Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Which One Should I Choose: Passion Or Money - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which One Should I Choose: Passion Or Money (1005 Views)

Success: A Passion Or An Obsession / I got two Job Offers, which should I choose? I'm Confused..... Advice Please!!!! / PWC Or KPMG Which One Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Should I Choose: Passion Or Money by Lakulos(m): 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2014
Pls i need your opinion on this, il try to summarize.

I got a job in a consulting company last year, i initially resumed as a contract staff afta which i was made a full staff afta some time but i do not like d job, i don't have a defined job specification, today i will work as a customer service personnel, tomorrow as an IT personnel, anoda day il work as a messenger, it has even gotten worse to d extent that my boss sends me to buy her roasted corn n plantain or to collect 'aso ebi' from her friend in a nearby office. I get frustrated bt i kip on doing my job because i don't wnt to go bk to being jobless.

Last wk i got anoda job offer which happens to b a job i av passion for, bt i was told my monthly salary is 30k wit no hope of increment any time soon, infact i was told that they don't call it salary rather dey call it allowance. In my present place of work i am paid 70k i also enjoy free health insurance.

My question now is shld i pick d new offer ova my present job cos it aligns wit my passion even though the pay is vry little or continue wit my present job n endure all i go tru hoping that one day il gt a better job?
Re: Which One Should I Choose: Passion Or Money by kilokeys(m): 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2014
skill is what u need..
personally collect the bullshit.. save up, improve on urself..
then get something better than both offers.

dont go and suffer with 30k o..

my passion is sipping baileys every afternoon at elegushi beach with my guitar.. watching half unclad pple run by...

do i follow my passion? naaah.. hunger go beat me..

passion sometimes is never enough.. ull would be happy but poor..

3 Likes

Re: Which One Should I Choose: Passion Or Money by sheunfemix: 1:53pm On Nov 08, 2014
Hmmm u and dis ur job sha. If u stay with ur 70k job, u won't get promoted too or will u? But dat 30 small sha. If u go for ur paSsion, u get more experience and u'll be better @ what u do.. Hmmm
If u stay with the oda job with no job description and u get another job then they ask u what u did before with d 70k joba, u'll say u use to go buy roasted corn and get aso ebi.
Re: Which One Should I Choose: Passion Or Money by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
Hmmmm, you really have a tough decision to make here...
Personally if in your shoes, I will stay with my current job.... why??
1) My being happy at this new job isn't guaranteed... Have you spoken to any of their employees to know what it's like working there? Also, your present workplace seems more organised than them.....

2) I can't take up a new job that pays lesser than what I earn, I seek upgrade and not the other way round. .. 30k isn't even up to what you earn currently. ... The main aim of living/working is to survive and be able to take care of your needs, can 30k do that for you?

3) My position in this current organisation may be redefined later and a specific job position given to me or a vacancy may come up and I will be found eligible. . Have you ever spoken to your boss about this?

4) I will prefer a job that offers promotion et al, to a job where I will be stagnant, no promotion, benefits et al because sooner or later I will become frustrated...

Op, it's your decision to make... if going for this new job will make you happier, then do that, really. ..Goodluck
Re: Which One Should I Choose: Passion Or Money by Lakulos(m): 7:34pm On Nov 08, 2014
MarvellousGod:
Hmmmm, you really have a tough decision to make here...
Personally if in your shoes, I will stay with my current job.... why??
1) My being happy at this new job isn't guaranteed... Have you spoken to any of their employees to know what it's like working there? Also, your present workplace seems more organised than them.....

2) I can't take up a new job that pays lesser than what I earn, I seek upgrade and not the other way round. .. 30k isn't even up to what you earn currently. ... The main aim of living/working is to survive and be able to take care of your needs, can 30k do that for you?

3) My position in this current organisation may be redefined later and a specific job position given to me or a vacancy may come up and I will be found eligible. . Have you ever spoken to your boss about this?

4) I will prefer a job that offers promotion et al, to a job where I will be stagnant, no promotion, benefits et al because sooner or later I will become frustrated...

Op, it's your decision to make... if going for this new job will make you happier, then do that, really. ..Goodluck

Tanks

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Work / Please, Who Got This Invite Too? / Pullman Hotels & Resorts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.