Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? (45698 Views)

Young Guys With No Facial Hair, How Do You Cope? / Want To Remove Your Grey Hair Naturally? Then This Simple Tip Will Help You / What Is The Best Way To Return Grey Hair To Black ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by alexis007(m): 10:55pm On Nov 09, 2014
BlueMurder:

Lol @ the bolded. Like someone pointed out in that thread, it's just somewhat awkward.

Yeah, Soyinka rocks the grey like he was born with it.
soyinka rock what?please cut the crap....his hair-style is bit 2 bushy for my liking.....it looks more like a lion's mane.

1 Like

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by shaqhead: 11:08pm On Nov 09, 2014
UjSizzle:
You guys should start a club already grin

hmm..lyk "early-greying-peeps" or "legion of early greyin gentlemen" club...good idea....dt wd b a scene in Harry Porter wt Gandaalf on a Rockin chair as Chairman..
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Ishilove: 11:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
striktlymi:

Its taking this long because I don't propose to ladies who's preoccupation is marriage. grin

Don't get my wrong, I do want to get married as soon as possible but I don't want to marry someone who is only in love with the concept of marriage.

Currently there are at least 4 ladies who would not hesitate to say "YES I WILL" to me but I can't propose to them.

They are simply not people I can comfortably give my life for. Why have a wife I can't die for?
Keep the faith, Daddy O, I sense she is just. Around the corner wink smiley
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 12:06am On Nov 10, 2014
ceo003:

ITS THE GOSPEL TRUTH SOME PEOPLE WILL SAY IT GENETIC OR NATURAL BLA BLA BLA . ITS ALL LIES . ITS A SERIOUS SPIRITUAL PROBLEM AND IF NOT CHECKED ONE CAN DIE BEFORE HIS TIME
A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
y is it dat pple dat hav it 1st grow old
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by UyiIredia(m): 12:29am On Nov 10, 2014
Ishilove:

Striky, maybe you should revise your specs.

Just saying grin

Una two go fit marry o! *thinking to myself how the striky Ishilove combo would be*
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by mikron(m): 1:04am On Nov 10, 2014
its nature o, not an old thing, i know of a guy in his late twenties with white beards, my brother with time we will have people going grey at tender ages of 20, 21 yrs
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by jemsi(f): 2:44am On Nov 10, 2014
Actually, I find grey hair to be sexy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 3:35am On Nov 10, 2014
BlueMurder:
The inspiration for this thread comes from Lizzymomma's thread on bearded ladies and their travails.

It seems as though more and more young men (myself inclusive) are greying up prematurely. I am on the right side of 30 at the moment but judging by the frenetic rate at which my black hair's being displaced, i could be all grey by the time i cross to the "other side" shocked

Initially, i used to be bothered about all the snide remarks about being an old man, being accused of age falsification and all that, and i was even tempted at a point to start dyeing my hair. However, i now take all the unpleasant remarks on the chin as i can't quarrel with nature abeg grin

So, greying young men, how do you cope?

Ladies, would you consider marrying a young man who has the hair of a 60 year old?
I have them on my goatee and chest too. So okay. I shaved on Sat to make my brothers happier at a nephew's birthday party. The grey hairs came early 20's...they will be all over me by 45! Not looking for any ladies... but when I had them..none complained.

1 Like

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 3:53am On Nov 10, 2014
It should be fine. My brother has had fine white hairs since he was a kid, and he looks gr8! It's never stopped the girls as far as I could see lol. Young women with premature grays also look intriguing IMO. It's the contrast of a young, pretty face with the gray/white hair usually associated with wisdom and age. I've also met an albino gal with violet eyes and white hair, and she was sooo gorgie - she looked very out of this world (in a good way!). They're people in the "blonde" hair category that are born naturally with almost stark white hair too.

I think it looks distinguished regardless, people should just let it go.

2 Likes

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by grandstar(m): 4:50am On Nov 10, 2014
In secondary school i knew a senior who was in his lower 6 who was almost grey! He was also plump. looked like an old man. Nice fellow though. most grey guys should stop fretting. If its natural, it fits like a charm.
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 4:50am On Nov 10, 2014
UjSizzle:

Define 'more'....

And why must it be a catholic girl?

'More' in this case would be to have someone who would know my weakness, appreciate the fact that those weaknesses define my humanity and love me no less than I do her.

'More' would be to have someone I can trust with my life, someone who, though not perfect, appreciates the fact that it is not just about getting married but more about building a lasting union.

'More' would be to have someone whose visions, hopes and aspirations would become mine and mine hers. Someone whose goal is to help me move from good to better as we both strive for the best.

In a nutshell 'more' is having someone who can become my partner, not a 'house slave', a 'baby making factory' or an 'o yes member' who believes the man has all the bright ideas but one who can contribute meaningfully to the growth of family life and is comfortable with making joint decisions with me.

I am not sure if I can ever meet a lady like that but one thing is certain, I won't marry if I am in the least uncomfortable with any lady I meet. This is why I choose to remain on my own till I find what I am looking for. Not in the habit of having side chics. Lol!

Why Catholic? Hmmmm.......

I can marry any lady I fall in love with, irrespective of the lady's religion but my notion of love transcends I and my future girlfriend. It goes beyond us to the kids we will make together.

I believe firmly that a love between two individuals that does not consider their future children is not complete. Bringing up children goes beyond the material, there is a spiritual dimension to it.

Call this selfish but I want my kids to be brought up as Catholics. This responsibility should rest on the shoulders of my future wife and I. If I don't believe in something I would be reluctant in doing it.

Thus, having a companion who helps raise the kids in Catholicism without believing in her is like punishing the lady. I think this would be unfair of me. Hence my desire to marry a Catholic or someone who though not a Catholic now but would get to understand and accept the Church. After all I started as a pagan. Lol!
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 10, 2014
chikk:

I'm not sure I quite agree with you there. I want to believe that the bolded line above applies to people who stay in same locality and must have known each other, albeit separately. Otherwise, that line doesn't apply cos much to my knowledge, more married men meet those criteria as do single men(in some places tho').

I agree!
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 10, 2014
Ishilove:

Keep the faith, Daddy O, I sense she is just. Around the corner wink smiley

Thanks young lady. grin
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by UjSizzle(f): 7:17am On Nov 10, 2014
shaqhead:

hmm..lyk "early-greying-peeps" or "legion of early greyin gentlemen" club...good idea....dt wd b a scene in Harry Porter wt Gandaalf on a Rockin chair as Chairman..
Lol "Legion of grey gentlemen" grin

Ladies will be falling over themselves to get to you tongue

T-Shirt Logo? cheesy
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by UjSizzle(f): 7:31am On Nov 10, 2014
striktlymi:

'More' in this case would be to have someone who would know my weakness, appreciate the fact that those weaknesses define my humanity and love me no less than I do her.

'More' would be to have someone I can trust with my life, someone who, though not perfect, appreciates the fact that it is not just about getting married but more about building a lasting union.

'More' would be to have someone whose visions, hopes and aspirations would become mine and mine hers. Someone whose goal is to help me move from good to better as we both strive for the best.

In a nutshell 'more' is having someone who can become my partner, not a 'house slave', a 'baby making factory' or an 'o yes member' who believes the man has all the bright ideas but one who can contribute meaningfully to the growth of family life and is comfortable with making joint decisions with me.

I am not sure if I can ever meet a lady like that but one thing is certain, I won't marry if I am in the least uncomfortable with any lady I meet. This is why I choose to remain on my own till I find what I am looking for. Not in the habit of having side chics. Lol!
Women like that aren't impossible to find you know. And your spec isn't something out of this world; it's something everyone should want. So I really hope you find that smiley

I can marry any lady I fall in love with, irrespective of the lady's religion but my notion of love transcends I and my future girlfriend. It goes beyond us to the kids we will make together.

I believe firmly that a love between two individuals that does not consider their future children is not complete. Bringing up children goes beyond the material, there is a spiritual dimension to it.

Call this selfish but I want my kids to be brought up as Catholics. This responsibility should rest on the shoulders of my future wife and I. If I don't believe in something I would be reluctant in doing it.

Thus, having a companion who helps raise the kids in Catholicism without believing in her is like punishing the lady. I think this would be unfair of me. Hence my desire to marry a Catholic or someone who though not a Catholic now but would get to understand and accept the Church. After all I started as a pagan. Lol!
Why not let the woman decide if that's a punishment or not?
My aunt was Anglican, and married into a catholic home. All my cousins are staunch Catholics, and their mom encourages them to be so. I don't know how she does it, but I would like to believe it was a gradual process for her and choosing to view the bigger picture: that your kids are trained in a godly manner. Never seen her say the rosary alone, but she joins hubby. And she keeps her hymn book (the Anglican one) really close.

All I'm saying is, you will have to look beyond this question of "faith" and doctrines, and think about your family's future.
What's most important?

Like Ishilove suggested, you may have to adjust your spec tongue

2 Likes

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Ishilove: 7:54am On Nov 10, 2014
UyiIredia:

Una two go fit marry o! *thinking to myself how the striky Ishilove combo would be*
Lmao!! Heck no. Striktlymi cannot carry Ishilove, neither is she catholic grin
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Ishilove: 8:00am On Nov 10, 2014
striktlymi:

What a speech...how touching...

*sniffs, wipes eyes* cry tongue
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by helphelp: 8:07am On Nov 10, 2014
BlueMurder:

cheesy Very funny the way you put it though.

Anyway, different strokes for different folks: while i'd gladly trade my grey strands for black ones, my barber insists that he would do anything to have grey hair shocked

I think it's genetics; my dad was all grey before he turned 45!

Me wey dey find grey hair by force
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by titusodem: 8:09am On Nov 10, 2014
I Love it. I can't wait for all my hair to turn cos some are turned already, i am just 30
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by amofum(m): 8:11am On Nov 10, 2014
I stopped dying the ones on my head in JSS2 when my mathematics teacher said, I'll be better looking without the unnecessary black stains on my precious unique hair. Told me he was 52 yet without white hair and as such, I should treat everyone as unique, even myself. I'm under 25 and I'm proud of the rich blend of hairs I have with a face that bellies my real age.

1 Like

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 10, 2014
troy20:

what are you willing to part with?
I'm not willing to part with anything
Not even the scrapped off top layer of my burnt toast
I'm very, very selfish
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 8:24am On Nov 10, 2014
amofum:
I stopped dying the ones on my head in JSS2 when my mathematics teacher said, I'll be better looking without the unnecessary black stains on my precious unique hair. Told me he was 52 yet without white hair and as such, I should treat everyone as unique, even myself. I'm under 25 and I'm proud of the rich blend of hairs I have with a face that bellies my real age.
If that's a picture of you on your profile, did you dye the hair black or what?
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 10, 2014
UjSizzle:

Women like that aren't impossible to find you know. And your spec isn't something out of this world; it's something everyone should want. So I really hope you find that smiley

Why not let the woman decide if that's a punishment or not?
My aunt was Anglican, and married into a catholic home. All my cousins are staunch Catholics, and their mom encourages them to be so. I don't know how she does it, but I would like to believe it was a gradual process for her and choosing to view the bigger picture: that your kids are trained in a godly manner. Never seen her say the rosary alone, but she joins hubby. And she keeps her hymn book (the Anglican one) really close.

All I'm saying is, you will have to look beyond this question of "faith" and doctrines, and think about your family's future.
What's most important?

Like Ishilove suggested, you may have to adjust your spec tongue

Hmmm...

I believe ones specs are there to guide, they may not matter in the end. If I see a lady who I really like and she comes to understand and accept Catholicism, not because of me but because she is truly convinced, then I have no P taking her to the altar.

@Bold:

I live only for one reason: to love, serve and adore God. Without this my existence is futile. Though I am very far from being a saint but I believe my family's future should be geared towards achieving this profound love for God and all that He holds dear, and in the end be rewarded with the beatific vision. This is what is important for me and any family I choose to build.

I am not one who discriminates but I am very practical to the extent that it is now a fault. What is practical is that there are people who hate me because I am Catholic. I don't want a partner who would pretend to want Catholicism...this would become a major ish if it is the case. I want one who can learn to love the Church as much as I do.

The person need not be Catholic at the moment. This is something I can help the person work on. Anyways, the person I am looking for would be open minded and ready to combine logic with faith. We can always reach a meeting point if both of us are sincere. If the lady is analytical, she can easily see the good in Catholicism as long as she is ready to study.

It would be more like how Scott Hahn helped the wife Kimberly to see the good in Catholicism. Lol!
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 10, 2014
Ishilove:

What a speech...how touching...

*sniffs, wipes eyes* cry tongue

Trouble maker! tongue
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Ishilove: 8:41am On Nov 10, 2014
striktlymi:

Hmmm...

I believe ones specs are there to guide, they may not matter in the end. If I see a lady who I really like and she comes to understand and accept Catholicism, not because of me but because she is truly convinced, then I have no P taking her to the altar.

@Bold:

I live only for one reason: to love, serve and adore God. Without this my existence is futile. Though I am very far from being a saint but I believe my family's future should be geared towards achieving this profound love for God and all that He holds dear, and in the end be rewarded with the beatific vision. This is what is important for me and any family I choose to build.

I am not one who discriminates but I am very practical to the extent that it is now a fault. What is practical is that there are people who hate me because I am Catholic. I don't want a partner who would pretend to want Catholicism...this would become a major ish if it is the case. I want one who can learn to love the Church as much as I do.

The person need not be Catholic at the moment. This is something I can help the person work on. Anyways, the person I am looking for would be open minded and ready to combine logic with faith. We can always reach a meeting point if both of us are sincere. If the lady is analytical, she can easily see the good in Catholicism as long as she is ready to study.

It would be more like how Scott Hahn helped the wife Kimberly to see the good in Catholicism. Lol!
Goodluck on that grin

striktlymi:

Trouble maker! tongue
I plead 'not guilty', Daddy O tongue
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by troy20(m): 8:47am On Nov 10, 2014
Mizchief:

I'm not willing to part with anything
Not even the scrapped off top layer of my burnt toast
I'm very, very selfish
really? So nothing for a good white lock of a potential warren buffet? something that will bring you good luck.oya keep acting tough.y'll have to beg for it nw.
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by ihesiuloa(m): 9:19am On Nov 10, 2014
I got my 1st strand of hair at the top right corner of my chest at 26 yrs later on in life I started growing on my head and now I have more grey neared! I'm in my 42yrs and I have gone grey all over my chest cos I'm a hairy man,sometimes I get reluctant to dress without my shirts on but I guess with this thread I'm now more free to show it without feeling awkward. cool
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by UjSizzle(f): 9:21am On Nov 10, 2014
striktlymi:

Hmmm...

@Bold:

This is just wrong. Do you have any idea how many years of mental conditioning got her in whatever denomination she currently favours now?
It's like asking a Christian to abandon Jesus without a fight undecided

Good luck though
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by ayandee: 9:39am On Nov 10, 2014
my hubby's got plenty of white hair just by the side of his head. Very lovely. That was the point of attraction for me.

1 Like

Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 9:46am On Nov 10, 2014
troy20:

really? So nothing for a good white lock of a potential warren buffet? something that will bring you good luck.oya keep acting tough.y'll have to beg for it nw.
Sorry, boss grin
So, what wilt thou have me to part with?
Re: Young Guys With Grey Hair: How Do You Cope? by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 10, 2014
UjSizzle:

This is just wrong. Do you have any idea how many years of mental conditioning got her in whatever denomination she currently favours now?
It's like asking a Christian to abandon Jesus without a fight undecided

Good luck though

Lol!

I guess you now see why it's easier for me to simply focus my radar on Catholic chics and avoid the hassle of conversion. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole / Abuja Hospital In Search Of Relatives Of An Unconscious Accident Patient (Photo) / My HIV Journey In Nigeria Vs US (Pros And Cons)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.