Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Help: How To Restrict Video Streaming On A Router - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help: How To Restrict Video Streaming On A Router (2141 Views)

Connecting A Router To A PC Without Modem: Is It Possible? / How To Restrict Download On A Network / How Can I Use My Computer As A Router (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: How To Restrict Video Streaming On A Router by kbshow100(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pls how do I stop someone from streaming video from our reuter,,because he is wasting our data. Pls help me out. Thankyou in advance
Re: Help: How To Restrict Video Streaming On A Router by Tolzeal(m): 9:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
kbshow100:
Pls how do I stop someone from streaming video from our reuter,,because he is wasting our data. Pls help me out. Thankyou in advance

The best option is not to give the fellw access to ur router. It a way that simple. After Gaining Access to ur router, the individual will be so independent.
Re: Help: How To Restrict Video Streaming On A Router by maxjax(m): 10:52pm On Nov 07, 2014
theres a hardware device n software for it....u can actually allocate the amount of data speed to the port/user.

assumin u allocate 1kbps to the port.....streamin will b one hell of a thing
Re: Help: How To Restrict Video Streaming On A Router by kbshow100(m): 8:17am On Nov 08, 2014
Tolzeal:

The best option is not to give the fellw access to ur router. It a way that simple. After Gaining Access to ur router, the individual will be so independent.
thank you very much brother,,but the guy is a senoir official of the organisation,, we can not cut his access to the internet,, and we can't talk to him about wasting our data. The oga at the top is blaming us(the junior team) of mismanaging the data,, we can not report him to the oga at the top because if he Finds Out,, we are as good as death.
Re: Help: How To Restrict Video Streaming On A Router by kbshow100(m): 8:21am On Nov 08, 2014
maxjax:
theres a hardware device n software for it....u can actually allocate the amount of data speed to the port/user.

assumin u allocate 1kbps to the port.....streamin will b one hell of a thing
brother,, pls tell me more about it,, because my job Is on the line. Thankyou very much
Re: Help: How To Restrict Video Streaming On A Router by Tolzeal(m): 9:16am On Nov 08, 2014
kbshow100:
thank you very much brother,,but the guy is a senoir official of the organisation,, we can not cut his access to the internet,, and we can't talk to him about wasting our data. The oga at the top is blaming us(the junior team) of mismanaging the data,, we can not report him to the oga at the top because if he Finds Out,, we are as good as death.

Lol. Seems This is turning to be a do or die affair. I Guest the best way is to walk up him and address him formally about the development. Every human is prone to be corrected. Moreover your job online, you shouldnt watch it dieing of fear uve got or something. Even if u are succesful in restricting him, what abt him finding out later? Tel me what explanation u would give at that period!
Re: Help: How To Restrict Video Streaming On A Router by dharyour93(m): 10:18am On Nov 08, 2014
If you have access to the admin part of the router, you can blacklist all the video websites. By doing this, he/she and every other person on d network wouldn't have access to them and hence you cant watch videos on Ur internet.

Better still, the most ethical way of doing this is to walk up to the person and talk to he/she about the reasons they shouldn't watch videos on your internet.
Re: Help: How To Restrict Video Streaming On A Router by persius555(m): 9:06am On Nov 10, 2014
Op, get a high end switch that has badwidth control/management capability into your network if you have a LAN in place. Limit or restrict the bandwidth based on overall available traffic on a per port basis. This should work, restricting access on the router end will block everyone out from accessing certain websites.

(1) (Reply)

Acer Predator 21X Workstation With 16 Gb Of Video Memory / Free Software Download Or Crack / HP Elitebook 8560w I7 2gb Dedicated Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.