Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? (1816 Views)

5 Most Underrated Cities In Nigeria / 12 Most Loved Cities In Nigeria / 11 Most Developed Towns/cities In The SE. Which Is The Most Beautiful?(pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by okeke00(m): 11:11am On Nov 08, 2014
as for me i think anambra should own that honour.
Looking at the sketching of their major cities. Nnewi, Onitsha and Awka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 11:31am On Nov 08, 2014
okeke00:
Chai... .Dude ...You be witch? like seriously...that's the truth expecially Onitsha.....

1 Like

Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by okeke00(m): 11:32am On Nov 08, 2014
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
Chai... .Dude ...You be witch? like seriously...that's the truth expecially Onitsha.....
onitsha fine compared to Nnewi and awka
Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 11:42am On Nov 08, 2014
okeke00:
onitsha fine compared to Nnewi and awka
infrastructural development is not the main factor, when You talk about planing You talk about proactive measures towards an event, Onitsha is a commercial city but all the roads in Onitsha is just a Single lane, all the markets in Onitsha are situated at riverbanks , a lot of things are not well structured in Onitsha, likewise Awka that is on the verge to discover itself as the state Capital.
Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 08, 2014
Anambra state is the worst state in Nigeria.........full of dirty environs, kidnappers, thugs and daylight open criminals.

1 Like

Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by okeke00(m): 11:47am On Nov 08, 2014
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
infrastructural development is not the main factor, when You talk about planing You talk about proactive measures towards an event, Onitsha is a commercial city but all the roads in Onitsha is just a Single lane, all the markets in Onitsha are situated at riverbanks , a lot of things are not well structured in Onitsha, likewise Awka that is on the verge to discover itself as the state Capital.
never plan of owing a car if you are living in one of the cities in anambra
Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by ojimbo(m): 11:54am On Nov 08, 2014
@op. I will rather live in hell than to live in anambra, staying in nnewi alone is endangering your life, either you hit a motorcycle or you are been hit by okada. No city shuttle, no wide roads should incase you wished to own a car.
Front page thing plz
Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by bumitek02(m): 12:01pm On Nov 08, 2014
Pple that is criticizing anambara what will now say about ekiti state oyo state and ondo, place you will hardly better things only bush every were, anambara is second commercial state after lagos
Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 08, 2014
ojimbo:
@op. I will rather live in hell than to live in anambra, staying in nnewi alone is endangering your life, either you hit a motorcycle or you are been hit by okada. No city shuttle, no wide roads should incase you wished to own a car.
Front page thing plz
i remembered the last time i was travelling to aba thru onitsha. That was my first time of going that route. I stopped an okada man to take me to Peace Mass Transit, he drove me few yards from where i stopped him and charged me #200 for that. That man is just a BIG THIEF! And i think thats the lifestyle of onitsha people.
Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by ojimbo(m): 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2014
bumitek02:
Pple that is criticizing anambara what will now say about ekiti state oyo state and ondo, place you will hardly better things only bush every were, anambara is second commercial state after lagos
did you read the topic at all?

1 Like

Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2014
Asaba and delta state as a whole should be the most unorganised city and state respectively. Delta remains one of the most underdeveloped states in Nigeria with only two major unorganised cities; Asaba and Warri. Others are glorified towns that the communes there label as city just to console themselves. I am judging from realities on ground.
Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:04pm On Nov 08, 2014
okeke00:

Onitsha is planned
Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by Kingsley1000(m): 6:31am On Nov 09, 2014
The reason for the compacted structures in anambra is lack of land,as we are the smallest after lagos...most anambra cities like onitsha,nnewi,awka and ekulobia ain't planned but well organised now,,,
Anambra is has the most developed towns(diversified) after lagos but alas,there's no significant project executed by the government.
The state is developed by sole proprietors and entrepreneurs,so what do u expect?

But to answer ur Q,my list goes thus;
Abia
delta
edo
ebonyi
enugu
kogi
imo
even lagos isn't perfectly planned

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by okeke00(m): 6:44am On Nov 09, 2014
Kingsley1000:
The reason for the compacted structures in anambra is lack of land,as we are the smallest after lagos...most anambra cities like onitsha,nnewi,awka and ekulobia ain't planned but well organised now,,,
Anambra is has the most developed towns(diversified) after lagos but alas,there's no significant project executed by the government.
The state is developed by sole proprietors and entrepreneurs,so what do u expect?

But to answer ur Q,my list goes thus;
Abia
delta
edo
ebonyi
enugu
kogi
imo
even lagos isn't perfectly planned
lol, do you live in anambra?
Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by Kingsley1000(m): 11:07am On Nov 09, 2014
okeke00:
lol, do you live in anambra?
yep and i school at abia state.apparently,i have spent 4yrs there.
I have been to all southern states,so aint being prejudiced
Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by xkris11(m): 2:21pm On Nov 09, 2014
bumitek02:

I know you ve not visited all those state you mentioned,you can not compare OYO and Ondo with anambara,they re both more developed state than anambara,visit the state before u talk wat you dont know.
Re: Which State Has The Most Unplanned Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 10, 2014
ANAMBRA

(1) (Reply)

Please, Is Kuramo Beach Still Existing? / How Do I Travel From Ughelli/warri In Delta State To Ile-ife In Osun State / What "IF" All African Americans Are Sent To Nigeria. ACCEPT Or REJECT (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.