Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,329 members, 7,808,104 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Chocolates: Food Of The Gods - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Chocolates: Food Of The Gods (720 Views)

watch out this Food Of Faith -just Believe / Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate And White Chocolates Aavailable For Sale / Fine Chocolates Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chocolates: Food Of The Gods by diet234: 3:20pm On Nov 08, 2014
If there is one flavoring that everyone seems to love, it’s chocolate. Personally, I don’t joke with the “Chocolate Devotion” ice cream plus waffles each time I go to unwind at the nearest Cold Stone Creamery. This is what it looks like - http://diet234.com/chocolate/

Chocolate is rich and sweet, with a distinctive taste that cannot be duplicated, it is no wonder it’s the universal favorite when it comes to flavor. I’m guessing, it is perhaps the most popular sweet flavoring worldwide.

History

According to my research, this love for chocolate can be traced through the centuries. Some ancient cultures often referred to it as a “food of the gods” for its exquisite taste and appeal, “gift from the gods” for its medicinal properties, if you check around, you’ll find that quality chocolate is still a pricy food item as was in the early Americas in pre-Columbian times. In my childhood days, my mom used to portion the quantity of Toblerone I and my brothers were allowed to take out of the refrigerator. We used to cherish the chocolate like it was some kind of “Holy Sacrament”.

Below is a classic picture of the one my dad comes home with on return from his Trans-European business travels, back in the days.

Learn more about chocolate here: http://diet234.com/chocolate/

(1) (Reply)

Online Cake Delivery In Hyderabad - Call A Cake / Where Can I Get Fresh Corn At This Time Of The Year. / MylFit app is a customized health and fitness solution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.