Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 PM

Webmasters Section Is Dying - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webmasters Section Is Dying (3553 Views)

The Webmaster Section Is The Most Boring On Nairaland / Tutorials In Webmasters Section / Seun, The Webmasters Section Is Becoming Loathsome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
*Coughs* okay, okay, you win - guess i should stop criticizing wapka, but i have seen some real good wakpa sites like kaynet's for example.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2014
dhtml18:
*Coughs* okay, okay, you win - guess i should stop criticizing wapka, but i have seen some real good wakpa sites like kaynet's for example.

Okay.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
dhtml18:
Maybe this topic will hit frontpage, as the best topic in a long time - other trending topics are wapkastuffs, blogging and other wanna-be webmasters.
u can yab bloggers for all I care but dont even go to the wapka part it involves a lot of coding too u know.

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by adewasco2k(m): 1:20pm On Nov 08, 2014
Naijazoom:

Dhtml bro, stop criticising Wapka! that is n0t a language but a builder okay. i'm not attacking you bro, i've read s0me of y0ur c0mments regarding Wapka to be a bit "Critic? wapka supports javascripting(Jquery, Ajax) and HTML/CSS that is en0ugh for any webdeveloper. I got approved for adsense with my responsive wapka site. shows you how my little knowledge of client side scripting (Jquery Mostly) can make me do any trick i want. remember this quote: "Everyone is A Noob. But Some Noobs Are Just Better" i think nairaland should stiffen up the webmasters section rules on type of threads that should be created, these should'nt be a "Blog Review Section", "Help ME" etc.. google can answer those questi0ns for all of us. these should be a section for Learning and Sharing Ideas. if you want to know how to code PHP download an Ebook. and also not a section to claim like a "Know It All"
Adewasko, should i write Rules for these sect? :p

bro i toally understand you but asking for reviews is okay only that most webmasters will not even care to do a review if they see that the project looks just good outwardly, they only want to criticize projects not well done.

if i am to review a website, i will check the layout, color, font, features implementations and most importantly the security as it applies but most just wan to see a responsive site and good color.

if you can conme up with rules that will help review the section then surely it will be looked at and adopted if its gonna be helpful
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2014
adewasco2k:

bro i toally understand you but asking for reviews is okay only that most webmasters will not even care to do a review if they see that the project looks just good outwardly, they only want to criticize projects not well done.

if i am to review a website, i will check the layout, color, font, features implementations and most importantly the security as it applies but most just wan to see a responsive site and good color.

if you can conme up with rules that will help review the section then surely it will be looked at and adopted if its gonna be helpful

Okay sir "removed the Review", how do i give you a read? so you can publish the rules? i.e should i mail it to you? so that you can make corrections and adjustment.. i have pretty good writing skills.. waiting for your reply.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by adewasco2k(m): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
Naijazoom:

Okay sir "removed the Review", how do i give you a read? so you can publish the rules? i.e should i mail it to you? so that you can make corrections and adjustment.. i have pretty good writing skills.. waiting for your reply.

mail to me sir
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 08, 2014
Naijazoom:

Dhtml bro, stop criticising Wapka! that is n0t a language but a builder okay. i'm not attacking you bro, i've read s0me of y0ur c0mments regarding Wapka to be a bit "Critic? wapka supports javascripting(Jquery, Ajax) and HTML/CSS that is en0ugh for any webdeveloper. I got approved for adsense with my responsive wapka site. shows you how my little knowledge of client side scripting (Jquery Mostly) can make me do any trick i want. remember this quote: "Everyone is A Noob. But Some Noobs Are Just Better" i think nairaland should stiffen up the webmasters section rules on type of threads that should be created, these should'nt be a "Blog Review Section", "Help ME" etc.. google can answer those questi0ns for all of us. these should be a section for Learning and Sharing Ideas. if you want to know how to code PHP download an Ebook. and also not a section to claim like a "Know It All"
Adewasko, should i write Rules for these sect? :p
Am really getting confused.
I see wapka as a dirty language due to the way some peeps design their sites with it.
Of course your site is outstanding.

This question is directed to you:

Can I create a website with HTML/CSS?
What's the diff BTW HTML and JavaScript.?
Can I create a website with c++?

Am asking you this because I'm about toping my game by learning all this languages.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 08, 2014
adewasco2k:

mail to me sir

Done that Sire, waiting for Approval and comments grin
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
post=27834572:
Am really getting confused.
I see wapka as a dirty language due to the way some peeps design their sites with it.
Of course your site is outstanding.

This question is directed to you:

Can I create a website with HTML/CSS?
What's the diff BTW HTML and JavaScript.?
Can I create a website with c++?

Am asking you this because I'm about toping my game by learning all this languages.

Sorry for late reply, i was writing m s0mething.

you can design a cool resp0nsive and beautiful site with HTML/CSS Alone, but to make your website more interactive and function filled thatz when scripting takes hold. simply, HTML is a markup language and thus, not a programming language, Css is used in styling, more like an artist with his paint brush, mastering HTML/CSS doesn't make you a c0mplete web developer(webmaster). hence javaScript is a Scripting language that tells the browser what and how pages should work once a button is clicked, a page is loaded etc.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 08, 2014
Like i said earlier, markup(html), styling(css), and scripting(javaScript) are supported by all web browsers. C++ does not relates to the web, itz 0nly used to write softwares and c0mputer programs(applications) and it involves compilation etc (it is very hard to learn just like JAVA). C++ can't run on browsers so it can be used for webdevelopment. all languages/script used in the web has their extentions such that the browsers can read just like .jar for java phones, .apk for andriod, .sis for symbian etc e.g
www.naijazoom.com/index.html (HTML)

www.naijazoom.com/index.php (PHP)

www.naijazoom.com/styles.css (CSS)

www.naijazoom.xtgem.com/cookie.js (i'm using xtgem as my javaScript Libary to minimize page load)

Hope you n0w understand.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by adewasco2k(m): 5:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
Naijazoom:

Done that Sire, waiting for Approval and comments grin

Thanks, seen and i will revert soon
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 08, 2014
Naijazoom:

Sorry for late reply, i was writing m s0mething.

you can design a cool resp0nsive and beautiful site with HTML/CSS Alone, but to make your website more interactive and function filled thatz when scripting takes hold. simply, HTML is a markup language and thus, not a programming language, Css is used in styling, more like an artist with his paint brush, mastering HTML/CSS doesn't make you a c0mplete web developer(webmaster). hence javaScript is a Scripting language that tells the browser what and how pages should work once a button is clicked, a page is loaded etc.

thank u... Àm about to code Nairaland homepage with my Lil knowledge of HTML/CSS ... Will show ya d screenshot.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 08, 2014
post=27838707:
thank u... Àm about to code Nairaland homepage with my Lil knowledge of HTML/CSS ... Will show ya d screenshot.

Ok yeah it's possible just to clone the page.. you can look up the source code to learn more and experiment on it.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 08, 2014
adewasco2k:

Thanks, seen and i will revert soon

Thanks for your Goodness of heart and willingness to improve your secti0n. not many mods are wise en0ugh to take steps to better their forum.. #thumbsUP
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by zeroshadow: 6:48pm On Nov 08, 2014
^^^Thread derailers... What happened to PM.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 08, 2014
Naijazoom:

Ok yeah it's possible just to clone the page.. you can look up the source code to learn more and experiment on it.
unfortunately my mobile HTML app doesn't support CSS for styling.

Hey, review my blog .. Am about applying for AdSense. Why are u not on whatsap?
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 08, 2014
Khaynet:

u can yab bloggers for all I care but dont even go to the wapka part it involves a lot of coding too u know.
Dont let us derail the thread, i no get power to fight again - i don old for nairaland - or we would have started battle of wakpamasters vs webmasters. . .
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 08, 2014
dhtml18:

Dont let us derail the thread, i no get power to fight again - i don old for nairaland - or we would have started battle of wakpamasters vs webmasters. . .

Lol bro, wapka is a builder that supports HTML, CSS & JS. a person using wapka builder to write Html and Css codes is called a webmaster. Can you call a wordpress user a wordmaster? So you have to understand.. wink
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
post=27840106:
unfortunately my mobile HTML app doesn't support CSS for styling.

Hey, review my blog .. Am about applying for AdSense. Why are u not on whatsap?

your site contains everything AdSense hates (copyrighted materials, not mobile friendly). try to remove all those and add fresh contents. Thanks.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 08, 2014
dhtml18:

Lol.....ok
lets keep this for another time.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 08, 2014
Naijazoom:

your site contains everything AdSense hates (copyrighted materials, not mobile friendly). try to remove all those and add fresh contents. Thanks.
I don't get u o!
Which materials are copywrited?
How is it not mobile friendly?

I wrote all those post myself.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 8:30pm On Nov 08, 2014
Khaynet:

Lol.....ok
lets keep this for another time.
i agree, now is a bad time for troll fights
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 8:47pm On Nov 08, 2014
post=27841894:
I don't get u o!
Which materials are copywrited?
How is it not mobile friendly?

I wrote all those post myself.

Of what use is it for an advertiser to advertise on a site which contents can be found on other site? what i mean is, you must use only pictures and images you took with your camera less it will be marked "copyrighted" also c0ntentz must be unique e.g if i create a topic on "how to cook black soup" and you also create a topic like "steps on how to cook black soup" with different words or in your own words, they are chances you wont get approved or it would be hard. google AdSense is a contextual advertising network and requires your site to have a rich unique text content that matches your keyword and niche. also AdSense requires pages in your site be sufficient.

check these Article i wrote in Naijazoom: How To Get Approved for Adsense
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by zeroshadow: 8:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
Naijazoom:

Of what use is it for an advertiser to advertise on a site which contents can be found on other site? what i mean is, you must use only pictures and images you took with your camera less it will be marked "copyrighted" also c0ntentz must be unique e.g if i create a topic on "how to cook black soup" and you also create a topic like "steps on how to cook black soup" with different words or in your own words, they are chances you wont get approved or it would be hard. google AdSense is a contextual advertising network and requires your site to have a rich unique text content that matches your keyword and niche. also AdSense requires pages in your site be sufficient.

You're misleading the guy.... there are free images and people copy each other and still rank high.. Adsense is not the only ad network out there.....

pls stop derailing the thread.... and do your research before you mislead peeps. naijazoom
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
Naijazoom:

Of what use is it for an advertiser to advertise on a site which contents can be found on other site? [/b[ what i mean is, you must use only pictures and images you took with your camera less it will be marked "copyrighted" also [b] c0ntentz must be unique e.g if i create a topic on "how to cook black soup" and you also create a topic like "steps on how to cook black soup" with different words or in your own words, they are chances you wont get approved or it would be hard. google AdSense is a contextual advertising network and requires your site to have a rich unique text content that matches your keyword and niche. also AdSense requires pages in your site be sufficient.

At the bolded... Bruv, contents can never be unique or found in only 1 website... I just checked your site , the topic "Mtn. Introduces N10 recharge " can be found in almost 10 websites. Does that mean you copied the topic?
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2014
zeroshadow:

You're misleading the guy.... there are free images and people copy each other and still rank high.. Adsense is not the only ad network out there.....

pls stop derailing the thread.... and do your research before you mislead peeps. naijazoom

Call it derailing or what ever you want, it's a proven fact. i've been to that journey and i've reached there at the end. my experience alone gives me the right to type out my opinions. i've got approved for adsense with my wapka site, have you? then you don't have to feel like a ITK. i want him to get approved and i'm helping out. you created a thread on Nairaland doesn't make you judgemental on what i post as reply or not. if it hurts you. i'm sorry, i'll stop "derailing" your thread. about images, what makes you feel it's free? smh, someone doesn't even know what copyright means afterall. take a look: www.google.com/search?q=define:copyright

I will Teach you thinks if you stop being rude to me. thanks.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2014
Naijazoom:

Call it derailing or what ever you want, it's a proven fact. i've been to that journey and i've reached there at the end. my experience alone gives me the right to type out my opinions. i've got approved for adsense with my wapka site, have you? then you don't have to feel like a ITK. i want him to get approved and i'm helping out. you created a thread on Nairaland doesn't make you judgemental on what i post as reply or not. if it hurts you. i'm sorry, i'll stop "derailing" your thread. about images, what makes you feel it's free? smh, someone doesn't even know what copyright means afterall. take a look: www.google.com/search?q=define:copyright

I will Teach you thinks if you stop being rude to me. thanks.

You are derailing the thread! This is about WebMasters Please on Nairaland
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2014
post=27843410:
At the bolded... Bruv, contents can never be unique or found in only 1 website... I just checked your site , the topic "Mtn. Introduces N10 recharge " can be found in almost 10 websites. Does that mean you copied the topic?

you're not getting my point. when applying for adsense you must not take risks unless you want to risk getting disapproved. when i applied i never risked having those stuffs. #No_More_Comments
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by fleps(m): 11:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
Wow! Intelligent conversation going on here. I'm glad we still have people in this section that can argue resourcefully to solve problems.
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by dhtml(m): 4:20pm On Nov 09, 2014
I see no intelligence on this thread per say because it won't solve any problem.

1 Like

Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2014
dhtml:
I see no intelligence on this thread per say because it won't solve any problem.

Learning is not solely meant for solving problems immediately.. also you are going offtopic. wouldn't it help solve his adsense struggle?
Re: Webmasters Section Is Dying by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
^^^You are the one going off-topic, because i was talking about the topic. This to me shows that you are not as intelligent as i thought earlier. Are you even a webmaster sef, i am beginning to doubt this seriously.

[size=1pt]***and once again, dhtml gets into yet another nairaland war, but it should be noted that i did not strike the first blow ***[/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Ways To Automate Your Website / NIMC: How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready From Your Phone / Who Is The First Nigerian Internet Millionaire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.