Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,238 members, 7,807,794 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Views: Headship Of The Family - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Views: Headship Of The Family (4883 Views)

A Man Who Cannot Foot The Bills Of The Home Has Lost His Right To Headship / Your Views On This Pls. / Why Are There So Much Pressure On Girl's In The Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Stillfire: 12:14pm On Nov 08, 2014
The one who is capable and has shown to possess leadership qualities should lead. But I know logic is not one of Nigerians strongest forte, so it would be hard to understand this.

3 Likes

Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Stillfire: 12:22pm On Nov 08, 2014
In fact churches or courts should begin aptitude tests to test the leadership skills of any couple about to be married.
It should no more be an automatic ticket based on the length of a sexu.al organ. Because time has shown a particular gender has ABUSED the position of leadership. The rest of the human population has to be protected from such tyrannical elements.

3 Likes

Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by soonest(f): 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2014
pickabeau1:
Babygirlfl

i asked this question on your thread and you recommended opening a thread
After the debate.. i will close the thread

What are your views on headship of a family

Thanks

The husband is the head of the family. Though some abdicate their responsibilities and pick of the headship when it favours them.
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by pickabeau1: 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
soonest:

The husband is the head of the family. Though some abdicate their responsibilities and pick of the headship when it favours them.

This is true
Some men no dey try
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by An0nimus: 4:28pm On Nov 08, 2014
Lol Stillfire. GMAT won't be so bad. Whoever scores higher in the test gets to pay the bride/groom price and all the other perks. After the wedding that person is then crowned 'Head' grin
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Stillfire: 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2014
An0nimus:
Lol Stillfire. GMAT won't be so bad. Whoever scores higher in the test gets to pay the bride/groom price and all the other perks. After the wedding that person is then crowned 'Head' grin

Exactlyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 11, 2014
Stillfire:

Exactlyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin

Be careful what you wish for. That's already the case with Indian culture. The men are, in fact, paid man-dowries by the bride and her family, and you wouldn't believe the stories! I have an Indian friend I closely grew up with, and although I've had plenty opportunity to enjoy the beautiful aesthetics of her culture (food, music, dance, cultural clothing etc), I've also gotten a glimpse of the unsavory bits. Part of that manifested itself in man-dowry stories, believe it or not. In my opinion, Indian women are among the most beautiful in the world. They also happen to be among the most meek and subservient culturally (again, in my strong opinion). Yet somehow, fate would see fit to match them with short, hairy, po.rn-obsessed men with a penchant for ra.pe, who would swiftly punish them for their partially unpaid man-dowry, just as well as his own begotten girl-child.

About a week ago, I saw a thread on here about a 30 yr old Indian man who chopped his own **** off after having a heated argument with his wife (she had given him two daughters as opposed to a son). I tell you, I was not the least bit surprised. I clean forgot to raise a well-arched eyebrow as I closed that godforsaken thread.
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
A responsible man.
Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Stillfire: 9:57pm On Nov 11, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Be careful what you wish for. That's already the case with Indian culture. The men are, in fact, paid man-dowries by the bride and her family, and you wouldn't believe the stories! I have an Indian friend I closely grew up with, and although I've had plenty opportunity to enjoy the beautiful aesthetics of her culture (food, music, dance, cultural clothing etc), I've also gotten a glimpse of the unsavory bits. Part of that manifested itself in man-dowry stories, believe it or not. In my opinion, Indian women are among the most beautiful in the world. They also happen to be among the most meek and subservient culturally (again, in my strong opinion). Yet somehow, fate would see fit to match them with short, hairy, po.rn-obsessed men with a penchant for ra.pe, who would swiftly punish them for their partially unpaid man-dowry, just as well as his own begotten girl-child.

About a week ago, I saw a thread on here about a 30 yr old Indian man who chopped his own **** off after having a heated argument with his wife (she had given him two daughters as opposed to a son). I tell you, I was not the least bit surprised. I clean forgot to raise a well-arched eyebrow as I closed that godforsaken thread.

Whether women pay dowry or the men pay bride price is at the detriment of females in any misogynist, patriarchal society where the laws do not protect them. It is not any better either way. My answer was based on the conditions that the woman becomes the head eliminating the clause of patriarchy and under the protection of moral, just laws.

2 Likes

Re: Views: Headship Of The Family by Nobody: 1:01am On Nov 12, 2014
Stillfire:

Whether women pay dowry or the men pay bride price is at the detriment of females in any misogynist, patriarchal society where the laws do not protect them. It is not any better either way. My answer was based on the conditions that the woman becomes the head eliminating the clause of patriarchy and the under protection of moral, just laws.

Then we're in agreement. I would do away with the idea of money changing hands completely, but it's so steeped in certain societies that it would possibly be of more detriment than good...idk...mainly villages. To think that a dowry is akin to ownership in the eyes of so many men on here...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Wife Has Crazy Temper Tantrums / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? / My Ex Is Better On Bed Than My Husband,am Confused(i Got Married Recetly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.