Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School (2889 Views)

Five Reasons Not To Apply To A UK University / College Of Education, Ikere Ekiti(degree Program) / Obafemi Awolowo University Pre-degree Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Nobody: 7:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
following my poor performance for the past two years in the University with the inability to make it into 2nd class, i think i need your advice guys.

i applied through direct entry with a distinction from a polytechnic into a federal university. But i got carried away with "unnecessaries" that i couldn't make it even into the 2nd class level. now, we're about to end the session which is my 2nd year-which means i have only 1 year to complete my bsc program from that university (as it is a 4 year course).

i know i can't make it to second class form the result is too poor now.even if i have the best result in my final year, i won't still make it. Do you think it's a good idea to apply for another direct entry form next year into ilorin for i know i'm not that bad, but due to some "rubishes" i was involved. or do you think i should just carry on and end up with third class? pls your mature advice is needed!

thank you all
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Chaleeee: 7:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
Finish the degree. Time waits for no one.
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by rioemmanuel(m): 7:57pm On Nov 07, 2014
The ball is in your court,you can decide to graduate with a 3rd class if you have what to do after graduation,but if you dont have any thing to do and no business in mind,it will be better to start afresh because getting a job wont be easy considering the number of people with better result in the job market.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
for now, no job at hand. But working to be a good web developer.
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Coolboyz: 9:31pm On Nov 07, 2014
Better quit and reapply. Don't say I didn't tell u.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Karleb(m): 9:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
Coolboyz:
Better quit and reapply. Don't say I didn't tell u.

The truth has been spoken!

If you wish to work with that degree, you know what to do.
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
Finish the degree and den register for post-graduate diploma.
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Kinkale(m): 11:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
Nairaland delegate meeting.. Bring your chair as you come
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Kpimp: 11:28pm On Nov 07, 2014
Quit and reapply to another sch.3rd class knw gud o
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by tosyne2much(m): 11:54pm On Nov 07, 2014
Don't you think you shld finish the degree programme and go for DE or Opt for HND
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Laird(m): 12:07am On Nov 08, 2014
Reapply
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 08, 2014
[size=50pt]REAPPLY![/size]

BTW are u up to 27? If no, den don't even think twice abt reapplying.

Save ursef of years of stress... If nt a lifetime of stress by reapplying
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Nobody: 12:55am On Nov 08, 2014
Its better late than never.

Op,if you can afford the luxury of time,start all over again,at the end,its worth it.

3rd class is a No-No in the labour market,except your dad is Otedola,or Dangote.

1 Like

Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by JayKaba(m): 1:45am On Nov 08, 2014
Are there still counselors / course advisers in colleges ? Instead of quitting or graduating with 3rd class, you can retake all your 300 level classes, get better grades and boost your GPA. It's like willingly carrying over all your courses. Also, you stand a better chance of getting better grades if you stay in same school rather than going to a new school.

If the above is not applicable in your school, then I suggest you apply and get admission to another university first. If possible, finish your current degree and enroll in your new school.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by gidjah(m): 3:18am On Nov 08, 2014
I am so dissappointed in you,you messed up a great opp to b d best in your dept.lots of people are lookin for this kind of great opportunity but do not hav such.you hav ONE AND THREW IT AT D WIND.SO SORRY FOR YOUR DESTINY YOUNG MAN!
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Dollabommie(m): 5:09am On Nov 08, 2014
Tis better for U to wait n finish dis bfor opting for anoda...no1 knws wah comes next...dis life is all about chances n lucks...no1 knws wah tomao brings...jes ma own typa advice..Peace.. smileyTis better for U to wait n finish dis bfor opting for anoda...no1 knws wah comes next...dis life is all about chances n lucks...no1 knws wah tomao brings...jes ma own typa advice..Peace..
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by cupidhero(m): 6:03am On Nov 08, 2014
jauntee02:
following my poor performance for the past two years in the University with the inability to make it into 2nd class, i think i need your advice guys.

i applied through direct entry with a distinction from a polytechnic into a federal university. But i got carried away with "unnecessaries" that i couldn't make it even into the 2nd class level. now, we're about to end the session which is my 2nd year-which means i have only 1 year to complete my bsc program from that
run bro! now!
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by sloo1: 6:17am On Nov 08, 2014
RE APPLY TO ANOTHER SCHOOL. Do NOT IGNORE THIS ADVICE.
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by RColours: 6:31am On Nov 08, 2014
gidjah:
I am so dissappointed in you,you messed up a great opp to b d best in your dept.lots of people are lookin for this kind of great opportunity but do not hav such.you hav ONE AND THREW IT AT D WIND.SO SORRY FOR YOUR DESTINY YOUNG MAN!

You should rather feel sorry for yourself, oldman.
Yes, he possibly screwed up an opportunity, but he has since realized and is seeking amends. Why feel sorry for such a man?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by eightsin(m): 7:13am On Nov 08, 2014
Finish the degree... then you can apply for another.
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by mikeomo11(m): 7:57am On Nov 08, 2014
JayKaba:
Are there still counselors / course advisers in colleges ? Instead of quitting or graduating with 3rd class, you can retake all your 300 level classes, get better grades and boost your GPA. It's like willingly carrying over all your courses. Also, you stand a better chance of getting better grades if you stay in same school rather than going to a new school.

If the above is not applicable in your school, then I suggest you apply and get admission to another university first. If possible, finish your current degree and enroll in your new school.
This is just what I wanted to post. Thanks for this advice to OP. In addition, I would say OP you also need to consult the Father in prayer. Sometimes, we ignore the spiritual warfare we could encounter in life. Best of God bro!
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Nobody: 8:20am On Nov 08, 2014
i'm kinda fed up! Even think of getting jamb form to start from 100level again
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Nobody: 8:22am On Nov 08, 2014
JayKaba:

i'm sure this was in the past. Counselors/advisers seems not to exist anymore!
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Mcbussy(m): 9:06am On Nov 08, 2014
jauntee02:

i applied through direct entry with a distinction from a polytechnic into a federal university. But i got carried away with "unnecessaries" that i couldn't make it even into the 2nd class level. now, we're about to end the session which is my 2nd year-which means i have only 1 year to complete my bsc program from that university (as it is a 4 year course).

i know i can't make it to second class form the result is too poor now.even if i have the best result in my final year, i won't still make it. Do you think it's a good idea to apply for another direct entry form next year into ilorin for i know i'm not that bad, but due to some "rubishes" i was involved. or do you think i should just carry on and end up with third class? pls your mature advice is needed!

thank you all

Talk to your departmental course advisor,I think there is a way you can move to a different department and start from 200 level.it will be faster and easier than seeking for admission in a different school. It all depends on you. If u insist on sticking to that same field,then the only way forward would be to start over.

Graduating with 3rd class in Nigeria is not a way forward at all.

Sorry,I'm about to digress from d matter...I thot peeps like u used to argue about why HND and B.Sc should be at par...now u have it grin. U managed to come out with a distinction in ur poly,now ur having poor results in a uni and ur excuse is about getting carried away by "unnecessaries". It ain't easy graduating with good grades in a uni.

1 more thing...I don't know the federal institution u are attending now,but trust me,uni Ilorin is not among d easiest. So you might wanna consider other options. wink

1 Like

Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by erabe(m): 9:33am On Nov 08, 2014
And is there any assurance that you will get a 2nd class in uniilorin
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Thugnificent(m): 10:01am On Nov 08, 2014
jauntee02:

thank you all
What course did you study bro?
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by rattlesnake(m): 10:52am On Nov 08, 2014
jauntee02:

thank you all
terminate Ur Facebook account and burn all Ur ruff Ryder's.....and focus on Ur education

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Hardheolar(m): 10:59am On Nov 08, 2014
Mcbussy:

Talk to your departmental course advisor,I think there is a way you can move to a different department and start from 200 level.it will be faster and easier than seeking for admission in a different school. It all depends on you. If u insist on sticking to that same field,then the only way forward would be to start over.

Graduating with 3rd class in Nigeria is not a way forward at all.

Sorry,I'm about to digress from d matter...I thot peeps like u used to argue about why HND and B.Sc should be at par...now u have it grin. U managed to come out with a distinction in ur poly,now ur having poor results in a uni and ur excuse is about getting carried away by "unnecessaries". It ain't easy graduating with good grades in a uni.

1 more thing...I don't know the federal institution u are attending now,but trust me,uni Ilorin is not among d easiest. So you might wanna consider other options. wink
GBAM.. U ve nailed it.. u can choose unilorin if and only u ve long leg.. Apart from dat, u re taking a risk choosing unilorin.
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
Hardheolar:
GBAM.. U ve nailed it.. u can choose unilorin if and only u ve long leg.. Apart from dat, u re taking a risk choosing unilorin.

A risk?
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by hausadreturn(m): 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2014
jauntee02:

thank you all
Hey! U have no problem at all. If u know in yourself that u're good, confident and have great ability, just finish and look for a job. I tell u what, all those telling u to reapply, quit, etc are not being very realistic.
U are not the first person to graduate with a 2nd class lower, a 3rd class, or a pass; & u wont be the last.
Who says that those who got 3rd class arent doing well?
Be realistic that's all. This is Nigeria
Re: Should I Terminate My Degree Program And Re-apply To Another School by Rapaltar(m): 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2014
jauntee02:

thank you all

Naaah...jst quit school...

And learn a trade grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Admission Admission.....into The Following Universities..... / What Is The Difference Between CNA And FCNA In Relation To Accountancy Field / OAU Admission Merit List Out On Caps Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.