Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! (7810 Views)

Priscilla Ephraim Best Graduating Student-engineering Project Mgt At Coventry / Aliko Dangote's Daughter Graduates From Coventry University (Photos) / What Can You Say About Hertfordshire University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 22, 2008
I need someone to help me out of this dilenma.I got admission to study management in janaury at hertfordshire university and bournemouth university and MBA at coventry university.the ratings usually puts bournemouth ahead of the other two but an MBA i think wldnt b bad too.I need those with first hand experience to let me knw if this ratings usually do count as i would put my prospects of getting a job in the uk and nigeria higher above any other factor after studying.Thanks as i anticipate to read from u guys
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by adaezeigwe(f): 8:53am On Nov 22, 2008
@poster,do u believe in God's miracle, if yes then put them in prayers, i believe he can help u solve ur dilemma
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 24, 2008
Im praying n hopin some alumni or sumtin wld give me first hand infos.still waiting
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by debosky(m): 12:04am On Nov 25, 2008
According to The Times' ranking, Bournemouth Uni exceeds all the others

http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_gug/gooduniversityguide.php

Even in rankings regarding business courses, Bournemouth Uni is still ranked above the others. On the other hand, the MBA thing is a strongly recognised Qualification, and Coventry University is sort of a 'known name' in Nigeria - that is if you are thinking of coming back home to work.

I would advise you to do the MBA at Coventry since the Universities you are comparing are all average ones - none of them stand out as such. If you were comparing a top 10 university to any of these three, then I would definitely say choose one of the top 10 ones, but in this case, pick Coventry University.
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by LadyDee1(f): 3:08pm On Nov 26, 2008
Knowing what the system is like in the UK and the reputation the universities you named.
Go to Coventry, its more reputable than the rest, the others are former Polytechnics (not a great thing over here!!) embarassed
Coventry has a more recognised status than others and higher on the most recent league table. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Best of Luck! wink
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 08, 2008
tnx guyz u all hv been wonderful but there seems to be a new twist to dis as i got admission for int biz and management from birmingham city uni and banking and investment securities msc at london school of business and finance so im not realli sure about what to do nw.and it dsnt get any worse if you don't have pipl dat have pipl in the UK to help.pls i need more contributions
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by mikkyangel(m): 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2008
"guy u don get visa"?, its not about the admission, its very easy to secure, thnk about the visa,
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by skolars(m): 8:34pm On Dec 09, 2008
i can help u secure admission in ur dept of choice ones ur files/documents are complete.just call 08080580000 and i shall be there for u/assist u.its free and real
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by Ikeymann0O: 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2008
@ poster,

To be honest, none of them is that reputable because they are all just former polytechnics and as far as MBA is concerned, why not spend your hard earned cash in a red-brick university? However, without diverting from the main question, I'll suggest you attend Coventry University but you'll be embarassed as Warwick University that offer the same MBA programme is just a stone throw away and you have a higher probability of securing a job in the UK with a Warwick MBA than coventry.

I have worked in the education sector for a while and must confess some of these universities are not worth a mention because the difference between these university and a reputable one is only a couple of thousands away plus for you to get a job in the UK with your MBA, there are only some universiries that the home office recognise their MBA qualification.

So in other not to waste your time, try and get to the home office website for a bit of more guidance else, your MBA would be a waste of effort as the UK's home office does not recognise your qualification hence you might have a difficulty extending your visa http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/ecis/hsmpcaseworkerguidance/mba.pdf.

More so, there are so many universities in the UK and sorry none of the ones you are hoping to attend are worth it.

If you need help,let me know. I'm not trying to criticise you, but trying to help so please ignore whichever way I 've come across and just take this as a constructive criticism.

Thanks
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2008
Thanks for the constructive criticism,however,i tot i shld add that i intend to come get a job after my studies IN NiGERIA and dnt wish to remain there.I actualli went for medicals at oceanic few days back and dnt realli knw wat to do again,stay or choose a school.Do u knw much about the regents business school?cos i got admitted there too recently and i heard its a sister school to the european business school.Wat do u think nw?
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by debosky(m): 10:53pm On Dec 17, 2008
Did you apply to schools like Warwick like Ikey mentioned but didn't get admission?

Forget all these 'city universities' - you would be better off attending Lagos Business School than going to waste money in those type of schools.
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 18, 2008
I never applied at warwick cause they dnt have january start courses and i dnt want to wait till september doing nothing.
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by Ikeymann0O: 4:26pm On Dec 18, 2008
I could help you conduct a simple research as to which MBA course start in January and get back to you but it's not worth it if you have to go back to the aforementioned universities rather than go to a reputable university which would'll be proud of forever rather than a univesity where you could get through 9months earlier and then regret later.

Apparently people say that Nigerian employers don't know the difference and I've been lucky to go to some of the prestigious world-class university for my degree and masters and I can tell you it's been worth the wait (as in the case of my masters where I had to wait for 9months to get into Kings college London for a September start) as I was in the same situation just like you, eager for an early start.

My friend, if there's no reputable starting up in September, please exercise patience because like I said above, because you'd be better off staying in Nigeria than attending these universities.
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by chyk91(m): 4:07am On Dec 19, 2008
@ skolars
oh boy, she no beg u 4 admission, she even dey confused about the university she wan go and u crook wan begin dey yan okpata. no come here dey try do 419 oh. u hear me.
@ poster
its all ur choice, decide on what you want to do after ur studies and pick a suitable university. i will say coventry sha.
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by cvibe: 6:31am On Dec 19, 2008
@ poster

You have to make a decision on what you want to do, and be focused on it.

Coventry sticks out from all the choices highlighted.
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 24, 2008
i appreciate all advice and contributions,i have therefore decided to go to strathclyde university,they have the second best rating for management courses in the uk and are 30 in the world for mba courses,tied with warwick and cranfield.I settled for them cos they r d only institution i saw that could accept a 2:2 with my nim certificate for masters, have i made a good choice?
Re: I'm Confused, Where Do I Go: Hertfordshire, Coventry Or Bournemouth! by chyk91(m): 11:24pm On Dec 24, 2008
only u knows if u made a good choice.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Interschool Debate Semi Finals Best Debaters' Essays / You Are Potential Governors, Professionals - EKSU Vc Tells Fresh Students / Imo Completes The First Of 305 Flagship Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.