Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? (37208 Views)

Ladies Checkout This Latest Cute And Sexy Hairstyle / Can Someone Explain This Hairstyle To Me (photo) / Would You Rock This Snake Type Of Hairstyle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Diffdeef(m): 8:09pm On Nov 08, 2014
Let me cut this thread in 2,the first one should be what my subject is which is "does the kind of hairstyle you keep define who you are? Then the second should be the best hairstyle a guy should stick to? They're quite related so the first one first...Let's begin*

I'm a guy,so I'm focused more on men's hairstyle,people can really put a niggur in a state of confusion,they think the kind of hairstyle an individual rocks defines who he is,attitude/behavior/upbringing/ etc...like most people in our society think a guy that goes on lowcut automatically becomes gentle and things of sort?? Emm and a niggur that goes on punk,afro-punk,mohawk..eem..dada etc is some kind of indecent lousy tout,Lol or some kind of bad niggur who spends most of his time on trivial things?? U know what I mean...earthly things? One of my pal that rocks this grown axx punk hair told me how people ask him if he's a musician or something related? lemme not type much...I just don't fink the kinda hair u rock got anything to do wif u,I know some guys on rugged-type hair buh are cool af...gentle and well behaved,you can only know someone better by being close to the person at least for quite a while not by mere sighting of someone's hair,smh ppl dumb. Emm no 2.

The best hairstyle a guy should stick to?? To you reading this,what's yo best? Mehnn for years I don't know the kinda hair I should stick to,most peeps say lowcut is the best,in a way they think it's more mature than others,buh lowcut no fit me that much!! Keeping my hair grown does,like a mini afro buh yet lots of peeps,my fam too bash me ehh...jumping down my throat...like niggur go get your hair cut!! Altho they know they can't make me,but why do they make it seem like a terrible thing? No be wetin fit me?? That's all...now yall comment...I even heard some gurls say they like guys on lowcut and some also said they like guys wif grown hair and other stylish hairstyle. Confused af smh.

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by valmunich(m): 8:31pm On Nov 08, 2014
Honestly, I am big victim of what you just wrote.
I've been growing my hair for a year and half now

Everybody is just complaining, from my parents to most people in school. I'm even asked to leave leshures sometimes, some even term me a cultist undecided

I don't know why people think that the kinda hair one keeps defines him, it's so wrong undecided

That I decide to go low on cutz changes noffin in me, same as growing it . People needs to start changing that silly ideology undecided

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by marieolae(f): 8:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
Your hair definitely does not define who you are as a man. Its all about your personal preference.

Most African parents will always desist full hair.

The other day I told my cousin that he should try keeping his hair. He told me that people will see him as an irresponsible person, that he can not do such.

I believe that if you want to keep a small afro,,maintenance is the key. If full hair is untidy and rough, it could definitely send out the wrong message to people.

There are a lot of responsible men,,who keep their hair very full and vice versa. So don't allow this minor issue to weigh you down

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by marieolae(f): 8:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
Naijaboiy pls come and help this guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by hummerwise(m): 9:00pm On Nov 08, 2014
Am a big viCtim of this 2..

I think the neccesary antedote to this is just keep doing wah yu doing and make sure yur good for it...Sooner or later people that were complaining wil get along with it..

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by naijaboiy: 9:03pm On Nov 08, 2014
Thanks marieolae...

@Op...I would say you are not the only person experiencing this.

I like keeping my hair full and this started when I left secondary school because we were not allowed to grow our hair to any length. So I decided to keep it full and I like it.

Although most people say I look finer on low-cut but I tell them it's not because of being fine,,i'm just so attached to my hair. tongue

This could affect your studies or career in a way though. In my department,,i was fined for my full hair and I was told to reduce it,,although I didn't.

Apart from school,,my siblings and parents are cool with it.

Your hairstyle does not define your character,,but it can prevent you from many things. You can't carry dreadlocks to go for a job interview.

So you grow your hair according to the situation you find yourself in life tongue

17 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Fabdedon(m): 9:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
Neldrizzy oo.. Come and show the the stuff your hair is made off..i soo much like the darkness of your hair..
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by JOETYNO: 9:11pm On Nov 08, 2014
Sometimes ur hair do defines U, if its grown and untidy, bro that person go dirty smal for house

most popular cultists for ma hood go on stone(as in 2face style) wit black lips, no be person go even tel U say na dem! Lol!

I've been on a normal size, well maintained punk for long, when I just mistakenly cut am to low cut, ma babe no recognise me again, lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 08, 2014
lols, we live in a society where men growing hair is seen as a sin/taboo sad if low cut or gorimakpa doesn't fit u,then growing ur hair afro is okay.. in fact I love n admire guys with afro! good clean Afros oo. u see some Afros, so shiny n fresh that it hooks u to that person n u just keep staring n admiring him smiley what's worse than putting on a hairstyle that doesn't fit u?!? shocked abeg no try am o.

but if u wanna barb it bkus of peer pressure or what the society thinks...then finesmiley but don't ask God why ur still single o tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Diffdeef(m): 9:15pm On Nov 08, 2014
valmunich:
Honestly, I am big victim of what you just wrote.
I've been growing my hair for a year and half now

Everybody is just complaining, from my parents to most people in school. I'm even asked to leave leshures sometimes, some even term me a cultist undecided

I don't know why people think that the kinda hair one keeps defines him, it's so wrong undecided

That I decide to go low on cutz changes noffin in me, same as growing it . People needs to start changing that silly ideology undecided
the thing is I'm even scared to have a lowcut I sure know I will get annoying comments from people like...omo guy u don change oo...*damn u looked more handsome wif grown hairs* u look like a joke now* *who did this to you?* etc lol I no barb again. cheesy
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by ghost1718(m): 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2014
i just dey look u
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Neldrizzy(m): 9:29pm On Nov 08, 2014
Fabdedon:
Neldrizzy oo.. Come and show the the stuff your hair is made off..i soo much like the darkness of your hair..
My papa say mak i cut am sadsadsad but na plait i de plait am now!

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by iamord(m): 9:39pm On Nov 08, 2014
Hmm.am also going through the same thing. I have been know to be a gentle guy of good conduct. but ever since I braided my hair I have turned into a bad guy over night.. The young ones and the ladies love it. I even receive compliments from random people.. But the parents and the holy holy people .. Hmmm.. I remember going to the market and one of my mum customers saw me. She asked if am an artiste and I said no. Then she came closer and told me as a child of God the bible says that boys should barb low cut.. I was like After 5 days I took the braids off cos of the pressure.. But I though of it.. Am not suppose to give a 4k. Afterall you are not feeding me.. If u can accept me for who I am then that ur biz.. The african crowd mentality is bad

2 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Fabdedon(m): 9:43pm On Nov 08, 2014
Neldrizzy:
My papa say mak i cut am sadsadsad but na plait i de plait am now!
choi... Pintures or...*winks..ehya bt nah dat afro make pass nah..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Rapzino: 9:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
I have been through this man, the pressure could be too much but just do ya thing. The kinda hair you rock, does not define who you are. I'll keep rocking my AFRO till the day i die.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by cupidhero(m): 9:52pm On Nov 08, 2014
bro! if the hair brings out the best in you keep it.another thing is the kind of person you are.i'm a free thinker/non-conformist so people can't actually tell me what to do with my brain and even my hair.people call you a fool when you grow long beards.if the lenght of a man's beard should be used as a tool to measure his foolishness then wole soyinka deserves an award in foolery abi na moronism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by cupidhero(m): 10:06pm On Nov 08, 2014
EroticAngelina:
lols, we live in a society where men growing hair is seen as a sin/taboo sad if low cut or gorimakpa doesn't fit u,then growing ur hair afro is okay.. in fact I love n admire guys with afro! good clean Afros oo. u see some Afros, so shiny n fresh that it hooks u to that person n u just keep staring n admiring him smiley what's worse than putting on a hairstyle that doesn't fit u?!? shocked abeg no try am o.
tongue
i'm currently on a fro patrol,my afro is glossy and shiny,just the way you like it. just thought you should know.

5 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Georgematics(m): 10:14pm On Nov 08, 2014
EroticAngelina:

but if u wanna barb it bkus of peer pressure or what the society thinks...then finesmiley but don't ask God why ur still single o tongue

I think fresh and shiny afro is in vogue rite naw.

am keeping mine frosh so I may get some Angelica actions some dayz tongue
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by herald9: 10:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
Rapzino:
I have been through this man, the pressure could be too much but just do ya thing. The kinda hair you rock, does not define who you are. I'll keep rocking my AFRO till the day i die.
I rocked Galas when I went to write exams...The lecturer told me I don't look responsible... even though I have this innocent face...

when I came back I had to go 'skull'... let it re-grow... now am rocking mohawk.

I may be planning on a new hairstyle before school resumessad

2 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
cupidhero:
i'm currently on a fro patrol,my afro is glossy and shiny,just the way you like it. just thought you should know.
lolss, hmmm u think I'm gonna start admiring u? lol
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 08, 2014
Georgematics:

I think fresh and shiny afro is in vogue rite naw.

am keeping mine frosh so I may get some Angelica actions some dayz tongue
lols what kinda action? hehehe Better cleanse ur mind o tongue
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by cupidhero(m): 10:28pm On Nov 08, 2014
EroticAngelina:
lolss, hmmm u think I'm gonna start admiring u? lol
how about curly? non-greasy and oilly with extra sheen? don't make me wait..you promised..you said you admire blokes with afro and mine is even customized. take ma heart already!
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Georgematics(m): 10:29pm On Nov 08, 2014
EroticAngelina:
lols what kinda action? hehehe Better cleanse ur mind o tongue

choi...dat ur prefix kinda action grin

ma mind dey cleanced by default o
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Rapzino: 10:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
herald9:

I rocked Galas when I went to write exams...The lecturer told me I don't look responsible... even though I have this innocent face...

when I came back I had to go 'skull'... let it re-grow... now am rocking mohawk.

I may be planning on a new hairstyle before school resumessad
mehn that's bad, my Physics lecturer has been on my heels ever since i resumed cos of my afro.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by herald9: 10:49pm On Nov 08, 2014
Rapzino:
mehn that's bad, my Physics lecturer has been on my heels ever since i resumed cos of my afro.
Lolz but Afro is a normal hairstyle naw...

Abi he dey fear competition?cheesy

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Rapzino: 11:00pm On Nov 08, 2014
herald9:

Lolz but Afro is a normal hairstyle naw...

Abi he dey fear competition?cheesy
lol, even me dey wonder o.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by StealthyMe(m): 12:08am On Nov 09, 2014
IMO,i don't think the hairstyle you sport defines you...instead it kind of gives an insight into the kind of person you could be.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by kelvindim(m): 1:09am On Nov 09, 2014
As in my case, I really do like keeping afros though. It's just something I adore. It makes me look outstanding amongst all my peers way back when in secondary school. All the girls in my class and the next, and the next, they all love my looks. Because of my looks, I find it easy to get a word in edgeways with almost any girl. Cute right? It's just like a booster of courage and high self-esteem to me. It's just so sad I now go with the ”punk-style” hair-do. Anyways, I for one still looks cute in it. Oh! How I miss my afro haircut.

That aside sha, I still don't think that one's hair-do determines his character or attitude. It's in the heart. Who wan bad go bad. Sha me got into a great méss back while I was in secondary school sha. Our Vice Chancellor gave me one heck of a time. She said I most cut my hair oh. For where! I nor cut am kakaka! Then she went forth labelling me a stigma in my class. Come see, class go dey go on, that old lady go find me and a few come class with scissors. See where men dey locate the nearest window. cheesy Till I finish school she nor gree me rest. Anyways sha, she was the worst ordeal I ever came up with while in school then. Thank God nobody go fit come question me as per the kind of hair I carry now.

Old pinshure of my ”curly, non-greasy and oily extra sheen hair,” just had to borrow cupidhero's lines in that. cheesy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by ichidodo: 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
Fucck that,i just wanna be on frontpage...
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
If u go for low cut,they term u as a good guy,if u go for afro, some see u as a good guy and some as a bad guy but if u go for punk +parting+a little afro with coils, majority term u very bad but if u go to the extent of plaiting ur hair,almost everyone thinks u are a cultist. BUT IT shouldn't be this way,People shouldn't be assessed by their hairstyles. But I partially agree that excessive and provocative haircut(styles) do mean u really are a bad guy.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by bunmioguns(m): 1:04pm On Nov 12, 2014
undecided
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by coolvitus(m): 1:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
I think so becoz is how u ar insid dt u will like to look lik

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? / "I Am Happier In Bikinis": Yvonne Nwosu Shares Photos / Social Media Slay Queen Shows Off Her Makeup, And It’s On “fleek”! (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.