Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,187 members, 7,807,635 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia (97432 Views)

5 Nigerian Pilgrims Die In Saudi Arabia / Anyone Working And Living In Lithuania? / Attention: Nigerians Living And Working In UAE (dubai) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Sunday4gh: 11:31pm On Nov 28, 2015
hello all
I'm new in here so pls it interest me to enter Saudi to work as a forklift operator pls how will I get started
thanks
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by 2sex(m): 9:42am On Dec 01, 2015
Sunday4gh:
hello all
I'm new in here so pls it interest me to enter Saudi to work as a forklift operator pls how will I get started
thanks
I think u should do some googling. It will help.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by justcosofbiz: 10:03am On Feb 23, 2016
@ chineloSA, is a degree in education,arts or humanities required to be able to apply for celta certification? simply can a science graduate apply? thanks
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 6:59pm On Feb 23, 2016
justcosofbiz:
@ chineloSA, is a degree in education,arts or humanities required to be able to apply for celta certification? simply can a science graduate apply? thanks

When you wanna do CELTA, normally they don mind what degree you have. All they need is a degree.

So, your education degree is a bonus.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Getbizzzy: 9:53pm On Feb 23, 2016
Pls how can I get a building construction in Saudi Arabia?

Any one with any help, I will appreciate.. Am an iron fitter (bender).

Thanks
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by water4: 6:45am On Mar 01, 2016
hello mrs chinelo,

how you doing ? i moved to Riyadh on a msc in Accounting program .

what candid advice can you give to get a teaching job in saudi after graduating, considering i write Celta and a Green white Green paspport.

Thanks.

Abdullateef
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Goldpeas(m): 9:31am On May 02, 2016
@ChineloSA, I must say that you and the other good Nigerians monitoring this thread have been helpful as I have learnt alot and truly if you are not informed then you'd definitely be deformed of that information.

like you emphatically wrote "RESEARCH, RESEARCH and RESEARCH again!

please as an HND holder in Estate management,do you advice me to apply as that will be easy to consider me into the kingdom?

If I decide to do a PGD EDUCATION, will that be an added advantage? or I must take the ESL in class (120hrs)

mind you I don't have any Serious job experience which will make me refer myself as a fresher.

please advice me while I'm still researching. thank you for your help.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by meme74: 6:47am On May 22, 2016
Is good to hear that TESOL certification program is now right here in Lagos Nigeria. Search for International TEFL Training Institute Lagos.

chineloSA:

I did my TESOL with Wits University in SA. Wits language School.

I don't have any idea about Egypt. Another best option is doing it in the UK, because majority are linked to Cambridge which is required by most recruiters and Saudi Ministry of Education.

Please beware of fly by night schools in SA which won't add value. wink smiley
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by cooma440: 12:19am On May 23, 2016
Hello ChineloSA, please what r the chances of getting a good job for a Naija born with US MBA and US passport in Saudi?
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Rasana: 10:37am On Jun 19, 2016
Hello please i need ur assistance am a senior reg doctor in Nigeria i will like to know what my chances of getting a job is in UAE OR KSA? i would also like to know the what the estimated fees package will be like. Preferably UAE because saudi laws are to tough for me thanks.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by azelab: 7:09pm On Jun 21, 2016
please can someone assist me with the least payment a graduate can earn on a monthly basis in UAE.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by yetunsbay(m): 10:27pm On Jun 21, 2016
Pls any career prospect for a banking & finance graduate in KSA?
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 2:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
cooma440:
Hello ChineloSA, please what r the chances of getting a good job for a Naija born with US MBA and US passport in Saudi?

Hey cooma440. Sorry to respo d to you now.
Your chances are great. Try UAE and Qatar as well.

Goodluck
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
yetunsbay:
Pls any career prospect for a banking & finance graduate in KSA?

Good opportunities but they prefer Saudi in the banking Industry. Try your luck, you may never know.

Good luck
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 2:16pm On Jul 29, 2016
Getbizzzy:
Pls how can I get a building construction in Saudi Arabia?

Any one with any help, I will appreciate.. Am an iron fitter (bender).

Thanks

I have no idea on how to help you with constructio work. Try Bayt and other recruiting sites
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 2:19pm On Jul 29, 2016
water4:
hello mrs chinelo,

how you doing ? i moved to Riyadh on a msc in Accounting program .

what candid advice can you give to get a teaching job in saudi after graduating, considering i write Celta and a Green white Green paspport.

Thanks.

Abdullateef

I am sorry, i have been inactive on Nairaland.

My advice is complete your degree and look for teaching jobs along the lines of Business Studies.

They have plenty teaching opportunies in teaching Business Studies
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 2:22pm On Jul 29, 2016
Goldpeas:
@ChineloSA, I must say that you and the other good Nigerians monitoring this thread have been helpful as I have learnt alot and truly if you are not informed then you'd definitely be deformed of that information.

like you emphatically wrote "RESEARCH, RESEARCH and RESEARCH again!

please as an HND holder in Estate management,do you advice me to apply as that will be easy to consider me into the kingdom?

If I decide to do a PGD EDUCATION, will that be an added advantage? or I must take the ESL in class (120hrs)

mind you I don't have any Serious job experience which will make me refer myself as a fresher.

please advice me while I'm still researching. thank you for your help.

I am sorry for my inactivity. I am on summer vacation.

I advice you to do TESOL or CELTA full time and not part time. Though they prefer full junior degree.

After CELTA try and see what are your chances.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by chineloSA(f): 2:26pm On Jul 29, 2016
meme74:

Is good to hear that TESOL certification program is now right here in Lagos Nigeria. Search for International TEFL Training Institute Lagos.

Great news.

I advice anyone to do their TESOL with any institution accredited or affiliated with Trinity College or Cambridge University. Anything not accredited by those institutions is risky. They do check that.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by cooma440: 9:24pm On Aug 05, 2016
chineloSA:

Hey cooma440. Sorry to respo d to you now.
Your chances are great. Try UAE and Qatar as well.

Goodluck

Thanks ChineloSA
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Mystikay(m): 11:03am On Aug 06, 2016
Hello guys,I've had 18months teaching experience in the UAE..I'm interested in coming to work as a teaching job in Saudi Arabia..Can someone please talk me through..I mean,all the attestation and all.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by d14all2day(m): 8:53pm On Aug 09, 2016
@chinelo pls what is my prospect of getting a job in Saudi as a Bsc Computer Science Graduate.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by esosa4real(m): 8:24am On Aug 25, 2016
@chinelosa

Omo I read this thread from beginning and all I can say is that you are wonderful. Everything you have said about saudi is true. I am currently here in najran, asir province and spent 8months. It's not been easy but life here is doable.

Am a doc with just 3yrs post grad experience and hoping to leave here in 2017 for the west and probably return in future. I have been to south Africa, Brazil, uk on visit visas in the past for conferences and I ve Ben exposed to public and global health.

Please do you know of any options for medical laboratory scientists in hail or riyadh? My wife to be studied that and I am really thinking if I will bring her here or not.

She won't be able to survive in najran grin grin grin especially with the new Yemeni bombings, anyways our wedding is next year december, so hope to be outta here before then!

Also, I was in riyadh for the first time last week, I went to renew my UK visa, omo that place was so lit and burriful. Very big contrast from where I am oo. But like you said in previous posts, these smaller cities like hail, najran etc have lesser problems as regards calmness and all.

Nice to see you here and let me know if it's okay to pm you for contact on whatsapp or bbm.

Godbless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by StObaino1(m): 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2016
Good Afternoon,
Pls I will like to know what my chances are in Saudi especially in the oil and gas sector considering that I work in the same sector here in Nigeria with 3yrs experience as a Rotating Equipment Engineer.
My Filipino colleague advised me to give it a try saying he worked in Aramco (more like their Nnpc) but it's not easy there being a Christian and Africans get lower pay compared to other nationalities...

Do you have any advice or idea about my field?
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2016
Goodday madam and kudos to you for the great work you are doing here God bless you for this.Please I'd like to know how to apply for a teaching job over there In Saudi Arabia. I am a graduate of chemistry and would love to come over there In search of greener pastures please how do I go about it?thanks.
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Christie171(f): 9:16am On Sep 19, 2016
House.... pls can someone with only Teacher training certificate and TEFL be acceptable in Saudi Arabia?
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by mkbessman(m): 2:27pm On Sep 19, 2016
Nigayoyo:

If you are an Engineering graduate, you have no problem. YouTube and some books on servicing exploration equipment will help you secure a job there. Most of my friends in Dhahran got their jobs via this method. They started with them on a salary of SR17,000 and it's now SR25,000 even with Nigerian passport! Though I left there 2 years ago to get my PhD in the West , I still have contacts there.
please sir, what's the exchange rate to our present naira?
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by mkbessman(m): 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2016
chineloSA:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Are you saying all of us here don't have a life eeeehn? What life are you refering to eeeeehhhhhn naaaa? Talk? grin grin grin

Well alot of people who are here are here to make money and move on. This country is different to most Arab countries I gather. I have been to UAE and I can say there is a difference. Very hard to explain, but hey people have been working and surviving before me cheesy cheesy.

I am not God, I cannot tell you that you cannot or can be considered. All I reported on was paye discrepancies and preference of Nationalities, which is a reality, regardless how others don't want to admit it. Regardless of those who claim to have worked in the Kingdom say, they know its a reality.
I also said all Nigerians I know here do not use our Nigerian passport. I have also had conversations with them and they also admitted to being aware of Nationality preference in the Kingdom and also pay discrepancies. smiley smiley

They can consider you. Just put your application forward and see what will come out of it. wink wink wink wink

okay I get you... but in order to earn well, how do our Nigerians obtain those high paying passports? must you be an American citizen? thanks
Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by IdomaLikita: 10:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
esosa4real:
@chinelosa

Omo I read this thread from beginning and all I can say is that you are wonderful. Everything you have said about saudi is true. I am currently here in najran, asir province and spent 8months. It's not been easy but life here is doable.

Am a doc with just 3yrs post grad experience and hoping to leave here in 2017 for the west and probably return in future. I have been to south Africa, Brazil, uk on visit visas in the past for conferences and I ve Ben exposed to public and global health.

Please do you know of any options for medical laboratory scientists in hail or riyadh? My wife to be studied that and I am really thinking if I will bring her here or not.

She won't be able to survive in najran grin grin grin especially with the new Yemeni bombings, anyways our wedding is next year december, so hope to be outta here before then!

Also, I was in riyadh for the first time last week, I went to renew my UK visa, omo that place was so lit and burriful. Very big contrast from where I am oo. But like you said in previous posts, these smaller cities like hail, najran etc have lesser problems as regards calmness and all.

Nice to see you here and let me know if it's okay to pm you for contact on whatsapp or bbm.

Godbless
bros, abeg, which pathway u carry waka? i be doc like you wey don tire for naija.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Working In Saudi Arabia by Christie171(f): 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
chineloSA:
Hello NLers

Anyone working in Saudi Arabia?? How is life as a female and christian.

I decided to take a break from my studies next year for personal reasons that I cannot share. I decided to use my SA passport to my advantage as they only want SA, British, US, Ausralian, Canadian citizens.
I did one month TESOL course and then applied for English teaching jobs. To my suprise, I got responses.

They pay anything from $3000 - $6000 per month depending on experience and $6500 - $9000 when you possess Phd or Masters in English.
Accomodation is free, Medical insurance and transport is also provided and 30 days paid leave and round trip ticket to home country once per year.

I am skeptical to accept because of hearsay.

Are stories sansationalised or is Saudi Arabia really bad for a woman?

How is life on the ground in Saudi Arabia?
Anyone teaching in Saudi Arabia??

Hi... how is Saudi today? pls, do you or anyone know this recruiting company by name SAED(www.saed.sa)?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Deniz Saypinar Stopped From Boarding A Plane For Wearing This (Photo) / Truck Loaded With Live Bullets Falls In Onitsha, Spills Content (Photo) / CMS Lagos Without Keke And Okada, Looks Like This (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.