Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,283 members, 7,780,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:28 PM

Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) (27989 Views)

Reactions To Westgate Murders By Muslim Scholars/imams / Al Azhar University - Is It The Most Respected Sunni Authority? / Muslim Scholars Issue Verdict On Syria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 11:36pm On Jun 17, 2015
@ Royals1, you sound confused still. You concluded that if someone like you come to me for instance for a problem or two, i just have to tell you "be patient". I dont have problem with that.

But give me evidence that giving someone dua to make is haram...pls?. And even at that, alfa would still advise you to be patient.

You are just threading. Enough said now. Ramadan Mubarak
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by lanrexlan(m): 11:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
Royals1:
its now clear u are part of the jalabi alfas. So i dot nid to argue wit u anymore. But note dt its not by arabic education dt will make u in aljanna. Its by adherence to oness of Allah. Which entails believing him in wat eva evils come to u or goods come to u.and not given ur faith to any prescription by any sheik. The ayat i told u says u prophet now refering to alfas now, if anyone coms to u for d prob or evils i befall on dem either fear or lose of money or lives. Tell dem to be patient because its wat Allah has bestowed on dem. Now ur alfas prescribing ayat for dem or hantu for dem is against wat Allah says
Lol, ignorance they say is a bliss! The problem is that what is unknown to you is bright as daylight to others. It will be better not to condemn what you have little or no knowledge about. Ountu is no haram and the onus is on you to prove it to be so

In this regard of washing the writing of the Quran written by ink, the Hanbali scholar,Ibn Al-Qayyim mentioned on the authority of Mujaahid and Abu Qilaabah that a group of the righteous predecessors were of the view that it was permissible to write verses from the Quran, wash them with water and then let the patient drink it.

Another scholar supporting this view was the Shaafi‘i scholar, An-Nawawi . He mentioned that Al-Hasan Al-Basri, Mujaahid, Abu Qilaabah and Al-Awzaa‘i held that it was permissible, whereas An- Nakha‘i considered it to be disliked. An-Nawawi added that it was permissible according to the requisites of the Shaafi‘i School of Fiqh, and that Al-Qaadhi Husayn, Al-Baghawi and others held it to be permissible.

Ibn Taymiyyah quoted the view of Ahmad and mentioned that it was permissible to write some verses from the Quran using permissible ink and wash them with water and then let the patient drink it. Referring to this, ‘Abdullaah ibn Ahmad reported on the authority of his father (i.e. Ahmad ibn Hanbal ) that Ibn ‘Abbaas said that when a woman faces difficulty in childbirth, the following may be written for her:
Bismillaah. Laa ilaaha illa Allaah Al-Haleem Al-Kareem. Subhaanallaah Rabil-‘Arsh Al-‘Atheem. Al-Hamdulillaahi Rabil-‘Aalameen (In the name of Allaah, none is worthy of worship but Allaah, the Forbearing the Generous.Exalted is Allaah the Lord of the Great Throne. All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the worlds). {It will be, on the Day they see it, as though they had not remained [in the world] except for an afternoon or a morning thereof.} [Quran 79: 46] {On the Day they see that which they are promised - as though they had not remained [in the world] except an hour of a day. [This is] notification. And will [any] be destroyed except the defiantly disobedient people?} [Quran 46: 35]
He also reported on the authority of his father that it was permissible to write verses from the Quran on a clean vessel, wash it with water and let the patient drink it. Wakee' added to the narration of Ibn ‘Abbaas that the woman drinks from the water and the part of her body below the navel is sprinkled with it.
Consequently,we see that it is permissible to do this when the following prerequisites are satisfied:Using pure ink when writing the Quran and writing it on a pure object.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by lanrexlan(m): 11:50pm On Jun 17, 2015
Empiree:
@ Royals1, you sound confused still. You concluded that if someone like you come to me for instance for a problem or two, i just have to tell you "be patient". I dont have problem with that.

But give me evidence that giving someone dua to make is haram...pls?. And even at that, alfa would still advise you to be patient.

You are just threading. Enough said now. Ramadan Mubarak
Don't mind him brother Empiree. There are 3 main antidotes to face trials and tests from Allah and they are; Patience, Fear of Allah and supplication.
The Prophet(Peace be upon him and his house hold) said;" Prayer is the sword of a Muslim " So it's supplications to Allah that one will use to cut through the jungles of trials and tests in order to harvest Allah's help in field of mercy.
Empiree, don't tell the guy to recite Surah Yasin 1000 times o, idi nta mii grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Empiree: 12:01am On Jun 18, 2015
lanrexlan:
Don't mind him brother Em.piree. There are 3 main antidotes to face trials and tests from Allah and they are; Patience, Fear of Allah and supplication.
The Prophet(Peace be upon him and his house hold) said;" Prayer is the sword of a Muslim " So it's supplications to Allah that one will use to cut through the jungles of trials and tests in order to harvest Allah's help in field of mercy.
Emp.iree, don't tell the guy to recite Surah Yasin 1000 times o, idi nta mii grin
Lol grin I know he doesnt understand and I am not really interested in long winded argument with him. I just wanted to figure out what he's up to and why he has problem with Sheikh Adam. He should calm down and reason though.

Ramadan Mubaraq

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by lanrexlan(m): 12:07am On Jun 18, 2015
Empiree:
Lol grin I know he doesnt understand and I am not really interested in long winded argument with him. I just wanted to figure out what he's up to and why he has problem with Sheikh Adam. He should calm down and reason though.

Ramadan Mubaraq
People like them will have problems with noble Sheiks . You know that if you just commence the reading of Durosoo Awaliya or some other small books you will think you have arrived. Similarly, people like him when they gained some knowledge they think their precedessors before knew nothing and are misguided.

Ramadan Mubarak to you dear brother.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Royals1: 6:59am On Jun 18, 2015
To u all may Allah guide u. But i insist i know nothing in Arabic languages dt ur shiek teaches u, because its not by all d tiras u qoted but by ur faith in Allah not just lahilaha illa lahu but it gos beyond dt. Well like i said u all sounds like d jalabis. As for u dt qoute all d books dt ur sheik teaches u, its a pity u neva quote any refe from quran neither from any solid hadith from d prophet, rather ambali scholars, shafi scholars. Hmmm... Well as for empree, can u prove it to me where Allah says u shuld prescribe anything for anyone wit problem ayat quran. Think and pray to Allah to giv u wisdom of d quran m and not just learning arabic languages and thinking u are knoledgeable. Salam

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by musawisdom(m): 7:01am On Jun 18, 2015
I love and respect Dr. Zakir Naik of peacetv. This man is full of knowledge. I do watch his lectures on tv almost everyday. You can google his name and get online information about him and lectures. You will see he is a world class.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Nafizzey(m): 3:21pm On Jun 20, 2015
musawisdom:
I love and respect Dr. Zakir Naik of peacetv. This man is full of knowledge. I do watch his lectures on tv almost everyday. You can google his name and get online information about him and lectures. You will see he is a world class.
. Are his lectures in English or Arabic language? Thanks
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 21, 2015
Sheik Abdullah Faisal

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by orogodoganyin(m): 9:43pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nafizzey:
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by orogodoganyin(m): 9:46pm On Jun 22, 2015
Nafizzey:

ENGLISH
among nigerian scholars, i respect Sheikh Umar Paiko of Niger State alot. intelligent nd knowlegeable.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by wolesmile(m): 1:57pm On Jun 23, 2015
JUST ONE NAME!!!

Listen to his lectures and witness true fearlessness. He is a Suufi of Tijjaniyat (Al-Hammowiyyat) order. He is Fadheelat Sheikh Is'haq Akomolafe Al-Mubarrak (Ashile Ilero II)
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Nafizzey(m): 1:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
orogodoganyin:

ENGLISH
among nigerian scholars, i respect Sheikh Umar Paiko of Niger State alot. intelligent nd knowlegeable.
Thanks could you provide me with link to any of his lecture/programs?
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by orogodoganyin(m): 2:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
Nafizzey:
Thanks could you provide me with link to any of his lecture/programs?
zakir naik?
check youtube, they'll b there
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Nafizzey(m): 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
orogodoganyin:

zakir naik?
NO not international scholar, I want a respected Nigerian scholar that lectures in English. tnx
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Nafizzey(m): 2:41pm On Jun 23, 2015
NO not international scholar, I want a respected Nigerian scholar that lectures in English. tnx
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Nafizzey(m): 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
orogodoganyin:

zakir naik?
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by orogodoganyin(m): 2:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
Nafizzey:
b'cos i don't use a smart phone, i can't provide u wt a link ryt nw.
however, after reading ur post, i searched for his lectures on google and got quite a number of hits. they're all in english i think.
better still, if ur close to OAU, or got a friend 4rm there, their branch of MSSN will have a lot of his lectures 'cos he used to b invited almost every year yle i was there. probably still does.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by dragnet: 5:02am On Jun 25, 2015
Nafizzey:

check dawahnigeria.com to download lectures of Nigerian lecturers in various languages, English inclusive.
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by dragnet: 5:10am On Jun 25, 2015
it's quite pathetic to see that people are listening to so called "scholars" without knowing what they're upon. Mere eloquence of speech, a few Arabic and quotes doesn't make one a scholar. Majority of the "scholars" mentioned here are of questionable doctrines and should merely pass as motivational speakers without ascribing themselves to islaam.
We should learn our religion and stop blind following...

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by lanrexlan(m): 5:15am On Jun 25, 2015
dragnet:
it's quite pathetic to see that people are listening to so called "scholars" without knowing what they're upon. Mere eloquence of speech, a few Arabic and quotes doesn't make one a scholar. Majority of the "scholars" mentioned here are of questionable doctrines and should merely pass as motivational speakers without ascribing themselves to islaam.
We should learn our religion and stop blind following...
Give us examples of those with weird doctrines mister
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by dragnet: 5:16am On Jun 25, 2015
orogodoganyin:

b'cos i don't use a smart phone, i can't provide u wt a link ryt nw.
however, after reading ur post, i searched for his lectures on google and got quite a number of hits. they're all in english i think.
better still, if ur close to OAU, or got a friend 4rm there, their branch of MSSN will have a lot of his lectures 'cos he used to b invited almost every year yle i was there. probably still does.

quite true, OAU Ife is one of the few schools in Nigeria and one of the few communities in the southwest where pristine islaam is still alive against all odds. I pray Allaah preserves them upon good.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by kennyosein(m): 6:03am On Jun 25, 2015
[quote author=Royals1 post=34881335]To u all may Allah guide u. But i insist i know nothing in Arabic languages dt ur shiek teaches u, because its not by all d tiras u qoted but by ur faith in Allah not just lahilaha illa lahu but it gos beyond dt. Well like i said u all sounds like d jalabis. As for u dt qoute all d books dt ur sheik teaches u, its a pity u neva quote any refe from quran neither from any solid hadith from d prophet, rather ambali scholars, shafi scholars. Hmmm... Well as for empree, can u prove it to me where Allah says u shuld prescribe anything for anyone wit problem ayat quran. Think and pray to Allah to giv u wisdom of d quran m and not just learning arabic languages and thinking u are knoledgeable. Salam[/quote

What is the ruling on writing verses from
the Holy Qur’aan on a vessel so that it can
be washed and the water drunk by one who
is sick?.
Praise be to Allaah.
There is nothing wrong with that. This was
narrated from some of the salaf (early
generation), and many of the scholars
stated that it is permissible.
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on
him) said in Zaad al-Ma’aad (4/170)
concerning ruqyah to treat the evil eye:
A number of the salaf thought that verses
of Qur’aan might be written for him, then he
can drink them. Mujaahid said: There is
nothing wrong with writing Qur’aan then
washing it and giving the water to the sick
person to drink. Something similar was
narrated from Abu Qulaabah. It was
narrated from Ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be
pleased with him) that he ordered that
Qur’aan be written for a woman who was
having difficulty in childbirth, then it was to
be washed and the water given to her to
drink. Ayyoob said: I saw Abu Qulaabah
writing something of Qur’aan then he
washed it with water and gave the water to
a man who had some pain to drink it. End
quote.
Shaykh Muhammad Ibraaheem Aal al-
Shaykh (may Allaah have mercy on him)
was asked:
Is it permissible to write some verses of
Qur’aan for a sick person on a vessel, then
wash it and drink it?
He replied:
It does not seem that there is any thing
wrong with that. Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah
have mercy on him) narrated that an umber
of the Salaf thought that verses of Qur’aan
could be written for a sick person to drink.
End quote.
Fataawa al-Shaykh Muhammad Ibraaheem
(1/94).
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by kennyosein(m): 6:10am On Jun 25, 2015
@ Royal you are on point here: Well as for empree, can u prove it to me where Allah says u shuld prescribe anything for anyone wit problem ayat quran.

Unless it is Allah and the Prophet peace be upon him prescription.

Allah knows best

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Nafizzey(m): 10:26am On Jun 25, 2015
dragnet:

check dawahnigeria.com to download lectures of Nigerian lecturers in various languages, English inclusive.
Thanks sir
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by lanrexlan(m): 12:36pm On Jun 27, 2015
. ....
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by abuhubaidah: 9:13pm On Jun 27, 2015
Dr sharafdeen gbadebo raji (now listening to his lecture on bond fm 92.9 *lagos*.. Sheik Abdulgeniy jumha(Abu baraka't) and likes
Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by abuhubaidah: 9:37pm On Jun 27, 2015
Empiree:
See how you got it wrong?. We youngstars today have no respect. You think you know better than them?. You even abused great Sheikh Adam(RTA). Next time if you dont know something you ask.

Nakali/Nokali is dua. For instance, if you ask me for help or to make dua for you or ask me what dua you can do. I can simply draft from Hadith like Lailah ila Allah 100x Subhannlilah 100x Alhamdulilah 100x and advise you to do it every night before you go to bed. That's nokali.

I can also draft 'nokali' in other form like tell you to recite sura Yasin 10x every morning with niyat. Thats what's called nokali. Nokali is merely slang. Now, you need to make tawba for saying rubbish against Ulama.

I knew you have no idea what you talking about.
مضحك أنت.....I need prove that you *empiree * is able to draft one duah for someone other than the duahs of rosuul... Yasin mewa kilo de...

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by abuhubaidah: 9:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
Empiree:
See how you got it wrong?. We youngstars today have no respect. You think you know better than them?. You even abused great Sheikh Adam(RTA). Next time if you dont know something you ask.

Nakali/Nokali is dua. For instance, if you ask me for help or to make dua for you or ask me what dua you can do. I can simply draft from Hadith like Lailah ila Allah 100x Subhannlilah 100x Alhamdulilah 100x and advise you to do it every night before you go to bed. That's nokali.

I can also draft 'nokali' in other form like tell you to recite sura Yasin 10x every morning with niyat. Thats what's called nokali. Nokali is merely slang. Now, you need to make tawba for saying rubbish against Ulama.

I knew you have no idea what you talking about.
مضحك أنت.....I need prove that you *empiree * is able to draft one duah for someone other than the duahs of rosuul... Yasin mewa kilo de..... If you know you love Allah, follow me (rosuulu llah Muhammod)....

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by tunde1200(m): 1:46pm On Jun 28, 2015
Sheik Muhideen Bello/Sheik Abdurahman Ahmad.
Seik Adam Al-Ilori baba lagege. RTA.
Most respected to me.

But Buhari omo musa is something else with his lectures.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Akinslaw95: 5:15am On Jun 29, 2015
My favourites are: Sheikh Isa Akindele Solahudeen Dr. Abdul Jeleel Alagunfon Ustakh Iskeel Hamza Ustadh Ismail Yunus

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Most Respected Muslim Lecturer (scholars) by Talk2bryant(m): 12:10am On Jun 30, 2015
May Allah bless you for mentioning Mufti Menk, that man is a revelation on his own, have listened to tons of his lectures, he's direct, humorous, sound, eloquent and has a deep knowledge about the deen...
ayinba1:

I love listening to Sheikh Muyideen. Balash, you are right about some of the foreign extremist preachers but have you tried Mufti Menk or Nouman Ali Khan. Their preaching is directed to "muslims". Some of Nouman Ali Khan's is tailored to fit the American (life of luxury) mindset. But it applies to us Nigerians at home too since na copy copy America everyone dey do.
May Allah purify our imaan, Amin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Maryam, The Mother Of Prophet Isa (jesus)? / The Prohibition Of Looking At Another Person’s Private Part (awrah) / Does Islam View the World's Tallest Building in Jeddah As a Sign of End Times?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.