Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,726 members, 7,805,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Already Frustrated With My New Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Already Frustrated With My New Job (31348 Views)

... / New Job Vacancies (entry Level) / Six Years After School, No Job Yet. He Is Frustrated & Confused, Pls Advice Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by Infoay: 7:24am On Nov 08, 2014
Your point number 4 strikes a chord in me and that is the reason why I am still very hopeful regardless of my present situations. Thank you..... I am further encouraged!
RockMaxi:
@dvdon, I didn't get your frustration? Useful advice have been given in some of the responses but one important thing is what is the God factor in this your situation.
The present dissatisfaction could be a temporary one, have you taken time to brief the person that linked you on this development.
That the gross is above 100k should not even be any reason to stay or leave but the most important question to ask is
1. Can you cope with the job requirement(though that is the problem now)
2. Any opportunity in the company in the nearest 6-12months.
3. Will it add value to your CV.
4. Have you discussed with the owner of your future(God).
I will advice you make yourself available and get acquainted with the big ogas that run things in the organization.
Technical support coordinator today could become
Chief Technical Officer tomorrow only with a positive attitude. Cheers. smiley

1 Like

Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by snadguy007(m): 7:28am On Nov 08, 2014
....And the Op deactivates account.
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by xthwonder(m): 7:29am On Nov 08, 2014

In fact, that was my mistake. I signed it thinking that it was not the discovered job because the name was changed and they lied to me that I will work with the team n the job is strictly for engineers. Only for me to discover that I am the only person holding that position, in fact the previous holder resigned and wasn't an engineer. I also found out along the line that the position was never for engineers which I was informed by one of the reasonable engineer I serve in the office.

I think the needed an engineer or a science person n this time a graduate so that the person can easily flow with their pace.
U r a ompany messenger who recieves above 100k whih I presume should be more than ur previous salary and u are here complaining about dignity, resign, then go home and feed ur self with ur dignity. I nor know why these nairalanders dey sorry for u.
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by electropiz(m): 7:34am On Nov 08, 2014
U nailed it, op Drop ur ego, if the pay of the new job is better n develops ur career what are u complaining ABT?
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by adebayosun02: 7:46am On Nov 08, 2014
Only if you care to listen, all those moves by your coworkers is simply a test by/from your employer. If you can endure you will soon post a sweet new topic here.I had a similarly experience bro, I am always cool, calm n happy with my job as a freelancer not knowing I was been studied by my would be Bose, when the opening presented itself he placed me in a Federal job. So pray for grace of GOD to sail through this period.

Please my people of nairaland, I need your advice on what step to take on this situation.

Please no insults, I just need an advice.
I am an engineer by profession, I worked as a consultant in a company some years back until I got this present job. Truth be told I was happy when I was called for an interview in a much bigger company where I presumed I will make a career. First I remember I submitted my CV to a friend who promised to hook me up with a better job, and sometime this year he called to advice I study for a test but refused to tell me the company n type of test I should prepare for. To cut off the long story, sometime last month, I was called in for an interview for the proposed job, I was elated and took an undermined risk of travelling for the interview. On reaching the office the next day, I was impressed at the company and the level of organisation in the company. I was interviewed, I performed and I was told that I will be briefed when I resume. Waow I already got the job which was what I told myself because of the way I saw how impressed the interviewers looked. Finally I got the job with an offer of below a hundred and forty thousand as gross salary, I later realized that I was employed as an office assistant, me an engineer a formal manager and to grease the elbow, it was stated in my offer letter and I was to serve a dozen of young engineers in my office. I resumed with total equality but realised that I was way below the food chain and the young stars didn't waste time to clear me on that. One of them yesterday even told me I would help him make some deposit at d bank and all that, and even went on to say that it was part of my job description. Now I know I don't have to envy which is non of my business, it's already 14 days into the job and I feel my dignity has been tramped and I may not have a quick rise here. Let me halt here but will share more ordeal I have passed through in this few days if you care.

Please I just need to know what you people think and what you have to advice either for me to get out of this situation or another.
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by egopersonified(f): 7:53am On Nov 08, 2014
Dear op, nobody, job, location, friend, etc can give you happiness and satisfaction, you alone determine that. This is the time to prove to yourself what you are made of, who says there wont be other openings in your new coy tmrr? Show them that you are more than this job description, learn the jobs of your colleagues, volunteer to do their duties when they go on their annual leave and do the job better than they did it, so when they resume, there is always a difference felt. Do whatever you are asked without any grudge, do more for your coy and colleagues than they deserve, let them begin to ask you why you love this your position so much. This is exactly how I got to where I am today. Try all these and also keep looking for better opportunities outside too.

1 Like

Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by addictiv(m): 7:56am On Nov 08, 2014
Job = modern day slavery......no matter how colourful it is n glorified the pay looks....

1 Like

Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by uboma(m): 7:58am On Nov 08, 2014
babyosisi:

I can't believe that someone can be 419ed into a job in Nigeria grin
Isn't this how they take young women to Europe with promise of jobs plaiting and braiding hair only for them to find out it is ashawo limited

I read through the op's story and i must say something is amis somewhere. the op isnt being entirely sincere. was it possible that during the interview, he had no idea what the position was? Even if he was deceived by the company as he claims which i really doubt, did he not sign an offer letter stating in terms the position being offered to him and his job description? I just dont believe the op. Maybe he deactivated his account because his story wasnt really convincing enough.

2 Likes

Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by doctokwus: 7:59am On Nov 08, 2014
adebayosun02:
Only if you care to listen, all those moves by your coworkers is simply a test by/from your employer.

So his fellow engineers sending him on bank deposit& other mundane errands is also a test frm his employer?
This is a tricky situation bc eventhough d op ddnt provide details of his former employment,it seems dis new pay is higher & he clearly knew wat he was going into b4 taking up d appointment.
To me,op,u let urself belittled by taking up dis job.What u can do now is just brace up,target ur first pay& get out.Some pple here are all going about d mony,if u leave u wud starve etc,but many don't know d longterm emotional and pychological damage an unhappy employment does to an individual;no amt of mony can quantify it.Get ur first pay frm dem and use d period after u quit to luk for a happier place to work,u wud b surprised what d motivation of lack of employment can push u to achieve and places u wud determinely seek employment from.
Never stay in an unhappy environment,its not worth d pay.

3 Likes

Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by eleko1: 8:00am On Nov 08, 2014
@Op,pls never give Up,there's alway light @the end of a tunnel.I was once in such situation during my sojourn in banking world.Perseverance pay,humble Urself,do whatever they tell U to do.As God lives,whom U serve,Ur lifting/Light has come.I believe U'll be distinguish.The same God that enthrone King David in Egypt will surely do Urs.U dnt need to complain to any man,take it up with Ur God and see UR DAYSTAR RISE/SHINE.The TOP is Reserved for U there.
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by Amokwe(m): 8:02am On Nov 08, 2014
Its another form of interviewing process TESTING your ATTITUDE, you could be the best engineer with a bad attitude and no company wants such, patience man, things will turn out well.
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:02am On Nov 08, 2014
Some people are looking for one, them never see. Yu still dey do shakara with the one wey yu see. SMH

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by xthwonder(m): 8:06am On Nov 08, 2014
kazmanbanjoko:
Some people are looking for one, them never see. Yu still dey do shakara with the one wey yu see. SMH
Nor mind am! I didn't aee where he said anyone of the engineers said "suck my dyck" and he dey complain
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by nwaobitex: 8:19am On Nov 08, 2014
Eyah
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 08, 2014
Please my people of nairaland, I need your advice on what step to take on this situation.

I am an engineer by profession, I worked as a consultant in a company some years back until I got this present job. Truth be told I was happy when I was called for an interview in a much bigger company where I presumed I will make a career. First I remember I submitted my CV to a friend who promised to hook me up with a better job, and sometime this year he called to advice I study for a test but refused to tell me the company n type of test I should prepare for. To cut off the long story, sometime last month, I was called in for an interview for the proposed job, I was elated and took an undermined risk of travelling for the interview. On reaching the office the next day, I was impressed at the company and the level of organisation in the company. I was interviewed, I performed and I was told that I will be briefed when I resume. Waow I already got the job which was what I told myself because of the way I saw how impressed the interviewers looked. Finally I got the job with an offer of below a hundred and forty thousand as gross salary, I later realized that I was employed as an office assistant, me an engineer a formal manager and to grease the elbow, it was stated in my offer letter and I was to serve a dozen of young engineers in my office. I resumed with total equality but realised that I was way below the food chain and the young stars didn't waste time to clear me on that. One of them yesterday even told me I would help him make some deposit at d bank and all that, and even went on to say that it was part of my job description. Now I know I don't have to envy which is non of my business, it's already 14 days into the job and I feel my dignity has been tramped and I may not have a quick rise here. Let me halt here but will share more ordeal I have passed through in this few days if you care.

Please I just need to know what you people think and what you have to advice either for me to get out of this situation or another.
pls quit the job and let me replace u..i beg u.... That place is not for u.. Its for me..
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by bosunjohns(m): 8:32am On Nov 08, 2014
Victorakats:
Here i am frustrated that as an engineer i am still at home watching BBA hotshots without even securing a teaching offer...in lagos
infact i resolved to even volunteer for free only if i can leave my house and gain some experience in the oil and gas industry which is the course i studied

And i read this and for a moment i paused to ask myself if i really want this kind of offer.
To be candid with you dear,i do not compromise my happiness in anything i do.
The reason is because over time an unhappy,unfulfilled heart will degenerate to depression and that will be catastrophic both to yourself and to those around you.

My views may not be the best, as i write i dont even have 1k in my account but i will tell you this, dont remain in any firm where you are abused in the name of job offer.
Money isnt what you should pursue, self development and self improvement should rank topmost.

It maybe crazy but until you step out you wont get a better offer.

Another route to this is to build relationship with some of the staff and seek avenue to be promoted to your desired department.
This second option will mean that you'll have to forget your degree and focus on serving them and expect a favourable outcome in the end.

Sorry for the frustration...
I hope you take it easy on yourself please.
Your life is worth more than any amount any company can offer.
Preserve your life!

1 Like

Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by sampark201: 8:45am On Nov 08, 2014
Everyone have the right words, you should know we are all humans and God has a reason for doing things am not trying to be religious here , but may be you self get your own for body and God don see am say before him carry you go up , may be him wan change one attitude for your body , who knows. just keep calm and study the job, learn how to be loyal and may be God himself is working on your Anger problem if you have any, or something else, patience my man you are not there for the pay... they always say act like a fool to get what you want .Try to go off the :"RAT RACE"
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by blaise26abj(m): 8:55am On Nov 08, 2014
@ OP and everyone

The 1st cardinal rule in picking up a new job that u are not sure about is never to resign in your old company. Take a leave for 1 week in your old company to have a feel of what is expected of you in the new company. If you don't like it there, u can take a walk. Most new "unconfirmed" recruits have lenient terms for resignation.

OP- Experienced professionals should NEVER take a downward step in job description. It destroys your marketability. What kind of experience will u say u have in your next interview ? If u had a reasonable boss in your former company, approach him/her and return to the company asap because u might spend the rest of your career serving coffee and going to banks. Job dissatisfaction will give u high blood pressure.

My advice is move heaven and earth to return to your former company. That role is not for you.

1 Like

Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by zizz(f): 8:57am On Nov 08, 2014
rattlesnake:
Cos u were already frustrated before u even got the job undecided....the love of money is the root of allllllllll
F
R
U
S
T
R
A
Tion...

Now u an engineer turned messenger

Chaiiii....and we are blaming ebele musa....anyway sha

Just do the job till u get another

No sense reminds me of the word 'oponu oshi'
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by rattlesnake(m): 9:17am On Nov 08, 2014
zizz:

No sense reminds me of the word 'oponu oshi'

is that Ur husbands name?
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by zizz(f): 9:47am On Nov 08, 2014
rattlesnake:
is that Ur husbands name?
No dear just simply what the words in quote reminds me of.
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by uceeye(f): 9:53am On Nov 08, 2014
[quote]Please my people of nairaland, I need your advice on what step to take on this situation.

Please I just need to know what you people think and what you have to advice either for me to get out of this situation or anothe
r. [/quote
Humility pays indeed. Just continue the job but as u continue, strive to submit ur CV to other organisations. Its just for a while, and u will receive a call from another organisation. Just take it easy. God knows the best.
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by GboyegaD(m): 9:59am On Nov 08, 2014
Have you tried talking to the recruitment/ onboarding manager? Politely ask why the position you were interviewed for seems different from what though are offered.

1 Like

Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by bigtt76(f): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2014
Hmmm ....when you have a username 'Nobody' definitely you will be treated as nobody naaa grin

1 Like

Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by littlemistress: 10:37am On Nov 08, 2014
Found myself in a similar situation, someone who's less qualified than I am, earns more than me & does less job. But in my case, money is not what drives me. I've got bigger dreams. Dear Op., consider your options. Best of luck
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by gungab(m): 10:43am On Nov 08, 2014
According to maslow hierarchy of need.... your self esteem should come last in as much other need is satisfied. Thanks
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by bravolad(m): 10:58am On Nov 08, 2014
Ego & self esteem do not carry out your job function rather competence & hardwork do. I have worked in an Organization where certain members of staff who were less competent where well ahead of some of us in terms of position & pay. But I can assure you, they did not last because the core functions were carried out by us...by the time it became obvious, they did not only loose their jobs but we were promoted and placed on the right salary.

Personally, your competence at the job should take priority over qualification. If your employment presents the company with value add, sooner or later, you will be promoted.
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by smartoliver(m): 11:35am On Nov 08, 2014
Be a bit patient,there's another opportunity somewhere,try hooking up and don't let the frustration get to ur head!God bless

1 Like

Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by taif(f): 11:43am On Nov 08, 2014
i have similar experience but i never let it affect me.i just assume suppose am in abroad and over such job wont i do it?of cause i will.but thank God still in d same work but now upper position all my frnd dt were making gest of me are now thanking God for wishing they werein my shoe.believe me i totaly humble myself and pray alot.but now is story.
Re: Already Frustrated With My New Job by hugoart(m): 11:48am On Nov 08, 2014
Guy,talk to a lawyer NOW. You might have been deceived.

You didn't become an engineer to do houseboy work.
Approach a manager and hold a position.
It's those who take decisive views that become great.
Careful with your self-esteem,don't allow anyone trample on it.

Secretly start looking for a dignifying job.
When you get it,leave abruptly.
Then they'll know they shouldn't deceive the next person.

Talk to a lawyer now.You might have been deceived. I'm no lawyer though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Much Does NPC Pays Their Adhoc Staff? / Entry Level Graduate Recruitment At Etisalat, February 2017 / Cleaner Lagos Initiative Begins Staff Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.