Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,627 members, 7,801,813 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London (79444 Views)

Photo Of Lagos Traffic In 1982 / 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London / The Lagos You Will Not See On Television (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by jibs4lv(m): 9:03am On Nov 09, 2014
cheesy[color=#006600][/color][i][/i]lagos is beautiful,eko oni baje o.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by maylisa(f): 9:03am On Nov 09, 2014
I can see Jonathan hand work in Lagos. Kudos to fashola the big one goes to Jona my presido.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by frank442: 9:04am On Nov 09, 2014
I can get more beTtter pix and worse pix
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by vizkiz: 9:05am On Nov 09, 2014
Billyonaire:
If you post pictures of these places you mention, people might vomit. Lets post only Lekki and Victoria Island, may be clean part of Ikoyi.

so because people might vomit, we should ignore those places like they don't exist? undecided

Let ajegunle guys catch you grin
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:05am On Nov 09, 2014
harde2lah:
Fashola is working; haters are hating. Lagosian wannabe be like "Lagos is a no man's land"
Eko o ni baje oo
APC o ni baje oo
fashola is working but its not fashola that build all this things so saying LAGOS is no man's land is not far from the truth
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by justi4jesu(f): 9:06am On Nov 09, 2014
phantom:
Lagos definitely has the best skyline in the country.

Lagos is beautiful from the sky but on getting close, the story changes...grin

I guess we should all remain in the sky then cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 09, 2014
Some part of Lagos fine shaaaa.

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by kazmanbanjoko(m): 9:06am On Nov 09, 2014
Infact, lagos is trying to be like a small heaven, not a small london

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ucheosefoh(m): 9:07am On Nov 09, 2014
oluwafemi113:
Pls don't compare Lagos with Uyo

The comparison is between mainland and Uyo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by justi4jesu(f): 9:08am On Nov 09, 2014
kazmanbanjoko:
Infact, lagos is trying to be like a small heaven, not a small london

If i hear angry
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Gorrbachev: 9:09am On Nov 09, 2014
oduastates:

Oil money ko , oil money ni.
This is the cannibalised version of Lagos .
40% of government earnings come from here ,so how is it oil money? Your oil money only goes as far as exchanging naira for dollars in the SW. Even that is covered by reparations from odua states overseas citizens.
Nothing Lagos or London about these pictures.
These pics feel more like it.
No fences and less congested and unabused .

Main points
1 you see working traffic lights
2 you see the law abiding bikers obeying traffic rules
3 Lagos was bike friendly ( licensed drivers)
4 electricity supplied by the electricity company of western nigeria ( soon to be stolen and converted to NEPA)
5 you ships sailing from the western Nigeria controlled apapa port .

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1848036_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1848037_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

3 Likes

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by M4gunners: 9:10am On Nov 09, 2014
Very nice pics.Op please can you remove the Stadium foto there, it makes it look poor!
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Missonas(f): 9:10am On Nov 09, 2014
phantom:
Lagos definitely has the best skyline in the country.
Lagos is beautiful from the sky but on getting close, the story changes...grin
Exactly!just came back from lag last week and was wondering where all the 'beautification of lag' went just like I'm wondering where the op got all these pictures from.The hold up is still second to none!not been to lag in years but i must say that in my area were i grew up(satty) there has been some changes but mehn the changes get more negatives than positives grin
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by kayoday(m): 9:12am On Nov 09, 2014
Lagos looks very beautiful from those aerial photographs. On ground most part of Lagos are very dirty.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by popcykaylah(m): 9:15am On Nov 09, 2014
una snap vi and ikoyi full the pics..why una no snap ikotun and iyana ipaja ?.. grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by popcykaylah(m): 9:16am On Nov 09, 2014
kayoday:
Lagos looks very beautiful from those aerial photographs. On ground most part of Lagos are very dirty.
na lie ..Victoria island and ikoyi axis where the picture was taken looks exactly as clean as that..na we for mainland here dey suffer dirty ..

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by hardbody: 9:18am On Nov 09, 2014
Missonas:

Exactly!just came back from lag last week and was wondering where all the 'beautification of lag' went just like I'm wondering where the op got all these pictures from.The hold up is still second to none!not been to lag in years but i must say that in my area were i grew up(satty) there has been some changes but mehn the changes get more negatives than positives grin

No be swear but satelite is so water logged and the roads are so terrible that the area will never get any better. It was fine before you left because traffic and volume of humans was less, today Lagos grows in leaps and bounds and things ever continue to deteriorate in the light of no infrastructure to support the influx of people.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Chartey(m): 9:18am On Nov 09, 2014
justi4jesu:

I guess we should all remain in the sky then cheesy cheesy
grin
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Ayostically: 9:18am On Nov 09, 2014
tell exactly what structures/areas captured in each pix
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by anonimi: 9:19am On Nov 09, 2014
Is it not MORE important to compare

- the minimum wage of N18,000 [actually N10,000 to the 'empowered' street sweepers] to Lagos LGA chairman's salary versus the minimum wage in London compared to Mayor Boris' salary.
- the % of Lagos children who cannot go to school [PUBLIC or private] versus London children who cannot.
- how many Lagos households and businesses do not have TAP water compared to those without water in London.
- how many mansions, houses, business premises do not have a good FEEDER road [state & LGA responsibility] in front of them versus London.

That is what a rational person who is not clueless would do to understand why Lagosians and yorubas prefer to get stuck in London than stay in Lagos despite its few 'wow' physical infrastructure that is not complemented by HUMAN capital development.

For how much longer shall we remain FOOLISH

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by experimentist: 9:24am On Nov 09, 2014
Ask me anything... I schooled in lagos
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 09, 2014
my dear op though your pics are fine But please don't compare Lagos to London, try compare It with cites like Nairobi, Kinshasa Or Cairo. 3rd world and first world ain't the Same.
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by bigtt76(f): 9:25am On Nov 09, 2014
Enough from the top.... Let's face reality and view from the ground levo grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by justi4jesu(f): 9:26am On Nov 09, 2014
Chartey:
grin

Abi na cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Unbelievable Photos Of Lagos You Will Mistake For London by honeyad(m): 9:27am On Nov 09, 2014
If Jonathan is useful as fashola is to Lagos... Nigeria as a whole will be better... Eko ONI baje grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Regret Coming To Canada / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.