Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,188 members, 7,807,638 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? (28713 Views)

Funny Things Ladies Do During Pregnancy (pics) / Why Do Some Women Want More Kids? / Effect Of Ice Cold Water During Pregnancy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 5:10am On Nov 08, 2014
What is the reasom why some women become hostile during pregnancy?

I just had a flash back of my experience with a relative back in the days. In fact, I was her major target and prey.
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 5:46am On Nov 08, 2014
Because their hormones run riot more at that time.

28 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Bibol(f): 5:51am On Nov 08, 2014
Blame it on the hormones ! Some can't help it

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by DesChyko: 5:57am On Nov 08, 2014
Give an example of the habit you call 'hostile'. I strongly feel you meant to say intolerant, icky or something like that. Hostility has never been experienced by me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by cococandy(f): 6:27am On Nov 08, 2014
Hormones

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by jachi001(f): 7:13am On Nov 08, 2014
Its simply the hormone.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 08, 2014
DesChyko:
Give an example of the habit you call 'hostile'. I strongly feel you meant to say intolerant, icky or something like that. Hostility has never been experienced by me.
She was just lucky that I am not the rude type of kid back in the days. I was in my very early teens at that time.

She lied to my aunt whom we all stay with that I knew about the whereabout of my elder brother and sister.

She accused me of so many things I didn't know about and this often landed me in trouble with my aunt.

The funny thing was that when she was to deliver... I was the one whom the barton fell on to do the run around... Looking for taxi at about 6 am.

When we couldn't... My aunt asked me to wait so she could go look for a taxi. Before that one came back, na my front pikin bring head out on the street.

Kai... I had to shout for women to gather. I respect women that day. They just gathered round her in unity and covered her in circle with wrapper. And from there to the hearest hospital in the neighborhood.

That's life.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 08, 2014
Hormones? Na wa o. Which kind hormone be that?

Anyway, I had been wanting to just know why they act that way.

I pray my wife does not end up such o. I can't stand it. I hate stubborness or cruelty in any form.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by chii8(f): 7:57am On Nov 08, 2014
2sexi:

I pray my wife does not end up such o. I can't stand it. I hate stubborness or cruelty in any form.

u aiint seen notin yet

20 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by VocalWalls: 8:53am On Nov 08, 2014
Their feelings and emotions are heightened...

Some others feel everyone (even strangers) should pamper them just because they are pregnant.

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by ideology(m): 9:00am On Nov 08, 2014
2Mama again … cheesy cheesy

There's nothing there, just be cool during the period, everything will get better after pregnancy, some show same signs too during menstration too.

You just need to be more accommodating and patient during this period because anything easily irritates them.

Always remember there are lots of changes going on in their system that makes them uncomfortable and the irritation shows on the outside as well

Just call it mood swings, most times even the lady may be wondering why she's behaving that way.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 08, 2014
2sexi:

Don't marry

17 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 08, 2014
chii8:

u aiint seen notin yet
cheesy wetin I wan see again when I don see woman born form my present?

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 9:48am On Nov 08, 2014
VocalWalls:
Their feelings and emotions are heightened...

Some others feel everyone (even strangers) should pamper them just because they are pregnant.

Imma, are you VocalWall? Please clarify biko
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 08, 2014
ideology:
2Mama again … cheesy cheesy

There's nothing there, just be cool during the period, everything will get better after pregnancy, some show same signs too during menstration.

You just need to be more accommodating and patient during this period because anything easily irritates them.

Always remember there are lots of changes going on in their system that makes them uncomfortable and the irritation shows on the outside as well

Just call it mood swings, most times even the lady may be wondering why she's behaving that way.
Lol. Bros. I suffer for that lady hand o. See beating. Choi!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 08, 2014
I haven't gone through a pregnancy yet but I sort of find it wrong to excuse everything with hormones.
I have worked with pregnant women many times and I have never seen any of them having mood swings at work and taking them out on their colleagues, clients or bosses. I can excuse a woman who is going through a difficult pregnancy but a normal pregnancy is not an illness, is it?

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Richy4(m): 9:51am On Nov 08, 2014
Can you imagine something as big as a whole huge turkey growing inside of a person. Why wouldn't dey be hostile

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by beeevan: 10:12am On Nov 08, 2014
Intolerant should be a better word, for those that are usually cantankerous ,they become more so. For me, every little thing makes me want to cry, the body scent of some people makes me feel like shoving them into a bin. Pregnancy isn't a sickness but that doesn't mean it cannot simulate the symptoms of a disease.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by crackhaus: 10:18am On Nov 08, 2014
At about 15, a pregnant aunt of mine came to spend the last few months before her due date with my mom.
Unfortunately for her, I used to be very intolerant of nags/talkative women, have always been but have had to improve on that.

This aunt actually told my mom she thought I hated her, cos I avoided her at all cost and spent any of my time at home locked in my room making sure every contact with her was controlled and minimal - there was always something to complain about with this young mother-to-be, I just couldn't stand it.

My mother would laugh her socks off all through that period seeing the chemistry between us. gringrin

The only other time I had to be close to a pregnant woman was in a work environment, she always wanted to be given special treatment.
Hormones usually got the blame, and it's worse for some women during pregnancy.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by ameenahz(f): 10:41am On Nov 08, 2014
2sexi:

If your wife becomes really irritable during pregnancy, will you end the marriage?

Honestly, it is just hormones and the stress associated with pregnancy. You know women are very emotional beings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 08, 2014
Some even get mouth to talk.
Me wey started and perfected sign language from nowhere cheesy
Na u go pity me o.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by EfemenaXY: 10:51am On Nov 08, 2014
Mood swings aren't uncommon during pregnancy.
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by crackhaus: 10:58am On Nov 08, 2014
ameenahz:

If your wife becomes really irritable during pregnancy, will you end the marriage?

Honestly, it is just hormones and the stress associated with pregnancy. You know women are very emotional beings.
Really? cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by VocalWalls: 11:04am On Nov 08, 2014
2sexi:
Imma, are you VocalWall? Please clarify biko

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
ameenahz:

lol. I was kidding cheesy
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by ameenahz(f): 2:16pm On Nov 08, 2014
crackhaus:

Really? cheesy

Yes. At least almost all the women I have met, including myself.
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by adeoladrg(m): 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2014
Hormonal changes!
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by fittty(m): 7:24pm On Nov 08, 2014
This nairaland.com app dey make me see front page space Sha grin
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by itsIYKE(m): 7:24pm On Nov 08, 2014
I had a bad experience wit my sister in-law wen she was pregnant,....I was wondering wat I did to deserve all the bad energy being targeted at me,..until I was told it was normal

1 Like

Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by Kelvin0(m): 7:24pm On Nov 08, 2014
Very good question @Op...
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by constance500: 7:25pm On Nov 08, 2014
I'm coming
Re: Why Are Some Women Hostile During Pregnancy? by mcdokwe(m): 7:25pm On Nov 08, 2014
Some.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food / My Dad And I Aren't In Good Terms / Italian Man Walks The Equivalent Of Abuja To Kano Distance To Get Away From Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.