Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? (37225 Views)

Ladies Checkout This Latest Cute And Sexy Hairstyle / Can Someone Explain This Hairstyle To Me (photo) / Would You Rock This Snake Type Of Hairstyle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Wisegeek01(m): 4:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by iamord(m): 4:08pm On Nov 12, 2014
cupidora:
To your question,my opinion is yes and no.
-Yes,the kinda hair one keeps defines him to an extent,your preferences,your style,your looks all come together to make up who you are. Choosing a particular hairstyle may not just be because you like it on someone or you like how it looks on you,it may go a long way in saying how you want to be addressed and who you want to be seen as and as a matter of fact what you what to achieve with that particular look,it then goes to say the kinda person you are because all these elements add up to a bigger picture,your personality. It's influenced by choice and so largely goes to say who u want to be seen as.
-No,you may just settle for a particular look for some circumstances you inevitably can't control,perhaps you're too busy to go to a salon often or you dnt even have the cash to keep trimming as often as u shd(trust me ppl can be dat broke) then the hair just grows 'n u decide to leave it full. It could be you don't have the resources to maintain dreads but u can atleast keep a low-cut. These now become the circumstances behind one's look and not necessarily out of choice.
Thus,considering we live in a society where people are judged by their looks and trivial actions by the youth is very well blown out of proportion by a majority of the older generation,whatever kind of look you choose to wear that is contrary to ordinary,flat and well other synonyms of such,you 'd be considered irresponsible and a willing tool of the 'bad guy' satan. Take for example my boyfriend,a very responsible promising young man,he's been keeping full hair for as long as 15years now... He studied in Ghana,he comes back and decides to join the church choir,and the lady in charge says he has to go cut his hair and come back to show his level of seriousness... Oh well,'he never got serious'. So you see. I love nice hair,any look dats good on someone rocks for me wink

Nice and clean. My Hair is 1year but much fuller. Am. So not cutting It either

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 12, 2014
my own opinion. Big boiz don't keep afro (checkout the likes of olamide dbanj, donjazzy jayzee kanye davido 2face etc). while the small boiz,irresponsible ones, and doz dat are still striving to make it barb rubbish style.(no need to start mentioning names) check previous comments u go see example. lool
abeg hairstyle matters alot oooo
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by BukkyDan(f): 4:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
kelvindim:

Old pinshure of my ”curly, non-greasy and oily extra sheen hair,” just had to borrow cupidhero's lines in that. cheesy

You're kinda cute

#modified#
Wow! Just saw ur profile pic, u r really cute.

(Those were innocent compliments tho)

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by tayooluwole: 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ipledge:
This is my haircut,but am gentle and focus,don't smoke,don't drink and never rude

Na d same hairstyle we they do guy. I no they do bad tins.... I'm cool-headed, I they do d hairstyle cos na d style way feat me well well be dat
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by skyface00(m): 4:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
hmmmm my hairstyle gotten alot of ppl asking me 2 change it, how can u give dem low cut when u have beautiful deep black and shining hair without any treatment and u expected me 2 go with low cut, even my boss tired of me so he left me with my style. lol grin
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Lordspicy(m): 4:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
Thanks for this thread op I love long hair,am currently experimenting with dreads.
People who doesn't care or give a hoot abt me now feels its their God given privilege to comment abt ma hair..anyway God punish them..

Life is all about choice ,make one and stick to it no matter what
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Lois20(f): 4:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
Your hairstyle does not define who you are but it sends a message to those around you.
I think it depends on the stage you are and how you want to be seen at the time. Your looks give people ideas of what to expect from you. For example, if looking to be hired you want to send the message that you are deserving of the job.
Ultimately it depends on YOU.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by WASMOG(m): 5:02pm On Nov 12, 2014
johnstar:
gud for u, apariii..

ur head come blyk white hart lane pitch wer spurs dey play match
did I offend u before there ris God oooooooo
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Keluong(m): 5:03pm On Nov 12, 2014
amakufrancis:
they told me to reduce it, and i will definetely do it.
what if you are told to take it to a low cut?
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by kamez(m): 5:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
I had the same issues with my hair..

People judge a book by its cover, but I know who I am and I know that my hairstyle doesn't define me..

After my NYSC, all my siblilngs including my dad begged me to abandon my punk hairstyle if I really wanted to get a good job. but I refused..

I dey carry my punk, wear suit go interviews because I knew what I had in me irrespective of my hairstlye

Today I have a great job, and I still rock my hairstyle and even my bosses love it cos I keep it well groomed

2 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by sukkot: 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ipledge:
This is my haircut,but am gentle and focus,don't smoke,don't drink and never rude

bros what barber you use ? name and address
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by salvatore007(m): 5:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
PєєPş KIP şąYЙ cม┼ มr ђąIr

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by amakufrancis(m): 5:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
Keluong:

what if you are told to take it to a low cut?
no ooooo, i wont for now ooooo.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by haryomikun(m): 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
valmunich:
Honestly, I am big victim of what you just wrote.
I've been growing my hair for a year and half now

Everybody is just complaining, from my parents to most people in school. I'm even asked to leave leshures sometimes, some even term me a cultist undecided

I don't know why people think that the kinda hair one keeps defines him, it's so wrong undecided

That I decide to go low on cutz changes noffin in me, same as growing it . People needs to start changing that silly ideology undecided
What kinda stupid skool dyu attend dat dey send you outta lectures just coz of ordinary hairstyle undecided
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Nov 12, 2014
sukkot:
bros what barber you use ? name and address
The barber is in brooklyn,Newyork
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Princecharmin(m): 5:53pm On Nov 12, 2014
EroticAngelina:
lols, we live in a society where men growing hair is seen as a sin/taboo sad if low cut or gorimakpa doesn't fit u,then growing ur hair afro is okay.. in fact I love n admire guys with afro! good clean Afros oo. u see some Afros, so shiny n fresh that it hooks u to that person n u just keep staring n admiring him smiley what's worse than putting on a hairstyle that doesn't fit u?!? shocked abeg no try am o.

but if u wanna barb it bkus of peer pressure or what the society thinks...then finesmiley but don't ask God why ur still single o tongue
i'm sure u'll like mine angry cool
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Princecharmin(m): 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
Rapzino:
I have been through this man, the pressure could be too much but just do ya thing. The kinda hair you rock, does not define who you are. I'll keep rocking my AFRO till the day i die.
nd if u go bald nko grin
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Peromnia: 5:56pm On Nov 12, 2014
See small small pikin pics everywhere. No wonder Nairaland is this way.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by swagwu(m): 5:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
Neldrizzy:
My papa say mak i cut am sadsadsad but na plait i de plait am now!
u no funny ooo... grin
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Rapzino: 6:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
Princecharmin:
nd if u go bald nko grin
lol, then call me baldy.
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by phemolala07(m): 6:12pm On Nov 12, 2014
Na afro I dey do b4 as old age set in na skull tinz oooo
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by sukkot: 6:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ipledge:
The barber is in brooklyn,Newyork
no s-hit. lol
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
sukkot:
no s-hit. lol
He is really good,1st time barbing there
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Tiffae: 6:39pm On Nov 12, 2014
EroticAngelina:
lols, we live in a society where men growing hair is seen as a sin/taboo sad if low cut or gorimakpa doesn't fit u,then growing ur hair afro is okay.. in fact I love n admire guys with afro! good clean Afros oo. u see some Afros, so shiny n fresh that it hooks u to that person n u just keep staring n admiring him smiley what's worse than putting on a hairstyle that doesn't fit u?!? shocked abeg no try am o.

but if u wanna barb it bkus of peer pressure or what the society thinks...then finesmiley but don't ask God why ur still single o tongue
Buh some rock any hairstyle though...
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by sukkot: 6:43pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ipledge:
He is really good,1st time barbing there
yeah but he in new york doe. i need a barber in las gidi. a very good one
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 12, 2014
sukkot:
yeah but he in new york doe. i need a barber in las gidi. a very good one
I don't know about lasgidi,I know there should be very good one there,don't make the mistake of judging a barber by his shop
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Tiffae: 6:48pm On Nov 12, 2014
mizjules:
Well I love guys with full hai.. There's what we call norms culture etc, the society frowns on a lot of things that most people feel comfortable with, eg tattoos , indecent dressings and so fort
Many people just copy what others do, so what fit mr A may not fi MR B.. Moderation is the key, just find what suits you and keep it simple and classy!
Yeah..,cool

1 Like

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by sukkot: 6:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
Ipledge:
I don't know about lasgidi,I know there should be very good one there,don't make the mistake of judging a barber by his shop
if he got it like dat doe, he would have a big shop, a huge loyal customer base, so i will judge by the shop. grin
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by austinoeze(m): 7:09pm On Nov 12, 2014
dis is how i keep my hair. what does it say about me?

2 Likes

Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
sukkot:
if he got it like dat doe, he would have a big shop, a huge loyal customer base, so i will judge by the shop. grin
You are on long thing grin
Re: Does The Kind Of Hairstyle You Keep Define Who You Are? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
E be like say this thread is another campaign thread,people showing their handsomeness

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Hairstyle Wud You Recommend For My Face Shape? / "I Am Happier In Bikinis": Yvonne Nwosu Shares Photos / Social Media Slay Queen Shows Off Her Makeup, And It’s On “fleek”! (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.