Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 (897 Views)

¤Step Down For Love¤ A story by Vonn / Two Can Play The Game Season 2 - A Game For Love & Marriage - Extended - LIVE / A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 by Ericardo7(m): 5:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
HOOPS FOR LOVE
By
Ericardo7
Copyright © 2014 by Ericardo7.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication
may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in
any form or by any means, or stored in any
database without the prior written permission of
the author.
DEDICATED TO: Okubo Deborah Omenebelle... I love you, wherever you are...Always and Forever.
Re: Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 by Ericardo7(m): 5:06pm On Nov 09, 2014
ULES OF ENGAGEMENT:
1.I'll be updating thrice a week.
2. I may fail in doing number 1 promptly, so
please y'all should be patient. School work dey
corner oh.
3. I'd love to Get feedback from everyone
following. It'll make me know the condition of
the thread and How best to improve.
4. I may Get some spellings wrong and some
sentences wrong.Don't blame me. My Mother
doesn't own the English language.
5. More will be added if need be...
Re: Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 by Ericardo7(m): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2014
“Oh my God!” Fegor exclaimed. She was pacing around her room. She took a few steps towards her wardrobe, changed her mind and made for the back of the door. She scattered her shoes that were there, obviously looking for something important. Nothing. She turned around and looked at her room once more. It was a huge mess. Total chaos was the adjective. She looked on her bed and realized that she had mixed her clean clothes with the dirty ones in her futile attempt to find what she was looking for.
“Where on earth could I have left this thing?”, she thought to herself. “What the hell”., she murmured, pausing to bite her lower lip. Finally she ran out patience and called out loudly “Mudi...Mudi...’’. She was about to scream his name for the third time when her elder brother walked into her messed up room.
“You can do better than shout my name out loud so that the entire neighborhood knows that I’m alive and kicking”
Mudi gazed around the room. Seeing his sister’s room as it was wasn’t anything new to him. Fegor had never been able to properly arrange her room. There had always been bits and pieces of food on the floor, dirty rags, clothes and strands of hairs-weavons and attachments-around her room. But today was different. The room was upside down.
“What’s the problem?” he asked her.
“I can’t find my new pair of leggings”, she replied
“leg-what? You mean you were screaming the roof down just cause u couldn’t find a pair of leggings. Yeah. Very funny”.
“I’m sorry. It’s just…’’, she paused looking at the floor. Worry played all over her face. ‘…I’m supposed to wear it to classes today. I just bought it two days ago”
Mudi shook his head at her. Trust his sister to cause all the drama in the world over a pair of missing leggings.
“Okay’, he said, “why does this pair of leggings have to be the ones u must wear to classes? You have a lot of them. Couldn’t you just pick anyone and put on”, he suggested.
Fegor hissed and shook her head. “The thing is, last week I bought a pink gown and I thought I’d wear it to school since we’re resuming today. To match the gown, I bought a pair of pink leggings to match the gown. And now I can’t find the leggings’’. She finally explained, close to tears.
“Okay. Okay. No why didn’t you keep the socks where you could easily find it? If you wanna do something then you should prepare for it appropriately, not forgetting little details like where and when”, he scolded her lightly.
“I know”, Fegor protested. “It’s just that I was so tired after the welcome back party at The Laurel. I remember putting it in my bed-chest, but now I guess it has grown wings and flown of to where only God knows”
Mudi wasn’t surprised. All she does is party. That seemed to be the major reason why she was in school. If there was anything like party-engineering or flexing science, that was what his sister would have been studying, and she’d be having the highest g.p in the whole school.
“Well, if that’s the case, have you checked…”, he began only for her to interrupt him.
“Wait…” she said suddenly, raising up her hand. ‘…the bed-chest”, she exclaimed. Fegor jumped from her bed to the side of her bed where the chest was. She opened the first drawer and squealed.
“Here it is’, she held it up so that Mudi could see it. “it had been here all this while, and I’ve been scattering my room for no reason”.
“Scattering is an understatement young lady. Your room looks like a German camp that was hit by the allied forces”.
“Thanks for the love. Now get outta ma room, perv. I gotta change or I’ll be late for my first class.”
Mudi shook his head at her as he walked towards the door. “Yeah,” he murmured. “Go ahead and change into another of your flashy, eye-disturbing dresses. Just remember, it’s not what you wear that matters. It’s who you are. The final question remains; what’s under all the clothes, Oletu Oghenefegor? ”
“Perv!’ she shouted after him.
Mudi thought about his sister as he walked into his room. She wasn’t getting any better. She was wasting her life while others were making ample use of theirs. The day before yesterday had been a clear indication. She had been dead drunk at the stupid welcome back party she and her friends had at The Laurel. Sam, his close friend had brought her home that night. He had gone to pick up his cousin when he found her passed out on one of the couches. She woke up while he was carrying her to his car and threw up all over him. When he told her that Sam had brought her home, she waved him off, saying she did ask for his help. But he left her with strict instructions to thank him.
Her partying was getting too much and he knew their parents didn’t care. He was going to have to do something about it soon. Really soon.
Re: Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 by seunviju(f): 8:27pm On Nov 10, 2014
Following

1 Like

Re: Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 10, 2014
Hmm swt work nice updates;keep it up Bro
Re: Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 by tmx21(m): 11:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
Following

1 Like

Re: Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 by LarrySun(m): 9:41am On Nov 11, 2014
Space out your paragraphs for easier reading.

1 Like

Re: Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 by Ericardo7(m): 2:13pm On Nov 11, 2014
Tanx for following @seunviju, tmx21 and dahyor7... I appreciate...

Oga Larry, Tanx for d tip..I'll remember to do that when I update tomorrow.
Re: Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 by vonn(f): 11:09pm On Nov 13, 2014
A writer in the making...... Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 by Ericardo7(m): 11:24pm On Nov 14, 2014
CHAPTER TWO
Mudi pulled the car into an available parking space and they both came down. They took few steps forward and then stopped. The huge sign engraved on the wall of the second floor of the I.C.T centre boldly proclaimed the name of their school “Federal University Of Petroleum Resources, Effurun. I.C.T CENTRE”.

The school, just like other federal tertiary institutions in the country was fairly big. Its traditional blue and white colors were evident in almost all structures in the school. FUPRE was known for two things; its brilliant students and its basketball team, with the latter gaining more popularity that the former. This was majorly due to the fact that they exported players to the N.B.A yearly. Four core players in the national basketball team D’Tigers were alma maters of FUPRE. The school team had represented the country twice in the last three years in the African Basketball Challenge which involved the best teams in tertiary institutions in Africa. They had won the trophy on both occasions. But last year, they had failed to qualify. They were defeated by the UNILAG team to the surprise of everyone.

‘feels good to be back’, Mudi said, breaking the silence. He felt happy being back to school. He missed his geek friends.
‘yeah. It does’, Fegor replied. Mudi looked at her. She looked like almost exactly nicki minaj. She was putting on a short pink gown with those stupid pink leggings that caused a scene this morning, with matching pink heels and handbag. He knew she loved attention and that was what she wanted with her stupid flashy dressing. He just prayed she doesn’t get into another trouble before the end of today’s lectures.

‘I guess this is where we part’, he said to his sister, carrying his bag on one shoulder.
She murmured something that sounded more like the whinning of an weak engine. Her eyes were darting to and fro. Obviously she was looking for something, or someone.
‘okay then,’ he said, ‘I’m gonna go find my guys while you go to class, if you have any. And u know the drill right?’
‘yeah, yeah I do. Call u once I’m done with classes. You don’t always have to pick me up. I’m a big girl no, you know’, she protested, placing her hands on her hips.
‘big girl my trouser. And u better…’, he didn’t even finish when she squealed ‘Soophiiiaa’ and ran off to hug her clique of friends. Mudi pulled his bag properly over his shoulder and started to walk off, when he heard a car pull over close to his. Sam and his cousin, Alex came down. Alex threw him a greeting and rushed off.

‘oga Sam, how far?”, he greeted. Sam had been his friend for over eight years. They lived in the same neighborhood in Ughelli, attended the same secondary school and had been best of friends since Jesus Christ died for all our sins.
Re: Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 by seunviju(f): 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2014
Huh,still following

1 Like

Re: Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 by Ericardo7(m): 3:09pm On Nov 25, 2014
‘your boy loyal oh’, Sam replied. They shook hands. Sam was dressed in a blue longsleeve with with stripes on a black trouser, well tucked in like Mudi. He also carried a bag over his shoulder. Mudi and Sam had a lot in common. They were in the same department. Had similar interests-basketball, computers, lone wolves, were both girlfriendless (not causew they were unable to find one but because theyt didn’t have the time).
“how is she?”, sam asked, gesturing at Fegor. He had found her in a pretty bad shape at the welcome back party. She was passed out on a sofa, but she still looked beautiful. He was still crushing on her.
“she’s alright now. I just hope things get better for her”
“yeah”,
"So how far with that programming na?" Sam asked Mudi. "Have u been able to complete it?"
"I'm almost done. Just a little perks here and there. The software..." They both launched into the hows of computer programming and software design as they began to walk to their class.....

"Sooophiaaaa!" Fegor shouted as she ran to catch up with her friends.
The other girls turned around. Their eyes lit up immediately they saw her.
"Bitcheeeessss!* she screamed when she got to where they were standing. They all screamed as they hugged and kissed each other. The other three girls were dressed like Fegor-showing a little too much of their body. Perfect seductresses.
"Sophia!" Fegor exclaimed again "you look fabulous. Nice hair. And Annieberrie you're still the cutest bitch ever. Oh! And Innie i love your shoes. They're so for the kill". She conplimented her friends as they all giggled together.
"You nkor!", Sophia said. "You're dressed for the kill." Annie and Innie squealed in support.
"Bitch," Innie said, "You're so hot, i wish i could hit on you". They all burst out laughing.

The four of them were the chic clique of the school. They've been hanging out together since their first year and were so close because of their similar characteristics-money lovers, party poppers, sex addicts and of course blockheads. They were known as the Untouchables. This was simply cause they had connections inside and outside the school.

"Hello there Feggie Minaj", Annie said flicking her long eyelashes. "Tunde is not gonna know what hit him when he sees you today"
"Yeah"they all chorused in unison and had another bout of laughter. Passers-by could not help but stare at them. And that was what they lived for. The attention.
Tunde, Fegor's on and off boyfriend was a final year chemical engineering student in the school. His father was the minister of transportation in the country. Just like his girlfriend he was a dull party freak. The only reason he was still in the school was because he was the star of the school basketball team.

The girls began to talk about the welcome party they had and how hot it was. They would laugh and giggle causing so many people to stare at them. Then suddenly Annie pointed towards a black prado jeep that drove in. "That's your man", she said to Fegor. Tunde revved the engine loudly as if to announce his entrance.
"Bitches, how do i look?", fegor asked her Chics again, fussing over her hair.
"You look awesome. Go get your man", Sophia said.
She smiled at them, then turned and took calculated cat walks to her boyfriend.
Re: Hoops For Love By Ericardo7 by Ericardo7(m): 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2014

Tunde was sitting in his car with the door open when Fegor got to him. He was wearing a combat short under a Christian Audigier shirt and Alobam jacket. Harrysong's "Beta Pikin" was blasting loudly from the stereo and he was nodding to it while having a drink.
"Tunde-honey", she called sweetly as she got close.
She made to go in for a kiss when she received the shocker of her life.
"What the f**k is this?" He shouted at her. She was stunned. What was he talking about?.
"Honey what's wrong? " she asked him, stretching her hand to touch his face. He hit it off.
"Your stupid dressing is the problem ,girl. You're all dressed up like a spoilt little kid in stupid pink"
"Honey, what's wrong with my dressing? This is the Vogue."
"Vogue my foot. You look this teenage doll...uh...what's her name again?.... oh yeah Barbie. You look like a poor artist version of Barbie. "
Passersby where already attracted to the scene. Students who were supposed to be going for classes, stopped and began to watch the drama unfolding. It wasn't everyday the drama queen got humiliated. Even her friends were watching. Fegor tried to pacify him but Tunde wouldn't listen. He began to lash harsh words out at her. He said hurtful words to her just because he hated her dressing.
"Bring down your voice, Tunde. People are staring at us." She pleaded with him. Her eyes were moist already. Never before had she been publicly embarrassed in such manner.
"What do u mean bring down my voice?," he asked angrily. His eyes were fiery red. He jumped down from the car .
"My voice is my f**king property and I can raise it as high as I want. And if you still wanna be my girlfriend, you had better grow up and stop dressing like a kid." With that he slam the door of the car and walked off, muttering "crazy ", as he did.

Fegor looked around. It was like the entire school had witnessed the entire event. Her friends were standing some distance away, shocked by the whole event. The embarrassment was too much for her to take on. Tears flowed down her cheek freely, soiling her make-up. Fegor took one last look at everyone and fled.

(1) (Reply)

30 Days Of Poetry, Day8 "I Belong To Everybody, I Belong To Nobody" Pics Inside / ....the Hidden World... / Please Do Rate My Poem! Thanks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.