Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,488 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:23 PM

First 4 Digits Codes Of All GSM Subribers Numbers Numerous And Now Confusing - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / First 4 Digits Codes Of All GSM Subribers Numbers Numerous And Now Confusing (4443 Views)

MTN Nigeria Changes Recharge Pin Codes From 12 To 16 Digits / All Secret Codes Of Android Mobile Phones / Free Blackberry Unlocking Codes (NOT BLACKBERRY 10 DEVICES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First 4 Digits Codes Of All GSM Subribers Numbers Numerous And Now Confusing by bongolistik(m): 4:47am On Nov 08, 2014
Initially, when MTN, Airtel, Glo and Etibaba came into the country everybody was familiar with their subscriber number codes that begins with 0803 for MTN, 0802 for Airtel then ECONET, 0805 for Glo and 0809 for Etisalat.

As time goes on, expansion took place and the network providers began to expand the numbers, until now that it has even become very difficult to know which number is for which network, hence, categorising the now 22 subscriber number first four digit codes into their seperate network could be helpful in determing which number belong to which network immediately you see the number.

For example, can easily identify the network that their numbers begin with these codes without proper verification?: 0817, 0814, 0701, 0815, 0810
and we have 22 of them now

www.highteknology..com/2014/11/the-numerous-and-now-confusing-first-4.html
Re: First 4 Digits Codes Of All GSM Subribers Numbers Numerous And Now Confusing by josh1st(m): 5:30am On Nov 08, 2014
Very confusing
Re: First 4 Digits Codes Of All GSM Subribers Numbers Numerous And Now Confusing by Nobody: 5:54am On Nov 08, 2014
I use to recognize the network by those digit then but not now
Re: First 4 Digits Codes Of All GSM Subribers Numbers Numerous And Now Confusing by Lovetinz(m): 5:59am On Nov 08, 2014
And now you have subscribers who had Ported,
it becomes not just difficult, but outright impossible.

1 Like

Re: First 4 Digits Codes Of All GSM Subribers Numbers Numerous And Now Confusing by davdandam(m): 6:48am On Nov 08, 2014
It's just annoying I tell you used to recognize by dial tone before, but now caller tune everywhere. ..even if don't have they'll dash you, I still dey wait make them gimme caller tune wey I never try before sha, I dey pity the agent wey go pick in advance.
Re: First 4 Digits Codes Of All GSM Subribers Numbers Numerous And Now Confusing by missdebs(f): 11:19am On Nov 08, 2014
as in seriously, called one glo number lyk dat usin my etisalat, thnkin dat i was usin my free credit, next thn i heard was 'u hav 1 min left for ur call' i screamd, chai.
Re: First 4 Digits Codes Of All GSM Subribers Numbers Numerous And Now Confusing by bongolistik(m): 5:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
missdebs:
as in seriously, called one glo number lyk dat usin my etisalat, thnkin dat i was usin my free credit, next thn i heard was 'u hav 1 min left for ur call' i screamd, chai.
lol
Re: First 4 Digits Codes Of All GSM Subribers Numbers Numerous And Now Confusing by eddyland: 10:46am On Nov 09, 2014
exactly my thought, I dnt evn bother again checkin d network dt owns doz digits. Extremely confusing!

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Which One Should I Go For and why?HuaweiY9,Redmi Note7 And Nokiax6. / If Anybody Compare Glo With Mtn Again Eh! Wtf / Please Avoid This Airtel Data Plan Like A Plague

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.