You seem to be on selective reading. You were giving 3 links, I deliberately provided link to FG's response so as not be be seen as biased, but you choose to ignore the content of the first and the last and pick holes using FG.
Remember, you LIED that Jonathan prepared 2009 budget until I exposed the lie.
Let me tell you since you don't know, Oby was part of the Tink-thank that marshalled our economy during Obj's regime.

You should say you want to run rather than use the crossed. Remember, we need to go fact for fact.
PLEASE do not derail. Beside, Madam Oby CHALLENGED the FG to a Parliamentary debate to expose their lies, No one responded till date
http://www.informationng.com/2013/03/tell-nigerians-the-truth-about-our-foreign-reserves-ezekwesili-challenges-sanusi-fg-again.html

2 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Djicemob: 8:00am On Nov 07, 2014
At this juncture, we the progressives better call for backup angry

grin

12 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 07, 2014
Djicemob:
At this juncture, we the progressives better call for backup angry

grin
Sarcasm I guess

7 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
NIGERIA BUDGET UNDER YAR ADUA AND JONATHAN.
OBASANJO
2005.. N1.8trn
2006.. 1.9 trn
2007.. 2.3 trn

He left foreign reserve from less than 2 billion to 45 billon dollars and our debt was reduced from 30billion to 3 billion dollars. Despite the Oil Price

Yar Adua...

2008... N3.5trn
2009... N3.7trn

Pause: There was downwad in Oil Price, Plus he restored the subsidy removed by Obasanjo. He still left a Good fortune in the reserve and had a almost zero external debt(on his own)

Jonathan

2010... 4.6 trn

2012... 4.48 trn

2012... 4.7 trn

2013... 4.99 trillion

2014... Over 5 trillion

Pause: Jonathan enjoyed increased oil price, he partially removed subsidy, yet the country's debt was increased by almost 3b dollars and our reserve heveily depleted. On a very good ground, the reserve should be soaring High.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/fg-states-lgas-squander-n80-trn-in-9-years/

Again your line of argument is what i do not understand. What is unusual in the progression of the budget? can we do it by percentage or number? So lets do the difference and see the anomaly

2005 - 2006 = +100 billion

2006 - 2007 = + 400 billion

2007 - 2008 = +1.2 trillion

2008 - 2009 = +200 billion

2009 - 2010 = + 900 billion

2010 - 2011 = (-) 120 billion

2011 - 2012 = +220 billion

2012 - 2013 = +290 billion

Please Barcanista, check these and tell me where the anomaly is

Yaradua increased the budget the most, GEJ was the only governemtn that had decrease in budgeting from the preceding year. Now this is your link, please tell us what you see there that make GEJ this bad

I don't mean to laugh, but please don't dig your own grave... grin

27 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Buhari Is Not Nigeria's Problem – Zahra Buhari Shares Mansurah Isah's Post / Yoruba And Hausa Fight In Mile 12 Lagos (Graphic Photos) / Video Of Peter Obi’s Son, Gregory Oseloka As An Actor In US Sparks Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.