Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,457 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:12 AM

How Do I Choose My Career Path? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Choose My Career Path? (609 Views)

Possible Career Path For A Physics Graduate / I'm An Orator: What Are My Career Chances? / My Career Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Choose My Career Path? by DeKasablanca(f): 9:04am On Nov 09, 2014
I will be filling out my jamb form in a couple of weeks, and I don't know what course to go for, talk less of the subjects to fill. I was going to go for psychology, till I found out how unmarketable it is in Niheria. I was a science student, but no science course appeals to me. I'm thinking of going for an arts course. Any help?
Re: How Do I Choose My Career Path? by elemic(m): 9:21am On Nov 09, 2014
Maybe this is gonna help...

First of all, know your personality type, by taking the personality quiz online.

After that, you can check for careers associated with your personality type. Am sure you are going to find one that pleases you.
Re: How Do I Choose My Career Path? by uglyogre(f): 5:35pm On Nov 09, 2014
Yes. Make sure you scrutinise that jamb brochure fastidiously. List out those courses that appeal to you according to your
1.Passion/Love
2.Talent(what you can do very well without supervision). This is because the university is supposed to nurture your talent so you can be the best in what you love and are good at. This way you become the best in your field of specialization and companies would rush to pay exorbitantly for your talent.
Don't let your deciding factor be monetary.Like you mentioned, if you are passionate about art courses then you could be looking at studying English Language, Communication and Language Arts, Mass Communication, Theatre Art,etc depending on your talent and passion. Also, make sure you choose the best universities that can help you nurture your talent. All the best

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

CCECC Drivers At War With Nigerian Police Officers At Okokomaiko / Want Your Resume Undeniable? / I Will Give You A True Money Making Machine That Really Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.