Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,817 members, 7,806,294 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:11 PM

Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? (37220 Views)

Ladies Checkout This Latest Cute And Sexy Hairstyle / Can Someone Explain This Hairstyle To Me (photo) / Would You Rock This Snake Type Of Hairstyle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Ybholy(m): 2:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
Its just for the ladies out there . Not for us . So . . . . . . .
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by cupidora(f): 2:59pm On Nov 12, 2014
To your question,my opinion is yes and no.
-Yes,the kinda hair one keeps defines him to an extent,your preferences,your style,your looks all come together to make up who you are. Choosing a particular hairstyle may not just be because you like it on someone or you like how it looks on you,it may go a long way in saying how you want to be addressed and who you want to be seen as and as a matter of fact what you what to achieve with that particular look,it then goes to say the kinda person you are because all these elements add up to a bigger picture,your personality. It's influenced by choice and so largely goes to say who u want to be seen as.
-No,you may just settle for a particular look for some circumstances you inevitably can't control,perhaps you're too busy to go to a salon often or you dnt even have the cash to keep trimming as often as u shd(trust me ppl can be dat broke) then the hair just grows 'n u decide to leave it full. It could be you don't have the resources to maintain dreads but u can atleast keep a low-cut. These now become the circumstances behind one's look and not necessarily out of choice.
Thus,considering we live in a society where people are judged by their looks and trivial actions by the youth is very well blown out of proportion by a majority of the older generation,whatever kind of look you choose to wear that is contrary to ordinary,flat and well other synonyms of such,you 'd be considered irresponsible and a willing tool of the 'bad guy' satan. Take for example my boyfriend,a very responsible promising young man,he's been keeping full hair for as long as 15years now... He studied in Ghana,he comes back and decides to join the church choir,and the lady in charge says he has to go cut his hair and come back to show his level of seriousness... Oh well,'he never got serious'. So you see. I love nice hair,any look dats good on someone rocks for me wink

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by kelvindim(m): 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
yhermmie:

I visited ur profile but didnt like ur pics and i'm not a goat

U look cute though kiss
Thanks! smiley

Well I visited yours also and I liked your picture. So do the needful bae. wink
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
embarassed me my own hair is much bt it doesnt stand upright, like after combing it ,it later relax by itsef, i want it to stand upright high , please any advise?
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by AfricanApple(f): 3:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
lots of unnecessary things our society frowns at.

I so much like it when a guy grows his hair, just make it neat and tidy all d time.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by johnstar(m): 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2014
hehehehehehe
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by johnstar(m): 3:16pm On Nov 12, 2014
AfricanApple:
slots of unnecessary things our society frowns at.

I so much like it when a guy grows his hair, just make it neat and tidy all d time.
hmm, rili?
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by johnstar(m): 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2014
zleemshaddy:
embarassed me my own hair is much bt it doesnt stand upright, like after combing it ,it later relax by itsef, i want it to stand upright high , please any advise?
same here, I guess d problem is bcus u don't use haircream, probably ur hair is nt dat oily
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by jauntty: 3:20pm On Nov 12, 2014
I have always being on lowcut, kinda makes me look professional in my job. Recently started keeping "Low afro"....still experimenting with it tho.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Mekzmoney(m): 3:21pm On Nov 12, 2014
In this contry 9ja, ur hair defines who u are. Keeping ur hair in 9ja makes u luk irresponsible. For instance ur a graduate n ur lukin 4job in dis country, guys wen ur in 4 interview, ur hair alone will deprive u d job because of dia impression 2wards u. I keep hair during my school days but I had to go on low cut because of d interview n all dat. So I suggest dat we hav our hair properly cut unless ur still a student, artist or an actor.... Dats ma suggestion ooo.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by nickz(m): 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
in africa....keeping it low is a must!!ulgringrin
an african parent can disown their child because of a haircut

i once jokingly told my mum while we were watching football and this guiness "made of black" advert came on...that i wanted to get that phyno haircutgringringringrin

she told me "ubosi ahu ka iga anwu"grin with a stern face
she uses ibo when she's moody
the mood behind that face can killgrin

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by apparentlylaw(m): 3:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
Side cut/ Afro Rocks joor ..aint minding wat any1 finks

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
Diffdeef:
Let me cut this thread in 2,the first one should be what my subject is which is "does the kind of hairstyle you keep define who you are? Then the second should be the best hairstyle a guy should stick to? They're quite related so the first one first...Let's begin*

I'm a guy,so I'm focused more on men's hairstyle,people can really put a niggur in a state of confusion,they think the kind of hairstyle an individual rocks defines who he is,attitude/behavior/upbringing/ etc...like most people in our society think a guy that goes on lowcut automatically becomes gentle and things of sort?? Emm and a niggur that goes on punk,afro-punk,mohawk..eem..dada etc is some kind of indecent lousy tout,Lol or some kind of bad niggur who spends most of his time on trivial things?? U know what I mean...earthly things? One of my pal that rocks this grown axx punk hair told me how people ask him if he's a musician or something related? lemme not type much...I just don't fink the kinda hair u rock got anything to do wif u,I know some guys on rugged-type hair buh are cool af...gentle and well behaved,you can only know someone better by being close to the person at least for quite a while not by mere sighting of someone's hair,smh ppl dumb. Emm no 2.

The best hairstyle a guy should stick to?? To you reading this,what's yo best? Mehnn for years I don't know the kinda hair I should stick to,most peeps say lowcut is the best,in a way they think it's more mature than others,buh lowcut no fit me that much!! Keeping my hair grown does,like a mini afro buh yet lots of peeps,my fam too bash me ehh...jumping down my throat...like niggur go get your hair cut!! Altho they know they can't make me,but why do they make it seem like a terrible thing? No be wetin fit me?? That's all...now yall comment...I even heard some gurls say they like guys on lowcut and some also said they like guys wif grown hair and other stylish hairstyle. Confused af smh.

we are africans we don't use*niggur* i swear you can write without that word

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by johnstar(m): 3:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
WASMOG:
Am a victim too, I was forced to start scraping my hair when I secure a job in a security company, I just wish God can provide another job 4 me where I will be free to keep my afro.
gud for u, apariii..

ur head come blyk white hart lane pitch wer spurs dey play match
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2014
Alfred234:
Lol don't insult me with style jor i didn't want to show off my hair with dat pix i was just saying that my hair was full when i took d pix... Too bad d hoodie is covering it.

Okay. Seen!
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by johnstar(m): 3:29pm On Nov 12, 2014
all of una come dey use style upload una pishure, too attract our gals undecided

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by AfricanApple(f): 3:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
johnstar:
hmm, rili?
yes really smiley
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by AfricanApple(f): 3:33pm On Nov 12, 2014
johnstar:
all of una come dey use style upload una pishure, too attract our gals undecided
grin grin grin clowns
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
johnstar:
same here, I guess d problem is bcus u don't use haircream, probably ur hair is nt dat oily
i do cream my hair bt nt always tho , i just dnt knw why itz lyk dat
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by ceononi: 3:35pm On Nov 12, 2014
Lemme say this, for me its a yes and no... Yes for the fact that people will and continue to assume a lot about you just by the kinda hairstyle you rock.I must add this, some niggars tends to portray a kinda lifestyle based on what they rock.

Now to my No, we are who we are regardless of the kinda hairstyle we rock, but sometimes your kinda hairstyle often downgrades or elevates our swag or image.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by charlydamianpat(m): 3:37pm On Nov 12, 2014
of coz it does........its simply the first line of contact to know who u are.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Rose111: 3:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
Im playing i am not my hair by indiare Ft Akon just to let yáll know i am not my hair
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by peterphd(m): 3:42pm On Nov 12, 2014
ThoniaSlim:
I'm sorry but if I saw a grown a.s.s man with braids or conrows, I'll just assume you going through some sort of mid life crisis. undecided
kanu nwankwo is going through some mid-life crisis huh?
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Revolva(m): 3:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
Any body wey no like my hairstyle make the person go scratch naysh for gutter....
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
peterphd:

kanu nwankwo is going through some mid-life crisis huh?

You never know. He might be going through one. My opinion. undecided
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Onyiibazz: 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2014
I dont even know what to call my hairstyle, maybe some1 shud look it up on my profile and name it! I dont know weda it's afro or punk
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by LordIllegal(m): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2014
Is Nigeria located in Ghana ?? Here in America, pastors have dreadlocks and Tattoos.. Nigeria Is NOT a COUNTRY.

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Keluong(m): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2014
amakufrancis:
everyone are complaining of ma afro, its grown though black and shinny, and i always kip it neat. View ma profile and advice me weda to cut it low or not. . . D disturbance don too much.
my hair was like this a month ago, but my parents made me cut it.
So it depends on your parents. They are the only ones that have any right at all to tell you what to do with your hair.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Keluong(m): 3:51pm On Nov 12, 2014
amakufrancis:
everyone are complaining of ma afro, its grown though black and shinny, and i always kip it neat. View ma profile and advice me weda to cut it low or not. . . D disturbance don too much.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by amakufrancis(m): 3:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
Keluong:

my hair was like this a month ago, but my parents made me cut it.
So it depends on your parents. They are the only ones that have any right at all to tell you what to do with your hair.
they told me to reduce it, and i will definetely do it.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by LordIllegal(m): 4:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
This is 2014.. Do people still live in Nigeria ??

1 Share

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Wisegeek01(m): 4:05pm On Nov 12, 2014
Just as ur dressing doesn't define you, your hair doesn't either,
It's just the way people think at times an Idealogy whatever you call it,
people will always jump to conclusions about appearances and probably remind you of the addage
"u are addressed the way u dress"

So if you don't want to be addressed or be seen in some way, change the look*

but if u don't care what people think, damn their opinions and look the way u want .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? / "I Am Happier In Bikinis": Yvonne Nwosu Shares Photos / Social Media Slay Queen Shows Off Her Makeup, And It’s On “fleek”! (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.